What can you cook???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
What are your culinary skills in the kitchen???

I can just about make toast embarrasment

Oh and I'm a whizz with the microwave stick out tongue Happy Dance

ApolloX
PB&J and macceroni and cheese.

Darth Mantis
Cereal... You put it in a bowl and pour milk on it... You let it sit for about 5 seconds then eat it.... Oh don't forget your eating utensil, I think it's called a spoon..

Süb-Zërö
saimin, ramen, spaghetti, steak, ribs, etc.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
Cereal... You put it in a bowl and pour milk on it... You let it sit for about 5 seconds then eat it.... Oh don't forget your eating utensil, I think it's called a spoon..

Oh you mean that metal dealy you use to......dig food???

Süb-Zërö
Originally posted by Darth Mantis

lol

silver_tears
I can cook anything and everything, just give me a cookbook, I also love to bake do all kinds of things like that embarrasment

sultan kudarat
my specialty is boiling hot water. can't top that.

cindy8219
Originally posted by silver_tears
I can cook anything and everything, just give me a cookbook, I also love to bake do all kinds of things like that embarrasment

So do I.

silver_tears
I find it so relaxing big grin

Lana
I can make basic things (ramen, pasta, grilled cheese, etc)....and I can bake cookies. That's about the limit of my cooking ability.

IceWithin
I actually can cook... I can make... pasta... and rice laughing out loud and empanadas which is a south american dish... kinda. and um.. well salad... and I can make chicken with curry... and other stuff
hats off to the chef cool

cindy8219
Originally posted by silver_tears
I find it so relaxing big grin

I do too. I jsut don't like having to clean up all the mess I did. I still have though. I"m kind of a clean freak.

Your Angel
I can't cook anything cry

Phoenix Aska
I can cook lots of stuff...I just don't like to uless i'm starving for a good meal

silver_tears
Originally posted by cindy8219
I do too. I jsut don't like having to clean up all the mess I did. I still have though. I"m kind of a clean freak.

Me too eek!

Your Angel
Why cook when god invented take-out?

GCG
*hates the kitchen*

But its more what cant i cook. and thats Baked Alaska. I attempted it twice and made a mess of it

shadow12
i can cook just about anything

Piggle Humsy
I'm a great cook. I've been cooking my own dinner since I can remember...

I experiment all the time and come up with new dishes, I also change old recipes to my own tastes.
I'm always making cookies, cakes ect and rarely use a cookbook or scales.
The only times I use cookbooks it to get ideas then I switch it about and make my own versions.
I love cooking coz it seems to come naturally to me, although I don't know who I get it from...

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I'm a great cook. I've been cooking my own dinner since I can remember...

I experiment all the time and come up with new dishes, I also change old recipes to my own tastes.
I'm always making cookies, cakes ect and rarely use a cookbook or scales.
The only times I use cookbooks it to get ideas then I switch it about and make my own versions.
I love cooking coz it seems to come naturally to me, although I don't know who I get it from...

Piggle can you make calamari?? wink

shadow12
i'm the same

if its in a cook book i can make it

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Piggle can you make calamari?? wink

Probably if I tried.. but eww! sick

Ken Kenobi
I cook a lot.

I make a lot of BBQ, Italian, and Mexican foods. I am looking into how to make some of my favorite Asian dishes.

Also I am the king of the microwave and the toaster.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
Probably if I tried.. but eww! sick

Mmmmm calamari

dark1365
Steak.

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by dark1365
Steak.

mmm steak perv

-Funky Punk-
i suck at cooking..

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by -Funky Punk-
i suck at cooking..

Find a man who can cook. yes

-Funky Punk-
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Find a man who can cook. yes

i will have to do that!

shadow12
i Love cooking my specialty is chicken wings

The Tired Hiker
I like to cook all kinds of rice and mix with thin slices of beef fried on a lightly oiled pan. I steam my veggies and I make a mean breakfast sandwich! big grin

I agree, if you can read a cookbook, you can cook anything. It's like building a model airplane, just follow the directions and your money. wink

a1hsauce
I can cook lasagna, pizza, soups of course, the traditional chicken beans and rice of ma peepo...and cake and some other pastries...my dads a baker so picked up some stuff as i got older...and im movin out this fall so my moms workin hard tryin to teach me how to survive by cooking lol...

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by a1hsauce
I can cook lasagna, pizza, soups of course, the traditional chicken beans and rice of ma peepo...and cake and some other pastries...my dads a baker so picked up some stuff as i got older...and im movin out this fall so my moms workin hard tryin to teach me how to survive by cooking lol...

TV dinners are a bachelors friend.

RedAlertv2
no doubt. as for me, my culinary skills dont go much past making Top Ramen. And making gross concoctions to get my friends to try and drink without puking sick

knight
Tandoori Chicken with fried onion and mushrooms
raw sliced capsicum and carrot with hot chip on the side.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

a1hsauce
TV dinners are a bachelors friend. Originally posted by RedAlertv2
no doubt. as for me, my culinary skills dont go much past making Top Ramen. And making gross concoctions to get my friends to try and drink without puking sick
no guys please dont scare me like that....

The Tired Hiker
I made my own dough and sauce because I decided I wanted to make homemade pizza once. It sucked. erm I made up my own recipe for the crust and it rose three inches and felt like biting a rock. no expression

Ken Kenobi
no guys please dont scare me like that....

evil face

My favorite dish to cook is a Mexican casserole, it's really yummy.

The Tired Hiker
evil face

Yum, my fave is chicken taco casserole! eek!

a1hsauce
laughing out loud HikeMaster youre funny laughing lol my dad actually doesnt make his pizza in the circular pizza tray but uses the rectangular ones about 25 inches on the sides

...ummm im not quite sure what u did wrong there hiker...did u use too much yeast?

The Tired Hiker
I can fry an egg on my chest. no expression

a1hsauce
evil face

nah man seriously... if you and hiker are havin trouble..im startin worry about myself man...im only 19

The Tired Hiker
laughing out loud HikeMaster youre funny laughing lol my dad actually doesnt make his pizza in the circular pizza tray but uses the rectangular ones about 25 inches on the sides

...ummm im not quite sure what u did wrong there hiker...did u use too much yeast?

Well, I used Bisquick. erm I added more flour to it and it got all crazy. I think using milk instead of water also might have caused it. erm

a1hsauce
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
Well, I used Bisquick. erm I added more flour to it and it got all crazy. I think using milk instead of water also might have caused it. erm
laughing omg my side hurts....lol youre on the right track but lol i can totally imagine you lookin around the kitchen like OHHH MY FRICKIN GAHD...WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!!

The Tired Hiker
nah man seriously... if you and hiker are havin trouble..im startin worry about myself man...im only 19

Dude, I only sucked at making that once pizza. Cooking is easy, just make sure you get good cookware and utensils. Cheap pots and pans suck sooooo bad, I can't even begin to tell you. Just get quality cookware, follow directions and remember to turn the stove off and you'll be fine! wink

The Tired Hiker
A nice set of knives is important as well! Plus, good cutlery turn chicks on. wink

a1hsauce
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
Dude, I only sucked at making that once pizza. Cooking is easy, just make sure you get good cookware and utensils. Cheap pots and pans suck sooooo bad, I can't even begin to tell you. Just get quality cookware, follow directions and remember to turn the stove off and you'll be fine! wink
and remember McDonalds is open 24/7?

The Tired Hiker
and remember McDonalds is open 24/7?

Exactly! sick No, but seriously, just think of Mc Donalds as backup. If you don't have time to cook and you have to be somewhere in a jiffy, just go to Mickie D's drive-thru. wink

a1hsauce
thanks HitchHiker...ill heed your words big grin

Lord_Andres
Heh I just made me some spaghetti thats probobly my specialty, no one makes it better then me big grin and with some nice mixed salat and some meatballs it's one of the best things I know, also i can make alot of other food like lots of differnt fish and well ya basicly every thing thats considered our national food, sheep, fish, a bit of whale and sea birds smile sheephead is one of my fav too, ya I know most of you probobly think its discusting but once you've tried it you'l forget all about the not all to nice 'look' of the food, infact I gotta a statement to make, the muscels on the sheep head is the best meat EVER! they taste 10x better then anything! whale meat is also SUPERB some of you that come from Iceland or maybe norway most likely have tried whalemeat, and it's something that you should only eat a few times each year, thats what makes it special, mmmmmmmm whale, potatos, and some very strong mustard is my kinda food!

The Tired Hiker
laughing omg my side hurts....lol youre on the right track but lol i can totally imagine you lookin around the kitchen like OHHH MY FRICKIN GAHD...WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!! big grin
I was also looking around the kitchen going . . . damn, where's the salt??? What else can I use besides salt??? Ahhh! Suger!!! eek!

No, just kidding. That part didn't happen. erm

The Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
Heh I just made me some spaghetti thats probobly my specialty, no one makes it better then me big grin and with some nice mixed salat and some meatballs it's one of the best things I know, also i can make alot of other food like lots of differnt fish and well ya basicly every thing thats considered our national food, sheep, fish, a bit of whale and sea birds smile sheephead is one of my fav too, ya I know most of you probobly think its discusting but once you've tried it you'l forget all about the not all to nice 'look' of the food, infact I gotta a statement to make, the muscels on the sheep head is the best meat EVER! they taste 10x better then anything! whale meat is also SUPERB some of you that come from Iceland or maybe norway most likely have tried whalemeat, and it's something that you should only eat a few times each year, thats what makes it special, mmmmmmmm whale, potatos, and some very strong mustard is my kinda food!

Why only a few time each year?

The Tired Hiker
I'm lazy tonight, so i'm just going to nuke some Trader Joe's chicken burritos. wink

The Tired Hiker
Sorry I posted so many times in a row. smile

The Tired Hiker
FIVE! eek!

a1hsauce
easy on the hot sauce...you dont want wats happening to the guy in ur sig to happen to u

The Tired Hiker
Too late.blowup

Lord_Andres
''Why only a few time each year?''

Well its the same with dock for me i only eat that for Xmans dinner, I dont know it makes me appriciated it more when i eat it, if I would eat it every month I would think like this ''mmm dock huh? well ok sure it tastes fine'' but only like 3 times a year I go nuts just of the smell I enjoy it more cause i know that it'l be some time before I will it again, i hope you understand

The Tired Hiker
''Why only a few time each year?''

Well its the same with dock for me i only eat that for Xmans dinner, I dont know it makes me appriciated it more when i eat it, if I would eat it every month I would think like this ''mmm dock huh? well ok sure it tastes fine'' but only like 3 times a year I go nuts just of the smell I enjoy it more cause i know that it'l be some time before I will it again, i hope you understand

Oh, I totally understand! That's how I am with fried eggplant for some reason. I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of chemical or oil in whale that wasn't healthy to intake frequently. smile

Lord_Andres
Ah well there is infact some stuff that aint to good for pregnant women in the whale meat, nuthing thats leathal or anything but i think it can cause the child some little damage to the brain, but besides from that you can eat mostly as much as you will, nut this was not always so, it has been caused of the waste thats being dumped into the sea, some centurys ago the average people around here werrent to rich and didint have all the goods other nations had, it was because those generations had forgotten the way of fishing that the vikings had been learining their children, so when not so many boats where around and lots of gready landlords the average person had to look elsewhere, and when a flok of whales came in the fjords, the people went in the boats they could get and chased the whales to the shore, and they ate the meat like you guys over there eat cheeseburgers! so back then it was perfectly ok for all to eat the meat, and also these days (correct me of i'm worng) whale hunting is not allowed as it was some 50+ years ago, we along with the Norwaigans and icelantic people chased whale too much and therefor many of the whale boats where put on dry land, but some years ago I think the norweigans began hunting whale again due to some research that showed an increasing numbers of the whales, but aroundhere we only hunt the whales that come in the fjords we dont go out of land sight to hunt them, and its mostly just pilotwhales we eat.

Clovie

Oh and I'm a whizz with the microwave stick out tongue Happy Dance i can cook food.

not something very very compicated... but normal meales. happy

The Tired Hiker
Ah well there is infact some stuff that aint to good for pregnant women in the whale meat, nuthing thats leathal or anything but i think it can cause the child some little damage to the brain, but besides from that you can eat mostly as much as you will, nut this was not always so, it has been caused of the waste thats being dumped into the sea, some centurys ago the average people around here werrent to rich and didint have all the goods other nations had, it was because those generations had forgotten the way of fishing that the vikings had been learining their children, so when not so many boats where around and lots of gready landlords the average person had to look elsewhere, and when a flok of whales came in the fjords, the people went in the boats they could get and chased the whales to the shore, and they ate the meat like you guys over there eat cheeseburgers! so back then it was perfectly ok for all to eat the meat, and also these days (correct me of i'm worng) whale hunting is not allowed as it was some 50+ years ago, we along with the Norwaigans and icelantic people chased whale too much and therefor many of the whale boats where put on dry land, but some years ago I think the norweigans began hunting whale again due to some research that showed an increasing numbers of the whales, but aroundhere we only hunt the whales that come in the fjords we dont go out of land sight to hunt them, and its mostly just pilotwhales we eat.

Wow! I was in the fjords of Alaska! The most intense awesome thing! I saw three groups of whales feed at one point. It was the most intense experience of my life.

s|m
I can fry an egg, make a sandwich... and that's about it erm

Storm
Too much to mention.

Mr Parker
Yeah Im a whiz at the microwave as well. big grin

Morbid4Daniel

The question isnt "WHAT" can you cook? Its "WHO" can you cook? *Evil grin* evil teehee

Jackie Malfoy
I could cook Grilled cheese and that is about it.JM

Morbid4Daniel
Hmmm..Grilled Cheese, Eggies, Onions(One of my specials droolio ), I can cook stuff in the oven...*Cough* I meant people.

shaber
I was pretty proud of my omelette, I know not to use rotten eggs! eek! I can also use a microwave which is more than my brother can do... higher culinary skills than using the oven count as culinary art embarrasment

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I could cook Grilled cheese and that is about it.JM

and we know you love that grilled cheese. big grin

Morbid4Daniel
Lmao shaber..The microwave is one of the most kickass inventions ever. Mwahahah

§pearhead
Lot's of different kinds of tomato sauces blink

And I'm not talking about the jarred kind no expression

Sethcx
Cooking is great fun..
Find everything in the kitchen, throw it all in a wok, add spices and misc herbs (Cough), mix, cook and munch..

Its action cooking!
Throw it all in and see what happens!

Doc Ock
Usually nothing happens for me.

There has to be method to the madness.

WickedTexasMomA
Just about anything really, my mother made me take culinary class with her and I learned alot.But my main thing is southern food.

i rule
any kind of eggs, tacos...thats it.

WickedTexasMomA
MMM Have you ever made breakfast tacos? Eggs sausage cheese wrapped in a soft taco shell...*drools*

i rule
ya a few times...

chelsea17
I can cook fire very well yes

Actually, I can cook the Easy 1-2-3 meals

Beckspistol
i can cook everything which is quickfrozen....
mostly.

Storm
I just made vanilla Bavarian cream with fruit coulis happy

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

dark1365
Come to think of it, I cook anything as long as I got the ingredients and relatively know what to do.

Maya Zurak
Originally posted by Beckspistol
i can cook everything which is quickfrozen....
mostly. laughing classic ... me too cool

Pandemoniac

If I get the necessary 'prep-time' I can cook ANYTHING. I love cooking; Chinese, Italian, Greek, barbecue, anything goes

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Storm
I just made vanilla Bavarian cream with fruit coulis happy

So was that good stuff Storm? big grin

Storm
Without any doubt stick out tongue wink

Mr Parker
Cool. big grin

Next Venom_girl
Pizza, TV dinners, soup, toast, poptarts and such. Oh, and cereal. stick out tongue

impchimp
I can make brownies and other stuff that comes in a box.i can also use a toaster oven.

baddspellahl4
eye caen kook up de cokain wif bakin soda, sinamon, and krak

Morning_Glory
i can make grilled cheese sandwiches - and eggs.. and cereal! yum!

Heather 29
I am experimenting, but I am still learning how to cook better things.
I cook cresant dogs, Casaroles, Fried Noodles. My Husband taught me how to make casaroles. I am still learning new this to cook almost everyday.

Storm
Just baked some apple cupcakes.

Pandemoniac
Gonna have salmon with mushrooms in a little olive-oil and garlic, broccoli with cheese topping and rice today

Storm
I just prepared a delicious chocolate pie.

fini
hmm, once i know how to prepare something, I can Cook it.

T.M
Anything as long as I have the recipe.

Spideys Sister
I can cook pop tarts. big grin

Britrogue
pasta. lots and lots of pasta!

DarkC
Thanksgiving turkey, no joke.

helloimyellow
does any one no a nice, quickish simple recipie for vegetarian spring rolls?

helloimyellow
(woth out to many ingredients)

fini
ummm, slice up carrots, cabbage, christophene, sweet peppers really thin, put some salt, pepper, garlic, sesame oil, give it a quick stir fry and wrap it in vegeatarian spring roll skin and Fry it

helloimyellow
o that simple smile wats christphene

fini
oh, uhh, hmm i wonder if there is another word for it, hmmm
hang on.

fini
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/chayotes.htm

thats it.

If u cant find that, then leave it out.

helloimyellow
o ok. thnkx

ILoveMyDaniel
I couldn't cook if you asked me to. I need to learn some cooking skills.

One time I tried to make grilled cheese and...cry...horrible experience. The house smelled of burnt carcass the rest of the day.

The one thing I CAN cook using the stove, is an onion. I chop up an onion and use my own special recipe of different ingredients. Then I eat it. Mmm Mmm!

Other than that, screw using the oven, unless you want me to burn down the house. I use the damn microwave.

Bloigen
You name it, I can cook it.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Bloigen
You name it, I can cook it.
Cook me some steak, NOW! angel

Bloigen
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Cook me some steak, NOW! angel

Coming right up.

*gives a piece of wood*

soleran30
I couldn't cook if you asked me to. I need to learn some cooking skills.

One time I tried to make grilled cheese and...cry...horrible experience. The house smelled of burnt carcass the rest of the day.

The one thing I CAN cook using the stove, is an onion. I chop up an onion and use my own special recipe of different ingredients. Then I eat it. Mmm Mmm!

Other than that, screw using the oven, unless you want me to burn down the house. I use the damn microwave.

Whats your special recipe there for the onion?

ILoveMyDaniel
Coming right up.

*gives a piece of wood*
*Chomp* Damn it, this isn't steak! It'll do though. stick out tongue
Originally posted by soleran30
Whats your special recipe there for the onion?
Well, I start off using some cooking oil in the bottom of the pan and then I chop the onion up into slices, add them, let them cook until they start to brown (and stir them), and then I add worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, barbecue sauce (KC Masterpiece, to be exact.), and sometimes a salt seasoning called Laury's Seasoning Salt.
It's not really "special" but it's what I do. It's a bit salty, and if you eat it too fast you're in for a bit of a tummy ache but God damn it's worth it.

soleran30
lol that would be good in a flour tortilla with a little bit of vermont cheddar on topsmile

BlackSunshine
I can cook pretty much anything. I love to cook and everybody here likes it that I do so they dont have to big grin

Vinny Valentine
Humans.

Spartan005
Alrighty than....

Bloigen
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Humans.

I usually fava beans and a nice chianti, to dress it, what about you?

ILoveMyDaniel
I usually fava beans and a nice chianti, to dress it, what about you?
Been watching a bit too much Anthony Hopkins, or Dumb and Dumber, ay?

Bloigen
Been watching a bit too much Anthony Hopkins, or Dumb and Dumber, ay?

vampire

ILoveMyDaniel
vampire
big grin

Bloigen
big grin

glare

ILoveMyDaniel
lol

Storm
Made tiramisu.

Impediment
Tiramasu?? Whazzat? stick out tongue

Storm
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert typically made from lady fingers, espresso coffee, mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar and cocoa powder.

Impediment
droolio

Soleran
What can I cook?

Seriously just about anything if I have the ingredients and the internet for recipessmile

Storm
Made brownies.

LanceWindu
I made some nachos last night. They kicked ass.

Impediment
The most extravagant meal I know how to cook is shrimp gumbo. My dad taught me the recipe................HIS recipe, actually, and its to DIE for.

Pandemoniac
The weather is improving so I've been doing my fav kind of cooking lately: barbecue! And not the lame kind but the extravagant style; grill steamed vegetables, tuna-steaks, beef, gamba's and such

DarkC
Thanksgiving turkey, mashed potatoes, cookies, pancakes.

Anything else, I'll need the recipe in front of my nose.

LanceWindu
I just made fettucini alfredo.

DarkC
Originally posted by LanceWindu
I just made fettucini alfredo.
Does it burn?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by DarkC
Does it burn?

No, why would it burn? confused

Jonathan Mark
I'm Italian... there is nothing I can't cook raver

AOR
Give me a cook book and materials, and I can cook your mom stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
I'm Italian... there is nothing I can't cook raver

Ok then, cook me General Tso's chicken...and it has to taste authentic.

Jonathan Mark
Ok then, cook me General Tso's chicken...and it has to taste authentic.
*cooks General Tso's chicken with authentic taste*

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
*cooks General Tso's chicken with authentic taste*

*tastes it*

Tastes like shit.

AOR
*tastes it*

Tastes like shit.

Did he use real General Tso?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by AOR
Did he use real General Tso?

I hope not, General Tso's been dead for quite a long time. shock

AOR
I hope not, General Tso's been dead for quite a long time. shock

Than it really can't be authentic now can it?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by AOR
Than it really can't be authentic now can it?

Authentic as in...how it's been made for centuries. no expression

Renamon
i can cook pot roast, steak, ribs, ham, fish, grilled cheese, pork chops, sauces, chillie, beans... almost anything you could ask big grin

Pandemoniac
Mc Donalds has hired the FBI to steal my hamburger recipe.

It is that good

AOR
Authentic as in...how it's been made for centuries. no expression

Right, and why do you think it's called General Tso? You know they didn't like the guy...

LanceWindu
Originally posted by AOR
Right, and why do you think it's called General Tso? You know they didn't like the guy...

The dish was named after he was already dead, and he had nothing to do with it's creation. no expression

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>