How the films should of been

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz jedi
I hate the way STAR WARS was debuted and the titles. The debut and titles should be like this:

STAR WARS

Trilogy 1: The Clone War

AOTC-ep 1, A Faraway Battle AFB
(140 mins of the) Clone Wars series-ep 2, The Droid's Secret Weapon TDSW
ROTS-ep 3

Trilogy 2: The Empire War

ANH-ep 4
TESB-ep 5
ROTJ-ep 6

Triogy 3: The Dark War

TFH-ep 7, A Great Threat AGT
TRIC-ep 8
VOTF-ep 9

TPM-ep 0

This way everything shall be about Anikin Skywalker and there would be lots of fans watching it especially on TPM debut at the end. It might spoil TESB ending but who cares? This would make a lot more sense.

gentmax
Originally posted by xyz jedi
I hate the way STAR WARS was debuted and the titles.

Hate leads to darkness.

Boris
Confusing...

DeVi| D0do
I'm happy with the way it was done...

Red Superfly
What the hell............

What the f**k?

mossman
I hate the way STAR WARS was debuted and the titles.

Yeah, it's not as if they were incredibly lucrative or popular enough as they were or anything...

no expression roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess that's why Lucas is a successful director, and we're all sat here on our cans discussing his work.

Darth Travizzle
Ya it's good the way it's done now.

xyz jedi
I still think it was released at a stupid time. If it was released like this:

AFB - 1977
TDSW - 1981
ROTS - 1985
ANH - 1990
TESB - 1994
ROTJ - 1998
AGT - 2003
TRIC - 2007
VOTF - 2011
TPM - 2020

There would be more fans and when Darth Vader dies everyone would cry and love it sooooooooooooooooooo much!
Even though it isn't 2020 and people think the world will end next year is beside the point.

xyz jedi
Then they would be digitally masterred into 3D graphics 2015

SithSpy
k, a few problems here, 1, the films would suffer greatly, SFX in 77' were only up to par with what was needed in ANH, and if you want to show these huge wars, well, it was impossible, secondly, your just makin your own stuff up here, thirdly.......ahh F*ck it confused wacko

xyz jedi
Okay okay. Gl didn't have enough money I accept that. He could of waited then and done it in 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2011, 2015 for TPM. It would make more sense. Also the 3D version of it would be really cool.

Darth Travizzle
ok dude. He made episodes 4-6 first because GL probably wanted you to be like" so that's what happened" and stuff like that.

xyz jedi
I don't think so.

Darth Travizzle
Then you tell me why you think he did that.

Darth Vegas
That is the most retarded idea I've ever read on this board.

It's fine the way it is.

Boris
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
That is the most retarded idea I've ever read on this board.
yes
And what the fudge are these... AFB, TDSW, AGT, TRIC, and VOTF? confused

mossman
The fact is, Lucas set out to write one screenplay.
It started out, as most scripts do, as a vague plot outline.
It got bigger, and bigger, and bigger without getting anymore refined.

Lucas realised that he was going to have to focus on the most refined part of the plot outline and concentrate on getting that screenplay written.
He has been quoted as saying he envisioned a 12-part saga, a nine-part saga and a six-part saga at various times in the past - the fact of the matter is, in 1976 he had once screenplay and a load of notes.
Notes for a backstory for his screenplay, and notes detailing the more refined tale he had whittled down into the original Star Wars screenplay.

There was no Episode IV, no hint at a serialisation, just work on a film called "Star Wars".
When the film was released there was no Episode IV subtitle, not hint at a serialization, just Star Wars - a condensed version of ALL of the ideas Lucas had touched upon in his early treatments.

It was only after SW became a phenomenon that the "Episode IV: A New Hope" subtitle was added and Lucas got the greenlight to go ahead with his planned sequels.

Whatever was said, and has been said over the years - it is clear that Lucas intended to go back and knock the backstory into shape at some point - otherwise he would not have gone with the "Episode IV" thing.

But that is retty much the start and the end of it, he started in the middle, because that was the part he had written and developed and was interested in making.
He simply left himself the option of going back and making the prequels if he wanted to.

All these "What if"s - what if he'd made Episode I first? What if he'd used a different cast? What if he'd split Star Wars into 18 parts instead of six? etc etc - they are a waste of time becuase.... He didn't.

Star Wars is a phenomenon.
It accounts for six of the top 25 highest grossing movies of all time.

Seriously - it couldn't have been any better.
Just get on with it and enjoy it...

And if you think you could have done it better, then by all means go ahead and prove it.
But don't come back until YOU have six films in the all-time top ten yourself, otherwise you haven't really done any better, have you?

smile

SithSpy
Amen to mossman yes and a HUGGEEEEEEE WTF!?!?! to XYZ no

Bardock42
I hate the way STAR WARS was debuted and the titles. The debut and titles should be like this:

STAR WARS

Trilogy 1: The Clone War

AOTC-ep 1, A Faraway Battle AFB
(140 mins of the) Clone Wars series-ep 2, The Droid's Secret Weapon TDSW
ROTS-ep 3

Trilogy 2: The Empire War

ANH-ep 4
TESB-ep 5
ROTJ-ep 6

Triogy 3: The Dark War

TFH-ep 7, A Great Threat AGT
TRIC-ep 8
VOTF-ep 9

TPM-ep 0

This way everything shall be about Anikin Skywalker and there would be lots of fans watching it especially on TPM debut at the end. It might spoil TESB ending but who cares? This would make a lot more sense.
Are you the famous Supershadow eek!

mossman
Yeah - what's with all of these crazy acronyms anyway?
TFH?, TRIC?, VOTF?

Star Wars, Episode VII: The Fun House?

Star Wars, Episode VIII: The Rice is Cooked?

Star Wars, Episode IX: Voles on the Fire?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.