Advent rising.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
So who's played it and who enjoyed it? I just finished the game. It took me about three days. After completing the game i am somewhat satisfied, but for the most part dissapointed. The story is shallow and uninspired. The story is the weakest point of this game. Why are hero's always structured around the same teenager in angst formula?

Aside from the story, the gameplay was fun enough to keep my interest. I must point out that advent does NOTHING innovative in the way of gameplay. Their approach on the targeting has been done before, and better.

You start the game as a pilot for Earth. Earth gets some kind of distress call. Earthlings go meet people who gave distress call. Turns out bad aliens were following the aliens who sent earth the distress call, because they want to blow earth up. Earth does blow up, and the pilot you started as, is left as one of the last remaining humans. The good aliens teach you psychic powers. Your psychic abilities is the gimmick of the game. Being able to upgrade frequently and having sub abilities to each primary ability and weapon is cool. However, there still isnt that many abilities. i believe there were four, or 5. two of which are pretty pointless. the camera can be a pain, but if you like action you should be able to find somthing here, but try psi ops first. Psi ops did everything advent rising attempted, but did right. 5.5/10

SaTsuJiN
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297682&highlight=advent+rising

keke.. made this thread last year O,O

hmm.. I really wanted to try advent.. but everyone been throwin shit on it about being glitchy, and for having a half-hearted story.. so I'm sorta glad I missed out.. maybe I'll give it a rental... (I really should rent more.. been buying too much crap -_-)

hotsauce6548
I heard it was bad.

Glitchy, uninspired...the whole caboozle... (hehehe, cabooozle... hehe)

ragesRemorse
yeah, you may aswell play second sight or psi ops

hotsauce6548
I hated Second Sight. Psi-Ops was a whole lot better!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.