The Two Towers - Name change needed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Waylander
I have just found this and think That someone is way over sensitive or crazy, but what do The American members think.

http://www.petitiononline.com/twotower/

In the interests of free choice I have started a counter petition.
http://www.petitiononline.com/lotr2/

I do not beleve for a second that either Peter Jackson or New Line cinema would consider changing the name, but I also don't beleve in taking chances.

mah
As much as the ones who wish to change the name probably does so out of good intentions, it is really totally utter bullshit. you can't censor the whole world! luckily things are starting to get back to normal, and that petition will change nothing as P. Jackson has clearly stated that the title will not be changed.

Mujaffa
nobody will or could change the names in the book....
someone would probably be very pist of if that happend mad

mah
we're talking about the movies here though

Captain REX
I'm an American, and if they change the title they will all suffer SLOW, PAINFUL DEATHS!!! If we change it, I'll turn in a fake ID, join the army, and blow off a bunch of Taliban heads!

Palanfirith
I think that Two Towers will remain Two Towers.Peter Jackson does not have a motive to do that.I guess.....I hope big grin

Captain REX
Hello Palanfirith!

He won't change it. That would be blatantly gay.

I'm an American and they shouldn't change the name. I don't see why they should. As Bush says, we'd be giving hte terrorist what they want. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Viseus
Hahaha. Check out the signatures in that petition (which I happen to think actually is meant as a joke). Half of the signatures are "false entry voided" and the rest are people just trying to be funny or telling the petition starters what an utterly stupid idea this is. So relax, people.

Ushgarak
It was never really a credible petition anyway.

Camellia
Ok, this hasn't been answered in MONTHS but when I saw it, I feel that it is SO necessary for me to reply to!

NO, NO, NO!!! I'm so glad the name wasn't changed.

Don't get me wrong, what happened on September 11th was completely wrong, terrifying and heartbreaking for all that were somehow involved but I cannot stress enough how ridiculous the idea of changing the name of the second film would be.

Tolkien wrote and had the second part of his story published nearly 50 years ago so how can the name be even remotely offensive or insensitive towards the Twin Towers incident and/or related to it? Simple, it can't!

Sorry to bring this up but I have been wanting to sound off about this for ages and I'm afraid that this forum just happened to be the one I was visiting at the time! smile

OrliNElijahsGrl
And for those who have the two towers extended version, and watch the movie with the cast commentry, sean and elijah both talk about it, and it was really powerful and amazing of what they said, and i agree about everything they said, im glad they didnt change the title, because it would of made no sense then, i mean..yes what happened on 9/11 was horrible, but the two towers has nothing to do with 9/11, nor was i named to match the twin towers, it was just simply a title from the books, from J.R TOLKIEN HIMSELF!

sauron
the books were written fifty boody years ago, now unless mr, Tolkien visited a supremely powerful psychic then its all bull

the two towers in the books show no resemblence to 9/11 at all i mean none are destroyed they are not together, utter over-rwaction by some american women that have nbothing better to do than whinge, like kyles mom on south park b l u

Verity
Oh what a load o' crap! roll eyes (sarcastic)

GABRIEL05
Barely readable but excellent point my friend!

fini
lol.........hey isn't this topic over a year old??????

why oh why was it posted in the first place?

billyboyd4ever
gosh that sstupid...idiots these days...

Camellia
Yes it was posted over a year ago....but I felt like looking at the old threads, found this and wanted to send a reply!

big grin

sauron
and it rocketed back to the top

gabriel05 heres what i meant

the two towers in the books show NO resemblance to the 9/11 attacks
neither tower is destroyed the towers are not together, its an utter overreaction by some women with nothing better to do

the kyles mom bit was a credit to south park bigger longer and uncut where she overrects to terrence and phillip......- understand yet

fini
dammit camellia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BingaBonga
lmao!!!

Camellia
Yes? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I felt like starting it up again!! big grin

mah
Heh..I guess we all agree on this topic..

Lady Bee
I don't think a name change is needed...Peter Jackson just used the titles of the books for the names of the movies (as any Tolkien purist-fearing director would have done in his place), and Tolkien wrote those books looooong before September 11th. Weren't they written during World War II? And like gabriel05 so eloquently (just joking) pointed out, there's no resemblance whatsoever to the two towers of 9/11. And anyway, weren't the WTC towers called the TWIN towers? That's what I thought.

shadow link
hey the first harry potter books name was changed from the philosiphers stone to the sorceres stone for the books and movie for when it was published for america and after that other countries
i think this was because most americans didnt know wat a philiosepher is and were much more likely to like it if it was sorcerer

Sifer
Man, that's ****ing hilarious - What a sad life that person must leave. Even if their son, daughter, whatever was lost in the Towers, it is no excuse other to cling to a false hope. Which I do not mind, but keep it to yourself...please.

sauron
lady bee it was me who said that no gabriel, it was her quoting me big grin

Exa
Thats stupid

As well as the Elvis-fans who wanted Return Of The King to be named differently as this could be misinterpretated as the Return of Elvis roll eyes (sarcastic) omg how stupid can men become?!?

sauron
*hem hem* men can be quite smart, at times

sometimes

rarely

well there is the odd occasion

OK DAMMIT MEN ARE THICKER THAN WOMEN!!!!!!!! (at least we can drive properly) what who said that lol

mook
surely those titles have been around since the book was 1st published (50's/60's my dad has an early 60's print) why should they change it now!

Verity
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/thumbup.gif Well said!

DOM_MonaghanFAN
I heard that Eowyn and Faramir get hooked ^ if no 1 knew that... smile

GABRIEL05
OH, No doubt I always understood what you said. It was just very difficult to decipher at first. oh oops I almost forgot. I'm not a female. I'm a male.

Hypernova
I thought I was the only one that did that!! I have a tendency to delve deep into the KMC Forum Archives to bring up some... old... has not seen light... smelly... topics stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.