Batman begins the movie..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vaya_the_elf
Ok batman Begins comes out tonight at mid-night.

Who all is going to see it?

I'm going tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Anyone dressing up?

darthmaul1
I saw it at a sneek peek on monday night
it was really good.

vaya_the_elf
Don't tell me whole lot about it.

All I want to know is .. Did you like it better than all the other
batman movies?

BadKitty
I just watched the mid-night showing and it was great!! and yeah there were people dressed up and started fighting in isles it was so funny!

I don't think anyone who likes the batman comics will be disappointed a bit...now fans of the original movies on the other hand might not like the dark grittiness of the movie,but thats exactly how I think batman was suppose to be.

I don't want to give anything away so I'll stow it...but trust me this movie rocks hard rock

Cinemaddiction
I just got back as well. I thought it was fantastic, and of course, Christian Bale was flawless, and FINALLY gave Batman the persona its been seaching for all these years. Suave, angry, dark, and totally believable.

The only thing I didn't understand/appreciate was that if this was supposed to be an actual prequel, the chronology is waaaaaaaay off.

Excellent, excellent movie.

BadKitty
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I just got back as well. I thought it was fantastic, and of course, Christian Bale was flawless, and FINALLY gave Batman the persona its been seaching for all these years. Suave, angry, dark, and totally believable.

The only thing I didn't understand/appreciate was that if this was supposed to be an actual prequel, the chronology is waaaaaaaay off.

Excellent, excellent movie. omg yes,Christian bale was perfect! I had just read another member review here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346941&highlight=batman+begins and was shocked he felt bale was a sissy,did we see the same movie?

at times he reminded me of the condescending Patrick Bateman from American Pycho (which I loved ) and is far from a sissy as any man could be.

I don't believe this movie was intended to be a actual prequel..though I'm not sure.the movie was so good it hardly matters right? smile

Cinemaddiction
Alrighty, did a review. Have a look see..I'm tired, so I hope it's coherent, lol.

BackFire
I also just returned from a midnight showing, and loved it.

Technically it's amazing, the storytelling, acting, special effects and dialogue was so much better then most comic book films that it is on a level all its own, it had almost no "cheese" factor.

Can't wait for the next one!

All in all, the best Batman film to date and probably the best comic book/superhero movie I've ever seen.

renegadedog
I'm soooo looknig forward to this. Don't know when I will be able to see it though as I don't think it's out in China yet!

jinzin
THIS WAS SOOOOO RIGHT! I can't believe I lived long enough to finally actually pay money to see a good batman movie...who knew?!?!?!

Mainstream
Originally posted by jinzin
THIS WAS SOOOOO RIGHT! I can't believe I lived long enough to finally actually pay money to see a good batman movie...who knew?!?!?!

the curse has been broken?

vaya_the_elf
Just what I wanted to hear smile

Can't wait to see it tonight. I'm dressing up. Why? because I'm a batman dork.

Paola
Jumpy I can't wait!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BadKitty
I just watched the mid-night showing and it was great!! and yeah there were people dressed up and started fighting in isles it was so funny!

I don't think anyone who likes the batman comics will be disappointed a bit...now fans of the original movies on the other hand might not like the dark grittiness of the movie,but thats exactly how I think batman was suppose to be.

I don't want to give anything away so I'll stow it...but trust me this movie rocks hard rock

More proof that I will have gotten my wish and FINALLY get to see a great Batman movie.Bakerboy himself thought Batman Begins was awesome so I know if Bakerboy loved it I know I will since we pretty much have the same agreements as well that all the previous ones sucked as some people around here know.Bakerboy told me he thought it was the best comicbook movie he ever saw.Thats saying a lot since we also have always agreed that Superman was the best comicbook movie ever made.Now hearing this from BOTH Kitty and Bakerboy,both who like me did not like any of the batman movies,I am so excited about this movie.I wont be seeing it till this saturday though.cant wait. smile

Mainstream
Originally posted by Paola
Jumpy I can't wait!

relax.. deep breathes ..but niether can I

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mainstream
the curse has been broken?

yeah it appears it has. Happy Dance I did not realise till now that there were this many people here that agreed with me that the other Batfilms sucked.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yeah it appears it has. Happy Dance I did not realise till now that there were this many people here that agreed with me that the other Batfilms sucked.

the first two were okay..the 3rd one was border line and the 4th one..let's just say it gave me nightmares for years.

jinzin
laughing out loud clooney admitted to having killed the franchise, no joke... laughing out loud

but yeah, I'm referring to this as the thankjebustheyfinallygotitright batman movie..... way way better than batman on ice in technicolor or batman and robin as it is commonly referred to...

WindDancer
A few of my friends and I were at the midnight showing and it was friggin cool. I was wearing my Batman vs Joker T-shirt, Batman Year One novel comic book, and my trusty Batman logo belt. We waited for an hour and half before entering the theatre because it was fully pack. There were so many fans with customes and memorabilia. It was just unbeliable!

I love it! And pretty much I'm out of fuel right now. I was cheering and applauding and it was energetic. Go see it! Fan or not just go see Batman Begins.

bakerboy
After of seeing this wonderful film, for me, the others batman movies doesnt exist. It was only a bad nightmare.

SpyCspider
I'm watching it on IMAX tonite.

I hope it's as good if not better than Burton's 1989 Batman.

(sits back and waits for the inevitable, totally predictable, Yawn-causing, "here-we-go again" backlash from _______) wink

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by SpyCspider
I'm watching it on IMAX tonite.

I'm also watching it on IMAX. First time too .

BadKitty
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Alrighty, did a review. Have a look see..I'm tired, so I hope it's coherent, lol. Great review Cine!
I am excited so many people are going tonight...I don't usually see movies twice but this one I think I'm going to make a exception...just hearing about everyone going is making want to see it again and again!

I loved spiderman and sin city...but as far comic book movies I really think this one beat them all...so great! big grin

Bat Dude
I haven't seen it yet. Low on the green stuff right now. Here it is good. Need money. Must see BB!

vaya_the_elf
Just saw it.

It rocks. Best so far smile

SpyCspider
same here....check out my review on the Spoiler thread if you're interested.

Kickass, indeed.

vaya_the_elf
I will check it out smile

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BadKitty
Great review Cine!
I am excited so many people are going tonight...I don't usually see movies twice but this one I think I'm going to make a exception...just hearing about everyone going is making want to see it again and again!

I loved spiderman and sin city...but as far comic book movies I really think this one beat them all...so great! big grin

I assume you meant the second film right Kitty? because I know that you hated the first film.

The Tired Hiker
The new Batman Movie was great.

Mainstream
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
The new Batman Movie was great.

so far that's what everyone be saying...that gives me comfort.

vaya_the_elf
You should go see it

Mr Parker
Just so you know Vaya,I will be seeing this movie in less than 30 minutes.Matter of fact I am leaving for the theater now. Happy Dance

vaya_the_elf
Good. You will have to tell me how you like it smile. I'm going again tonight
to see it

Mr Parker
I am in a rush now so dont have time to post my review but I saw it and FIANLLY we got a batman movie that wasnt crap,hoorya. Happy Dance

vaya_the_elf
eek! You liked it. I think the world will come to an end

Mr Parker
go check out my review of it on Bakerboys thread.I would not go as far as Bakerboy did in saying that it was the best comicbook movie ever.I still like Superman as the best comicbook film ever made, but I WILL say it is my second favorite comicbook film ever made though now. smile

ZomBiE_HunTER
This movie has made me a fan of Batman I was nevered really crazy about him because I nevered knew how it all started but watching the movie help knowing what makes him Batman. And is there any official news about the sequel.

LousyBoy
no official news. whatever rumors are going around right now, are just rumors. Goyer and Nolan definately will surprise us. They did a couple of time in the movie, in fact.

joserael
Batman Begins....is really great....perfect.....the best one of the five

Bye....my friends

HECK
I dug the movie, totally. I can finally get past that Joel Shumacher crap-o-la that was Batman & Robin.

One thing that bugs in 'Begins' is Katie Holmes, the girl is annoying. Is it just me or does she deliver her lines out of one side of her mouth?

-HECK!

SpyCspider
lol....my gf and her friends said the same exact thing bout Katie HOlmes in the movie. I didn't mind her role THAT much...cept how young she looked. She actually had as much screen time as Kim Basinger in BAtman 1989.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.