the lightsaber fights in 4,5&6 look so wooden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth hi
has any one noticed that darth vader's whole body moves when he tries to attack

whoever made it like dat should be hang

Darth Travizzle
You're retarded. You shouldm't diss the classic Star Wars.

darthmaul1
that's the point the jedi or exjedi in the OT are old, halfmachine or too young to be like the jedi in the PT.

gentmax
Well, what did you think about the fighting when you first saw ROTJ back in the 80's?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Darth hi
has any one noticed that darth vader's whole body moves when he tries to attack

whoever made it like dat should be hang

Its over let it go

Gryn Jabar
The fights in the OT were at least semi believable, in PT they would likely result in you cutting your dick off if you tried it.

Darth_Vader05
What im pissed about is when in the new A New Hope dvd when Obi Wan is fighting Darth Vader for the last time his saber turns purple and when Luke was training in the falcon his saber was like green and not blue...

Boris
Well the Vader v Obi one yeah, but the first Luke one, Vader was taking it easy, did not want to kill the Emperor's prize. Then in their duel in Rotj I though it was good.

Darth hi
some of u have put good points across but i agree wit vader 05 a new hope was definately too wooden

p.s. i love star wars it's my fave saga

ShotgunWes
P.S.= Don't flame me

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
The fights in the OT were at least semi believable, in PT they would likely result in you cutting your dick off if you tried it.
Who would of thought the force would allow you to do things that you wouldn't normally be able to do on your own!?! WHAT THE JENGA WERE THEY THINKING?!

Red Superfly
I refuse to get involved in this converstaion due to the retardedness of the topic poster and any attempts at intelligent enlightenment may lead to said topic creators head to explode.

Lord Chariol
Remember that in A New Hope there was an old man fighting a half machine and there was supposed to be drama, not all this meaningless lightsaber flinging you see in the prequels. The lightsaber duel in Empire was the coolest, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Darth_Leo
The lightsaber battles then were slow then but in the new ones...

Your Father
I agree with darth Leo, the lightsaber battle were slow. In the Trilogy edition they said they digatally remastered it. Well now Jabba looks all brand new and that thing that lived in the sand dunes doesn't match.

Your Father
I agree with darth Leo, the lightsaber battle were slow. In the Trilogy edition they said they digatally remastered it. Well now Jabba looks all brand new and that thing that lived in the sand dunes doesn't match. bunny bunny

imarebel
hmmm... yeah i have the original SW vids... and the "fight" between vader and obiwan sucked... it was like they were just tapping their sabers together...

Bishop X
Originally posted by Lord Chariol
Remember that in A New Hope there was an old man fighting a half machine and there was supposed to be drama, not all this meaningless lightsaber flinging you see in the prequels. The lightsaber duel in Empire was the coolest, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but from a physical and acrobatic viewpoint, Episode I's duel of the fates is superior. Quite exciting.

ZoSo
You people have to remember that these movies were made in the Seventies!

dflood
Originally posted by Lord Chariol

yoda and dooku are dead old ,

explain that

Gryn Jabar
They kept in shape, and Dooku> Obi-Wan.

AmrothSkywalker
The only explanation is obvious technology has increased extremely over the past thirty years and that was the best that they could do back then and now is the best they can do technologically now.

imarebel
Originally posted by ZoSo
You people have to remember that these movies were made in the Seventies!

true, true. i take back what i said about that lightsaber fight. but it makes it difficult to release movies almost thirty years apart... it almost doesnt work....

exanda kane
I blame Lucas . . . sure some of PT fights are pretty cool to watch, but there no depth there.

<Ep.1 attack of the liddle midget with a tatoo>
Lucas: ohhh theres make them do some back flips cos theres nothing actually hapening in the story.
Other guy: Good Idea, if we put enough special effects in, the audience might actually mistake it for a movie rather than a toy commercial!

Sure, ANH looks wooden and kinda bad, but Empire and Jedi have definetly got the best duels.

AmrothSkywalker
Long live the Original-non super flipping old people duels that had more emotion than all the prequel fights besides Mustafar duel-Trilogy!

exanda kane
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

General Zodiac
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

lihp123
The fight scene in A new hope between Vader and Obi wan looked crap for two reasons:
1. The duelists actors were ordiary people with few saber skills, and one of them was wearing a super heavy suit.
2. The lightsabers were made of wood, and hitting the lightsabers quickly and forcefully would cause them to break. I also think that they were rushing the film due to lack of time.

I would love to see all of the fight scenes from the original trilogy updated with special effects and played by proffessional saber duelists. I would love to see darth Vader fighting like the Jedi and Sith from the PT

lihp123
Not that the original trilogy fight scenes were crap. they were all great. My fave has got to be Darth Vader vs Luke in ESB

Sith-Nerd
i liked luke vs. vader in ROTJ

Darth_Janus
I already covered this about three months ago.

In an issue of Star Wars Insider, they covered the reason why, especially in ANH (Which I rewatched, the saber battle was worse than I recall) they used two wooden props. These props had reflective parts on them that spun via a motorized machine, which was hidden in the participant's sleeves. The reflective parts spin, catching stage lights and giving the illusion of laser swords. However, as was said before, they were flimsy abd broke easily, especially because of David Prowse's great strength (He was a professional body builder). As for being ordinary with no talents, that is wrong; Alec Guinness had plenty of experience with weapons and props from his multitude of years on stage and in movies.

KMCF
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar

Luke upgraded his Saber

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistoryPics/LukeANHPic.jpg

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/LukeANHSM.jpg

Originally built by Anakin Skywalker. Kenobi made some slight detail modifications over the years and passed it onto Luke Skywalker in his hut on Tatooine.

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistoryPics/LukeHolPic.jpg

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/LukeHSSM.jpg

This was Luke's first attempt at building a lightsaber. Unfortunately it failed...badly. He abandoned the project but did learn a thing or two and used that knowledge to modify his father's lightsaber.

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistoryPics/LukeESBPic.jpg

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/LukeESBSM.jpg

Darth Vader disarmed Luke along with his hand in duel and it was presumed lost in the shafts of Cloud City on Bespin. Found by the cloned Jedi Master Joruus C'baoth along with Luke's severed hand, he cloned Luke from his hand cells and gave the saber to the clone named, Luuke.

Red Superfly
^ laughing

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by KMCF

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistoryPics/LukeHolPic.jpg

^^^^^^^Who the **** is that?????

Darth_Janus
That is Brucie Skywalker, the queer third child. Obi-Wan tried to stash him in a storage bin, but he survived on iron rations and soon was adopted by a troupe of circus performers who bought Padme's yacht after her death. He had aspirations of fighting the evil empire and getting his third grade instructor in bed, but unfortunately the IMperial naval was prejudiced against a boy who painted his nails and Mr. Brown was happily married. In the end, Brucie Skywalker became a spice pirate and died in a box moving incident when a binary loadlifter popped up with a 3.

exanda kane
That is such a heart-wrenching story, the redundant tale of little Brucie Skywalker . . .

Darth_Janus
Next someone will market it. He was the Chosen One.... Chosen to DIE! Dun dun dun!!!

Stealth Agent
seriously is that mark hamil?

beedubaya
George Lucas himself said that the A New Hope fight was slow because it was an old man and a half man/machine fighting for the first time in 20 years. Wouldn't you fight a little slower after not dueling for 20 years? After rewatching ANH, I didn't think it was too bad...it could have been better, but to make it as fast as they were in the prequel trilogy just would have not been right for the situation.

SithHappens
I loved the duels in the OT, I just think there wasn't enough of them. An easy way to fit that in the story: let Kenobi live atleast to ESB.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.