Phobias [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LilySatine
Because of current events, I thought it would be neat to share any phobias that you may have!! You can also explain why you have this phobia if you wish, and how it came about. smile
If you have a phobia and don't know the name, click here

One of the biggest phobias of mine is coulrophobia, the fear of clowns. You probably might not believe me, but it's 110% true! I'm not sure how it came about, but apparently I used to scream and cry when clowns walked up to be at parades. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Some others are:
Claustrophobia- fear of confined spaces
Acrophobia- fear of heights

Ushgarak
Heights! EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!

I am also rather agrophobic- afraid of the outisde world having been shut in for so long!

Captain REX
Arachnaphobia - Fear of spiders.

I'd especially hate girls who have Phallophobia. Care to guess what it means?

shadow_angel
My phobia's are:
Acrophobia- fear of heights
Arachnophobia: fear of spiders

Captain REX
I don't really have many phobias. I'd probably have Acrophobia a little, and perhaps a fear of danger or injury.

LilySatine
Phallophobia? Hmm no idea.
Do tell! big grin

VampirePrincess
*huggles ush*

Poor baby... Needs to get out more.

As for me I fear spiders but not that much. I really just over come my fears so I don't really have any.

Captain REX
Fear of dicks. sick

LilySatine
eek! Oh dear...

VampirePrincess
Fear of dicks?

Well don't have to worry about me on that one....

lol (jk)

Or maybe not

Captain REX
I sure I don't have to worry about you, babe. Well, I worry about the poking... big grin

LilySatine
laughing VP!

Thaasophobia- Fear of sitting
Hmm...that would be interesting!

Captain REX
REX: Please sit down, Lily.

LILY: NO, NEVER! It's too traumatizing and terriflying...

laughing out loud

LilySatine
laughing laughing
Interesting, indeed!

Ushgarak
Rex, a phobia is an irrational fear. I think a fear of danger or injury is perfectly rational!

SmokingIrishman
I'm afraid of heights and really small spaces.

I'm also afraid of the possibility of 'Undercover Brother 2', but that...is another story...

Allor_Vader
Nothing to my knowledge. In other words undiscovered.

Tex
I'm afraid of heights and roaches.

Phoenix
my big fear is being trapped - i hate being anywhere cant escape or see an escape route! therefore, i dont like heghts unless i can see the stairs, i dont like the dark unless the door is open a crack so i can see where it is, and i DETEST tiny places - as soon as my movements are restricted, i start gettn stressed. gotta be pretty tiny tho - cupboards dont freak me, so its gotta be something where i LITERALLY cant move (i dont like suffocating crowds either.)

Phoenix
dont have a problem with any animals tho - thats my brother. i used to tease him when i was little (kinda feel bad abt that now!) he hates anything that moves really quickly, so quickly u cant even see where it goes! so he hates spiders, lizards, nearly every kinda bug and birds

Phoenix
i have to go rescue stuff from him, cos hell stamp on it, or, if he's really scared, i have to go and rescue him!

BackFire349
spiders.

yerssot
you know mine lily, to scared to write it down wink

LilySatine
laughing C'mon, yerss.
You know you wanna tell everyone. stick out tongue

yerssot
*pokes* no stick out tongue

LilySatine
*Sigh* Oh well, it's your choice!

skule
I have the fear of the ocean, like the deep ocean you know, i have nightmares sometimes of me floating in the middle of the ocean then drowning, i dont think its called aquaphobia as i am not afraid to shower everday laughing out loud , so i dont know exactly what the fear of the ocean is. Any one know?

J_To_The_P
Heights, and that spider thing, arat..aratnophobia, I think is the spelling? confused

yerssot
Arachnophobia is for spiders
Thalassophobia is for sea (ocean doesn't have a name I know of)

skule
thalassophobia cool, i never did actually try to find out the actual name.

diegocala
I am cursed with Pentheraphobia eek!

pinkycheeks
yeah spiders are scary. i remember why i'm afraid of them too. when i was really little i was playing in the backyard, and i overturned a small plastic truck. coincidentally, a giant, hairy spider about a foot long in length burst out and clung onto my face. lol. you get the idea.

BOPRecruit 16
the only extreme phobia i have is of needles. i'm a mess when i get blood withdrawal, but not when it's simple check up ones. i hate spiders, but not a phobia. i cannot relax until i smash them repeatedly with a tissue box and flushed down the toilet. i know i'm harsh to god's creatures. but still *ew ew*! i get kind of clostraphobic when i'm agitated or really bad mood. but it's not a real phobia.

frootlooplucy
i hate people pointing sharp things at me... like pencils... or knives. funnily enough, not needles. im not scared of any animals, its kind of hard to be scared of spiders or anything in my house, coz my mum wont let us kill them, we have to just take them outside. so im used to spiders, cockroaches, crickets, moths, bees, wasps... you get the idea.
whats pentheraphobia?

Dark_Queen
im scared of spiders and cockroaches,i freak out when i see them.also im a little scared of heights(being upside down and/or off the ground).i can handle going on most rollarcostaers but i could never,ever bungee jump or jump out of a plane

robincooper
dude i'm scared of spiders.... It wouldn't be that bad if they didn't chase me all the time..... i don't know why they just chase me! and they always turn up in the places you really need to go like the Toilet or in the middle of a G.C.S.E Exam it's not that i don't like them they seem to chase me all the time they don't like me!

Dark_Queen
and its especially bad when they can jump...lol

robincooper
i know what you mean.... believe me they jump at me all the time!

Dark_Queen
has one ever actually landed on u,and what did u do...*shivers*luckily it hasnt happened to me ..yet

robincooper
i screamed and ran out the class.... embarrasment

Bad_Hair_Day
im scared of snakes (i think its Ophidiophobia) and small sapaces, also im chlostrophobic

diegocala
I have a spider on me right now

Gundark
Spiders. Spiders. Spiders.

Celsius
Russophobia: fear of russians

That Sucks. stick out tongue
BOOO

Celsius
i cant stand spiders and heights.

yerssot
I can't stand russians stick out tongue wink

Baylin
No phobias that I'm aware of but I do like to suck spiders in to Dyson vacuum cleaners just to watch em spinning round laughing out loud evil face big grin

Celsius
augh!!! you monster. wink

Baylin
Oh yeah!!! evil face I'm all dark side... devil

kruegerKid
shhh don't tell anyone but I'm afraid of heights...

TedO
I'm terribly afraid of small, closed off plces. I have to be able to move around.

ChinaNiki
I fear not fulfilling my dreams of living abroad. So what would that be called? confused

JavX
Eurotophobia: fear of female genitalia...... People actually fear the thing they come squeezing out of
confused

yerssot
the only thing I could find was

Oneirophobia: fear of dreams

nothing found on fear of the future

ChinaNiki
Well, I don't fear dreams.

I do fear fire ants and sharks though.

LindsIsTightK
I'm hydrophobic, which means I'm scared of water. I'm mostly just scared of being in really deep water, I always freak out then.

yerssot
*gets out bucket with water* wink

diegocala
Dude! That sucks...sorry for you...I could spend days down there!

Crash_Overload
Algophobia Fear of pain
Cacophobia Fear of ugliness
Demophobia Fear of crowds
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia Fear of long words

I put that one in CAUSE ITS HILLARIOUS!!!!
"UM... Mr. Smith, you have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia."
& quot;AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
HH!!!!!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spacephobia Fear of outer space (a piece of paint that hits the shtlle causes an inch deep hole)
Taeniophobia or Teniophobia Fear of tapeworms (yet spiders DON'T scare me)

And I am deathly afraid of breaking my Leg AGAIN!!! (I can hardly run fast anymore, I was the best in my class)

diegocala
I am afraid of unsually long posts, such as the Edna Crush story!

Crash_Overload
I need a link to that... I would like to check it out.

Rogue Jedi
what is your worst phobia?

Dexx
i don't like big flying bugs
i have nothing against wasps or bees...just BIG flying ones...the ones that make the hard noises

Anarion
People.
I'm untrusting of those who are holding sharp objects or anything fatal.

ObieTrice 26
mice and rats, their so small and run around and they carry diseases

ChinaNiki
bees and fire ants

Rogue Jedi
cockroaches. or, as my wife would say, cucarachas.

ChinaNiki
my cat could take care of those for you. she loves chasing cockroaches

Rogue Jedi
i hate the flying ones the most.

ChinaNiki
don't have much experince with them but I'm sure Peanut could still catch them. She's a very good extermi-cat.

GABRIEL05
all insects except for ladybugs, spiders, heights, and many legged arthopods.

The Omega
If it has more than six legs, I'm just SO dangling from a lamp!
(Yes, I thought "Arachnophobia" was VERY scary smile

Sheepz
I think my fear of flying. I hate airplanes. If I go on one I need like a sleeping pill because I get way to terrified and start panicing.

drumsgirl13
i have a lot of phobias! here's some of them:
spiders and bees (can't stand the buzzing sound and i hate it when they fly around you unexpectedly)
planes as well (i'd probably need a sleeping pill to calm me down too!)
being in small places (or narrow, for that matter) i need air to breathe

badkittykitty
large crowds of people scare me,the old i get the worse this phobia is,I dont go to concerts or much anything else now a days cause i get freaked out.

Captain REX
I'm a tad bit claustrophobic and a tad bit afraid of heights or sudden drops.

diegocala
My Mother-in-Law big grin

Rogue Jedi
i will not set foot in a natural body of water. i saw jaws.

nemo
i'm afriad of lizard.
have u ever seen the way the tail is still moving after it is detached?
just writing this, give me the creep.

Rogue Jedi
weird.

ChinaNiki
i fear mayonaise, sour cream, cottage cheese, and whipped cream sick

Killer
spiders
deep water
ending up alone in life
loud noises in the sky at night

Rogue Jedi
bees....i am allergic....the last time i was stung was on my left bicep. my arm swelled up to schwarzenneger like proportions.

ChinaNiki
my cousin's throat swells up if he gets stung so he has to carry an epi-pen with him

GABRIEL05
dude the deep water thing is so freaky!

Oh btw people when you post just bear in mind phobia is kinda different from fear. Like I fear dying, but I'm not a thanatophobic. Phobia is inexplicable, where as my fear of death is I just don't wanna freakin' die.

diegocala
DYK? For most people Death is not even the top 5 on the lists of most feared things. For a lot of others is does not even make the list.
Did a study on this in a management class in college once!

MaverickIce
Clowns man.... To dress up that crazily there has to be something pycho with ya...

diegocala
Hey, I like clowns!

DeNiro
i hate i mean hate thousand leggers i am just mortified of them i will have my mom kill it before me i am eally afraid of these things i would rather have a 225 pounds man comin at me with a baseball bat then one of these mother ****ers

GABRIEL05
I agree with you 100% DeNiro.

I hate bugs, but in my mind nothing makes me naucious more than stepping on a bug. I hate that crunch and ooze feeling, then you lift up your foot and there's still parts of it moving.

Rogue Jedi
running out of cigarettes. laughing out loud

ChinaNiki
bugs don't bother me too much unless they bite or sting
i tend to rescue them from everyone else

Korri
this is so embarrasing embarrasment but.......

LilMimister006
..a car? blink

Korri
Bentley!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wacko

Killer
Deeep water! *cringes*

plus, someone where i live just got killed by a "big sea mammal"

*hides*

the Ocean and I don't get along.. mad

ChinaNiki
love the ocean, but i'm staying in the shallows

Rogue Jedi
chinaniki's wrath.

ChinaNiki
kept my sister in line for years"he he eh hehe heh eh" evil face

GroundedAgain
i'm claustraphobic
ladders
and school cafeteria food

mechmoggy
Clowns eek!

Hippo's eek! eek!

Public speaking eek! eek! eek!

mechmoggy
Oh, and aliens abducting me eek! eek! eek! eek!

ragesRemorse
deep waters get to me alot but at the same time im frieghtend of deep waters im still very fascinated, but deep dark waters like lagoons screw that im not the least bit interested just scared, bee's suck too

Another_Smithy
Insects, like Tarantulas...

Rogue Jedi
having a terminal illness.

Mujaffa
naked, fat people in dark places..ugh

takame44
i hate flying and heights.

KidRock
SPIDERS! i am definetly freaked out by them i go crazy if i see them and im serious lol

hayden's minx
Well it started with a dream ... and turned into a nightmare...
It was fat people falling over - which everyone knows is very funny but then they were falling on top of me their flap wiggling into my mouth i couldn't breathe - then i have to marry one of these fat people - and where the head should be - it was the head of 50 cent embarrasment - It was a very shocking and disturbing dream/nightmare and since has become my biggest fear.

~fuoco~
no expression
heights, spiders, dark lakes where you can't see anything in it, being attacked by a wild animal, loosing family members messed

finti
my worst phobia is to not have a phobia eek!

Celsius
MUJAFFA!!!! youre back!!!! eek!

finti
and dont undress in a dark place mujaffa

Celsius
undress out in the open where there is a lot of light laughing out loud stick out tongue

mechmoggy
I don't think we should encourage Muj to strip in public. eek!

finti
sick

Crash_Overload
HA! Llaughing out loudL

My fear is NOT bugs, or heights (a pilot afraid of heights??????) but big group hugs, and crowd crushes. (my leg, get of my leg!)

I can't swim so (uncontrolled water that i can't stand in) and being higher than 6 feet from solid ground.

mechmoggy
You're scared of group hugs Crash?!?!

Boy did you join the wrong forum, we've had nuff group hugs here in the past! Maybe you should wear a allergy bracelet with "NO HUGS" on it, and warn Ush too, he's usually the hug instigator.

Crash_Overload
No you see, a group hug of like 10 and more people and me in the middle, it is like a crowd crush..... (ayone going to chine or india wil know what I mean, or even at concerst....) Other then that I am allright, because you see, I am afraid all the people will fall on me, and my leg, thus making in go *crack* (and yes there IS a sound) again.

mechmoggy
Oh okay. big grin

Here's why clowns scare me.... eek!

Tex
Cause they always have kids around them?
I dont get it!

Captain REX
laughing out loud

That is one creepy clown...

diegocala
And this clown?

Crash_Overload
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*takes in deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

ragesRemorse
thats my kind of clown

mechmoggy
I was also trying to find a picture of Papa Lazarou from the League of Gentlemen, he's another reason why clowns are freakin' scary.

"Hello Daaaaaaaave" eek!

BeladonnaLeBeau
Birds. I'm afraid of them since I was very little. I can't stand one too close of me. Then, of course, violence of any kind. I hate pain.

yerssot
wasn't there a thread about that one a year ago? wink

Kaleanae
Do you have any phobias or know somebody that has one or more?

Well, a phobia is something a person fears to the point that they feel they have to change how they behave and I'm posting this because yesterday only five people were left in school, of course, it was 9:00 PM and I was walking alone in the third floor and all the lights were out, from the window you only could see some light coming through. It was almost completely dark, and I began to think about people that are afraid of the dark, and just wanted to know what they feel while being in the dark... well, Their phobia is their reality messed

Evy_O
No luckily I have no phobias big grin Maybe height phobia but I'm not sure about that erm
I used to be afraid of dark when I was younger though ninja

Kaleanae
You may have: Acrophobia, Altophobia, Batophobia, Hypsiphobia or Hyposophobia (all those apply to people afraid of heights) messed

Evy_O
And I actually know what they mean cause they are greek eek!

HockeyHorror
my grandma has a phobia which started a couple of months ago sad she's afraid of bacteria now sad she's about 84 years old.

Darth Revan
I sometimes have a mild fear of heights, depends on the situation erm

I'm pretty claustrophobic though... When I was five or six, my friends and I would cover each other with blankets for some reason... And I was always deathly scared of being covered with a blanket that was held in place messed

Darth Revan
ooh that's a bad one to have... Sort of like being allergic to all matter, you can't really get away from the little buggers evil face

Evy_O
My mom is claustrophobic yes

G.P
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7778

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10120

erm

Evil1
I'm terrified of cats.

Darth Revan
I also have a slight phobia of any links provided by KMCers... Because there was this one in the "Demonic Spirit" thread that was about subliminal messages... It was all quiet for a few minutes, but kinda creepy what it was saying, then out of nowhere there's this blood-curdling scream.. Scared the living shit outta me... Then the other time it was this test thing that was supposed to test your reflexes, but all of a sudden in the middle of it there's this scream and a rather crude drawing of a bleeding eye appeared on the screen... So now I'm traumatized and will use very few of said links

amity75
I have a phobia of baked beans. I can't even look at them if they're on a plate.

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud

Seriously, though...I'm incredibly scared of heights, and I'm rather claustrophobic. I'm also pretty scared of bees, needles, and lightning embarrasment

Ushgarak
(hugs TM protectively)

forumcrew
my roomate is scared of plants

~Angel~
I'd say I have arachaphobia, but I kill the little demonic spiders whenever I see 'em. Unless they're too big...then I have to get something REALLY big to squash 'em with, or ask someone to kill 'em for me.

Lord Shadow Z
I'm very scared of heights

LordMortis
ok heres my phobias (i dunno the real names of them so heh)

Clowns (funnyphobia? lol)

Closed open spaces (clagrophobia? lol) if ya know what i mean. eg i cant stand being in a large room in a mansion.

this ones a bit hard to put into words so bear with me.
a room at the end of a corridor facing the top of a flight of stairs.
(apparently in my first house the top of the stairs were haunted lol)

Evy_O
I had this list with phobias, they were very weird and included all sorts of things like, ie, clowns messed Yes, there's an official name for that phobia erm

eleveninches
I HATE spiders. They are just sooo gross and disgusting. There is something just not right about them

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe
Arachnophobia... *shudders* I make people kill them for me. Now, granted, *I* could squish them with a shoe too, but the farther away I can get, the better. -.-

I'm also afraid of bees/wasps/hornets or those giant bugs that look like mosquitoes on steroids. *shudders again* I don't know what those things're called, but they're nasty... O_o Anything with a stinger (or those huge mosquito-things) should be squished.

I'm not afraid of needles, I just REALLY don't like them 'cause they HURT LIKE HADES-- especially when you get a nurse who says "now don't tense up and just relax"... of course that makes me tense up every muscle in my body. -.- I think I'm pain-a-phobic... like the opposite of masochism or something... lol ^_^ I'm weird.

eleveninches: Anything with more than four legs should be squished. Except maybe ladybugs and lightning bugs. And roly-polies.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>