need anime dvd recommendations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flame Alchemist
I just got a $1000.00 dollar check and im going to go down to Sam Goodies, does could you guys give me some recomendations on which anime dvds i should get, im only like 3 weeks into anime and all ive seen is whats aired on Cartoo Network Adult Swim-Fullmetal Alchemist,Fooly Cooly,Samurai Champloo,Case Closed-ETC.

sai12
How does this fit into ....the Game Forum?!

soundtrack
-gundam wing series
-gundam wing movie: the endless waltz
-cowboy bebop series
-cowboy bebop: the movie/ knockin' on heavens door
-escaflowne the movie: a girl in gaea
-saiyuki the series
-saiyuki the movie:requiem
-the get backers the seires
-the get backers the movie (i havent seen it yet, but i heard it was good)
--i'll list more later

sai12
I personally wouldn't spend that much on Anime. And if you want to...order offline. Its slightly cheaper that way! smile

Flame Alchemist
Im only 13 and I get $1000.00 dollars a week,plus i wasnt planing on spending the check on it,maybe 3 or 4 dvds

radioboy121
You're only 13 and get $1,000 a week!? (I'm assuming allowance)

Regardless, my penny pushing sense tells me to consider renting some titles first than actually going out and buying them. If you see a title you're interested, read some reviews and see if it appeals to you. I sometimes use http://www.themanime.org to get an idea. Their list isn't completely updated, but it's a good start.

Flame Alchemist
OH, I didnt think about that thanx(I have a home envolope stuffing job with a big corp.)

sai12
Lucky kid! I wish I made that much. I don't even make that much in a month no expression

Though I would suggest this site for rentals. I had it for awhile...before it got too much for me to handle money wise.

http://www.rentanime.com/default.php

Its just like Netflicks or Blockbuster...just a lot more anime! smile

Flame Alchemist
Thanx, what do you guys and girls think of this list I got most of it from Adult Swim but im really trying to get into anime, Apple Seed,Fullmetal Alchemist,Fooly Cooly,Samurai Champloo,Paranoia Agent,.Hack Sign Legend of the Twilight Bracelet,Case Closed,Inuyasha,Saiyuki.

sai12
Good list so far smile

Flame Alchemist
So far? you think I should add more

snehin
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
Im only 13 and I get 00.00 dollars a week,plus i wasnt planing on spending the check on it,maybe 3 or 4 dvds huh?ur spoilt but if i were u i'd add one more to tht list kenshin/slamdunk {ova version}

Flame Alchemist
ummmmm... ok

sai12
I'd just ignore the ignorant one that can't type!

I think you're doing a good job of researching titles that you would want to see. I have another site for you though! One that has a pretty good database on animes...its just for looking up anime.

http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/r.html

Its a pretty cool site. I use it whenever I want to find out more about a certain anime that I'm thinking of getting....they dont' have everything, but they do have a pretty good amount!

Flame Alchemist
Thanx,I just rented a dvd called Princess Mononoke. Has anyone ever heard of it. Its like an anime movie.

sai12
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
Thanx,I just rented a dvd called Princess Mononoke. Has anyone ever heard of it. Its like an anime movie.

That is a very good anime! You picked out a good one there! smile I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Flame Alchemist
Yea I liked it the library has a couple more I'm gonna check out there the popular wons that the always have previews for. I forgot there names though. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.