Darth Plagues vs. Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bobafetty
Im gonna go with Plagues.

hoodedsith20
I agree, Plagues would win.

Gryn Jabar
No. Plagueis was afraid of death, as he was extremely old himself, spending the VAST majority of his time meditating, in stark contrast to Revan, who humbled the republic, the mandalorians, and the true Sith. Also, this match is fairly stupid. You are comparing arguably the most powerful Sith Lord versus a doddering old man that was killed in his sleep?

Darth Abominus
i'm going with revan as well. plagues wouldn't have a prayer. gryn jabar said it best.

Darth Plagues
True...Revan would have this one. Take it from me...I am Darth Plagues... stick out tongue

Reasons: We don't even know how great of a swordsman Darth Plagueis was. He had to have some lightsaber skills of course, but how good were they? Does anyone have a pic of the this Sith Lord? I highly doubt there is one, yet. But right now Revan would take him down.

Kun-ni Habeo
Revan would win

Human Vader
theres no info on plageus besides what sidious says about him being very powerful and wise. i heard somewhere that he appears in EU here and there a few times, but nothing big. Revan wins

Bobafetty
Plagues can bring people back to life. He is the most in tuned with the force then any other sith. Sidious said it himself.

Darth Plagues
This is true. Revan is way overestimated in my opinion. Darth Plagueis, relying on Sidious's words, could beat Revan by the sear power of the Force.

sasee tiin
wise words, though i think Revan would outmatch plagues in light saber skills....

Darth Plagues
Well we don't know for sure, because we have no idea of Darth Plagueis's lightsaber skills. If he is the most attuned to the Force, he could obey the Force as it guided him through the battle, this could possibly be enough to destroy Darth Revan.

sasee tiin
yeah....but how can we know more?
i haven't seen anything about him...

Fishy
Could plagues really do that? Or was it just another trick by Palpatine, he also said Plagues learned his apprentice everything, and still Sidious did not know how to do it. Revan would own his ass

Darth Plagues
Darth Plagueis

He was the Sith Lord to whom Darth Sidious was apprenticed. However Sidious betrayed Plagueis (standard practice among the Sith) and killed him in his sleep, thus becoming the Sith master himself. Plagueis is sometimes referred to as "Darth Plagueis the Wise," as he found a way to manipulate midi-clorians to prevent death....These are words from Wikipedia. So Darth Sidious was not lying when he told Anakin about his Master, Plagueis.

How do you know Darth Sidious couldn't stop people from dieing? How do we know that Darth Sidious didn't use that power to keep Anakin from dieing after falling in the lava? We don't, but I believe that Sidious did use it to save Anakin from death.

Fishy
Wikipedia is not god, nor always right. It is a human made information source on the internet where everybody can add things. They put all the knowledge they had about him in there, instead of guessing about things.

And how do we know he didn't have that power? sidious said so himself, only one has learned that power and its obviously not him. Also he tells Anakin that they can learn it together. Sidious didn't know it.

Darth Plagues
Someone as beat up as Anakin would have died. Obi-Wan obviously felt Anakin's life force diminishing, or he wouldn't have left. I think Sidious saved him. Darth Sidious may have said, "We can learn it together." But this was possibly said to persuade Anakin to join Sidous at his side. We know of how Anakin disliked his teachings sometimes...saying we can do it together was probably more appealing to Anakin, than saying "I'll teach you this power." Sidous also said Plaguies taught his apprentice everything...they may have not said it in the movie, but in the novel it revealed Sidious was Plaguies's apprentice.

Fishy

Darth Plagues
Number one seems the most likely, I say this because how is it possible in Anakin's position (lava bath) to stay alive in without Sidious's help. And Sidious was raving of how he killed his master and said..."Funny he could stop others from dieing, but couldn't save himself." And another reason Sidious had nothing else to gain from Padme, other than the Rebel Alliance.

Fishy
Sidious had a lot to gain from her, he could have gotten a lot of diplomatiic power if she could get him to join here.

And the lava bath, well yeah thats strange. But he did survive on his own, they have survived other strange things. Anakin was fried by Sidious in ROTJ and he still managed to travel a little while and thats with all his curcuits fried. He can hold on, thats for sure.

Darth Abominus
read by lucas that it was anakin's rage that kept him alive when he was severely damaged.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Bobafetty
Plagues can bring people back to life. He is the most in tuned with the force then any other sith. Sidious said it himself.

Sidious also said he loved democracy and that sure wasn't true. I think he was lyin his butt off and in either case, he says in the movie that he could save others from death but not himself. Besides why would the Dark side which is focused on aggresion and offense have this power yet the Light side which is focused on defense and healing does not?

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Sidious also said he loved democracy and that sure wasn't true. I think he was lyin his butt off and he says in the movie that he could save others from death but not himself so that wouldn't help him in a fight against Lord Revan. Besides why would the Dark side which is focused on aggresion and offense have this power yet the Light side which is focused on defense and healing does not?

Bobafetty
Oh. So he was saying that so Anikan would come on the Dark side because he figured if he got that powerful he could save Padme?

darht renav
Revan is an old has-been.
Plagueis could blow away armies with the Force so who's to say he won't do it to Revan???

Plagueis all the way.

Red Nemesis
You make a very insightful and well-reasoned point. The hordes of citations and reams of evidence you have supplied us with is a real credit to your intelligence and effort.

I am afraid that you have neglected a rather important point:

Bandon solos.

Jinsoku Takai
Nein, nein, nein, nein!!! Jinsoku solos!!!

Red Nemesis
Nah brah. Bandon.

darht renav
Plagueis all the way.
Plagueis would DESTROY Revan with his Force powers.

darht renav
Guys,there rreally isn't anything to argue about.Plagueis is the best.
That's not arguable-it's fact.

Red Nemesis
Guy, this isn't even a contest. Bandon puts him in his place.

THAT is the fact here.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by darht renav
Guys,there rreally isn't anything to argue about.Plagueis is the best.
That's not arguable-it's fact. It's also fact that anyone who's homeschooled stuffs marshmallows in their pants to accentuate their gophers, but that doesn't stop Revan from kicking Plagueis' ass.

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
You make a very insightful and well-reasoned point. The hordes of citations and reams of evidence you have supplied us with is a real credit to your intelligence and effort.

I am afraid that you have neglected a rather important point:

Bandon solos.

QFP.

More Evidence that Bandon is the most powerful and badass person in the Star Wars Mythos.

BoratBorat
Originally posted by darht renav
Revan is an old has-been.
Plagueis could blow away armies with the Force so who's to say he won't do it to Revan???

Plagueis all the way. Why do n00bs bump old threads?

Slash_KMC
I smell troll.

Anyways, the right on-topic answer: Revan wins.

BoratBorat
F*ck you bandon wins.

mattatom
Originally posted by BoratBorat
F*ck you bandon wins. Excellent...

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's also fact that anyone who's homeschooled stuffs marshmallows in their pants to accentuate their gophers...

WTF? Nooooooooooooooo... Who told you this?

Lord Lucien
Um that one person, at, like... the science center.

Ms.Marvel
maul takes it in sabers.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Excellent...

You'll regret all of this in a few years when even Lucas will say that Bandon destroys all.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
You'll regret all of this in a few years when even Lucas will say that Bandon destroys all. I will in fact. Die from euphoria.

Slash_KMC
I will in fact. Die from euphoria.

I'd probably die too. Don't think euphoria would be the cause though.

mattatom
I'd probably die too. Don't think euphoria would be the cause though. That's because your one of the ignorant masses.

I have followers!

Ultimate overpowered God team that is better than Slash KMC:

Leader: Bandon Mando Wars
Veteran: Bandon on Tatooine
Hotshot: Bandon on the Leviathan
Lady: Nancy Pelosi
Outsider: Darth Bandon

Bandon solos.

Originally posted by Janus Marius
Bandon for the win.
Originally posted by BoratBorat
galen marek Bandon wins.

Soon, I will have Lucas, as well.

Slash KMC. Again we see there is no character you can build up which I cannot replace.

Slash_KMC
That's because your one of the ignorant masses.

I have followers!

Jesus has more followers then anyone else... But was he actually more than just a crazy fellow?

Maester_yoda
He was not a crazy fellow. To you He might seem that way, but that was low either way.

mattatom
Jesus has more followers then anyone else... But was he actually more than just a crazy fellow? See this post.
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Seriously, what have you done?! You're creating of Jesus Bandon Norris will bring upon the ruin of this entire forum's credibility! The truths out!

Originally posted by Maester_yoda
He was not a crazy fellow. To you He might seem that way, but that was low either way.
Away, you must go, pit of fire, you must embrace.

Red Nemesis

I'm afraid that you have underestimated our dear friend gaySlash KMC. With his usage of the word "crazy fellow" he clearly indicates (through the faux-stereotypical British mannerism) that he is referencing C.S. Lewis' "Mad, Bad, or God" argument, in which the positive claim of divinity is arrived at by means of the elimination of the (less desirable to his theology) alternatives. GaySlash KMC has chosen to reject Lewis' rationale, however, and take the contrary position: that Jesus was not divine, not malicious and therefore mistaken (which, in such a weighty matter (according to Lewis himself) can only indicate insanity).

I, of course, have opted for the more diplomatic position that Jesus was in fact mistaken, but that his mistake-- as it was not malicious in origin-- identifies him only as mortal, not insane. I feel that the culture of the period was such that the claims made could be earnestly supported without malice or insanity; look at the , the multitude of preachers there were likely not all victims of mental instability nor of moral failure (although some doubtlessly were).

Red Nemesis
Jesus has more followers then anyone else... But was he actually more than just a crazy fellow?

I'm afraid that you've left out one key fact:
Buddah.

There are more Buddhists than Christians.

Maester_yoda
Revelation 20:14-15
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

my name is in the book. I will never see the "pit of Fire" that you joke about.

Red Nemesis
Revelation 20:14-15
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

my name is in the book. I will never see the "pit of Fire" that you joke about.

You have left out one key fact:
There is no independent evidence to suggest that such a pit exists now or ever will exist. (I'm speaking about the literal pit of hell, rather than any given lake of fire; I'm aware that there exists lava in the universe.) Thus, The situation in which the "book" is relevant may never manifest itself. Moreover, you have no way to know that there is, in fact, a "book" in which to have your name written, or even that your name is in such a book; by some readings of scripture only 144,000 people will be saved. Many more than 144,000 people believe themselves to be saved; how do you know that you are one of them?

Maester_yoda
the scripture does NOT say only 144,000 will be saved, that is not the general teaching of Scripture. I do not need facts or evidences to BELIEVE something. The King James Bible in proven to be inerrant and infallible. I do not care about your religious preference, that is not the reason of this thread, nor this discussion. Believe what you will, but do not make absurd comments

mattatom
do not make absurd comments
Hmph.

truejedi
ya Red, its 144K jews AFTER the rapture. If you are going to attack on "lack of evidence" from the bible, you might as well attack what it actually says.

Red Nemesis

However, I'm afraid that you've ignored (actually, several) key points:

This site indicates that the only way around the number is to interpret it as a symbol. Why is it that this number is a symbol, but nothing else in that book is? It seems like selecting which parts of scripture are symbolic (or not) allows for a lot of fallen human judgment (tainted by sin, remember) to contaminate the unerring word of Yahwe.

Furthermore, the issue of maximum capacity is only one of the issues I raised. You did not comment on how it is that you are assured a place in the book (regardless of the size of that list) when many people who believe things other than your beliefs, in many cases contrary to your beliefs, are equally confident that they will be spared in their own cataclysm. Hell, there are some other Christian denominations that will label you as one that will not be on that list.

Where does this certainty come from?

I would extend the same incredulity to your assertions about the KJV. In fact, even those that share your faith in Yahwe have their doubts about that book; one website has thousands of words written to assert the opposite.
One such example is reproduced here:

(Forgive the caps lock, add a wherever appropriate.)

I have to wonder (on a personal level) which comments you found absurd. I have put real effort into avoiding derogatory or derisive language. Regardless of your decision to respond, I would appreciate a message (pm or otherwise) pointing out anywhere that you have found me offensive.

Red Nemesis
Addendum:
This website indicates that since there is another verse that leaves the number undefined (and, given today's global Christian population, much larger) it is possible that the number in Revelations is in error. Why the number should be tossed and not the other verse, I'm not sure. I'm also curious as to how the mistake (?) affects the validity of the rest of the ?prophecy?

And also if the author knows that the word "quantitative" is used incorrectly in place of "qualitative." EthosCompetence matters people.

Autokrat
Did someone just finish reading some Socratic dialogs recently?

Maybe the Euthyphro Dilemma perhaps?

truejedi
number in revolutions is after the rapture. as i said. number of christians before that is never stated.

Red Nemesis
Tj, you make a very insightful and well-reasoned point. The hordes of citations and reams of evidence you have supplied us with is a real credit to your intelligence and effort.

However, the issue of maximum capacity is only one of the issues I raised.

truejedi
however, it was the only thing i took issue with in your post.

Slash_KMC
I do not need facts or evidences to BELIEVE something.

That's right! I don't need facts and evidence either. If I believe that killing younglings is actually the right thing to do, then it is, I don't need to prove it.

Believe what you will, but do not make absurd comments

Oi, there's a problem. I believe in freedom of speech.

I'm afraid that you've left out one key fact:
Buddah.

There are more Buddhists than Christians.

Prove it.

mattatom
Prove it.
Clone Wars Logic wink

Slash_KMC
Clone Wars Logic wink

Oooh, now I get it. Thanks. smile

truejedi
Oooh, now I get it. Thanks. smile

Red never did show us where there more Buddists than Christians. Off the top of my head, I don't believe that. I had always heard Christianity was the world's leading religion followed closely by Islam.

Given reams of evidence however, I would change my mind.

Also: Is red never coming back?

Or Rex?

Or Advent? (since we were still balls-deep in the Bastilla discussion)

or DE (since I made several very good points in my reply to him that he has avoided answering so far.)

Or Paolo? Since she killed Gideon, the least she could do is take his place as a contributing member.

And why did she kill Gideon and then answer a PM from nebaris?

That makes about as much logic as necromancing this thread. (which i did for the very real reason of finding that quote about reams of evidence and using it on a different forum...)

Slash_KMC
Red knows how to shut up when he's beaten. Especially by me.

truejedi
we are all beaten. This forum has been attacked by the hordes of Mordor.

Zampanó
I was probably quoting the essay "Thinking as a Hobby" by William Golding. The internet says that the claim is factually incorrect though, so I'll retract it. (Do you write these things down? Your memory is longer than HWKA for these kinds of old questions.)

I've been having a life. It is senior year and I spend half the day at the city (university) campus. Also, sexy fun times.

My schedule:
1. psyche
2. ap diff calc
3. P.E.
4. ap Gov/Pol
5 -> 7. Chem 109 / Econ 212
8 - 9. (independent study) ap stat + ap lit/comp + ap European history
10. Extracurriculars (nerdier than all getout)

On top of this I have a social life that simply doesn't lend itself to posting regularly. (The choice between my computer and the human female is a very easy one to make.) Life is moving forward, and getting into Stanford (the ultimate goal of life) doesn't happen by posting on KMC. So there's that. Consider this a farewell post.

truejedi
i post regularly and still see the human femalze.... : (

course my senior year starts today, so u might not see much of me either for a bit... Posting KMC and passing classes has never worked well for me in the past...

Slash_KMC
My senior year starts in a few weeks so I won't come here anymore either. This place is practically dead though, so it doesn't matter that much.

Lord Lucien
What is it with you people and "seenyour rears"?

Slash_KMC
It's a disease. Beware, it's contagious, you might experience graduation after you caught it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.