New to spidey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Duodenum
Im really into other comics and ive always been a fan of the ol' spiderman cartoons on fox, and I loved the movies, so I was thinking about maybe getting some spiderman comics. For someone new to the comics, but someone who knows about the origin of spidey, where should I start?

Next Venom_girl
There are many inexpensive TPB editions of original comics from the 60s and 70s, of important storylines, and of amazing artists like Romita and McFarlene.

You also might want to look at Ultimate Spider-man (Personally, I don't agree with all the changes Bendis made but it is new fan friendly:/).

You might try here. They usually have pretty fair reviews:
http://www.spiderfan.org

Duodenum
I've seen ultimate's of other comics and I cant say that I like them either so I doubt id try that, but the "essential spiderman"'s seem pretty good.

Stevie
I like reading Ultimate Spiderman. You could give that a try.

Doc Ock
If you like black and white comics then get the essentials.

I'm very nit picky.I need my comics in colour.Fortunately you can get all the Stan Lee classics in the 'Marvel Masterworks' series.

I treasure them.

Also pick up Ultimate Spider-Man.Overall a good series but like Venom girl said it has got it's flaws.

But the pros outweigh the cons IMO.

Btw great screen name big grin Do you know what a duodenum is?? wink

Duodenum
Yeah its some part of the large(or small?) intestine, not quite sure where but I believe its near the beginning of it. Its an inside joke im too lazy to explain though.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah check out the TPB but try to avoid the clone saga. Ugh.. it never happened I tells ya.

Scoobless
some of the Clone stuff was pretty good.... Scarlet Spider and Kaine kick ass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.