The current state of the GDF

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
I've been coming to KMC for a couple of months now, and have been noticing a trend.

It seems that more and more frequently we are having people join and post in threads that are doing so for no other reason than to cause disention or frustration of other members for their own amusement.

There used to be a member here called Philosophicus (who I assume that I can talk about for he has been banned for life) who often did this very thing. However, when found out by any mod he was quickly disciplined.

Now we have members who routinely call other members idiots. We have trolls who eventually get under even the most relaxed members' skins and we have other members who have confused debate and discussion with personal attack and open hostility.

I love a good argument just as much as the next guy, but I am getting sick of hostile posts that are written for nothing more than to incite an equally hostile reaction.

Any comments?

Clovie
GDF is stiff doing much better than OTF erm

And I agree, but i hope it will get back to nice and peaceful normal soon.

silver_tears
The mods are missing in action, Raz has been gone who knows how long, and the others are too. It's getting lax because of this. erm

botankus
A big part of the problem (which I don't have a huge problem with it or anything like that) is that many of the threads have similar themes.

Many of them, and I'm sure Clovie would agree, are about the USA/Bush/Liberals - you name it. No problem with that, but it also limits the variety in thread topics. These topics are more sensitive to people than others, and since there is an abundance of them, it seems a bit more overwhelmed with hostility and name-calling, which should not be allowed anyways (direct name-calling, that is!).

Bottom line, more variety in thread topics. No one can do that except the members.

PVS
the way it is, the way it was, and the way it always shall be.
what annoys me is when people simply post in threads with topics
they dont like, and since they have no descent argument to present,
and no ideas to put forth (you know....a debate....the whole frikin point of this) they decide to instead throw the topic off or, like you said, piss everyone off in an attempt to close the thread.

i find this tactic to be so immature it makes bill oreilly's technique of debate seem sound. i think it would be like (in a TV debate scenario) if someone just jumped on camera during a political debate and started yelling "YOU SUCK!!!! YOU'RE A JACKASS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA" or "SO...how about them yankees, huh? looking good this season!.......how about this weather?.....SAVE THE WHALES!!!!!".

by using this method of promoting a total lack of debate, they not only annoy their opponents (not that they legitimately have an opponent) but they make everyone on the side they claim to represent look like idiots, which i'm positive is not welcome...im sure i wouldnt want someone like that speaking for me anyway.

my 2 cents

KharmaDog
Hands PVS his 1 cent change....just jokin' man wink

Neo_Version 7
I have KMC right where I want it.

*Evil Laugh*

I will prevail.

Neo_Version 7
By the way, I'm crashing the KillerMovies Community Forums.

Cheers Charlie!

§P0oONY
I like the GDF it takes me away from the immaturity of the OTF.. but recently it has been becoming pretty hostile, well in some of the threads I have been viewing at least

Bardock42
Hmm I agree (well only if PVS didn't mean me by that stick out tongue) ... The GDF is getting kind of low...but I think it is because the Threads are not as interesting anymore.....or like botankus said...they are the same threads over and over again...
As for Philosophicus I liked his style it wasn't that bad....and the Philosophy forum was still a lot better sad

Storm
Originally posted by PVS
the way it is, the way it was, and the way it always shall be.
what annoys me is when people simply post in threads with topics
they dont like, and since they have no descent argument to present,
and no ideas to put forth (you know....a debate....the whole frikin point of this) they decide to instead throw the topic off or, like you said, piss everyone off in an attempt to close the thread.

i find this tactic to be so immature it makes bill oreilly's technique of debate seem sound. i think it would be like (in a TV debate scenario) if someone just jumped on camera during a political debate and started yelling "YOU SUCK!!!! YOU'RE A JACKASS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA" or "SO...how about them yankees, huh? looking good this season!.......how about this weather?.....SAVE THE WHALES!!!!!".

by using this method of promoting a total lack of debate, they not only annoy their opponents (not that they legitimately have an opponent) but they make everyone on the side they claim to represent look like idiots, which i'm positive is not welcome...im sure i wouldnt want someone like that speaking for me anyway.

my 2 cents
Not the way it was at all! And you have had your share in it as well.

DeRFmAn
I'll admit that I'm guilty of personal attacks or doing stuff just to get another member excited but usually I'm just joking. I'm not a very serious person, but sometimes people idiocy annoys me and I let them know....not that its my place to, but sometimes I feel like it should be done. Anyway if my name pops into your mind when you think of stuff like this I apologize but its just how I am from time to time, but I think for the most part I'm pretty laid back.

Storm
Always respect your opponent in a debate. If your opponent does not deserve respect, it will become obvious to the audience. But if you, as speaker, disrespect your opponent, then it will be you who loses the respect of the audience, even if it is your opponent who deserved the disrespect.

I' ve lost my respect for a lot of members.

Fire
Storm's right, it used to be a lot different, a lot better than that.

KD with a little luck it will change when Raz gets back

PVS
Originally posted by Storm
Not the way it was at all! And you have had your share in it as well.

i attempt to derail threads because i dont like the topic?
post a link to where i use this tactic or keep your accusations to yourself please.

Storm
When I spoke of having your share it it as well I was referring to hositle posts.

Jackie Malfoy
It should.It is just a fab that will be hopfully over soon.JM

PVS
Originally posted by Storm
When I spoke of having your share it it as well I was referring to hositle posts.

oh ok. you quoted my post which refers to the tactic by the unsilent minority
to stop all conversation as a means of 'winning'. thus the misunderstanding.

WindDancer
It is understandble that sometimes people lose their patience and snap at other members for their opinion. And we constanly ask the members to please keep the topic going and not engage in pointless fights. After all this is only a message board. We keep asking you folks to please avoid getting into fights with trolls. We also ask that you guys report any troublemakers. Any available global mod will handle the situation. All we ask is that you keep insults or bashing out of the forums.

KidRock
GDF seems fine to me.

Big Evil
I blame it on several factors.

#1: You liberals. You fricking liberals are the reason EVERYTHING happens. I bet you all invented cancer..

#2: I partialy blame myself. For not being hard-ass enough on you jerks lol..

BackFire
Since us mods have a life outside of this forum (we do this for free, on our spare time) it is essential that you report whatever abuse you see so we can find it easily and efficiently and do what is necessary.

Also, posts like the above post is what's causing problems a lot of the time. Someone will make a generalized and blatantly incorrect statement just for the pathetic reason of getting attention on a message board. If everyone could A) report comments such as the one above, and B) Ignore them and recognize them as nothing worth responding too, then much of the troubles the OP is speaking of will fix themselves.

Big Evil, this thread is not about liberal bashing, no matter how much you want it to be, so keep those comments to yourself.

yerssot
Originally posted by BackFire
Since us mods have a life outside of this forum...
that reminds me... put me down for Saturday night, handsome wink

BackFire
Done and done, I have the whips and the whipped cream ready.

Deano
Originally posted by Big Evil
I blame it on several factors.

#1: You liberals. You fricking liberals are the reason EVERYTHING happens. I bet you all invented cancer..

#2: I partialy blame myself. For not being hard-ass enough on you jerks lol..

the elite make vaccines to cause cancer
no surprise
40 years ago it was unheard of for anyone under the age of 80 to have cancer
now everyone seems to have it

ShotgunWes
Cancer sucks

Lana
Originally posted by Deano
the elite make vaccines to cause cancer
no surprise
40 years ago it was unheard of for anyone under the age of 80 to have cancer
now everyone seems to have it

Um...where did you get THAT from?

And what relevance does that have anyway?

PVS
and yet another decent thread dies because of member bashing.
discussion is killed, troll is left unchecked.

f*** this

BackFire
Troll was not left unchecked.

PVS
oh thank god!!!!!!

smile

thank you backfire

Tptmanno1
Nicely done.

Bardock42
Oh yes...I know it...its going to be sock time again.....

Deano
Originally posted by Lana
Um...where did you get THAT from?

And what relevance does that have anyway?

relevent to people who dont wanna have cancer
http://www.sacredcow.com/media/link...ur_death_sm.ram

there is nothin wrong with the GDF..it seems fine

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh yes...I know it...its going to be sock time again.....

no doubt erm

sad

BackFire
Sock would be fine, then his ban would be changed to permanent.

Big Evil
Troll didn't have to be checked at all, if eveyone just treated me NICE i'd be alot less b-itchy to everyone. Why do you think I stopped bashing? Cause he asked me NICELY to stop..

A little love go's a long way.. Why do you think Jackie is my wittle snuggle-bunny? ^.^

Big Evil
relevent to people who dont wanna have cancer
http://www.sacredcow.com/media/link...ur_death_sm.ram

there is nothin wrong with the GDF..it seems fine
File not found.

If it has to do with madcow I'm a vegetarian anyway..

Deano
All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent.Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything
inside the thread unless it's absolutely necessary. And three...,be nice.

Deano
File not found.

If it has to do with madcow I'm a vegetarian anyway..

http://www.sacredcow.com/media/links/alex/enjoy_your_death_sm.ram
shud work blink

Big Evil
Still not working for me.

Deano
well i suppose if u can be bothered..go to http://dissidents.us/Video%20Page/Alex%20Jones%20Archive.htm

and click on ''about vaccines'' at the bottom of the page

BackFire
Topic guys, this is not about a theory about cancer.

Deano
Topic guys, this is not about a theory about cancer.

whus the madda?!

BackFire
?

Deano
?

roughly translated

''whats the matter''?

jaden101
i cant believe that i've just read 3 pages of posts all of which amount to "it isn't me thats f*cking up the discussion with insults...it must be someone else"

GCG
i dont believe that if i had to give a reason, it would change things on the state of the GDF.

Brings to mind that thread-rot issue wink

Only that here it degenerates into KMC's mud slinging contest

jaden101
ssshhh...da shamen is everywhere...he sees us always

http://movies.galaraf.net/LOTR/TT/15-Mordor.jpg

laughing

GCG
Originally posted by jaden101
ssshhh...da shamen is everywhere...he sees us always

http://movies.galaraf.net/LOTR/TT/15-Mordor.jpg

laughing

Oh I am sure that if he would have been here he would have already made a noise by now laughing

finti
just have to comment on this one,what a load of crap.
Now we can get back to topic

DeRFmAn
Originally posted by finti
just have to comment on this one,what a load of crap.
Now we can get back to topic indeed....

I dunno this forum is ok I've been on better ones but this one is awesome too...I think a big part of it is the younger members, they get pretty bad sometimes but I'm not trying to say its just them. Anyway I forgot my point....

IceWithin
Im not hostile... most of the time, well i only say things like "how ****ing retarted are you?" but thats only cause I was talking to the biggest hypocrite on earth.

botankus
I will take 99.9% of the blame for the state of the GDF. The other 0.1% no doubt falls on Kharma.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by botankus
I will take 99.9% of the blame for the state of the GDF. The other 0.1% no doubt falls on Kharma.

laughing

IceWithin
Since us mods have a life outside of this forum (we do this for free, on our spare time) it is essential that you report whatever abuse you see so we can find it easily and efficiently and do what is necessary.

Also, posts like the above post is what's causing problems a lot of the time. Someone will make a generalized and blatantly incorrect statement just for the pathetic reason of getting attention on a message board. If everyone could A) report comments such as the one above, and B) Ignore them and recognize them as nothing worth responding too, then much of the troubles the OP is speaking of will fix themselves.

Big Evil, this thread is not about liberal bashing, no matter how much you want it to be, so keep those comments to yourself.

if u wanna to reduce the number of "offensive arguments" u have to warn Big Evil, in like EVERY post he makes, he makes fun of liberals, he even opened a thread, seriously the guy just cant get on topic, and wait u disagree with him and he accused u of attacking him and raping him laughing out loud

debbiejo
Raping Him?...Guess I missed that...

OMMMMM OMMMMMM OMMMMM.....Workis great for anger.

Cinemaddiction
Troll didn't have to be checked at all, if eveyone just treated me NICE i'd be alot less b-itchy to everyone. Why do you think I stopped bashing? Cause he asked me NICELY to stop..

A little love go's a long way.. Why do you think Jackie is my wittle snuggle-bunny? ^.^

Everyone treat YOU nice? Goddamn, Big Evil! I have absolutely had it with you, frankly. Never before has a KMC user pissed me off as you have. Why don't you stop letting your crippling paranoia and fits self-alienation stop run your seemingly miserable existence, get off of your anti-liberal high horse, this being a movie forum, and try to ENJOY YOURSELF! The whole stalker gimmick, as complimentary to your socially deviated persona as it may be, doesn't set well with others. The amount of sheer audacity that you put out everytime your fingers have stroked this keyboard never ceases to amaze me.

You're a cancer of this board, and as of late, I think YOU sir are the great Satan of the GDF, lending to the general decline. Knowing you, though, you'll take it as a compliment. Grow up, grow out of your paranoia, and enjoy life. I'll leave you with a line my girlfriend once said to me when she was on the brink of leaving.

"Can you just not be yourself for once..?"

..and to think YOU called me insensitive.

botankus
Preach on, Cory!

BTW, why are you letting PVS post under your user name?

KharmaDog
Happy DanceTestify brother Cinemaddiction! Testify! Happy Dance
dance dance dance dance dance

IceWithin
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Everyone treat YOU nice? Goddamn, Big Evil! I have absolutely had it with you, frankly. Never before has a KMC user pissed me off as you have. Why don't you stop letting your crippling paranoia and fits self-alienation stop run your seemingly miserable existence, get off of your anti-liberal high horse, this being a movie forum, and try to ENJOY YOURSELF! The whole stalker gimmick, as complimentary to your socially deviated persona as it may be, doesn't set well with others. The amount of sheer audacity that you put out everytime your fingers have stroked this keyboard never ceases to amaze me.

You're a cancer of this board, and as of late, I think YOU sir are the great Satan of the GDF, lending to the general decline. Knowing you, though, you'll take it as a compliment. Grow up, grow out of your paranoia, and enjoy life. I'll leave you with a line my girlfriend once said to me when she was on the brink of leaving.

"Can you just not be yourself for once..?"

..and to think YOU called me insensitive.

go cine, go cine, go go, go cine!

Bardock42
Love him or hate him but BE made the GDF a lot more fun ....

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
Love him or hate him but BE made the GDF a lot more ....

sorry, i just needed to correct your spelling error smile

botankus
LOL @ ^^

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
sorry, i just needed to correct your spelling error smile
laughing

Well, it can be both can't it.

Big Evil
I think YOU sir are the great Satan of the GDF,
You heard it here folks! \m/ evil face \m/

PVS
more like satan's retarded cousin

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
more like satan's retarded cousin
I contacted him on a Ouija board once. We were talking and he sounded, "Darheeeharrrhuuuurrrrrr...IS PLASTIC OKAY?"

PVS
i retract my last post...since i really shouldnt be so insulting....

...towards retarded people

Deano
man you come straight out of a comic book..

jaden101
yeah...the viz

Cinemaddiction

http://www.thecinemalaser.com/image_2004/05/etd73-se-dvd-i-05.jpg

Yeah. Don't me get Jim Kelly on yo' ass.

Deano
http://www.thecinemalaser.com/image_2004/05/etd73-se-dvd-i-05.jpg

Yeah. Don't me get Jim Kelly on yo' ass.

i wish i knew who he was...but some things you arnt meant to know

Cinemaddiction

i wish i knew who he was...but some things you arnt meant to know

You're kidding! Jim Kelly, the guy I pictured, was "Williams" in "Enter the Dragon", and he said "Man, you're straight out of a comic book" to Mr. Han in his office, right before he took him on. I figured that's where you got it from.

Deano
You're kidding! Jim Kelly, the guy I pictured, was "Williams" in "Enter the Dragon", and he said "Man, you're straight out of a comic book" to Mr. Han in his office, right before he took him on. I figured that's where you got it from.

oh lol!
yeh i got it from that movie
didnt know the actors name though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.