I Need Help On Making A Comic Book Club.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

booper
Does anybody have any ideas on how I can run a comic book club?
Like what are some things that we could do in the club?

colossus17
one of the main things you guys could do is post in the right forums.....

booper
what? and how do you put the signature image?

colossus17
its a VS. forum......its meant for battles...

stormfront13
hey, he only registered yesterday, for some people it takes time to adjust

booper
I don't know I'm just trying to get my message out, because I need help with my original subject.

stormfront13
well i mean what kind of comic club?

booper
thanks stormfront13

stormfront13
welcome

booper
A American comic club like DC,Marvel, no animie

stormfront13
where are u running it?

booper
do you have any ideas?

booper
at my high school

stormfront13
well not really i don't know what u are trying to do

booper
I'm trying to get more people into comic books and everyone at my school knows I love comic books and I want to teach people how cool comics are.

colossus17
there is a dangerous creature roaming this forum....her name is paola.....and she is going to get you........

stormfront13
ok, at your highschool............why don't you have it similar to a book club, like rea them then discuss them or something. or maybe just meet to discuss what is going on in comcis and stuff like that. to get it started then you would need to probably contact the prncipal or dean of students of somethig

booper
what????????

booper
yea I have to fill this form out

stormfront13
well if you think it's a good idea then go for it

booper
ya I am I just need ideas from other people

stormfront13
what kind of ideas?

booper
Like what kind of things to do in it.

stormfront13
well jjust talk about comcis in general, like what is going on, and the characters and stuff like that

booper
that sounds good. how about me telling them the history?

mdbull73
Here are some steps to establish your club:

1. Get permission from the adminstration to do it.
2. Create some flyers with some information about your purpose.
3. Create a small website (post on your school's server if possible) to help spread the info.
4. Try to get your school newspaper to advertise it.
5. Get a room on the campus.
6. Set a meeting time (at least two weeks after you pass out your flyers and/or set up your website.
7. At the meeting, bring some of your favorite comics and put them on a table.
8. Pass out a survey at the meeting to see what types of comics your audience likes (DC, Marvel)
9. Based on the survey, try to decide some general comics that everyone likes.
10. Just like a book club, everybody reads the comics before the next meeting.
11. At the next meeting, discuss the comics you read. What did you like? Which character got gyped? How could the story line have been better.
12. Set up another meeting and post the results of your first meeting in another flyer and/or on the website.

Good luck!

booper
Thanks mdbull73
I really appreciate it

booper
does anyone also know how to put a signature image

Lord-of-Dreams
you go to your CP, go to profile, go down a bit to the type box labeled SIGNATURE. You go to change sig. (or something like that...) you browse for the image you want, you set it. The screen should then either tell you our image is too big, or that your last one was deleted. It will also give you a code which you must copy and paste back in the text box I told you about before. smile

You could have some discussions. Also, since noone wants to just sit an talk, you could mabey have like, a weekly battle, in which members debate then vote on who should win. And a club-comic collection could be a nice thing to have. Like a club library. And that big list posted above is a must. Hope I've helped you. Welcome abord the nerd train smile And around here, it's salty/unsalty instead of newbie. Remember that, and you're set for about a week. smile

DigiMark007
It always helps me to just have lists...maybe of possible discussion topics, an intro to comics for any newcomers to the club, a brief list of seminal works for would-be comic junkies to read first, etc. Those are just a few ideas.

And good luck...tried to start a "RISK" club at my school with a few friends once upon a time...didn't go so well. Hope you have better luck than I did.

-DM

long pig
Uh, if you do this, you can kiss your hopes to ever see a woman naked goodbye.

Comics are vagina repellent.

nigel45
I hope your school is more lineant than mine. There's no way a student could start any kind of club by themself at my school.

But aren't you on summer vacation? Don't you have a little time before you start this?

Lord-of-Dreams
hahaha!! ok... we are just about ready for the first meeting of.... the comi-- ok let's get out of this dump!! lol
vagina repelent is true. sorry pally. i'd get a chick now or forever hold your balls. smile

BENITO
I'll join the Club

whirlysplat
And whats your "Chick" called dreamer is it leftie or rightie Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
hahaha!! ok... we are just about ready for the first meeting of.... the comi-- ok let's get out of this dump!! lol
vagina repelent is true. sorry pally. i'd get a chick now or forever hold your balls. smile big grin laughing

booper
thanks guys

booper
I still cant get the signature image but I found the Avatar

booper
I think I might also be in the wrong time zone.

booper
never mind, Does anybody know how much it could cost for the comic library I might make.

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
Uh, if you do this, you can kiss your hopes to ever see a woman naked goodbye.

Comics are vagina repellent.

this is very true..... i would never tell a woman i was interested in that i'm into comics

have you ever seen Mallrats? Brodie is some kind of freak of nature.... he's the most comic obsessed guy ever (apart from Comic Book Guy in the Simpsons) and yet he gets a hot chick who doesn't mind ..... too much...... he's my hero!.... big grin

i would personally never have attempted to start this kind of club

but if you do make sure to keep it fun

have role playing games/battles, quizzes (people on this forum can help you out with questions) organise trips to conventions, maybe even make fan films for Wizard (or other) movie competitions... you can all contribute to a script ... or make a bunch of different ones and vote on it

there's a lot you could do.... but the guys are right.... don't expect to see a lot of hot female members... sad

ShadowSorciere
Comic books rule!!!!! My counsler told me to start a comic book club, but then the teacher that agreed to 'sponser' the club left because of his stupid freshmen. But yeah, my counsler's obessed. Then again not like I'm not....

What to do in a comic book club that's easy. First read comic books, then you discuss them with each other. Then work on your plan to destroy the writers for screwing up story lines.... And make sure the death is painful! That's a must!

(And if anyone can't tell I'm being sarcastic about the death, then you need help. Rapunzel says so.)

booper
I will tell you guys that I know some girls who are interested in the club.

booper
Would telling them the history, and talking about the different writers, and artists be cool?

booper
I' m also creating a website for the comic club. where would be a good place to make for free on the internet?

booper
Is it me or am I just going to talk to my self now

DarkCrawler
If you want discussion forum for you club, there are lot of free forum givers, such as Ezboards. They are rather easy to use, so there should not be any problems figuring out how they work. smile

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by booper
I will tell you guys that I know some girls who are interested in the club. Right Here!

booper
you go girl

Spideys Sister
you go girl I live on reading Writing and Drawing comics...I'm your right hand girl.

booper
thanks. Now do you have ideas, because I know you do.

Spideys Sister
Making a website is a good idea...But we need a really wide spead one...Or at least some kind of advertisement on google. But If we can't do the whole website thing(I highly doubt we can't) A little more out and involed...Seminars or something. Or better yet advertise at a comic book convention. Your sure to get people there.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I'm your right hand girl.

considering some of the depraved minds on this forum.... you might want to pick your words a little more carefully......

embarrasment

booper
I guess your one of them

Scoobless
i deny nothing..... big grin

booper
the convention is a good idea but the club is for my school. The hard part is making the constitution for the club.

Spideys Sister
the convention is a good idea but the club is for my school. The hard part is making the constitution for the club. You should have said that...embarrasment I thought you meant a public club....Eh, no big here. Your constitution should set some simple guide lines.

booper
sorry about that.

My school provided a packet for me to fill out. for the constitution there are 7 Articles.

Article 1 - is the name, I called it the American Comic Book Club.

Article 2 - is the purpose, which is easy to answer.

Article 3 - is Eligibility, which I don't think I'll have I'll probably just let who ever wants to be in the club be in the club.

Article 4 - Time & place of meetings, This I have to see when I go back to School because I don't know what the teacher who's going to supervise is schedule is.

Article 5 - Dues, this is where I have no Idea how much I'm going to spend or make and I can only charge $0.50 per semester.

Article 6 - Number, which is Type and Definition of Duties of Officers. I don't even know if I'm going to have officers but I guess we can make them.

Article 7 - Amendments.

Spideys Sister
Simple enough...Officers can be in charge of certin areas of expertise...like if I went to your school I could be in charge of Spiderman. The Amendments are simple enough...They should stay true to the disscusion of movies,comics, tv show and websites in association to your club.

booper
I think they mean like the secretary, president, vice President, treasurer like that but thats also a good idea. heres a amendment - No one shall destroy a comic book ever, unless its animia.

Scoobless
No one shall destroy a comic book ever, unless its animia.

or features Wolverine survivng a nuclear attack

booper
sure.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Scoobless
or features Wolverine survivng a nuclear attack We burn those...BONFIRES!Originally posted by booper
I think they mean like the secretary, president, vice President, treasurer like that but thats also a good idea. heres a amendment - No one shall destroy a comic book ever, unless its animia. Well then they should be people you think are qualified to be in that posistion.

booper
good----- now who do I Trust?

I have to think this one over and figure out what they would do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.