research

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slasherpunk18
Well,once again im making my return to the horror forum after months of absence from KMC.
I decided a while back that my career was going to be in the horror genre and I just graduated from high school and am trying to come up with ideas for screenplays.
I've decided to research different horror films so that I don't do something that's already been done.
I noticed that alot of the films I ended up buying(i got them cheap off of amazon if you're sitting there asking why I didn't just rent them)were zombie flicks.
Maybe that should be a hint to me,I don't know,but anyway I ended up ordering the following:

Zombie
Dead Alive
The Beyond
Phantasm

I'm goijg to order alot more but I just thought that i would sendf for a couple today to get me started.I think i'm going to start out by looking into the works of Lucio Fulci.

Any suggestions for movies that i should watch would be greatly appreciated.BTW, i find myself mostly interested in old slasher flicks(basically ones that are at least before 1990) and zombie films.

Thanks and it's good to be back again.

papabeard
Bay of Blood (Mario Bava)
Maniac
Cannibal Holocaust(Rugerro Deodato)
City of the Living Dead(Lucio Fulci)
The New York Ripper(Lucio Fulci)
Undead
Shaun of the Dead
Anything By Dario Argento(Profondo Rosso, Tenebrae, Suspiria)
Zombie Apocalpsye
Cannibal Apocalypse
Anything by Hershell G Lewis (2000 maniacs,the gore gore girls,BloodFeast)
Madman
Sleepaway Camp
The Hills Have Eyes
Last House on the Left
Return of the Living Dead
That crazy Guinea Pig stuff that Backfire goes on about
Revenge of the Blood Farmers
Pigs
The Burning
The Mutilator

slasherpunk18
Thanks man,i'll be sure to check as much of those out as I can.
Obviously,i've got alot of stuff out there to look at cause the only 2 on that list that i've seen are susperia,return of the living dead, and shaun of the dead.
I think if i just get a good overview of the whole horror genre then i'll be well on my way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.