Thanos Vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WOLVERINEFAN
ok, heres the problem. i have a 13 year old brother who worships superman and he thinks basically no one can beat him. so please enlighten him with proof and pictures of the true power of Thanos.

colossus17
u dont have to be ashamed if u want some pics of thanos.we all like him.......... shifty

Zahit
tell your 13 year old brother to read more.
in time, perhaps several years....
he will learn.
or he'll get a life and stop debating comics...... What the f**k?

whirlysplat
Originally posted by colossus17
u dont have to be ashamed if u want some pics of thanos.we all like him.......... shifty

Its so true confused

Superherovandal
Originally posted by WOLVERINEFAN
ok, heres the problem. i have a 13 year old brother who worships superman and he thinks basically no one can beat him. so please enlighten him with proof and pictures of the true power of Thanos.

Before I came to this forum i used to have this same problem. Diagnosed as Supermantitis-the fanboyism of Superman. Cure-getting a life and forgetting comics or coming to KMC forums for a vaccine. An extra dose of seeing all of the other fanboys with Spidermantitis or Wolverinetitis or .....................................................................................................

WOLVERINEFAN
my brother says he is stronger and is a good guy, so he wins. prove him wrong guys

Cosmic Cube
Tell him Thanos killed half of the people in the universe just to get laid.

Zahit
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Tell him Thanos killed half of the people in the universe just to get laid.
he succeeds in killing half the life in the universe, but still couldn't get laid........
at least superman gets laid.

illadelph12
laughing

Thanos is an intergalactic Captain Save A Ho...

Cosmic Cube
Universal Captain Save-a-ho.

guy222

Thanoshmm

http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc959/th_36815_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0023_122_959lo.jpghttp://img120.imagevenue.com/loc984/th_36821_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0025_122_984lo.jpghttp://img170.imagevenue.com/loc625/th_36828_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0026_122_625lo.jpghttp://img106.imagevenue.com/loc993/th_36831_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0027_122_993lo.jpg

Endless Mike
Guy, what comic are those scans from?

guy222
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Guy, what comic are those scans from?

Morning Mike. Black Panther #30 smile

Saxondale
Welll T-vo for the win!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Thanoshmm

http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc959/th_36815_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0023_122_959lo.jpghttp://img120.imagevenue.com/loc984/th_36821_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0025_122_984lo.jpghttp://img170.imagevenue.com/loc625/th_36828_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0026_122_625lo.jpghttp://img106.imagevenue.com/loc993/th_36831_Black_Panther_30_DCP_0027_122_993lo.jpg guy is this mainstream thanos? or is it from some alternate zombie marvel world like i suspect?

is this from that marvel zombies story? what was it called?

guy222
Originally posted by quanchi112
guy is this mainstream thanos? or is it from some alternate zombie marvel world like i suspect?

Black Panther #30

I hope its the real Thanos

rico777
As much as I love Superman, and I do believe that he can take a few wins against Thanos.

Ultimately in the end Thanos should win the majority due to physical power and tech.

Symmetric Chaos
I'd like to see actual combat by Thanos just once.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

He's fought a herald or two. I believe he fought Thor once as well. Not WM thor either.

Avlon

He fought Morg... with a herald who actually fought back, he didn't fare all that great.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Avlon
He fought Morg... with a herald who actually fought back, he didn't fare all that great.

Morg had the WOL tho. Not too many people can fight Morg WOL in a str8 up fight.

batdude123
If these two were to meet in a comic, Superman would have a tough time, but he'd prevail in the end. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
If these two were to meet in a comic, Superman would have a tough time, but he'd prevail in the end. smile

Only becuz Superman has that Dynamic power that allows him to tap into more power. Where does it come from?

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Only becuz Superman has that Dynamic power that allows him to tap into more power. Where does it come from?

I don't think people comprehend the fact that in comics, when he needs to, he can beat anyone.

Estacado
Now where is quanchi?hmm

Symmetric Chaos

How very UniOmni of you.

Avlon
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl

And Thanos doesn't? big grin

Symmetric Chaos
And Thanos doesn't?

Well since Superman got trashed in a fight, thrown into the core of the Earth for a few decades and then cames out and beat the guy . . . at the very least Thanos isn't on the same level of ridiculousness.

batdude123
How very UniOmni of you.

How Superman is portrayed in comics nowadays>>>KMC Superman.

Well since Superman got trashed in a fight, thrown into the core of the Earth for a few decades and then cames out and beat the guy . . . at the very least Thanos isn't on the same level of ridiculousness.

dontgetit

Symmetric Chaos
dontgetit

Don't remember that?

Maybe it wasn't canon.

pr1983

i thought it said he had used the heat from the volcano as energy to eventually restore his body...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by pr1983
i thought it said he had used the heat from the volcano as energy to eventually restore his body...

And that wasn't ridiculous?

Avlon

You mean like how Thanos was defeated and killed by a ghost, and came back a few decades later to wreak havoc?

pr1983
And that wasn't ridiculous?

superman is a living energy collector... just because it took longer than usual doesnt make it any less feasible imo... erm

Symmetric Chaos
superman is a living energy collector... just because it took longer than usual doesnt make it any less feasible imo... erm

It seemed forced to me. As though they just added the ability so that he could win.

Airwalker
What would happen of someone rearranged Superman's molecules? I'm sure someone has already made an attempt to do so, but I can't remember.

pr1983
It seemed forced to me. As though they just added the ability so that he could win.

i don't think its adding to his abilities... he's never been in that kind of situation before for such as long time... to me it was a pretty good explanation given his abilities so far...

general question: does superman have a healing factor?

TheGame17

haha! what a deushebag! i used to be WOLVERINEFAN. i started this damn thread lol!

thanos wins though.

tjcoady
guy is this mainstream thanos? or is it from some alternate zombie marvel world like i suspect?

it's not. sorry.

spoiler: it's a shape shifting skrull trying to keep the zombies from eating him.

batdude123
When posting spoilers, please use spoiler tags.

Hercules
When posting spoilers, please use spoiler tags.

It wasn't much of a spoiler though as guy already posted the scans showing it. shrug

moonknight11
Thanos 10/10. I mean he THRASHED the silver surfer, and held his own against Tyrant and Odin. Superman isn't in his league.

quanchi112
superman could never defeat thanos. it would be utter pis. thanos doesnt have the same problems darkseid has with superman. thanos is a beast in combat while ds avoids it at all costs.

quanchi112
He fought Morg... with a herald who actually fought back, he didn't fare all that great. thanos was doing just fine against morg.

moonknight11
thanos was doing just fine against morg.

Yeah and don't forget how he schooled Silver Surfer

Avlon
thanos was doing just fine against morg.

Being on the floor, and asking for help because he was going to get chopped by a cosmic axe is doing well?

quanchi112
Being on the floor, and asking for help because he was going to get chopped by a cosmic axe is doing well? the fight was inconclusive and with how well thanos handled morg we know he could pound on morg. i mean come on.

ps
thanos crushes superman

Phenomenol
the fight was inconclusive and with how well thanos handled morg we know he could pound on morg. i mean come on.

ps
thanos crushes superman

Please Thanos was going to die by Morg if Ganymede did not help him. That is obvious.

Thanos has "human enhanced reflexes" I think Thanos is going to need some help from his shields. eek!

Shin_Nikkolas
Yeah...you have no idea who Thanos is, do you?

He could kill Clark physically.

Or do you all thinK Clark is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Surfer in durability? It took a few punches froM Thanos to beat Surfer near-death.

pr1983
Originally posted by Shin_Nikkolas

Or do you all thinK Clark is >>>>>>>>>>>>> Surfer in durability? It took a few punches froM Thanos to beat Surfer near-death.

clark is arguably as physically durable as surfer... erm

not saying he'd take thanos or anything tho, i don't know enough about thanos to hazard a guess...

Shin_Nikkolas
I agree with that. Clark and Norrin are pretty close in durability, IMO.

There's definitely not enough of a difference to make me think Thanos can't play around with Clark as much as he does with Surfer.

Newjak
clark is arguably as physically durable as surfer... erm

not saying he'd take thanos or anything tho, i don't know enough about thanos to hazard a guess... Thanos completely owns the Silver Surfer and has beaten on Thor before.

pr1983
I agree with that. Clark and Norrin are pretty close in durability, IMO.

There's definitely not enough of a difference to make me think Thanos can't play around with Clark as much as he does with Surfer.

Originally posted by Newjak
Thanos completely owns the Silver Surfer and has beaten on Thor before.

ah... i'd best read up on thanos so...

Space M ummy
Thanos wins 10/10 for the same reason a well written Surfer would take Superman.

Superman has some well publicized weaknesses that Thanos' abilities are almost tailor made to exploit.

This fight would last all of 30 seconds. Superman finds himself teleported directly into the heart of a red sun- Game over.

Thanos matter manipulates the ground into kryptonite- Game Over.

Thanos' only weakness we've seen so far is Drax. Not exactly something superman can make use of.

Thanos also has an apparently limitless source of power to amp his stats with (as per Odin) so he's as powerful as he needs to be, whenever he needs to be.

Thanos is also an Eternal, and inarguably the most powerful one. They have complete molecular control over their physical forms- so in theory he's as fast/durable/etc as he needs to be. For example there was an old issue of Avengers where the Eternals simply altered their physical forms to make them outright immune to Blastaar's energy projection powers.

Superman has no shot against a well written Thanos.

Avlon
the fight was inconclusive and with how well thanos handled morg we know he could pound on morg. i mean come on.

ps
thanos crushes superman

LOL @ that copout...

Had Ganymede not been there...Thanos would have been a head shorter.

And Superman can beat Thanos. He'd just be another notch on the man of steel's yellow belt.

Airwalker
I respect Superman, but I fail to see how he'd defeat Thanos in a comic or forum battle.

Phenomenol

I have read Thanos comics do you know who he is? Did you address him struggling against Morg?

Do you know who the hell the Surfer is? Knocking the Surfer out isn't a feat because PLENTY of characters have that feat on their resume!

I really don't know who could win between the two.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Phenomenol
I have read Thanos comics do you know who he is? Did you address him struggling against Morg?

Do you know who the hell the Surfer is? Knocking the Surfer out isn't a feat because PLENTY of characters have that feat on their resume!

I really don't know who could win between the two.
Who are these "plenty of characters" that you speak of?

Airwalker
Originally posted by darthgoober

Thor, Thanos, Galactus, Odin, Aegis, Tyrant, after those I can't recall.

Notice the characters on the list.

batdude123
Originally posted by Airwalker
Thor, Thanos, Galactus, Odin, Aegis, Tyrant, after those I can't recall.

Notice the characters on the list.

Karnak with a brick.

Airwalker
Karnak with a brick.

Well yeah that. I tend to forget about completely ridiculous moments in comic that completely contradict a characters history. I'm sure if it happened a couple more times I would have given it some recognition,

Avlon
Karnak with a brick.

A missile named "sonic shark."

"Pac-man"

Nick Fury with gas pellets.

Iron Man

Loki

Morg (before any kind of power up)

Black Panther

Airwalker
Whats up with all the low showings? I mean every character has there highs and lows. Wasn't Superman ko'd by a monkey, or snake?

batdude123
Whats up with all the low showings? I mean every character has there highs and lows. Wasn't Superman ko'd by a monkey, or snake?

No. But Hulk sure had a hell of a time with a snake before.

darthgoober
"Pac-man"
Huh?

Phenomenol

LOL, the silver surfer? He''s been knocked out by a brick sent at him by KARNAK the inhuman. He' been knocked out by the Thing,Thanos,millenius,Odin, the runner, Thor and loads more. He gets knocked out all the damn time.

guy222
LOL, the silver surfer? He''s been knocked out by a brick sent at him by KARNAK the inhuman. He' been knocked out by the Thing,Thanos,millenius,Odin, the runner, Thor and loads more. He gets knocked out all the damn time.

He couldn't break an armbar by T'Challa

Thanos beats Supes

Airwalker

Loki

Morg (before any kind of power up)

These are supposed to be low showings or just instances where he was ko'd?

darthgoober
Karnak is a walking plot device, so he doesn't really help your case much. Odin is a skyfather so again, it doesn't help your case. The Runner is an Elder of the Universe(and a bad mofo) so again it doesn't help your case much. Thor has a magic hammer that's hurt the Celestials before so again, he doesn't help your case much.

And when the Hell has Thing ever KO'd Surfer?

Avlon
These are supposed to be low showings or just instances where he was ko'd?

Just KO instances... wouldn't call those low.

Avlon
Huh?

One of Surfers....stranger moments...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5551/silversurfer198902412bd1.th.jpg

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3669/silversurfer198902413zh2.th.jpg

Shin_Nikkolas
Way I heard the Morg/Thanos thing from a guy who just looked at the comic, Thanos was trying to talk with Morg and a mind-controlled Morg attacked him.

Phenomenol
Karnak is a walking plot device, so he doesn't really help your case much. Odin is a skyfather so again, it doesn't help your case. The Runner is an Elder of the Universe(and a bad mofo) so again it doesn't help your case much. Thor has a magic hammer that's hurt the Celestials before so again, he doesn't help your case much.

And when the Hell has Thing ever KO'd Surfer?

Wrong These were ALL casual KO's!!!!! Surfer getting KO'd ALWAYS helps my case. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It shows Surfer sucks against competition.thumb up

Hell he is at the moment DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the scans Avlon.

batdude123
Karnak is a walking plot device, so he doesn't really help your case much.

So a brick>Surfer's noggin?

Shin_Nikkolas
Yep. And Thing was too much for Surfer physically....

Times change. Nowadays, punches from Hulk don't even phase Norrin.

batdude123
Yep. And Thing was too much for Surfer physically....

Times change. Nowadays, punches from Hulk don't even phase Norrin.

That was rhetorical.

darthgoober
Wrong These were ALL casual KO's!!!!! Surfer getting KO'd ALWAYS helps my case. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It shows Surfer sucks against competition.thumb up

Hell he is at the moment DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the scans Avlon.
Getting KO'd by people who are beyond herald level means absolutely shit. That's like saying that Captain America is a punk because he can be ko'd by the freaking hulk. How many people on Supes or Surfer's level have KO'd him?

And you never answered as to when Thing KO'd him.

So a brick>Surfer's noggin?
No, but plot>Surfer's noggin. Also I'm pretty sure that the brick(along with most of the other low showings) happened when Surfer was depowered and stuck on Earth.

Kutulu
Thanos wins hands down, 10/10 every single time. It's not even close.

Shin_Nikkolas
Maybe it was this time?

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4750/strength3mx3.jpg

Oh wait...

batdude123
Maybe it was this time?

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4750/strength3mx3.jpg

Oh wait...

And where is Surfer supposed to be?

Shin_Nikkolas
Who's talking about Surfer?

Me, goober and Phen were talking about Thing.

Shin_Nikkolas
Oh wait.

Are we talking about Thing KO'ing Surfer?

My bad.

batdude123
Oh wait.

Are we talking about Thing KO'ing Surfer?

My bad.

I thought so...

Shin_Nikkolas
Well, the topic IS about Thanos...and Phen was babbling about how Thanos sucked a page or so ago. I assumed wrongly.

Still, I contributed to the thread. A feat for Thanos.

Hooray for me.

Sarutobi700
Thanos wins with relative ease.

Avlon
In the MU, Thanos is the man.

In DC however, he'd be an above average villain, added to Superman's victories after a fairly tough fight.

Airwalker
In the MU, Thanos is the man.

In DC however, he'd be an above average villain, added to Superman's victories after a fairly tough fight.

So what would Superman be in the MU? confused

Sci-fi Nutjob
Originally posted by TheGame17
haha! what a deushebag! i used to be WOLVERINEFAN. i started this damn thread lol!

thanos wins though. but WOLVERINEFAN is not account restricted. you just admitted to socking lmao

Shin_Nikkolas
The guy who flies through space and has to put that pesky Galactus back in line every time he threatens a populated world.

Avlon

Marvel's wet dream come true.

They've tried to make their own version a couple of times. smile

batdude123
Marvel's wet dream come true.

They've tried to make their own version a couple of times. smile

Indeed. And I find it a little bit sad that Stan Lee's favorite comic book character is in fact Superman.

Sarutobi700
Originally posted by Dreamcatcher

Supes would be the average galaxy travelling hero. Kinda like Quasar but much weaker. He would probably be jobbed by the likes of Spiderman and The Thing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Supes would be the average galaxy travelling hero. Kinda like Quasar but much weaker. He would probably be jobbed by the likes of Spiderman and The Thing superman would b like a thor being. he wouldnt be anything special like in dc but one of the boys. in dc he dominates but in marvel he just wants to fit in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.