Markka Ragnos vs Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Rankkor
Who would win?

Darth Abominus
lol, marka ragnos no question, no contest

LordSorgo
Palpatine would sumbit himself to Marka as an Apprentice, But Marka would kill him anyways.

WHAPAM!

Fishy
Ragnos could probably use somebody to lick his boots clean... Ragnos would take this easily

Darth Mantis
lol... Marka Ragnos...

Kun-ni Habeo
marka no sweat

Darth_Rankkor
Don't you think there should be a pre pre prequel from about the time Ragnos reigned? It would be sweet

Lord_Windu
Ragnos would anal rape Palpatine, no contest at all.

DarthCrazo
I think there should be at least one more prequel and one more sequel

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by Lord_Windu
Ragnos would anal rape Palpatine, no contest at all.

laughing

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
laughing

I like people who laugh at facts.

Bobafetty
lol. Yes, Ragnos wins.

Darth_Frobo
Ragnos with a broken hand no eyes while being attacked by a savage pack of possesed garden gnomes, I know I should post reasons but the reasons for ragnos have been posted so many times across these boards if i post them again I'll go insane and start sniping people from my rooftop with a paintball gun.

Bobafetty
lol. Once again Frobo makes a funny dry-humored post.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Bobafetty
lol. Once again Frobo makes a funny dry-humored post.

rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

The Merchant
Palpatine.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by The Merchant
Palpatine.

The other gentlemen in this thread were correct the first time. No need to bring such falsehoods into it.

Sinious
People should die

Azronger
I wonder what their reasoning was back in the day

Trocity
Ragnos was "cool", that's pretty much it.

MythLord
Ragnos has better feats than RotS Sidious, tbh.

The Merchant
To resurrect Ragnos the energies of the Massassi temple was one of many nexuses absorbed in his scepter. Those temples are powerful enough to make Dorsk 81 force push a fleet of star destroyers half way across the Yavin system. Said scepter also made non force sensitivea on par with generic jedi knights and that happened to hundreds in the Galaxy.

Then there's his accolades like JA Luke saying a Resurrected Ragnos would need the entire NJO along with Luke to take him down and as a mere spirit implied to be able to kill Naga Sadow. Ik people here don't buy the Luke accolade but tbh Don't see why not. Fits with the video games hype and his overall hype in general.

Azronger
To resurrect Ragnos the energies of the Massassi temple was one of many nexuses absorbed in his scepter. Those temples are powerful enough to make Dorsk 81 force push a fleet of star destroyers half way across the Yavin system. Said scepter also made non force sensitivea on par with generic jedi knights and that happened to hundreds in the Galaxy.

No, it was the combined Battle Meld of 30 Jedi, not the Temples, that allowed Dorsk 81 to perform that feat.

It's because Luke knows absolutely nothing about Ragnos and once he was resurrected he was defeated only by a single Jedi Knight.

GMLukeSWEB
Are you joking or? Palpatine easily.

Sinious
Fits with the video games hype that's bold laughing

Dispray
Is this a joke? Sidious is canonically stronger than Ragnos and has better feats lol. Every version of Palpatine wins.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Dispray
Is this a joke? Sidious is canonically stronger than Ragnos and has better feats lol. Every version of Palpatine wins.

Even infant Palps?

http://media2.giphy.com/media/aR8L7unOhw7T2/giphy.gif

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Azronger
I wonder what their reasoning was back in the day

It was all hype. Look up any old Ragnos thread and you'll see that he was treated, by most here, as the strongest Sith-or even character, in SWEU.

The Merchant
Forgot to respond. Azronger, I thought the 30 students tapped into the temples and focused the energies into Dorsk 81?

Luke fought an ancient Sith Aka Kun. He knows how dangerous they are, he wouldn't make a claim so lightly.

Ragnos wasn't fully resurrected he was possessing Tavion which isn't his FP.

Stealth Moose
And Tavion is a relative weakling. Considering you have to drain planets' worth of Force power to even revive Ragnos, and his mere spirit caused Ludo and Naga to bow in submission, it's safe to say he's how you say, powerful.

The Merchant
Was it entire planets? Thought it was powerful nexuses on planets. Regardless yeah, don't see why people are so quick to disregard Lukes comment and go as far as to compare the statement to ones of Lumiya. Ragnos other hype:

Being the most powerful Sith during the Golden age of the Sith where the Sith had access to planet killing techniques and technology that can bust stars. Ludo making a gauntlet for his son is powerful enough to tank turbolaser bolts and logically his stuffs stronger.

Nexuses like the ones from Vjun and the already mentioned Massassi temples are needed to resurrect him, the staff that absorbed it even gathered so much energy it could spare enough to empower hundreds of beings, many of which were non force sensitive, to be as powerful as a Jedi Knight.

Ragnos empowered Kun and Ulic immensely when he was a spirit.

His death sent tremors through the Force.

His spirit was implied by Ludo to.be able to kill Sadow.

And some other stuff I might be forgetting.

Add how TOR says Ragnos was akin to the Sith Juggernaut class, he is a titan.

Stealth Moose
Was it entire planets? Thought it was powerful nexuses on planets. Regardless yeah, don't see why people are so quick to disregard Lukes comment and go as far as to compare the statement to ones of Lumiya. Ragnos other hype:

Being the most powerful Sith during the Golden age of the Sith where the Sith had access to planet killing techniques and technology that can bust stars. Ludo making a gauntlet for his son is powerful enough to tank turbolaser bolts and logically his stuffs stronger.

Nexuses like the ones from Vjun and the already mentioned Massassi temples are needed to resurrect him, the staff that absorbed it even gathered so much energy it could spare enough to empower hundreds of beings, many of which were non force sensitive, to be as powerful as a Jedi Knight.

Ragnos empowered Kun and Ulic immensely when he was a spirit.

His death sent tremors through the Force.

His spirit was implied by Ludo to.be able to kill Sadow.

And some other stuff I might be forgetting.

Add how TOR says Ragnos was akin to the Sith Juggernaut class, he is a titan.

Yeah and he pretty much made the Sith Emperor his pawn. As in "nice job subjugating your planet with the Force. Come join my club, kid". I still don't know why the guy didn't try to extend his life or something crazy. It's only the rule of plot convenience that he didn't try to do what Sadow nearly succeeded in doing.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yeah and he pretty much made the Sith Emperor his pawn. As in "nice job subjugating your planet with the Force. Come join my club, kid". I still don't know why the guy didn't try to extend his life or something crazy. It's only the rule of plot convenience that he didn't try to do what Sadow nearly succeeded in doing. And Tulak Hord is powerful too.

Azronger
Forgot to respond. Azronger, I thought the 30 students tapped into the temples and focused the energies into Dorsk 81?

Luke fought an ancient Sith Aka Kun. He knows how dangerous they are, he wouldn't make a claim so lightly.

Ragnos wasn't fully resurrected he was possessing Tavion which isn't his FP.

1. I can't remember it being stated anywhere. Besides, the temples are dark side nexi. It'd be quite strange for a group of light-sided Jedi to be able to draw off of them.

2. Exactly. He fought one, so he's using that as the basis for all others, which is why his word is meaningless. Kun is the most powerful Ancient Sith Lord who ever existed, more powerful than Ragnos. But Luke couldn't know that. He couldn't know anything about Ragnos, and his word is meaningless, as I said.

3. Quote? He's as resurrected as he could be without a body, which he acquired from Tavion.

Azronger
And Tavion is a relative weakling. Considering you have to drain planets' worth of Force power to even revive Ragnos, and his mere spirit caused Ludo and Naga to bow in submission, it's safe to say he's how you say, powerful.

Entire planets' worth of power? Quote, please.

Stealth Moose
Entire planets' worth of power? Quote, please.

Fine, the collective Force nexi of about five or six planets. Satisfied?

Big Gerald
Why is OP so into submission?

relentless1
Originally posted by Big Gerald
Why is OP so into submission?

hes a gimp, comes with the territory

Azronger
Fine, the collective Force nexi of about five or six planets. Satisfied?

They didn't drain the planets in their entirety, and no planet was fully a nexus anyway, IIRC. There were a few focal points of Force energy per planet that they drained, to my memory.

Stealth Moose
They didn't drain the planets in their entirety, and no planet was fully a nexus anyway, IIRC. There were a few focal points of Force energy per planet that they drained, to my memory.

Which is still by itself an incredible point. You can shift the goalposts a bit, but it doesn't invalidate the feather in Ragnos' cap.

Trocity
i think its safe to say how you say, sidious stomps.

AncientPower
I like how much dodging Az is doing.

Oh and the temples being dark side nexi has been false since their inception, they are focal points of Force power, that's it. Yavin IV itself was once a dark side nexus but clearly isn't anymore as of Jedi Academy. The only exception is Kun's personal temple, which requires no explanation

Azronger
Which is still by itself an incredible point. You can shift the goalposts a bit, but it doesn't invalidate the feather in Ragnos' cap.

Of course it speaks to Ragnos' power that the combined wnergies of several Force nexi were required to resurrect his spirit. But you were massively exaggerating the power of the nexi by saying it was several planets' worth of energy, which I corrected.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Trocity
sidious stomps.

Azronger
Originally posted by AncientPower
I like how much dodging Az is doing.

Oh and the temples being dark side nexi has been false since their inception, they are focal points of Force power, that's it. Yavin IV itself was once a dark side nexus but clearly isn't anymore as of Jedi Academy. The only exception is Kun's personal temple, which requires no explanation

What dodging?

Anyway:

Luke: "I sense a disturbance in the Force."

Kyle: "You always sense a disturbance in the Force. But yeah, I sense ot too. It could just be residual dark side aura from this temple."

--Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

AncientPower
Just noticed this.

The Jedi use the Temples in Darksaber to focus regular Force energy and fling the Star Destroyers to the outer reaches of the system. It's literally stated that they don't only channel dark side energy.

Azronger
Quote?

AncientPower

Azronger
Huh, interesting

The Merchant
So Ragnos required the massassu temples to.resurrect him as I've said :>

The Merchant
Ragnos can hurl fleets beyond solar systems.

AncientPower
I wouldn't go nearly that far, the Great Temple did about half of the lifting at most, furthermore much of the energy required to exhume Ragnos would have been expended during the resurrection but it is an extremely impressive implication of his powers nonetheless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.