Yoda(at his peak) VS Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Itachi
Would this be a good match up? I mean Yoda is the master of the Force right?

Darth Mantis
Yoda... If he is at the zenith of his power... Yeah, I think he could take Revan...

Bobafetty
No. Your dealing with one of the greatest siths of all time versus a cocky green freak who isn't all he's cracked up to be.

Lord Mader
Yoda is the master of the force he died at 900. He's been learning alot about the force in those years.

Darth Abominus
yoda

sasee tiin
I have a question: most people would say Yoda vs Sidious is a equal fight (Yoda slightly stronger).
and most people would say Revan and the rest of the ancient siths is way more powerful than Sidious.
How can then so many say Yoda vs Revan - Yoda???????

by the way, Luke is master of the force, Yoda have to be happy with a second place (among the Jedis)

Fishy
Just because I can beat up an elephant and an elephant can beat up a monkey does not mean I can beat up a monkey? No the monkey would own my ass...

And I don't know why people think Revan could not beat up Yoda, maybe because some people dont'base anything on facts but just on feelings

sasee tiin
Originally posted by Fishy
Just because I can beat up an elephant and an elephant can beat up a monkey does not mean I can beat up a monkey? No the monkey would own my ass...

I have to say that your logic isn't on top. If I can beat up an elephant, i would certainly be able to beat up a monkey easy as he11.

but I agree with your last statement. People often base their choices on feelings.

darth-yoda
Revan studied and trained in the ways of the Anchient sith for may years no matter how much training yoda did in the force in 900 hundred years i still think Revan has the advantage so revan takes this one for me

Fishy
Originally posted by sasee tiin
I have to say that your logic isn't on top. If I can beat up an elephant, i would certainly be able to beat up a monkey easy as he11.

but I agree with your last statement. People often base their choices on feelings.

It was just an example.. Just because you can beat up some people does not mean you can beat up the people they can beat up.

Nai Fohl
And I don't know why people think Revan could not beat up Yoda, maybe because some people dont'base anything on facts but just on feelings

Excuse me Fishy. What "facts" should people base their oppinion on ?

We know almost nothing about Yoda. We can't tell what he had done or could have done in the 900 years of his life. According to that I would just say that it is almost impossible match 900 years of experience in force use and lightsaber combat with - lets say - 30 years of training.

So Yoda wins here but it could be a close fight.

Fishy
How so? Sidious obviously became close to him with less training, and he didn't even come close with Revan when you are talking about force knowledge

sasee tiin
Sidious obviously became close to him with less training, and he didn't even come close with Revan when you are talking about force knowledge
I agree, Yoda and Sidious is almost equal, butof some strange reason, people think Yoda would Beat Revan, while they saySidious would loose badly.....obvious something is wrong!!!

Fishy
Its bad logic...

btw:
"I have to say that your logic isn't on top. If I can beat up an elephant, i would certainly be able to beat up a monkey easy as he11."

Nihilus can beat up every force user, the exile can beat Nihilus, does that mean that that the exile can also beat every force user stick out tongue

sasee tiin
you got me there......
otherwise i try to keep my logic at a worthy level....

MikHcky17
since we dont truly know wut powers yoda has we cannot figure out if he or reven would win also we do not know if some force powers have dissipered over the mellinia so maybe reven knows more force powers then yoda knows. any way where did sasee tiin get off sayin "Luke is master of the force, Yoda have to be happy with a second place" yoda has 900 yrs of jedi training behind him and luke has about 2 years.

sasee tiin
NJO luke has a little bit more than 2 years i think....if not training, call it "selflearning" if you want to.
I think quite a lot people would agree with Luke being the most powerful Jedi ever.

Gryn Jabar
Revan possessed knowledge unheard of to the Jedi of Yoda's time, and more experience to boot. He had true knowledge of the Sith Lords, and managed to crush the Jedi and the Sith. His fighting skills were unparalleled in that era, an era in which the PT jedi would be hopelessly over matched.

sasee tiin
do you really believe that the best Jedi's from Clone wars time, as for example windu or Yoda himself, could not have stand a chance against anyone at revan's time?
Or have i misunderstood you.....(hope so....)

Kun-ni Habeo
i think revan would win

Bobafetty
Why? You need to explain these things.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
YODA.......would slap revan silly.

Darth Mantis
And let Maul finish the job... Or Alf, it doesn't matter...

Kun-ni Habeo
Revan had great knowledge of both Dark side and light side of the force plus he has better control of the Force and probably even better swordsman
combine that with his tactitian Brains and you have got yourself a winner,i mean Yoda is Great but revan is better than him ,

Dresta
you know yoda was probobly most powerful when he was about 500 he was too old when he fought sidious so yoda a few hundred years ago might have been able to beat Revan.

Kun-ni Habeo
i dont think age would be a winning factor here

Dresta
i don't know yoda can hardly move without drawing the force upon himself and i doubt he can do that forever

darth-yoda
id like to see this fight i read a post somewere of the fight revan won but that means nothing good post though you should look for it anyway i dont think all jedi and sith from the kotor time period could beat mace and yoda nad jedi of the clone wars period just the powerfull jedi and sith like malak revan sion nihilus traya the exile people like that

Darth_Frobo
While yoda's good once again he's no where close to revan while yoda may have 900 years of experience revan knows so much not only that he's put it into practice and kicked the crap out of any opponent he's every faced, if palps can fight yoda to a draw and he's not a tenth as powerful as Revan chances are revan would reck him, I love yoda personally one of my favorite SW charachters (right up there with Jango fett) the facts are heavily leaning towards revan

darth-yoda
frobo was it you who wrote the revan yoda fight is so well done anway back on topic yoda is a very hard to hit combatant his speed is far above revans

Bobafetty
So. Revan is way better with the force and saber. Sure Yoda has better agility but that cant compare to the two most important talents of the sith or jedi.

Darth_Frobo
Thank you very much darth-yoda, though my jango v.s maul story is much better (it's near the end of the storytime thread page 7-8 I think) But anyways enough of my shameless self promoting. Yoda's speed is the only thing he outclasses Revan in but once again Revan's superior knowledge would help and his ability to forsee every single move yoda would make through the force sorta balances that out.

Bobafetty
Then it's an even match. Whe're just gonna have to let Lucas decide the out come.

Darth_Frobo
not really even Revan still knows more about the force and is a better swordsman but yoda's still so cool why does he have to fight someone as powerful as revan.

Darth_Frobo
o ya and yoda very sick story dude very very sick.

Darth_Frobo
in the good way

Darth Plagues
Darth Revan is a better swordsman than Yoda? What the heck...you guys need to wake up. Have y'all even played KOTOR? Revan's moves suck...Ray Charels could see that. And I don't understand where your getting... "Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever." Yeah he decided the fate of the galaxy...so did Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi. And OoOo he tried to take over the Republic. If Revan were truly smart with military tactics he would have made this giant fleet with the Star Forge that could take the Republic no problem. Yoda would chop this guy to little bits...

http://4hccsprojects.com/theatre/TheatreArts/Askanexpert/YODA.JPG

Darth_Frobo
Okay congratulations you truly know nothing about Revan, He mastered and I mean mastered forms 1-7 as well as dun moch and whatever he learned from tulak horde and the rest, what you see in the game is him with his memories of all I previously mentioned destroyed and he was still able to kick malaks ass on the star forge twice over. Then he regained all his memories which combined with what he learned from KOTOR makes him pretty damn powerful. Also he didn't want to conquer the republic genius he wanted to unite it against the sith empire, he purposley didn't destroy planets critical to both the republics economy and military, in fact he had HK assasinate anyone who could potentially de-stabilize the republic. Even when he became a dark lord of the sith again he said screw it and chose to go fight the sith empire. Yoda is one of if not my most favorite movie characters but if you look at Revan's true power he'd carve him up like a christmas turkey...

Darth Plagues
Darth Revan = about 40 years of training

Yoda = about 800 years of training

Yoda > Darth Revan

Darth Revan is just an overated Jedi with a lightsaber. GL even said its not about power.

Fishy
do you really believe that the best Jedi's from Clone wars time, as for example windu or Yoda himself, could not have stand a chance against anyone at revan's time?
Or have i misunderstood you.....(hope so....)

Some of them would, most of them would not.

The Jedi in Revan his time, just had more experience because they fought more. Masters like Vrook and Vandar probably fought in the wars with Exar Kun, probably Kreia as well. These are Jedi that have seen some fighting. There are sith there that probably survived Kun his era and Revan kicked those guys down. Those Jedi and Sith have seen a lot of fighting, an incredible amount of war. Something that nobody from the Movies can even dream of achieving.

And thats why Revan would win, he kicked all those asses, asses of Jedi and Sith with far more experience then anything Mace or Yoda could have ever faced. They were more ready for war, trained harder for it fought more and have so much more experience with fighting against somebody else with a lightsaber.

And Yoda his nine hundred years don't mean all that much if a much younger Sidious can already almost keep up with him. Imagine what somebody like Revan who did nothing his entire life but studying, fighting and trying to learn more could do against him.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
Darth Revan is a better swordsman than Yoda? What the heck...you guys need to wake up. Have y'all even played KOTOR? Revan's moves suck...Ray Charels could see that. And I don't understand where your getting... "Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever." Yeah he decided the fate of the galaxy...so did Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi. And OoOo he tried to take over the Republic. If Revan were truly smart with military tactics he would have made this giant fleet with the Star Forge that could take the Republic no problem. Yoda would chop this guy to little bits...

Try Wikipedia. Granted it's not always right but it specifically says about Darth Revan and I quote "Thought by many to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time"

Revan's moves suck huh? Well it was enough to defeat everyone he ever faced including the strongest mandalorian, the strongest Echani, hundreds of mandalorians, hundreds of Jedi, hundreds of dark Jedi, and two Sith lords, one of them strong enough to control the Star Forge and his old apprentice.

As for your "he's stupid because he didn't make a giant fleet to destroy the Republic." We're talking about one of the greastest (if not the greatest) tactician ever. Did you even finish KOTOR? Did you see the ending where there were hundreds of Capital Ships coming out of the Star Forge with Bastila saying the Republic fleet is decimated and the core worlds are defenseless against us? Do you even know why he left? Because there was a much greater threat on the way, he went into the Unknown Regions to singlehandedly destroy the ancient Sith Empire.
As for Yoda, granted he's powerful but he didn't even defeat Sidious. Lord Revan has Force lightning too, and I'd bet just about anything it's stronger than Sidious' was.

Knowledge wise? Yoda learned probably everything in the Jedi temple and about everything in the light side, maybe even a little something on the dark side. Lord Revan had a lust for knowledge, plundering not only the Jedi temple and the Valley of the Dark Lords with the four very powerful Sith Lord's tombs, but an entire PLANET sized Sith storehouse of knowledge. He learned dozens of techniques to kill or turn light side Jedi or even dark jedi. Yoda had 900 years but how often did he leave the Jedi temple in that millenia of peace?

Will power? Lord Revan easily. The only one ever to resist the powers of Malachor V, which even Kreia could not and she could kill three council level Jedi with at the same time with one use of the Force. Revan was also one of two that could control the Star Forge and Revan could do it much better. Hundreds of others died trying because they failed and were consumed.

Experience? Revan fought as the lead guy in two different wars spanning 7 years, whichever side he was on started winning. What else do you need? The guy's superior to most everyone in about every category.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree he is superior to most everyone. But personally I think the following people could take him.
Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, and NJO Luke.
But keep in mind Yoda would have to bust out the ultimate lightside trick, Mace would have to surprise him with Vaapad, and Obi-Wan and Luke would ninja win it.

Emperor Revan
Well, IMO he just couldn't have gotten stronger because he excelled in everything that could increase your power. Maybe if he had Anakin's potential, but his was already enormously high.

Darth_Frobo
in those 800 years how many people did yoda fight before the clone wars, how bout none. that being said he did get about 2 years worth of combat experience during the clone wars, now consider that revan had 8 years of COMBAT experience that he knew more than any force user ever about the force and lightsaber combat and he spent his 8 years of war refining it to perfection, not only that but the only jedi yoda ever fought were dooku and sidious one he owned one who fought him to a draw,(more or less i still like to think the green dude won) and they were less than half as powerful as Revan, malak could probably take them both. But revan fought and killed countless jedi and sith most of them would make most of the jedi order except maybe windu, Rots anakin,obi and yoda look like younglings compared to them, kreia could kill 3 jedi masters more powerful than obi and mace with one lift of her hand and revan passed her in all matters completely and utterly. Everything yoda could do with the force could be done be even the crappiest apprentces during revans time except maybe absorbing force lightning but the master probably could. For lightsaber techniques forget it revan mastered all 7 forms, and threw in what he learned from combat and from people like sadow,ragnos, hord (the greatest swordsman ever) and ajunta pall. Yoda had form 4 form 1 and a strong connection to the force that's as far as he got. so Revan has superior knowledge of the force better saber skills 4 times as much combat experience, more accomplishments more experience against other force users and the ability to predict his enemies movements with the force how pray tell does yoda be that much better then him? please if somehow this has no bearing on revan being better then him enlighten me, if not please stop being such a lightside fanboy.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Okay congratulations you truly know nothing about Revan, He mastered and I mean mastered forms 1-7 as well as dun moch and whatever he learned from tulak horde and the rest, what you see in the game is him with his memories of all I previously mentioned destroyed and he was still able to kick malaks ass on the star forge twice over.

He mastered all seven forms ? No way. It took people like Dooku (who is estimated one of the most powerful Jedi the temple had trained in the last centuries) 50 years mastering form II. Learning something is not "mastering" it.

Not that it would even matter. Yoda (according to "Shadowhunter"wink could avoid getting hit by 3 Jedi Masters trying to hit him with lightsabers without even having a lightsaber in hand. Do you realy think Revan is that fast ?
Yoda doesn't use his lightsaber to defend himself. When he uses it, then with the intention to kill or hurt somebody.

How should Revan do that ?
With the force ? He has no chance against Yodas force defence.
With a lightsaber ? Yoda will kill him.

See...that whole thing is not about tactical skills. It would be lightsaber fighting and you can ask yourself if 800 years of training (even within the temple vs guys like Mace, Obi-Wan and Dooku) can be matched by 30-40 years of training (although these include a lot of "real" combat). I don't think so.

Can a 30 year old professional boxer that went through hundrets of fights (sparring) kick the ass of a 60 year old Shaolin master (that never had "real" fighting only training in a Shaolin monastery) ?
I don't think so...

DarthMandalore
Originally posted by Nai Fohl

See...that whole thing is not about tactical skills. It would be lightsaber fighting and you can ask yourself if 800 years of training (even within the temple vs guys like Mace, Obi-Wan and Dooku) can be matched by 30-40 years of training (although these include a lot of "real" combat). I don't think so.

The closest thing to war that Yoda saw was in episode III. It would be like studying "Guitars for dummies." or any other book like that. No matter how much you read it and study it, you may never learn to play the guitar. Revan got out there and "Read the book a couple times then played the guitar" so to speak. What i'm saying is that Yoda was constantly studying and teaching and such. Revan was studying and putting what he learned to good use.

Darth_Frobo
You're joking right, Revan's lightsaber technique was miles ahead of yoda, maybe he didn't master them all but he sure as hell came close, and yoda being faster is completley irrelevant, the reason he was able to do that is because he could forsee the masters attacks through the force, like revan but revan could do it MUCH better, as for froce defense, what do we really see yoda do, absorb some lightning and block some objects thrown by crappy sub-par sith lords, Revan's force knowledge was much greater then yoda, as said kreia could kill 3 jedi with one raise of her hand and revan was much more powerful then she was. Revan not only knew and learned over twice as much as almost every other jedi but he also practised it in real combat.

I have a question for you if there was an SAS commando with much better training more natural skill and greater knowledge of weapons and tactics who'd fought countless campaigns and won every time and perfected his skills through combat but had only 8 years of training against a 60 year old who'd spent his entire life training but never fought a real war? The one with 8 years would take him down in seconds.

Revan learned much more of the force and lightsaber combat than yoda ever did and he perfected it and used it in combat against more powerful opponents. The opponents during revans time namely malak and vrook had just as much force defense, but still Yoda had no where near as much experience against force using opponents, he wouldn't be prepared for what revan could throw at him as it was knowledge given to him by ancient sith most of which could whipe the floor with yoda. Revan would brake yoda's force defenses as kreai said, "there are some techniques within the force for which there are no defence". As for lightsaber combat Revan had fought jedi and sith for nearly a decade he'd learned every form as well as secrets from the ancient sith and refined them through combat, so chances are he mastered most of those forms, it's not a matter of time for mastering combat it's a matter of experience in real combat. So To save you time from reading this uber long post, Revan would brake yoda's force defense and he had much more knowledge of lightsaber combat knowledge that he perfected during battle against thousands of force wielding opponents, knowledge that he'd turned in to skills and eventually mastery of almost all know lightsaber forms, his combat experience taught him which style is good for which situations and how to blend them for best results, using his extensive knowledge of saber combat he would quickly find a flaw in yoda's style then ruthelessly exploit it.

sasee tiin
Ok, thats your point of view Frobo.....you have certainly worked a lot with this post, so i won't critizise you too much, even though i don't agree.
I won't bore you with another neverending post, just mentioning reasons already said.
But personally I think Yoda could pull this off, speed is not irrelevant.
Besides, did Revan master Vaapad....i thought it wasn't discovered at that time....

Gen. Grevious
Revan sure hes incredibly powerful but i reckon if yoda was at his peak he would beat him...

Darth Plagues
He mastered all seven forms ? No way. It took people like Dooku (who is estimated one of the most powerful Jedi the temple had trained in the last centuries) 50 years mastering form II. Learning something is not "mastering" it.

Not that it would even matter. Yoda (according to "Shadowhunter"wink could avoid getting hit by 3 Jedi Masters trying to hit him with lightsabers without even having a lightsaber in hand. Do you realy think Revan is that fast ?
Yoda doesn't use his lightsaber to defend himself. When he uses it, then with the intention to kill or hurt somebody.

How should Revan do that ?
With the force ? He has no chance against Yodas force defence.
With a lightsaber ? Yoda will kill him.

Can a 30 year old professional boxer that went through hundrets of fights (sparring) kick the ass of a 60 year old Shaolin master (that never had "real" fighting only training in a Shaolin monastery) ?
I don't think so...

I agree with this point.

jpsmith5
Just out of curiousity why haven't you guys included Darth Plagueis because according to Rick McCallum and George Lucas Plagueis the Wise was the most powerful force user the galaxy had ever witnessed. As you will all see in the Star Wars Novel Dark Lord of the Galaxy by Rick McCallum.

Lord Darkstar
um buddy, I know you are new and all (by the way, welcome), but this is a Yoda vs Revan duel, not a who should be fighting thread. If you want to create a thread with Plagueis, go right ahead. Just please don't add in things that have no bearing on what is being debated. Also, not calling you a lier, but where did you hear about the book, and when is it coming out?

Lord Darkstar
about why we haven't included him in any threads, that is because we do not know enough about his combat skills, a few sentences from Sidious about him being powerful does not tell us about lightsaber skills, force skills etc.

Darth L. Dipsit
I actually think Yoda might win. They are both powerful, but I just have to go with Yoda because that's what my gut tells me.

Also, welcome, jpsmith5. You should make a post about Plagueis if you like him. It's nice to meet you, by the way.

Nos vemos.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Okay congratulations you truly know nothing about Revan, He mastered and I mean mastered forms 1-7 as well as dun moch and whatever he learned from tulak horde and the rest, what you see in the game is him with his memories of all I previously mentioned destroyed and he was still able to kick malaks ass on the star forge twice over. Then he regained all his memories which combined with what he learned from KOTOR makes him pretty damn powerful. Also he didn't want to conquer the republic genius he wanted to unite it against the sith empire, he purposley didn't destroy planets critical to both the republics economy and military, in fact he had HK assasinate anyone who could potentially de-stabilize the republic. Even when he became a dark lord of the sith again he said screw it and chose to go fight the sith empire. Yoda is one of if not my most favorite movie characters but if you look at Revan's true power he'd carve him up like a christmas turkey...

how could he have mastered form 7 if it was created by mace windu, who wasnt even thought of back then?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
weiner head. stick out tongue

Darth Viktar
Good point.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
frobo i like you still, dont take alf personally, he spits off at the mouth sumtimes....i have to keep him in check. Happy Dance

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
how could he have mastered form 7 if it was created by mace windu, who wasnt even thought of back then?

Vaapad was Juyo wasn't... He could have learned form VII

Emperor Revan
Like Fishy said, Form 7 was around. He could've (probably) learned Juyo but not Vaapad but that would be a useless form for him anyway since he's already dark side. Look at how Revan holds his lightsaber on the ship before Malak attacks, he also waits for the three Jedi to come to him. I haven't seen that before, maybe he created his own style.

Fishy
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Like Fishy said, Form 7 was around. He could've (probably) learned Juyo but not Vaapad but that would be a useless form for him anyway since he's already dark side. Look at how Revan holds his lightsaber on the ship before Malak attacks, he also waits for the three Jedi to come to him. I haven't seen that before, maybe he created his own style.

Probably especially after he became the Dark Lord again. With all the knowledge he already had plus Tulak Hord his holocron... Well lets just say that using a conventional style that already existed would be a waste of potential. Revan isn't one to let knowledge go to waste.

Emperor Revan
Very true.

Darth_Frobo
Vaapad is merely an extension of ofrm 7 juyo which was created before even revans time all it does is channel the force to make you more aggressive. as for him not mastering the styles maybe not 100% but he certainly knew them all inside out as well as all the strengths and weaknesses and was at least advanced in all of them never mind what he took from tulak hord and the ancient sith lords is beyond any of the styles, with the exception of vaapad all styles were around during revans time if you look at wikipedia and i've already explained what vaapad is. I thank you for not being a jerk about your opinion politeness goes a long way to a world with less retards.

Apex512
We know a lot about Revan and all his travels, but we really don't have a clue what Yoda had to face in his years before the movies, but he must of done something. he couldn't have just stayed in the temple for 900 years. That's a lot of time for adventures, and Yoda in his prime, I think could take the great Revan.

Darth Plagues
Yep

Darth_Nefarus
Seriously, Yoda even when he's old man Yoda is a wrecking machine. You all saw the clones in ROTS, the red guards, and he was kicking Palpy's ass...

Darth_Frobo
all of which are like mall security compared to revan

Darth Plagues
don't give me that "Darth Revan is a god" thing

Darth_DaNThEMaN

Lord_Windu
lmao

Darth Plagues
lol

Darth_Frobo
no one has ever said that unlike biased njo luke fanboys we don't beleive he is a god, i do however beleive he is probably the most powerful sith ever and have written numerous uber-long posts explaining how revan has better force powers and is a better swordsman. yoda uses form 4 attaru a the same form that got qui-gon butchered by maul if you remember and revan is a lot more powerful then maul. revan knows all the styles (except the vaapad extension of juyo) backwards forwards and inside out, he'd reckognize the obvious flaws in the attaru style and then ruthelessly cut yoda apart. Yoda would put up a good fight, revan just has more knowledge and combat experience then he does, not only does he know more he's also perfected his knowledge and turned it into skill through battle. revan IS NOT A GOD but he is probably the most powerful force user ever.probably being the most important word.

Darth_Frobo
lol dan,o ya I've been meaning to ask you dan do you play halo 2?

Darth Plagues
Qui-Gon didn't master it like Yoda did...Revan would die

Darth_Frobo
really how, with his inferior force knowledge or his inferior lightsaber skills, or maybe he'll take all that knowledge he got from those wars he didn't fight in and use that? or maybe he learned something from those sith he never beat that were glorified thugs compared to revan? The only way i see yoda winning is by getting all his fanboys together so they can all cry about how he'll lose and the flood of tears will somehow drown revan. A flaw in a lightsaber form is a flaw in a lightsaber form if you're a master or not the flaw still remains in the style.

Darth L. Dipsit
Yoda owns.

Darth Mantis
Mmmm... Took the words out of my mouth you did...

Fishy
I expected better from you Dispit...

but okay anyways

Revan owns Yoda

The only real reason I hear for Yoda is that he's nine hundred years old. Well big deal, Sidious was about 50 60 or so? He still almost matched Yoda.

Now Imagine a 30 year old with a lot more experience a lot more reading a greater control of the force and a lot more powerful. That 30 year old would be stronger then the 60 year old that almost matched the 900 year old.

Yoda his age doesn't mean shit. I agree it should have, but GL made sure it doesn't. Yoda is not all powerful because of 900 years if he was he would have beaten Sidious in a second

Darth Plagues
Revan is an overated dude with a lightsaber and Force...He's not invinsible and all you Revan fan boys make up all this junk and keep posting "He was the best Sith to ever live." If he was really all that powerful, why didn't he make a blackhole and suck the Star Forge up or something...because he can't. Marka Ragnos (The Strongest Sith) would just raise his hand and Darth Revan would be down on the ground dead. And no he's not the strongest Jedi either (NJO Luke Skywalker)...argue with me all you want, but all this Darth Revan worshiping is sickening. Yoda would own this guys silly...

Darth_Frobo
Despite the fact you haven't proved how yoda would win yet, and as we don't know anything about ragnos except that his APPRENTICES were powerful, and on the other thread if you look at the actual debate instead of the poll where biased njo fanboys who didn't argue because they knew they were wrong voted, Revan knew all lightsaber forms inside out as well as much more and could do every force technique. as for why he didn't swallow up the star forge with a black whole how bout he decided to use it instead to make a kickass army that owned the republic, instead he harnessed a sun and controlled the sun itself to make an army, he also killed thousands of jedi/sith and thousands of mandalorians as well as everyone else he ever fought, unlike yoda revan never lost.period. and as you have no reasons for yoda being better that haven't been shown to be useless.

Darth Plagues
All that crap about Darth Revan knowing all the Force techniques and lightsaber forms...is a lie. Your just making this stuff up as you go along. Darth Revan didn't know how to do Battle Meditation, Control gravity, Form black holes, Blow up stars, Move planets, and etc. No Jedi/Sith has mastered all techniques. And the entire thing with lightsaber forms...he doesn't know them all...thats another thing that you made up in your fantasies. NJO Luke Skywalker discovered new Force abilities...Darth Revan just used the ones that have been known to many for years. And about that thing Darth Revan didn't lose. Where were you playing KOTOR. He lost when his bridge got shot. You have built up a character so much...you think he could take on anybody. NJO Luke Skywalker, Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, Darth Nihilus, and Yoda could take him down. And another thing about Luke fan boys voting, without arguing. Revan fan boys did the same and during the entire debate you guys told all those lies about him being "The strongest Sith/Jedi ever"...and how he knew all the Force techniques and lightsaber forms. We back our stuff up with true things that actually happened in the EU...don't talk about NJO Luke fans boys, when your over there worshipping a video game character that you made junk up about in your fantasies. Nice try though...

Emperor Revan
Revan is an overated dude with a lightsaber and Force...He's not invinsible and all you Revan fan boys make up all this junk and keep posting "He was the best Sith to ever live." If he was really all that powerful, why didn't he make a blackhole and suck the Star Forge up or something...because he can't. Marka Ragnos (The Strongest Sith) would just raise his hand and Darth Revan would be down on the ground dead. And no he's not the strongest Jedi either (NJO Luke Skywalker)...argue with me all you want, but all this Darth Revan worshiping is sickening. Yoda would own this guys silly...

Overrated? No. Overpowered? Maybe but we can't do anything about that. why was he so powerful and why do we rate him so high? I'm glad you asked.

He had Battle precognition, the Will power to resist the Dark side of an entire planet that no one else (not even Kreia) could resist, he controlled the Star Forge, was perhaps the greatest tactician ever, he had enormously high potential, he learned everything about the Jedi from them, plundering tombs, relics, artifacts, and knowledge from a planet sized Sith storehouse of knowledge, learning dozens of ways to kill or turn Jedi/Sith, fighting for 6 years straight as the leader of one of the forces in the two different wars against powerful opponents, he killed Mandalore and the strongest Echani, and was considered by Kreia (the one that killed three Council level Jedi Masters at the same time with one use of the Force) to be the heart of the Force.

Then he loses all that power and becomes a Jedi again, he plunders Korriban, including the tombs of four very powerful dark lords, gaining their artifacts, learning from Tulak's holocron, killing two tarentateks at the same time by himself when just one could easily kill a Jedi, he killed everyone in a Sith academy that he started, he killed the best bounty hunter at that time, a Sith Lord, he killed hundreds of dark Jedi and assassin droids, killed his apprentice Darth Malak, and became even stronger than he was during his first reign (first paragraph).

Then he recovers all his memories and knowledge, increasing his power greatly from the second paragraph, before he goes to fight the ancient Sith empire single handedly.

Now even though Wikipedia says, and I quote "Thought by many to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time" about Revan, you still think he's no match for Marka Ragnos, which Wikipedia says basically nothing about and the only thing we know is that he was feared by a guy that could use Sith magic to detonate a star. Let's look at the one thing we really do know about Ragnos, how he took over a Dark Jedi master as a spirit and got manhandled by a Jedi Knight. Now let's compare him to Exar Kun's spirit for instance. After 4000 years of waiting, he kills a Jedi padawan and it takes 12 Jedi padawans, the spirits of Luke skywalker and Vodo Siosk merging their powers and two lightsabers to destroy Exar's spirit (whom wasn't in a Force user like Ragnos). Ajunta Pall's spirit fought and lost (though not terribly bad) to Revan who was about a Jedi knight at the time. Ragnos again lost in a Dark Jedi master's body even with his Sith lightning sword to a guy that was weaker than Revan of the time he destroyed Ajunta's spirit.

Now I know all this Revan worshipping is sickening you and Marka is still (in your words) the Strongest Sith you think and would raise his hand and kill Revan but that's not worshipping right there. And you've got plenty of reasons to back it all up I'm sure. You said,.... oh wait, you have no reasons up there. Well that's still much better (not worshipping) by saying Ragnos could kill Revan by raising his hand wihout support then my (worshipping) Lord Revan by listing all of the above reasons of why he is powerful. Oh and I loved what you posted about how Revan should make a black hole to suck up the space station only he controls that makes an endless fleet for him to do with whatever he wants. That was a great line right there. All hail Darth Plagues the Wise! stick out tongue

Darth Itachi
Darth Revan is one of my most favorite Sith of all time. In KOTR he was hella bad ass and his skill in the Force and Lightsaber knowledge shows. However, I think that if he dueled Yoda at his peak, it would be a draw. I'm just saying this because we don't know much of Yoda before his appearances in the movies. Wow, I'm impressed that at least one of my topics is very successful here. Too bad no ones likes my other ones. Like my Darth Vader Vs Sephiroth or my Darth Vader Vs Milo and Otis.

Fishy
Yoda was at his peak when he was fighting Sidious and although he showed great power it didn't convince me that he was able to defeat Revan at any time.

Apex512
Yoda at his peak when he was fighting Sids. Show me the proof, and if so, Yoda would still win. Although I liked Revan in KOTOR, he's overrated. Mastering all the forms, and all that other stuff, just don't believe it, unless you got proof. Proof! I demand proof!

Darth L. Dipsit
I expected better from you Dispit...

Ouch. Sorry, Fishy, sir. I won't make any more images then. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I just hold Yoda above Revan by a little bit, and I think Revan should just be owned every once in a while. I, honestly, believe that Yoda would beat Tulak Hord, who in turn is better than Revan. In the movie, it seemed to me like GL almost contradicted himself with Yoda's fight.

But I hope you can forgive me and that we can move on - please accept my humble apologies for my apparent display of ignorance.

Darth Plagues
Originally posted by Apex512
Although I liked Revan in KOTOR, he's overrated. Mastering all the forms, and all that other stuff, just don't believe it, unless you got proof. Proof! I demand proof!

Yes, if you have proof that Darth Revan knew all the lightsaber forms and Force techniques post it.

Emperor Revan
Yes, if you have proof that Darth Revan knew all the lightsaber forms and Force techniques post it.

I noticed you didn't even respond to my post. No stupid retort, or did you even read some of these posts?

Nai Fohl

Revan Souer
Revan would win just because he'd cheat, the darkside dont hold back so he wouldn't give yoda a second chance. However yoda might second guess killing Revan which would give him he's chance

Darth Plagues

Darth_Frobo

Emperor Revan
All hail Lord Revan! All hail Lord Revan! All hail Lord Revan!

I was really looking forward to Darth Plagues' reply to my earlier lengthy post. Oh well, at least he's quiet now...

Revan Souer
All hail Lord Revan! All hail Lord Revan! All hail Lord Revan!

I was really looking forward to Darth Plagues' reply to my earlier lengthy post. Oh well, at least he's quiet now...
Im lord REVAN not you mad

Fishy
Oh and seriously people stop saying that 900 years thing. It sure as hell didn't help him much against Sidious. 900 years is nice and all but he wasted a lot of those years doing... I don't know what he was doing but he sure as hell wasn't studying as hard and as much as Revan was.

Lord Darkstar

Revan Souer
Oh and seriously people stop saying that 900 years thing. It sure as hell didn't help him much against Sidious. 900 years is nice and all but he wasted a lot of those years doing... I don't know what he was doing but he sure as hell wasn't studying as hard and as much as Revan was.
Damn right FISHY breach the truth!

Yoda is wish but Revan is the Man

Nai Fohl
Revan saber skills/reasons he's better:
-Revan mastered more froms and had more experience using them and knew the ones he didn't 100% master inside out
-form 4 has an easily exploitable weakness as shown by the qui-gon maul fight.
-fought to the death against many many powerful jedi probably most atleast as good as aotc obi-won.
-no one yoda ever fought had a tenth of the power of lord revan
-Revan learned from tulak hord the gretest swordsmen ever, knowing almost everything he has to know and then using it in REAL combat.
-Revan had battle pre-cog which nullifies yoda's speed or ability to dodge attacks as yoda would already know where he was going.
-Revan was one ruthless SOB give him the smallest opening and he'll make you dearly dearly regret it.

1. He mastered more forms ? That is simply not true. He can use all forms. That doesn't mean he MASTERED them.

2. Yoda is not Qui-Gon. Watch that fights. It has weaknesses in defence against multiple opponents (as far as I know Revan is only ONE person) and it has weaknesses in defence. As I said...Yoda doesn't even need a lightsaber to defend himself.

3. It doesn't count how many people you have killed. Otherwise Dooku, Mace and Obi-Wan all should kill Yoda.

4. Tulak Hord is said to be the greatest SITH duelist. Why don't people get that ? That says *nothing* about lightsaber duelist the Jedi Order had.

5. Echani can be killed. Revan can be killed. So much for battle pre-cog.

Did you miss that one ? Yoda: "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Proof ? Ups...
Kreia was refering to Nihilus so that quote actually doesn't count for Revan.

Yeah. Sure you can be a Jedi Master for 900 years WITHOUT training with your lightsaber. 30 generations of Padawans can learn that on their own. They just learn that lightsaber combat and than kick your ass because they had training - somebody might have trained them but not you...why should you ? You are the great master Yoda - and you had none

Sure. An entire planet of knowledge. Anybody can learn everything there in a few years. I ask myself why people need that long time to study something when you can learn nearly everything about an entire species or culture (in this case 25,000 years of force powers developed) in such a short time period.

Revan Souer

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Revan Souer
Revan was a exteremly fast learner as they said in the game it took him days to master things that others take years, so you don't know how much he know or mastered. Revan was the most Powerful Sith in history and probably the strongest jedi for that matter, thats why he was kept alive. You can't say that about yoda who was equal to mace and mace lost to Sid. Need i say anymore

1.)
Yoda > Mace

2.)
Yoda is said to be the most powerful Jedi ever.

3.)
Where did Mace lost to Sidious ?

Revan Souer
1.)
Yoda > Mace

2.)
Yoda is said to be the most powerful Jedi ever.

3.)
Where did Mace lost to Sidious ?
When he crash landed on the street. On the StarWars Database thing they are deemed as equal. Revan was the most Powerful Sith fact, and by there very nature Sith are stronger then Jedi. As they can use both sides of the force where as Jedi only use the light side which thou is helpful. Does kill a man with a gesture of a hand

sasee tiin
completely agree with all of your posts Nai Fohl (except Yoda being most powerful Jedi- I think NJO Luke) , and after reading your arguments, i would say Yoda could win this.
BRILLIANT!!!!!

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Revan Souer
When he crash landed on the street. On the StarWars Database thing they are deemed as equal. Revan was the most Powerful Sith fact, and by there very nature Sith are stronger then Jedi. As they can use both sides of the force where as Jedi only use the light side which thou is helpful. Does kill a man with a gesture of a hand

Mace did not lose to Sidious. He had Sidious disarmed and down on the floor when Anakin came in and ruined the day. That's it. Without Anakin walking in Mace would have killed Sidious. Yoda in a "fair" fight would also do that.

And Sith can use both sides of the force ? That thing only fits for NJO Luke. The rest of the people might be able to use both side abilities but it costs them very much power using an ability from the opposing side. And the ancient Sith didn't even know about the light side...nor did the Sith that came after the battle of Ruusan. That people were Sith from childhood on.

Darth Itachi
VROOM!!!! Revan rocks. So does Yoda!! VROOM!!!!

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Ouch. Sorry, Fishy, sir. I won't make any more images then. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I just hold Yoda above Revan by a little bit, and I think Revan should just be owned every once in a while. I, honestly, believe that Yoda would beat Tulak Hord, who in turn is better than Revan. In the movie, it seemed to me like GL almost contradicted himself with Yoda's fight.

But I hope you can forgive me and that we can move on - please accept my humble apologies for my apparent display of ignorance.

Don't apologise it wasn't meant like that, just a joke... Sorry aboot that

Darth Abominus
i chose yoda as the winner here, granted there isn't a whole lot known about yoda. although some would say if sidious was somewhat on par with yoda in ep. 3, how can yoda fair with revan? this may be off a bit but it seemed to me that none of sidious' attacks were hurting yoda. and sid's first lighting attack at yoda, well, it seemed to me that yoda allowed himself to be hit, as he just stood there, was knocked across the room and just layed there and just open his eyes as if he woke up from a nice nap.

i just think that yoda can nullify just about all force attacks seen. perhaps yoda doesn't know as many forms as revan does but can't see any weakness in yoda when he fights.

do we know a whole bunch about marka ragnos? not a great deal but certainly some would say that marka would rip a hole into revan's chest without breaking a sweat.

however i don't think revan could be called the greatest sith lord of all time. other sith lords that i think were at the very least on par with him were exar kun and naga sadow.

Darth_Frobo
As for lightsaber technique, attaru has a flaw in it no matter how good you are with it the flaw remains, he knew the styles very well he didn't master any one form 100% because there would be no reason to, he took the strengths from all of them to form his own style one which yoda would have no experience against, a form that was as close to perfect in every way as you can get, I never said he mastered every form but he mastered more then one probably. To know a style inside out is not to master it but to know its strengths and weaknesses and how to exploit them as for what he learned from tulak hord, even his holocron still would be probably the best guide for swordsmanship ever.who in the jedi could you compare to tulak for swordsmanship? he was the greatest swordsman in the time of some of the best duelists ever whatever he taught revan was far superior to anything yoda could have learned from his "extensive" sources. Yoda is known to only be a master of attaru and maybe shi-cho not exactly the strongest styles. Yoda never fought in the hyperspace wars, and the nightsisters are a joke any true sith would cut them up easily, everyone yoda actually fought except for sidious was garbage and sidious matched him with a saber, sidious wouldn't be worthy to wipe revans ass for him.

As for yoda being alive 900 years who cares? what force powers did he get out of that except for a strong force defense? Revan had many offensive force powers including ones yoda wouldn't even know about let alone how to defend. Kreias statement about force powers being unblockable was a general statement about the force, never mind revan could also do what nhilus did maybe not as well but he still could as he learned everything there was to know from malachor,could yoda do any of revans offensive moves, No, did he have more sources to learn from,No, did yoda ever learn from malachor the only place where some of revans force knowledge could be learned? Revan could apply his knowledge a lot more than yoda could as he fought in multiple wars against countless jedi and sith as well as other melee opponents. If Revan goes on the offensive which he can then the defensive flaws in attaru will hurt yoda, Revan has at the very least advanced knowledge of the forms at the minimum enough to make a customized blend with almost no weaknesses. Revan learned things that could only be learned from the places he got them, places yoda's never been to holocrons yodas never seen. where does all this leave yoda, using an inferior form of lightsaber combat and with less knowledge against force techniques... that definitley sounds like winning material to me see I can be obnoxious too! big grin

Revan Souer
As for lightsaber technique, attaru has a flaw in it no matter how good you are with it the flaw remains, he knew the styles very well he didn't master any one form 100% because there would be no reason to, he took the strengths from all of them to form his own style one which yoda would have no experience against, a form that was as close to perfect in every way as you can get, I never said he mastered every form but he mastered more then one probably. To know a style inside out is not to master it but to know its strengths and weaknesses and how to exploit them as for what he learned from tulak hord, even his holocron still would be probably the best guide for swordsmanship ever.who in the jedi could you compare to tulak for swordsmanship? he was the greatest swordsman in the time of some of the best duelists ever whatever he taught revan was far superior to anything yoda could have learned from his "extensive" sources. Yoda is known to only be a master of attaru and maybe shi-cho not exactly the strongest styles. Yoda never fought in the hyperspace wars, and the nightsisters are a joke any true sith would cut them up easily, everyone yoda actually fought except for sidious was garbage and sidious matched him with a saber, sidious wouldn't be worthy to wipe revans ass for him.

As for yoda being alive 900 years who cares? what force powers did he get out of that except for a strong force defense? Revan had many offensive force powers including ones yoda wouldn't even know about let alone how to defend. Kreias statement about force powers being unblockable was a general statement about the force, never mind revan could also do what nhilus did maybe not as well but he still could as he learned everything there was to know from malachor,could yoda do any of revans offensive moves, No, did he have more sources to learn from,No, did yoda ever learn from malachor the only place where some of revans force knowledge could be learned? Revan could apply his knowledge a lot more than yoda could as he fought in multiple wars against countless jedi and sith as well as other melee opponents. If Revan goes on the offensive which he can then the defensive flaws in attaru will hurt yoda, Revan has at the very least advanced knowledge of the forms at the minimum enough to make a customized blend with almost no weaknesses. Revan learned things that could only be learned from the places he got them, places yoda's never been to holocrons yodas never seen. where does all this leave yoda, using an inferior form of lightsaber combat and with less knowledge against force techniques... that definitley sounds like winning material to me see I can be obnoxious too! big grin
I agree Revan would win and nobody will be able to change my mind

Darth_Frobo
well done yet another revan supporter joins our ranks soon we will rule the forums muahahahah (infinite fleet of sith warships bombs the jedi temple into ashes.)

Emperor Revan

Emperor Revan
1. He mastered more forms ? That is simply not true. He can use all forms. That doesn't mean he MASTERED them.

2. Yoda is not Qui-Gon. Watch that fights. It has weaknesses in defence against multiple opponents (as far as I know Revan is only ONE person) and it has weaknesses in defence. As I said...Yoda doesn't even need a lightsaber to defend himself.

3. It doesn't count how many people you have killed. Otherwise Dooku, Mace and Obi-Wan all should kill Yoda.

4. Tulak Hord is said to be the greatest SITH duelist. Why don't people get that ? That says *nothing* about lightsaber duelist the Jedi Order had.

5. Echani can be killed. Revan can be killed. So much for battle pre-cog.

Did you miss that one ? Yoda: "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Proof ? Ups...
Kreia was refering to Nihilus so that quote actually doesn't count for Revan.

Yeah. Sure you can be a Jedi Master for 900 years WITHOUT training with your lightsaber. 30 generations of Padawans can learn that on their own. They just learn that lightsaber combat and than kick your ass because they had training - somebody might have trained them but not you...why should you ? You are the great master Yoda - and you had none

Sure. An entire planet of knowledge. Anybody can learn everything there in a few years. I ask myself why people need that long time to study something when you can learn nearly everything about an entire species or culture (in this case 25,000 years of force powers developed) in such a short time period.

I answered a lot of these in my response to Lord Darkstar's post but some I didn't:

The number of people killed does help because we know thousands of mandalorians, Jedi, and Dark Jedi could not beat him, as well as two Sith Lords, the council members, Mandalore and anyone he has fought thus far. Like Kreia said, Combat makes you stronger while isolation makes you weaker. Revan=constant combat. Yoda=mostly isolation

About Tulak Hord, Sith are generally stronger than Jedi.

Echani can be killed. Yes but that one precognition ability is what makes them so tough, sort of like mandalorians and very few had the power to predict battles, and only a couple were good enough to predict wars. Revan was good enough to predict wars, add that to his already substantial power and he's even stronger. Not to mention he uses the dark side and the dark side is stronger than the light side so he has an advantage there too.

As for your 'learning too fast' posts. Look at Anakin. He did it really fast. Revan is considered to be the Heart of the Force and like Zhar said: "He can do in weeks what many cannot do in years."

Oh and to Revan Souer: You say you're Lord Revan over me? Yeah right. My name is better, my pic is of my Revan, I have a better title and location, though your sig is better. I can argue for Lord Revan way more than you and I have been here much longer so if one of us is Revan, it's me.

sasee tiin
when did Kreias words became the law? stick out tongue
Yoda has fought more in his life than Revan anyway.
how could revan learn something in days or weeks, that others didn't managed in years? remember, you do have to read, listen to holocrons etc. and it takes time, unless the holocrons could speak in 10x normal speed, and revan had to read as with ten eyes.....or have i missed something?

Darth_Frobo
Yoda only fought in the clone wars which lasted aproximatley 2 years revan fought for close to a decade against much more powerful opponents then droids, and I would like to thank empereror revan for finally clearing up this, Revan didn't have enough time to learn lightsaber forms crap if he could learn in weeks what many can't in years as zhar said then he sure as hell can learn in years what others can learn in years. you quite literally posted exactly what I was going to.Jerk miffed yoda actually isolated himself from combat or even sparring up until the clone wars but revan fought countless battle against opponents far superior to those yoda ever faced, 1 mandalorian=30-40 droids 1 jedi/sith=100-200 droids and some loser sith like uthar could probably take sids. As said in a previous post tulak could probably wipe the floor with any jedi as far as swordsmanship is concerned, I've already posted a lot about all the knowledge he has, his superior combat experience and his superior knowledge and experience witha lightsaber including his customized style that was pretty much unbeatable as no one has killed him as far as we know. He specialized in fighting and killing jedi/sith as well as turning them against someone whose greatest accomplishment in terms of combat is beating an incredibly weak sith in count dooku then fighting a sub-par sith to a draw. as for learning in weeks what others did in years, many others have done it and his masters even said he did it end of story. I've pretty much posted countless reasons numerous times that revan is better across this post but somehow certain fanboys are clinging to either, "yodas better because he's in the movie or he's better because he's lightside." as if you look at all the proof people like me and emperor revan have posted like 100 times across this post and how we've shown revan to be better in almost every way then you'd quit being such n00bs about it sit down and shut up.

sasee tiin
don't you allow other people to hve other opinions Frobo?
even though you are one of all the "revan-fanboys" who say Revan is superior to everyone, we others may disagree if we want. Noone will shut upjust because you think you can control this forum....

do you seriously think that Yoda didn't fought until the clone wars? I need solid proof to believe that the little gren dude didn't fight in his youth, he sure as hell did.

Emperor Revan
when did Kreias words became the law? stick out tongue
Yoda has fought more in his life than Revan anyway.
how could revan learn something in days or weeks, that others didn't managed in years? remember, you do have to read, listen to holocrons etc. and it takes time, unless the holocrons could speak in 10x normal speed, and revan had to read as with ten eyes.....or have i missed something?

Kreia's words aren't law, but she if she knows what she's talking about, it's a really good source. When she talks about Revan, it's important because he was her padawan. As for the war thing, most people know that. Look at AOTC Anakin and Obi. Now put them in 3 years of war and you get ROTS Anakin and Obi who are far stronger. How do you think Revan, the Exile, Kyle, etc. get so strong so quickly? First, they're quick learners but secondly the fight strong opponents constantly.

And Darth Frobo, Thanks for the shout out. cool

sasee tiin
but do you think that yoda just fought in the clone wars during his 900 years life?

Emperor Revan
but do you think that yoda just fought in the clone wars during his 900 years life?

Obviously he's fought more, but how often? There weren't any full scale wars and he is a senior member on the council, so he didn't go out a whole lot. Even on Kashyyyk, he didn't do much that we saw. Sure he fought a lot, but not all at once, those little fights would keep him as strong as he is maybe but not stronger. He wasn't fighting as a leader in two wars for 6 years like Revan. Combat is Revan's home, and he performs really well in it.

sasee tiin
thanks for at least agreeing a little bitbig grin
I agree with the fact that the fighting didn't make him much stronger since it happened not very often, but even though he fought quiet rarely, he gained experience, so he isn't that far below Revan in "real- fighting- practice"

Emperor Revan
Yep, I agree with you there. big grin

Fishy
Honestly Sasee I can see why you would think Yoda would win, I mean he's great but the best argument you have is 900 years old. And be honest here, how much did those 900 years help him against Sidious?

Lord Darkstar
actually Yoda did fight more than you think, he fought against the nightsisters and in the stark hyperspace war, granted not as much as Revan, but he did have combat experience.

For Zhar's line, I wouldn't read to much into it, remember Revan already knew all that stuff from before his mind was wiped, I think it was just coming to the surface again.

To Revan Souer, I completely agree with Emperor Revan, he knows far more about Revan than you do, can argue better for him, has been on longer etc. Plus, I like him better, so if anyone is Revan, it is him, not you

sasee tiin
Honestly Sasee I can see why you would think Yoda would win, I mean he's great but the best argument you have is 900 years old. And be honest here, how much did those 900 years help him against Sidious?

seems like you have misunderstood me fishy, i haven't brought any arguments for Yoda, didn't want to repeat Nai Fohl.
I have just discussed the "revan- supporting" facts.
Of course I don't think that Yoda's 900 years would give him victory, that would be foolish of me!!

Fishy
seems like you have misunderstood me fishy, i haven't brought any arguments for Yoda, didn't want to repeat Nai Fohl.
I have just discussed the "revan- supporting" facts.
Of course I don't think that Yoda's 900 years would give him victory, that would be foolish of me!!

Ohh okay, sorry my bad

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
actually Yoda did fight more than you think, he fought against the nightsisters and in the stark hyperspace war, granted not as much as Revan, but he did have combat experience.

For Zhar's line, I wouldn't read to much into it, remember Revan already knew all that stuff from before his mind was wiped, I think it was just coming to the surface again.

To Revan Souer, I completely agree with Emperor Revan, he knows far more about Revan than you do, can argue better for him, has been on longer etc. Plus, I like him better, so if anyone is Revan, it is him, not you

Yeah, you're probably right, Yoda did fight more often than I though but Revan was still a quick learner even before his second time, Zhar and others said that too. They expected him to become a champion of the Force.

And thanks for agreeing with me on that last line. cool

sasee tiin
really nice to see people who are willy to agree with others, to change their mind slightly and don't just stand on their own without any proof!!
I like it!!

Emperor Revan
Yep. What's the point of debating if everyone just goes:

Revan
Yoda
Revan
Revan
Yoda
I'm right you're wrong and notings gonna change my mind.

Obviously there are some of those and will always be but at least there's quite a few cool people that are how you described.

Revan Souer
Yep. What's the point of debating if everyone just goes:

Revan
Yoda
Revan
Revan
Yoda
I'm right you're wrong and notings gonna change my mind.

Obviously there are some of those and will always be but at least there's quite a few cool people that are how you described.
True it has got a little childish, but my main reason for thinking Revan would win was because as we saw when yoda fought Dooku. Jedi dont make sacrifics. Yoda wouldn't let OBI and Ana die to beat Dooku, so if Revan fought Yoda you know he'd use that to his advantage

Darth_Frobo
I'm sorry to get frustrated its just the best arguement I've seen is he's 900 years old which really isn't that great considering all the proof we have for revan as for other places he's fought if you check wikipedia and star wars.com you'll see that he's only fought in the clone wars. I got frustrated because people are thinking yoa would win despite the overwhelming proof to the contrary, please base your opinions off the evidence not because you like someone more I'm not saying this applies to everyone but it certainly applies to some and I'm really sorry if i offended you sasee i wasn't refering to you as much as i was to other who are unwilling to change their minds despite the 6 pages worth of proof we have supporting him, I didn't mean to sound like a jerk and I'm really sorry again but it wasn't directed towards you and I'm just intolerant of people basing their opinions off their feelings instead of the proof, once again really sorry.

sasee tiin
read Nai Fohl's and Lord Darkstars posts on page 5, good arguments in my opinion.

Lord Darkstar
To Revan Souer, when Revan and Yoda fight, there would not be other people there, so Revan couldn't make Yoda sacrifice himself

To Frobo actually in the book The Courtship of Princess Leia, it clearly states that Yoda fought the nightsisters, also, it is known that Plo Koon and the jedi fought in the stark hyperspace wars, so since Yoda is a jedi, and is around in that time, it stands to reason that he also fought in the stark hyperspace wars. And if the best arguement you have seen for Yoda is that he is 900, I suggest you go re-read some of my old posts and several others on this thread, there are several reasons besides the fact that he is 900

sasee tiin
true, your posts were good!!

Lord Darkstar
thanks

Darth_Frobo
I haven't seen info on yoda's other battles yet but I will look into it there's nothing worse then someone who says something didn't happen just because they don't know about it. as for your other reasons, they're good but there's still a lot of proof for revan having better force knowledge and we've pretty much established that he's a better swordsman, I'm not saying it wouldn't be close, you have some very good reasons it's just that the evidence is leaning towards revan for the moment, once again really sorry about my prievious comments I didn't want to be a jerk I just got really frustrated with certain people, Really really sorry again I feel bad about it. sad

Fishy
read Nai Fohl's and Lord Darkstars posts on page 5, good arguments in my opinion.

The only real point they have is his age and how much he could have learned in that time.

The fact of the matter is however he wasn't all that much superior to Sidious who didn't learn for 900 years. And Yoda could not have had all the things that Revan had to learn from.

A good point from Nai is the speed thing, yeah Yoda could be a lot faster but once you see his fights you would know that he does very little with it and the Jedi can still block his attacks so he may be faster and it maybe hard to hit him but as long as he doesn't hit Revan who cares about that?

Most of it just keeps on going back to the age thing, and that doesn't help him against Sidious so there is no reason to assume it would help him against Revan who was studying a large part of his life.

And even though Darkstar in his posts heavily limits Revan his time for learning I just can't agree with that. Revan was legendaric, why would he only become a master at 28? Besides he was allowed in those archives long before that he constantly learned more from a lot of Masters. Zhar even admitted to teaching him to much to fast, knowledge that Revan should not have known at that time. Also according to Kreia Revan learned a lot from her and then learned from a lot of other masters but when they had nothing else to teach him he left them again and came back to her.

This doesn't really mean he literally learned everything, but pretty much everything he needed.

Reading threw it again, i've also seen an entire argument about Battle pre-cog thrown away by saying people can be killed.. A waste because it does help Revan a lot. Other arguments there are good, but just not good enough IMO. Nothing that really makes me think Yoda has an edge in anything except for Speed on Revan.

Darth_Frobo
Ps. darkstar you do defend your point of view really well it's nice to debate with someone competent instead of certain, "Revan hands down" or "yoda hands down" people who don't even defend their point of view, your intelligence and that of nai fohls and sasees and others who I've already complimented/am to lazy to list is very much appreciated and is keeping this forum from becoming full of dumb n00b flaming spammers.

Darth_Frobo
Thank you fishy for summing up 6 pages worth of revan arguements into one post pretty much.

Emperor Revan
Yep, Lord Darkstar and Fishy both have awesome support when they post, so does Darth Frobo.

By the way Lord Darkstar, I take it you're on Yoda's side? Or are you just trying to help his cause a bit?

And Fishy: Sweet post.

Lord Darkstar
well maybe I did limit his learning time a bit too much, but I think that you are overexaggerating his learning time, like I said earlier, it took Dooku 50 years to master form II, even if it only took Revan 25-30 years (still a bit to fast in my opinion), he could only have mastered that and maybe one other form. I have a few other points but I'll gtet back to them later

Lord Darkstar
to Emperor Revan: actually I haven't decided yet which side I am for, but Yoda needed some help against you and Frobo so I took up the cause, I actually don't know as much about Yoda as I would like, so this has been a good learning experience for me as well.

Thanks for the point where you said I have support when I post, its always good to know that you are respected

Darth_Frobo
It's nice to know you're unbiased and i appreciate the intelligence you put behind your posts man, p.s do you know where I could learn more about yoda's other battles, My favourite movie charachter he is.

Fishy
I'm not talking about the forms now... He could have mastered one form at most just learned about the others, but I don't even think he mastered one form.

I think he started learning one and then strayed from that and started developing his own form from that. He had the knowledge the experience and Tulak his holocron to base it on. Seems like something he would do (there is no real evidence from this besides the movie where Revan is captured).

I was talking more about the force techniques. But he could have probably mastered at least one form in those years, if he did follow one form. Reason I believe is so because he did fight for years and usually when you are fighting you increase your fighting skills faster.

Revan Souer
This is all speculation as we can't say how much Revan could learn, its possible however unluckly that he had Mastered every thing by the age of 25. Nobody knows and for the point of nobody would be around that wouldn't be the case. Revan was brillant with tactics thats a fact if it suited his purpose Revan would make sure there was people there

Fishy
There is no way, just no way in hell Revan could have mastered all those forms... Absolutely no way in hell

Darth_Frobo
As I said before if he can learn in a couple of weeks what it takes others years to master then he can learn in a couple of years what takes others decades to master. lets say it took him 2 weeks to learn what would normally take someone 2 years, thats a ratio of 2/104 so in 8 years 832 weeks he could learn as much as someone else who had 52 time as many weeks to learn it.

Darth_Frobo
He didn't master them all but he was advanced at the minimum in all of them, he didn't use any of the forms in combat however, he took all the strengths of each as well as what he learned from malachor and korriban and used it to make his own style with practically no flaws, throw in his battle pre-cog and he may very well be one of the greatest duelists who ever lived.

Revan Souer
As I said before if he can learn in a couple of weeks what it takes others years to master then he can learn in a couple of years what takes others decades to master. lets say it took him 2 weeks to learn what would normally take someone 2 years, thats a ratio of 2/104 so in 8 years 832 weeks he could learn as much as someone else who had 52 time as many weeks to learn it.
so if he was a younglin how old who he have to be to know everything in theory?

Still you have no answer for others being there, you can see my point i take it.

Darth_Frobo
Um.. I completley don't understand the entire second line of your post dude, and he only started really learning from 20 up.

Fishy

What he did in weeks that took others years was the thing he learned for the second time. Its going to be a lot easier for him to learn all of that again then it was to learn it the first time

Revan Souer
Um.. I completley don't understand the entire second line of your post dude, and he only started really learning from 20 up.
When do they say that, They never give an age as far as im aware.
My second line is in refrence to me saying that yodas weakness is jedi don't sacrific others to win and you said no one would be around, if not you then sorry

Darth_Frobo
In general Revan was an extrordinarily fast lerner even picking something up for the first time, and his mind was completley wiped as far as the jedi training was concerned, it was his natural ability with the force that helped him master the training so fast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>