Phasing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelgeek
Hi I thought this could be a discussion of the power of phasing.
Here's some topics that could be discussed or ignored:
It's actually incredibly dangerous if handled well, phasing someone into the ground or just avoiding attacks to then strike. If there's will and ingenuity there's an unstopable foe.
Or can they be stopped?
I, peronally, know of two people (mutants) with this ability: kitty pryde and neophyte of the acolytes. Are there any more?
Are two people in phase solid to eachother?
Hope u'll enjoy the thread and find it interesting!
smile

Mainstream
I think if two people are both phasing they'd be soild to one another.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think if two people are both phasing they'd be soild to one another.

In magneto wars, kitty kicks neophyte and both of them are in phase.
So that we actually have an example of.

Interesting sidenote for me/rantings for u coming up:
since u spread your atoms by phasing and to be solid to each other shouldn't they need to be on the exact right opposite places on the other person? Wonder if a persons size matters? Does every "phaser" (oh lord... I feel like dr evil) spread their atoms exactly the same distance? Doesn't that need to be the case for two... "phasers"... to connect?

Mainstream
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
In magneto wars, kitty kicks neophyte and both of them are in phase.
So that we actually have an example of.

Interesting sidenote for me/rantings for u coming up:
since u spread your atoms by phasing and to be solid to each other shouldn't they need to be on the exact right opposite places on the other person? Wonder if a persons size matters? Does every "phaser" (oh lord... I feel like dr evil) spread their atoms exactly the same distance? Doesn't that need to be the case for two... "phasers"... to connect?

I'm not sure I guess they may be different phasing frequencies.

black robb
if Kitty's phasing is based on magnetism,then if she put her hand into someone's head,couldnt it disrupt their electrical impulses? just a thought

Mainstream
Originally posted by black robb
if Kitty's phasing is based on magnetism,then if she put her hand into someone's head,couldnt it disrupt their electrical impulses? just a thought

I believe it's possible.

munkiesarus
Her phasing is based on magnetism?

And as for two phasers colliding:

I think like in Star Trek, the photon torpedoes can't get through a ship's shields becausse they are on different frequencies. Thus, I believe that two phasers must be on the exact same "phasing" frequency to collide. Much like Blink and Nightcrawler don't share a teleporting otherworld. And that otherworld is different from the place behind Cyclops' eyes where the beams come out of...I think :P.

stormfront13
astra from the imperial guard was a phaser, and yeah when kitty was phased and so was astra they were able to make direct contact. astra actually grabbed her wrist while they were both phased. also i think storm was able to use her wiond powers against kitty when she was phased, so does that mean that she coulkd be blown away in a tornado or like have her atoms seoarated or somethimg?

radioboy121
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
Hi I thought this could be a discussion of the power of phasing.
Here's some topics that could be discussed or ignored:
It's actually incredibly dangerous if handled well, phasing someone into the ground or just avoiding attacks to then strike. If there's will and ingenuity there's an unstopable foe.
Or can they be stopped?
I, peronally, know of two people (mutants) with this ability: kitty pryde and neophyte of the acolytes. Are there any more?
Are two people in phase solid to eachother?
Hope u'll enjoy the thread and find it interesting!
smile

As to phasing ability in Marvel, there are Moonstone and Vision that can also phase. I think telepathy is still a problem with people who can become intangible and I can't equate Cortez' use of power when he repelled Neophyte.

No, but she did meet up with herself from an alternate reality who did not affect electric circuitry, etc. but instead could affect the life essence of people.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by radioboy121
As to phasing ability in Marvel, there are Moonstone and Vision that can also phase. I think telepathy is still a problem with people who can become intangible and I can't equate Cortez' use of power when he repelled Neophyte.

In an early kitty-number of x-men where she was tested in danger room I think it was said that she still was vaulnerable to sound, and maybe heat, cold, and of course psychic attacks.
There also was some forcefields that shifted frequensies or something that it would take a while longer to phase through it.

radioboy121

munkiesarus
Weeeeelll, as the problem with the X-Men, every writer has his own take on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.