Batman Begins: My Review

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
Just had a staff preview in the cinema I work in and I have to say, Im still buzzing from the film now so I doubt this review will be very objective...

Batman Begins basically makes the other four Batman movies look like the 1960s TV series. It had all of the darkness from the Tim Burton original and then some. The cast were phenominal, didn't seem to be competing for the spotlight like some reviewers have made out, I thought there was an equilibrium.

The depth of the characters is what really makes the movie, we are show all of the intricacies of Bruce Wayne/Batman's psyche and the villains are also very thought provoking.

The action and suspense sequences really get the adrenaline pumping, the choreography in the fight scenes is unbeliveable, but there is so much more to the movie than these sequences; I even found parts of it very moving.

Batman Begins is certainly one for the fans, its everything the other Batman movies should have been.... Film of the year thus far IMO!

colossus17
it didnt have this edge...yes it was logical and made sense.....and brought all this facts and things together..but it just wasent "grand".....it didnt have this edge that spiderman did...but still it was a great movie

Cinemaddiction
Spiderman? Edgy? That's hilarious.

spetznaz
Watched the movie Wednesday night. One word ...wow! The only way they could have made it better would have been to start showing the sequel the moment the movie ended.
Perfect.

spetznaz
Originally posted by colossus17
it didnt have this edge...yes it was logical and made sense.....and brought all this facts and things together..but it just wasent "grand".....it didnt have this edge that spiderman did...but still it was a great movie
Spiderman! Edgy!
LOL.

spetznaz
And another thing. This movie made me forgive and forget the last 2 Batman movies (B: Forever and Batman and Robin). It also makes the first 2 Batman movies, which were considered ok to good, seem flat! It is actually THAT good.
I'm quite surprised they managed to get it together so perfectly.
And Batman is THE MAN.

Darth_Nefarus
The fact is it's a new story, a new direction and that was risky, but they nailed it. Every bit of it.

ApolloX
Im seeing it Staurday. So can Batman turn his head sideways?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by spetznaz
And another thing. This movie made me forgive and forget the last 2 Batman movies (B: Forever and Batman and Robin). It also makes the first 2 Batman movies, which were considered ok to good, seem flat! It is actually THAT good.
I'm quite surprised they managed to get it together so perfectly.
And Batman is THE MAN.

I thought all the Batman movies were horrible and from all the people that I have talked with that felt the same way about them,they have all said that this film makes you forget the horrible franchise of the four films thats why I am excited about seeing it this weekend. Happy Dance It will be great to see a Batman film that will make me forget that nightmare franchise of Burtons and Schumachers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.