Obi from Phantom Menace VS. Anakin From AOTC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthCrazo
Who do you think would win Obi Wan from Phantom Menace or Anakin from AOTC. My opinion goes to Anakin because I believe Anakin was always stronger then Obi Wan but Obi Wan won because he was wise. In Phantom Menace Obi Wan is not too wise. So I believe Anakin would slice his head off.

Bobafetty
Anikan. Phantom Menace Obi isn't powerful or wise, he's crap. AOTC Anikan on the other had may be a cocky little spaz but he has a some what bigger power then apprentice Obi.

LordSorgo
Obi Wan was wise enough in TPM to kill a Strong Sith, and he was good enough to turn Anakin to shit in ROTS, so i think he would own AOTC Anakin.

Bobafetty
First off where talking about Ep. 1 Obi not ROTS. Second, the only reason Obi beat Maul was because Obi was so full with anger from the death of his master and Maul already was tired from his fight with Qui gon.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Bobafetty
First off where talking about Ep. 1 Obi not ROTS. Second, the only reason Obi beat Maul was because Obi was so full with anger from the death of his master and Maul already was tired from his fight with Qui gon.

Mere Excuses. And Anakin still got owned and he would get owned again by Obi. Padawan Obi VS Padawan Anakin? C'mon. Obi would win...AGAIN!

Bobafetty
You dont seem to understand. Anikan is much stronger then Obi APPRENTICE. Heck, Obi even said it himself in ROTS.

Darth_Frobo
Amakin's slightly more pwoerful but he's also a retard with the logic of a 4 year old obi just goes, "HA your moms dead and she's not coming back and it's all your fault." then he sidesteps anakin runst into something and knocks himself out or falls off some form of cliff.

DarthCrazo
But I strongly believe that Anakin would decapitate Obi Wan Kenobi Ten seconds into the match then maybe fall down a pit or out of his moms hut or something.

Darth_Frobo
maybe not ten seconds, but if they were in a padded room where there was no remote possibility of anakin hurting himself in any way possible except by obi he'd probably win as long as he doesn't have a nervous brakedown where he just assumes the fetal postition sucks his thumb and tries to think happy thoughts like slaughtering a temple full of younglings.

LordSorgo
You dont seem to understand. Anikan is much stronger then Obi APPRENTICE. Heck, Obi even said it himself in ROTS.

You don't seem to know how to spell "Anakin."

And i don't care what Obi said, Anakin didn't kill a Sith lord when he was a Paddy.

Darth_Frobo
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Amakin's slightly more pwoerful but he's also a retard with the logic of a 4 year old obi just goes, "HA your moms dead and she's not coming back and it's all your fault." then he sidesteps anakin runst into something and knocks himself out or falls off some form of cliff.

Anakin:I will never fail again (gets his arm cut off 30 minutes later shortly after getting blown across thr room)

Anakinbig grinon't make me kill you obi-won (loses his legs and gets burnt to a crisp)

Everytime anakin fights someone remotley close to his skill level he somehow seems to go out like a punk every time, not only that it's hereditary.

Luke: you have failed your majesty I am a jedi like my father before me. (Palpatine then fries him with force lightning.)

It's called the skywalker idiot gene once you have it it makes you a whiny obnoxious overconfident retard with the thought process of a 4 year old. By exploiting this maybe obi won can win.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Obi wan owns in mere minutes.

he's older,wiser,more experienced,not a whiney b!tch,calm,patient,better fighter........

owns.

TraptUnderIce
Actually Dan this is the younger, unwise, and less experienced Obi which still kick's Anakin's ass.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Obi is still older.

hes around 25 in TPM......and ani is 19.

that was my point. and yes, he does own.

Darth_Frobo
He'd still own ani's just too much of a retard see my previous post for examples.

chewbacca II
nah, anakin would go spaz on him after a while and just slice his b1tch ass head off, i mean it would be pretty close fight but i still think ani would rape obi ass, i mean in each film( apart from ep 1) obi and ani were at the same light saber skill level so if u take obi back one film and leave ani in aotc then anis just better

Darth_Frobo
maybe obi was equal to anakin in rots, in aotc i think he(Obi) was better though I consider them on par for saber skills unless anakin somehow goes spaz but whenever that happens he usually gets maimed some how.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
obi beats ani as padawan, knight, or master.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
obi beats ani as padawan, knight, or master.

Exactly.

Obi Wan is a much smarter fighter that keeps his head cool in a fight.... Which is pretty much the reason he f*cks Anakins shit up in ROTS... Anakin is a freaky brat as a Padawan. Obi Wan is respectful to his Master and keeps his head cool in most battles, enabling him to diminish Darth Maul as a Padawan.

Emperor Revan
I agree with Darth Frobo. Anakin's too stupid to win and I don' think he's that much more powerful anyway.

TraptUnderIce
Anakin's more powerful just not as calm. I'm also not sure if Obi could've defended against Anakin's spaz attacks when he was a padawan.

Emperor Revan
Obi defended against a Sith Lord that had spent his whole life leading up to that point, he was able to defeat two powerful Jedi at the same time. I think he could've held off Anakin's attacks. Of course Anakin would charge him like a mad bull and Obi would just pull the red sheet up and watch Anakin fall down the pit while he laughed his butt off.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i will say again, only reason maul lost is becuz A: he was stupid, and obi got lucky.
B: GL is an idiot.

DarthMandalore
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
Anakin:I will never fail again (gets his arm cut off 30 minutes later shortly after getting blown across thr room)

Anakinbig grinon't make me kill you obi-won (loses his legs and gets burnt to a crisp)

Everytime anakin fights someone remotley close to his skill level he somehow seems to go out like a punk every time, not only that it's hereditary.

Luke: you have failed your majesty I am a jedi like my father before me. (Palpatine then fries him with force lightning.)

It's called the skywalker idiot gene once you have it it makes you a whiny obnoxious overconfident retard with the thought process of a 4 year old. By exploiting this maybe obi won can win.

I have never heard truer words spoken before!!!! rockon

obi-wan geynobi
OB1 would own little pretty boy brat amikan i hate inakin in AOTC hes such a cry baby

Emperor Revan
i will say again, only reason maul lost is becuz A: he was stupid, and obi got lucky.
B: GL is an idiot.

I wasn't trying to bash Maul, I was trying to bash Anakin.

I agree with B.

Darth_Frobo
Aotc anakin simply had no self control, he tried to hook up with padme less the halfway through the movie and he just ended up looking like a perverted nerd, he then went to tatooine against orders, spazzed like a six year old denied his choclat killed a camp full of tusken raiders including the women and children then went b1tched about everything to padme despite the fact that what he did was wrong, and then he rushed dooku like a retard and got deep fried shortly followed by getting his arm hacked off in lightsaber combat. His little rant about being the most powerful jedi ever just showed him to be what he was, amazingly immature.

Dresta
think about it AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan have similar skills. you can see this when they fight Dooku he beats Obi easily but after he beats Anakin he is tired and sweating. therefor padiwan Anakin would easily beat padiwan Obi

Darth_Frobo
except padawan anakin was a retard

Dresta
that is very true but i still beleive that he would win

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Dresta
think about it AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan have similar skills. you can see this when they fight Dooku he beats Obi easily but after he beats Anakin he is tired and sweating. therefor padiwan Anakin would easily beat padiwan Obi

Sweating? Last time I watched it he beat him pretty easy. Not to mention he just fought Obi, and then Anakin even if he did do it. Anakin also had two lightsabers...

Lord_Windu
Wow...this place is crawling with Anakin fanboys.

Obi-Wan managed to hold his own against Darth Maul, who certainly was no pushover after showing how lethal he can possibly be with a double-bladed saber. Anakin would never have Obi-Wan's intelligence and level-headedness to beat Maul. And Anakin was totally PWNED by Dooku in AOTC. I am well aware that Dooku is more powerful than Maul but you really couldn't say the count was leagues above Maul. If they were to fight Maul would give him one awesome fight before he goes down. Obi-Wan may not have been as powerful as Anakin but he was calmer, more level-headed, far more mature, a hell of a lot smarter, and overall speaking just a much more faithful and likeable padawan. Anakin was a hot-headed, whiny and ignorant little sissy who always had the inclination of losing a hand.

My vote definitely goes to Obi-Wan, for all the reasons I have mentioned above.

MTAPlayer
i think someone forgot that obiwan lost to dooku too... and using two lightsabers mean nothing, he was not trained to battle with two sabers and anakin saved obis ass there

Lord_Windu
I know Obi-Wan lost to Dooku, but Obi-Wan did better than Anakin if you include the break between the fight (when the camera turns to a Clone Trooper rescuing Padme). Obi-Wan lasted much longer against Dooku than Anakin.

Kun-ni Habeo
obi again

MTAPlayer
so what? AOTC obi is a bit sctronger than anakin, but we are talking about phantom obi, and if you take all of those years from obi's training, he is weaker than the padawan anakin.

Fishy
How? Anakin constantly ****ed up with everything he did. Obi succeeded in everything he did and succeeded greatly. He managed to hold on against maul, granted Maul is no Dooku but Obi wasn't as stupid as Anakin. Even if Anakin was smarter which I doubt he would lose because he's an idiot.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by MTAPlayer
so what? AOTC obi is a bit sctronger than anakin, but we are talking about phantom obi, and if you take all of those years from obi's training, he is weaker than the padawan anakin.

Obi was basically a knight. Anakin still had a year or two to go. As for the fight with Dooku, Dooku had Anakin at his mercy with one hand. Obi sure lasted a lot longer than 3 seconds against Dooku and 10 years of teaching Anakin probably wouldn't help him all that much.

Obi beat Anakin when he was at his max, why wouldn't he beat him when he's far weaker and even dumber?

Dresta
Originally posted by Emperor Revan

Obi beat Anakin when he was at his max, why wouldn't he beat him when he's far weaker and even dumber?

because he was far weaker and less intelligant as well. and Obi was lucky to beat Anakin. Also i hate Anakin as well but at least i can admit that he was extreamly powerful. Obi-Wan is far too overrated he is not particularily strong

Fishy
He's a lot smarter then Anakin is

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i cant believe anyone even thinks anakin would win.

Darth Viktar
They were both fairly headstrong in their padawan times. Qui-Gon was headstrong, he passed it to Obi-Wan, and Obi-wan Passed it to Anakin. Which in the end this will be Anakin's downfall. As Obi-Wan got older, he lost his questioning like personality, and moved on. Anakin, becoming a knight, never lost it, and learned when he got owned more then enough times. They were both headstrong, but Obi-Wan is more powerful. Obi-Wan, hands down,

MTAPlayer
hey Obi-Wan didnt fall because they never tried to lure him to the DS, maybe because anakin was stronger they choose him instead of obi.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
maybe anakin would get owned.....

yes, yea....im getting a yes.

Darth_Frobo
obi was as powerful as anakin in his prime, why not because he was a better swordsmen or because he was a more powerful force user but because unlike anakin he ws intelligent, the difference between anakin and obi is that anakin constantly failed at everything but somehow thought he was the greatest, obi succeeded at everything and still remained humble that he wasn't that great even though he was as powerful as the chosen one when they were both in their prime.

Admiral Akbar

As did mace, he said Anakin might be the most powerful jedi, but does that mean yoda or mace would get thier asses owned by Anakin?

Darth_Frobo
Might was the operative word in that sentance if he was yoda would've gone to fight him, if you looked at the force push him and obi had equal force strength and similar saber technique. Anakins a dumbass obi wins just because he has more intelligence then your average chimp, unlike his opponent.

MTAPlayer
well, anakin is not dumb, he is proud, and that is his weakness, but who wouldnt get proud by being called all of his life by "the choosen one" and "the most powerfull jedi"
I mean, part of this is Obiwan's fault

Admiral Akbar
i cant believe anyone even thinks anakin would win.

Obi dident develop into his sorensu syle during his padawan years, and that syle mastery helped him in the fight between anakin and him. With that style he could never be touched, or so ive heard, so i regretfully say ani might have a stab at dis one.

(Anakin is very powerful on the offensive side of fighting.)

DarthCrazo
Bump

General Bondius
MMM, Anakin would win, bummer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.