Anybody here not planning to see Batman Begins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I ask that because I have noticed that some people here have spiderman listed in their favorite movies list but but not Batman and I also know that for some reason there has always been this rivalry and jeoulousy of Batman and spidey fans on which character is better.I have never have understood that.I mean if people dont like Batman and love spidey as a character fine, and vise versa.I personally think they are the two best comicbook characters ever and I plan to see Batman Begins this weekend.Just wondering how many spidey fans there are here in this section who plan to NOT see it? raise your hands,dont be shy. big grin If so,why?

spencerspider
i hate batman but i will probably go see it i go see a lot of movies

Mr Parker
Well its good to see someone who hates the character give it a chance.Yeah thats how I am with Xmen,I hate them but I saw the movie just because I see movies all the time. big grin

28Dave37
sorry but waht do you mean on your sig, what organics are you talking about? I am new to spidey.

doctorstrongbad
Well the lats 4 batman movies have been garbage, so I'm not going to see part 5. I'm not a big fan of batman. "Oh no my parents died.. let me cry about it for over 70's years" Please. Why are you talking about Batman on a spider-man site.?

Bardock42
Originally posted by 28Dave37
sorry but waht do you mean on your sig, what organics are you talking about? I am new to spidey.

He means thatg it was not a good idea to make his web self-produce...I personally don'tr see the big deal...but oh well.

Next Venom_girl
In the comics, Spidey uses his scientifically brilliant mind to create amazing mechanisms called webshooters that allow him to swing around and web up bad guys. In the movies, rather than worry about that particular part of the backstory, they just had him grow organic webshooters in his arms as part of a genetic mutation. Organics do exist in the comics but only when he's mutating into a monster (i.e. Man-Spider or Spider-Venom).

---

I might see Batman, because it sounds like mom actually sounded interested in it, and that it's supposed to be "better" then the campy "Batfamily" movies. I'm more interested in the Fantastic 4 movie, though. I know more about Bats then the 4 but I the 4 trailer was cooler. stick out tongue

Doc Ock
I just saw it today.

It kicks the asses of both the Spider-Man movies IMO.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Doc Ock
I just saw it today.

It kicks the asses of both the Spider-Man movies IMO.

this coming from doc ock....it must truly be a movie to be seen...so what everyone thought on Robin being added into this new era of Batman films?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Mainstream
this coming from doc ock....it must truly be a movie to be seen...so what everyone thought on Robin being added into this new era of Batman films?

And I am more of a Spidey than Batman fan.

But truth is truth.This movie was so faithful to the Batman comics.The story was compelling and the actors were ALL superb.

The same cannot be said for the Spider-Man movies unfortunately.

hotsauce6548
While I wouldn't say it was *better*, per say, than the Spider-Man movies (my favorite movies of all time everness!), it is definetly on par with them.

I used to hate Batman... now I'm a believer!

Oh, and doctorstrongbad, it isn't part 5. This one is starting from the beginning, creating a franchise all its own, hence the name 'Batman Begins.'

GGgrievous725
ive been scared by the dumbness of the last batman movies except the first but i might try it why is this on a spidey forum

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Mainstream

Yeah to hear this from YOU Doc,I am really excited about this movie which I will be seeing tomorrow. Happy Dance

Mr Parker
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Well the lats 4 batman movies have been garbage, so I'm not going to see part 5. I'm not a big fan of batman. "Oh no my parents died.. let me cry about it for over 70's years" Please. Why are you talking about Batman on a spider-man site.?

But thats WHY you should see the movie because this one looks to appear to not be garbage.But then again you love those horrible spiderman movies so much that you might find it to be garbage. big grin The ONLY reason it is here instead of the Batman section is because it is just for the posters like spencer spider and next venom girl to post on.People who are NOT Batman fans.Im just interested in hearing THEIR thoughts on if they are going to see it or not? which I dont think venom girl answered yet when she posted.its not a thread to come on to and talk about what you thought about the movie,if you liked it or not.Leave that for the Batman section.shame on you DOC. big grin again,its just for the people like spenCer spider and next venom girl,,ect.people who are not Batman fans to post if they are going to see it or not,thats all,nothing else.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by hotsauce6548

Oh, and doctorstrongbad, it isn't part 5. This one is starting from the beginning, creating a franchise all its own, hence the name 'Batman Begins.'

Its still the 5th batman movie and it features the 4th batman in 5 movies. I heard that they make references to the other batman movies. I also heard that they hint at the fact that batman is gay. I have not and will not see the movie.

Mr Parker
Your making a huge mistake Doc.

doctorstrongbad
Nah I'm good, I'll save my money for the fantastic four. That will be a great movie.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah to hear this from YOU Doc,I am really excited about this movie which I will be seeing tomorrow. Happy Dance

And so you should be wink

I saw it again today.It was even better on the second viewing.

doctorstrongbad
Okay so people who saw batman 5 do they refer to the other 4 movies? Do they imply that he is gay?

Doc Ock
Okay so people who saw batman 5 do they refer to the other 4 movies? Do they imply that he is gay?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's not Batman 5 it's a complete restart to the franchise.

And as for the gay thing.Shut your stupid mouth.

vaya_the_elf
Personally I love both batman and spiderman. I'm a bigger batman fan though.

Batman begins is actually better than all the other batman movies. Its really good.

I like the spiderman movies also.

If you want to see a good movie go see it

Next Venom_girl
Yeah, I'm thinking of seeing it.

Mr Parker
Good.thanks for coming back and answering my question.After all,this thread was dedicated to folks like you. big grin

The Ones
i hate batman. i dont even think this movie will make me love it. personaly im saving my money and am seeing war of the worlds and fantastic 4 instead of batman

Scoobless
i just got back from watching Batman Begins..... it's much better than any of the previous Batman films....... it is, in fact, pretty damn cool!

big grin

Morning_Glory
Ive heard this movie is good.. but I really dont want to see this movie...

The Ones
my thoughts exactly glory

TheFilmProphet
I've seen Batman Begins twice and there aren't enough words in the English dictionary to explain how I truly feel. My review can be read at the link below my sig.

LousyBoy
yeah.. seriously. Only a small percentage of people dont like this movie, its actually really a good movie that happens to be about Batman.

bakerboy
Im a spider man fan and a batman fan and i love both characters. I saw batman beggins and its amazing, great, fantastic. Just the opposite than those stupid man spider movies that were as bad as hell and as the other stupid previous batman movies, that where bad movies and totally infaithfull to the origin source.
And for doctor strongbad or whatever is his name. Dude,what the hell are you talking about? Batman beggins is a re-start of the franchise, not a sequel. There are only one or two references to the tim burton movies, but minor references. And batman is gay? sure, a guy who are all the time with hot chicks in parties and gets women like kim bassinguer, michelle pfeiffer, nicole kidman, uma thurman, elle macpherson or katie holmes must be gay.

Red Superfly
Its still the 5th batman movie and it features the 4th batman in 5 movies. I heard that they make references to the other batman movies. I also heard that they hint at the fact that batman is gay. I have not and will not see the movie.

What the hell?

What websites have you been reading? www.iamanidiot.com?

It isn't the 5th Batman either, it's a fresh start.

The other four "don't exist."

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Red Superfly
What the hell?

What websites have you been reading? www.iamanidiot.com?

It isn't the 5th Batman either, it's a fresh start.

The other four "don't exist."

I heard it on the TV it was on Jimmy Kimmel Live. It might off been a joke, that's why I was asking. I was thinking about seeing it if they give hints that he is gay.. because that would be so funny. smile

Scoobless
I heard it on the TV it was on Jimmy Kimmel Live. It might off been a joke, that's why I was asking. I was thinking about seeing it if they give hints that he is gay.. because that would be so funny. smile

i never noticed any hints of gayness...... or any references to the other films.... but i wasn't really looking for any

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Scoobless
i never noticed any hints of gayness...... or any references to the other films.... but i wasn't really looking for any

Oh okay well your the first person to let me know. Thanks. smile

hotsauce6548
No, they did not hint that Batman was gay.

So there... you can stop asking now.

Red Superfly
Seriously. WTF. As if anyone could believe that.

Mr Parker
So The ones and Morning Glory,how come you are not going to see the movie? With The ones,it sounds like you hate the character Of Batman so much that your not seeing it because of that,is that correct? Hey I hate the xmen but I saw it anyways.that shouldnt stop you.How about you Morning Glory,how come YOU have no desire to see it? btw,I will be seeing this movie in about an hour and will give my review of it over in the Batman section on what I thought of it later this week. smile

come on people,again this thread is just for the people like the Venomgirl and The Ones,people that are not batman fans,if THEY are going to see the movie or not and what their reasons are for not seeing it.If people cant keep this thread on topic,I guess I will have to pm a mod to close it.

Red Superfly
Some people I went with to Batman Begins didn't really care about Batman at all - they came out saying "wow Batman is f*cking cool" after seeing the movie.

I was stood there saying "I told you so".

Maybe one day people will grow up and realise Batman is the best superhero of them all, or at least one of them. His story is second to none.

Darth_Nefarus
I have always liked Spider Man better than Batman, now I am questioning that after seeing Batman begins. He does Ninja shit that Spider Man barely can do.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
He does Ninja shit that Spider Man barely can do.

hehehe..that's cuz Spidey never took martial arts lessons or ninjitsu so obviously he couldn't do ninja sh*t. I always found the idea of Spidey to be really funny. He got bitten by a radioactive Spider.....got all these enhanced abilities and decided after catching the burgular who killed his uncle, he could become a crimefighter. Not like he was good at fighting to begin with..no formal training, not like he trains to fight bullies at school (he always gets beaten up pre-Spidey), nada. And even after being bitten, he doesn't go seek out guidance.

But now that he's got agility, spider-sense, immense strength, he probably decided he's much more powerful than the average criminal and a few simple punches and kicks will do. He's a self-taught warrior who probably made plenty of mistakes along the way. I remember in the early issues when he had trouble judging the force in which to strike an opponent.....when to pull punches and whatnot.

doctorstrongbad
Well I am not going to see the movie. Anybody who wants to join me your more than welcome. We should start a slogan or something. That would be cool.

Scoobless
Well I am not going to see the movie. Anybody who wants to join me your more than welcome. We should start a slogan or something. That would be cool.

you should go... it's really good.... i'll probably go again this week

doctorstrongbad
Nah I'm good, I'm not going to see it. The first four were really bad.

FLIPMODE
Im a hardcore Batman Fan. And I must say that the Spidey Films Trample, Batman Begins...BIG TIME. Bats has nothing on Spidey, at least not with this latest film.

Yes it sucked.

Scoobless
i'm not a huge Batfan.... whether or not the film sticks perfectly to the comic history or not (which it probably doesn't.... there's no way to stick to 60 years worth of history in a comic film)....... the fact remains that it IS a good film

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I have always liked Spider Man better than Batman, now I am questioning that after seeing Batman begins. He does Ninja shit that Spider Man barely can do.

Well cant blame you for saying that because with Batman Begins,that movie does do justice to the character,these horrible spiderman movies of sonys do NOT do justice to his character and are not at all loyal to the comicbook-and yes I saw Batman Begins and will be giving my review of it in the Batman section soon, so its no surprise at all that you say that since Batman Begins was loyal to the comicbook and his character where spiderman was not at all.Sadly the spiderman cartoons are far better written and much more loyal to the comicbook than the movies are so its best to watch the spidey cartoons from the 90's if you want a better idea of what the character of spiderman is like even though the cartoon could have been a lot better as well because these movies butchered to death his character-even though many people around here are in denial on that.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Scoobless
i'm not a huge Batfan.... whether or not the film sticks perfectly to the comic history or not (which it probably doesn't.... there's no way to stick to 60 years worth of history in a comic film)....... the fact remains that it IS a good film

Yes it is but again thats not what this thread is all about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wanderer259
The Spider-Man movies are overrated, partially because of Tobey Maguire. He just isn't Spider-Man.

And no, I haven't seen Batman Begins yet, but I will soon.

Doc Ock
So Parker what did you think of it???

Mr Parker
Go over to the Batman section and look at my review I just posted on Bakerboys thread there.you will see there what I thought of it. smile

doctorstrongbad
Wow I guess I'm the only one who is not going to see this movie. Well thats cool.

Mr Parker
No your not.Morning Glory and the ones said they were not going to see it either.they wont give an answer though for why they are not going to see it though.

ickeris2003
I think the only two batman movies that I enjoyed watching was batman and batman returns who tim burton directed. hes not my fav. superhero anyways and some people already told me that the movie is really boring. Ill just wait till it comes out on video to watch it.

Mr Parker
well they are crazy and dont have a clue what they are talking about because its not boring.

8bitChris
I saw Batman Begins two weeks before it was released. It was a decent flick. But the people on these forums are giving it way too much credit. Seriously like the movie a lot is one thing, but all these reviews are saying the movie is "absolutely flawless" and that's just crazy.

Seriously, everyone is talking about how great the fighting was when all it was was a shakey camera and blurry Batman. You couldn't even make out the moves. I'm guessing it's because Mr. Bale sucks at martial arts in real life. The coolest thing he did was pull a guy into a trailer out of the shadows and we all know how hard that is.

The first hour of the movie was too slow paced. I didn't think Ninja training could be boring, but I wasn't impressed.

THe only fresh idea in the entire movie was revamping the Batmobile into some kickass rock crawler thing.

I enjoyed the Spiderman movies more. But Batman was pretty good. I just have a few complaints.

doctorstrongbad
Well this this first bad review that I have heard. Its great to hear both view points.

Paola
I didn't read this so I don't know what it's about... but I'll close it 'cause by thread title, doesn't belong here... or might.... truth is, for some strange reason I haven't get to see my Batman on big screen again, so I don't go into Batman forum and I don't want to see anything related to 'Begins' anywhere else til I see it so...

CLOSING...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.