Steel: The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nigel45
I recently saw the movie "Steel" on tv, the film adaptation of the DC character of the same name. It stars Shaquille Oneil in the title role.

It's not a very well known movie, and it's not a very good movie. In fact, it pretty much sucks in every single aspect. And yet, watching it I couldn't help but feel like there was some major potential there. Shaq can't act, we all know this, but he looks a hell of alot like Steel should look. If they had given him some damn lessons, I think he could have pulled off the character pretty well.

Also, they totally powered him down to some street level gangbuster. Can't even fly. In fact, I think that was the film's biggest flaw.

But fix those things, I bet this would have been good.

Back on point: Did anyone else see this? Thoughts, comments?

Bishop X
It sucked.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Bishop X
It sucked.

it hurt my feeling it was so bad.

nigel45
Originally posted by Bishop X
It sucked.

Completely.

But it made me want to see what a good version would be like.

booper
I agree

pr1983
ive seen better, ive seen worse...

a better version would be sweet though...

nigel45
Originally posted by pr1983

a better version would be sweet though...

That's what I'm saying. I'm not sure what it was, but at some point watching that movie I was just like "Man, they are soooo close".

pr1983
Originally posted by nigel45
That's what I'm saying. I'm not sure what it was, but at some point watching that movie I was just like "Man, they are soooo close".

yeah...

Mainstream
they should have went the black iron man superman route.

nigel45
I'm not sure I entirely follow you Mainstream, but if you're saying that they should have tied him in more with Superman with Iron Man level armors, than I completely agree.

Scoobless
Originally posted by pr1983

THAT'S A DAMN LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!

where could you possibly have seen worse?

sick

nigel45
Originally posted by Scoobless
THAT'S A DAMN LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!

where could you possibly have seen worse?

sick

Howard the Duck.

long pig
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! What was wrong with Howard the Duck? stick out tongue

Scoobless
Howard the Duck rules!

how can you even think of comparing it to Steel?

nigel45
Hey, maybe now I would think better of it.

But 8 year old me was none too pleased.

BENITO
Originally posted by Mainstream
it hurt my feeling it was so bad.

It was ok not good enough for my DVD collection but Good enough to recorded of the Tv.

True Sinister
This movie wasGarbage

nigel45
Originally posted by BENITO
It was ok not good enough for my DVD collection but Good enough to recorded of the Tv.

Did they even bother making this a dvd?

BENITO
Did they even bother making this a dvd?

Don't think so but you might if you look hard enough

Nataku8188
Hey, maybe now I would think better of it.

But 8 year old me was none too pleased.

That's cause 8 year old you didn't get half the jokes.

ragesRemorse
I am inclined to say that steel is the second to worse comic book movie ever made. There is not ONE good thing about the movie. It failed at every aspect that a movie can fail at. The only comic flick worse than steel is the original fantastic four movie.

munkiesarus
Steel...it rings a bell. This is the one where the family's restaurant was an integral role of the plot or so?

nigel45
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Steel...it rings a bell. This is the one where the family's restaurant was an integral role of the plot or so?

No.

nigel45
Originally posted by Nataku8188
That's cause 8 year old you didn't get half the jokes.

Point taken.

Alright, if you guys are all so sure, I'll watch it again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.