Was Lord Of The Rings really all that great???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Tired Hiker
I admit, I enjoyed watching every single movie that came out, I enjoyed the books as well, but I seriously rarely find the need to relive the whole experience. erm

Fëanor
thank you....letting me come to realize that i've no life

but to answer your question....yes it was, is and shall be imo

the books by themselves will stand the test of time as far as contemporary genres goes...since tolkien was such an excellent artist with words that spring to life like a van gogh painting....as for the films, that remains to be seen as it is not yet even 10 years old and most classics are labelled thus after 10 or 20 years or so the thinking goes

and yet, if i were 90 and wheelchair bound, i would take my cane as if it were a sword and my wheelchair as if it were Brego and: RIDE! RIDE FORTH EORLINGAS!!!

DanielLB
Im not even going to bother answer your question....what do you think...lolbig grin

xXLauriëXx
yes roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exabyte
What a creative, new, groundbreaking thread idea clap

Now I know what always makes KMC so fascinating to visit... this constructivity... this witting charm... this thoughtfulness...

@Fëanor - thumb up

Fëanor
Originally posted by Exabyte
What a creative, new, groundbreaking thread idea clap

Now I know what always makes KMC so fascinating to visit... this constructivity... this witting charm... this thoughtfulness...

@Fëanor - thumb up confused for the first time exa i don't know whether you're being serious or pulling my leg....heh go figure

Exabyte
laughing sorry lol... I loved the last paragraph in your post big grin

So, yea, was supposed to be serious o.o

Fëanor
nosweat

*whew* ....

ZoSo
laughing out loud

Smodden
laughing out loud Your kidding right? laughing Oh your not...confused

The Lord of the Rings movies, will always have a special place somewhere in my heart, and brain, next to the list of latin verbs and useful sayings that take up most of my brain's left hemisphere...They will always remain great in my opinion, and I truly believe them to be timeless. Now that the hype is gone, and pop-culture has shifted it's interest to other matters -such as Linsey Lohan, and the Dark Side- one would be tempted to forget about LOTR and wonder: "Was the Lord of the Rings really that great after all?" I mean, they weren't SOOOO great that I would go to the movies and see each one of them each year for 3 years...or buy the DVDs, or the extended edition DVDs, or even post in a LOTR forum...
no I don't think they're so great that I would do those things...
But wait...I DID do those things!...and I think you did too...

Thorondor
Exa....sarcasm.....together....what has the world come to?

Nazgul lord
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
I admit, I enjoyed watching every single movie that came out, I enjoyed the books as well, but I seriously rarely find the need to relive the whole experience. erm

you know i'm pretty sur they said the same thing about sliced bread!

Smodden
laughing out loud

shadowy_blue
I don't know whether to post or not. no expression

..wait, I just did. confused

Thorondor
I feel the word to use is...random.

Nazgul lord
if i could turn back time *ba bada* if i could fly away *babada* i would take back the words that i posted and you'd say......if i could reach the sky!

Exabyte
Originally posted by Thorondor
Exa....sarcasm.....together....what has the world come to?
Does noone ever take my post serious anymore schmoll schmoll

Random eek! yey no expression

JohnnyBloom
agree with the randomness - and i loved that last paragraph of your first reply too fea! big grin

manny321
the movies were more popular outside of the US compared to other huge films. It was a great obession and rivaled the alltime boxoffice crown with Titanic here in Canada.

Fëanor
RIDE! RIDE! RIDE TO RUIN!!! wheelchair

JohnnyBloom
laughing out loud LOL!!!
fea you make me laugh way too much!!! i swear it's bad for my health!

Smodden
Let it out! LEt IT ALL OUT!!!!laughinglaughinglaughing

JohnnyBloom
exactly - it's good to laugh!!! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.