Still Life - possible sleeper hit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I purchased a game on the weekend called Still Life, on the Xbox, which from what I have played so far it could be a sleeper hit. It had slipped in under the radar and it was only out of sheer curiousity and the fact I had heard nothing about it that I picked up the box. What it comes across is the adventure game lovechild of Se7en and Jack the Ripper.

From the get go you are thrust into the jaded shoes of Agent McPherson, a FBI detective investigating another gruesome crime scene. Much like the CSI game but far more entertaining you begin to scour the crime scene for evidence, using Luminol, swabs and all those other CSIesque tools. This is intercut with scenes of a weird masked and top-hatted man committing horrible deeds, all it gritty, film grain style. After dropping into your dad's place for Christmas you soon find that your grandfather was a private detective who investigated a similar spate of crimes. Dun dun dunnnnn! Can you solve this generational crime spree?

The game is in essence a point and click 3rd person adventure game, with a variety of puzzles chucked in for good measure. You have your fixed camera like in the early AITD & RE games however dynamic shadows really bring the scenery to life. The whole game is very dark and washed out in that Se7en style with a lot of dilapidated buildings and grisly crime scenes. The dialog is well acted and the story interesting enough to have you wondering about it long after you have put the controller down.

I have barely scratched the surface of this game, but it has the makings of a solid and highly enjoyable diversion from the usual FPS and hack'n'slash games. It's well worth checking out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.