I Just Failed My Permit Test For The Second Time!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
Call me an idiot. Go ahead. I went for my permit last Tuesday, failed the test. Went in today to retake it..Failed it again. I have one more chance before I have to wait 6 months to try again (Kentucky Law mad )

Mainstream
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
Call me an idiot. Go ahead. I went for my permit last Tuesday, failed the test. Went in today to retake it..Failed it again. I have one more chance before I have to wait 6 months to try again (Kentucky Law mad )

you talking about the driving part or the written exam?

Lana
....did you read your rules of the road book at all? Because if it's the written test, everything is in there, word for word.

Morbid4Daniel
Written Exam. The permit comes before the drivers license.

Yeah. erm He gave me a break and told me I could come back tomorrow (Even though I really should wait a week), He told me that a woman comes in to orally read the questions...I think he thinks im special needs.

Acherontia
aww poor you, ... i didn't even study and i got 80%, but there where REALLY random questions, like "What has a high percent of alchohol Vodka, Gin, Wine or 6.5 malt liquor"

Like stuff that has nothing to do with driving.

Ken Kenobi
You must be dumb.

I passed mine on the first try without ever having read the handbook.

Morbid4Daniel
It varies from state to state.

Thanks KK. Very sweet of you. sad

Bardock42
I passed mine too...and in germany they are wicked hard eek!

Morbid4Daniel
They're hard here too. But im just retarded. The good thing is, even though Im supposed to wait a week to re-try, I get to come in tomorrow and get to have it read orally to me. He thought I was special needs. embarrasment

Acherontia
Hint: Do your practical driving courses in a large busy city, BUT pass the practical test in a rural area, away from everything, like that... less circulation.

Morbid4Daniel
I dont get it. I dont think things work that way here.

Bardock42
Hint: Learn the Rules, learn driving.......

Morbid4Daniel
I read the rules the first time I read the book, none of the questions (Both times I took the test) had questions about the rules on them. They make it to where the question is kind of easy to understand, but the answers are complicated because you can choose more than one of them and they all sound right!

Lana
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
I dont get it. I dont think things work that way here.

Yeah it does, you can go to any DMV to take your behind-the-wheel test. When I got my license I went to one that was a half hour away because the one near my house was right off the highway and I'd never driven on the highway before.

And the written test is the easiest thing ever, I slept in driver's ed, glanced through the book once, and got every question right but one. It's all common sense stuff.

Morbid4Daniel
Well I dont take driver's ed. When people turn 16 they have the chance to get their permit. Thats why I tried to do. All I did was get the book, read it, take the test..and I failed it!
Yes it is common sense stuff, but the answers are too closely related for me to understand.

Lana
You didn't take driver's ed? We have to in Illinois. Have to have so many hours of classroom instruction and so many of behind-the-wheel in order to get your license, unless you're 18. I wound up not getting my license until after I turned 18 so it really was pointless for me to take driver's ed anyway.

Morbid4Daniel
Because I wasnt offered it. If I fail it tomorrow, Ill be halfway to 17 years old before I even get my permit..and thats if I pass it!

Lana
I could have gotten my license at 16 but didn't even get my permit until after I had turned 17 *shrugs*

And you can take driver's ed at a private driving school if they don't offer it at your high school, you know.

Morbid4Daniel
okay. They do but its only a one night thing, and you have to be going in for your Lisence (Not Permit) to take the course.

Lana
That's kinda stupid, I think.

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah erm

magic_hate_ball
M4D dont worry...read your book and youll be fine....i didnt get my license till after i was 18 anyways....i didnt see it as a big deal

Morbid4Daniel
It's not so much of a big deal, but when you have a boyfriend that you're crazy mad for and want to drive to see him...then it becomes a problem eek!

LiL nAstY GirL
My bro got a 100 and he didn't study

JToTheP
I failed the written test twice & had to go to the DMV twice. That test is such ass.

Morbid4Daniel
Im not that smart, Lil.
Agreed JT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.