how does spidey stick to walls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



dominic/wolf
well i understand the hair like porjection coming out of his hands and feet how do the stick when there coverd by a suite

leren
I don't know anything about spiderman's "physical" attributes, but I would say to make it more realistic..... You could say the spandex he wears is really thin and not very dense(w), at least the gloves and socks are.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by leren
I don't know anything about spiderman's "physical" attributes, but I would say to make it more realistic..... You could say the spandex he wears is really thin and not very dense(w), at least the gloves and socks are. Gloves not socks...Originally posted by dominic/wolf
well i understand the hair like porjection coming out of his hands and feet how do the stick when there coverd by a suite The hairs kinda cling to walls like dust to swiffers. I kinda thought that was obvious...

doctorstrongbad
Okay come on people this is a basic spider-man question. The guy has spider powers and radioactive blood so he can stick to walls. If it was his hairs how could he stick to walls thru his suit?

Toxin92
My thought is that it's some kind static cling

Scoobless
yeah... i think it's an electro-static thing..... i'm sure Electro has been able to disrupt his "stickiness" before

Mr Parker
actually if were talking about the comicbook the way he stuck to walls was it was the static electricity that generated from the bite of the radioactive spider that generated throughout his body that allowed him to stick to walls.the static electricity that came from the bite was strong enough that it could penetrate his costume.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Mr Parker
actually if were talking about the comicbook the way he stuck to walls was it was the static electricity that generated from the bite of the radioactive spider that generated throughout his body that allowed him to stick to walls.the static electricity that came from the bite was strong enough that it could penetrate his costume.

Yeah that sounds about right. I knew it had something to do with his radio active blood.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Okay come on people this is a basic spider-man question. The guy has spider powers and radioactive blood so he can stick to walls. If it was his hairs how could he stick to walls thru his suit? Long Hairs...laughing out loud

In the movie, he has tiny hairs on his fingertips and toes, they give off a very strong amount of static electricity, so strong that it penetrates his clothes, shoes, and his costume.

LousyBoy
If a movie comes up with a more logical dealing with an issue, as opposed to a really farfetched idea that doesnt seem all that plausible thats in the comics... Mr. Parker will still side with the comic. I mean... the movie is just an adaptation right?
If its a movie and not a continuation from the comics, then it might as well be a whole new character.. and story...and i for one, and many others, like the way the story and character went. Regardless of what the inspiration was. Thats the way i see it, and thats how i find pleasure in the Spider-Man movies.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by [email protected]
In the movie, he has tiny hairs on his fingertips and toes, they give off a very strong amount of static electricity, so strong that it penetrates his clothes, shoes, and his costume. Lets go with that...Cause the USM spidey always takes off his shoes when he climbs walls. I guess Stacic can't get though the rubber in his sneakers...but its a comic...who cares?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.