The BBC Praise Batman Begins!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
I can't believe it! I thought they were going to be the heaviest critics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2005/06/06/batman_begins_2005_review.shtml

shocking

bakerboy
It isnt strange, this movie rules.

DirectorFitz
plus, there are a lot of British(or just simply non-American) actors in the film, plus the director.

WindDancer
Indeed, and I guess the BBC did a wondeful review of Batman Begins.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, folks this is the moment you all been waiting for...My Review of Batman Begins! eek!

First and Foremost a little about my fanboy history. The year was 1989 and I was in the 7th grade when WB released Batman. I was one of the millions of fans who indulged in the Batman Hype of that memorable summer. I became a comic book geek two years earlier. Thanks to Tim Burton's Batman my fanboyish ways exploded into an obsession to Detective Comics. Then when Batman Returns debuted in 1992 my devotion to Batman was solidified to the point that I just got hooked all over Batman. In 1995 when Batman Forever was released I had mixed emotions towards the film (I was High School Senior ready to graduated) Val Kilmer (which was awesome in The Doors) performance of Bruce Wayne was rather weak. But his potrayal as Batman was fairly okay. I did enjoyed the film but didn't recognize as a great film. Just fairly average. When Batman & Robin came in 1997 I had fears that the WB had over done it with the sequels and even worse the constant changes to the suits and the actors. And even though the film was a total disaster. I still founded to be a favorite of mine. Despite the horrible work I still had a small place for that film inside my wittle heart.

And now is 2005 a whole new and much more improved Batman is reborn. A total and complete different Batman. This is Batman Begins! My original reaction was "Oh no! Please WB don't do it!" I wasn't bore with Batman films. I was getting the feeling that WB was about to make a terrible mistake by continuing the series. Until I heard that the film was going to be based on Frank Miller's Batman Year One. My first reaction was "Oh YEAH!!!!!!!!!" Finally a Batman film with a real strong backbone! And what made me awe even more was the cast for the film. I was pumped! I wasn't worried anymore! I knew this was going to be a must see Batman film!

So, enough about my memory lane and my prior expectations lets move to Batman Begins!!!!!

The film opens with Bruce Wayne inside a reform prison in Tibet (or some place in the east similar to Tibet) He meets Ducard a man with some rather similar philosophical ideas as Bruce Wayne regarding Justice. Ducard recruits Wayne and introduces him to the league of assasins. Or if you prefer a more appropiate description "Secret Society". Bruce Learns martial arts and pursues his philosophical ideas of what is justice. During his time training he continues to experience backflashes to his childhood. One in particular is a memory of him falling a well and getting attack by bats. Thus a bat becomes one of his fears. And as the film unfolds the bat becomes his inspiration to fight injustice.

Now Bruce has been away from his beloved Gotham for about 7 years. During that time the city has become a criminal and corrupt place. Only his beloved and childhood friend Rachel continues the fight agains't the underworld. But she isn't alone. A new sergeant has arrived. His name is Jim Gordon (who later as you fans know becomes Commisioner) a hard boiled cop with a solid heart that detests crime and corruption.

When Bruce returns to Gotham he discovers that not corruption has taken over the city but also his business. Wayne Enterprise has been under the abuse of power by Earle a greedy business CEO with many lose ends.

In his quest to fight injustice he resorts to finding ways to equip and stock weapons for his mission. This is where the film introduces Lucius Fox (played incredibly great by Morgan Freeman) Lucius is one the coolest and most memorable characters in the movie. Is obvious during the film that Morgan and Bale have great chemistry with the jokes and with the dialogue.

But not everything is humor in the movie. We come to the point of the Scarecrow. A villain so despicable and disturbing that his mere presence is somewhat haunting and disturbing (disturbing in the sense that he tortures his victims) Don't let the Scarecrow fool you. He is only a pawn of a greater and more sinister plan. I won't give it away, but keep in mind the film gets very intriguing during the last half-hour.

Did I mention the Batmobile? No? Oh well, in the words of Gordon "I just gotta get me one of those" Trust me, the batmobile kicks ass!

The ending of the film is one of the best moments of the film. It hints a future for the Batman franchise. There are many things that still need to known about Batman. Like for example how he develop his Detective Skills, The future of Wayne Manor, the prisoners of Arkham Asylum, and a few thingys I can't quite remenber right now.

Well, folks! If you've been reading this essay post then shame on you! Go see Batman Begins and expirence for yourself the thrill of The Caped Crusader. You don't have to be a fanboy like me to understand the movie. The film itself is self-explanitory. Go see Batman Begins.

WD awards Batman Begins:

5 out of 5

To the Batcave everyone! batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.