Yoda vs Markka Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Rankkor
Who would win? I say Ragnos

Darth_Frobo
Ragnos

sasee tiin
Yoda
ask for reasons if you want

chewbacca II
why yoda ! ragnos is THE most powerful sith EVER i mean i agree that yoda is powerful and all but a jedi wiht the same or more powerful than him couldnt even fight ragnos wen he was on his death bed ! yoda has no chance

Darth Abominus
marka

sasee tiin
Of course Yoda has a chance, and i don't agree completely when you say Ragnos is the most powerful sith ever, Chewbacca II.
I've heard the argument: "Naga sadow didn't even doubt to challenge Marka Ragnos when Ragnos was on his death bed!!!" like a thousand times, and everytime i wonder, what the heck should be the point for Sadow, i mean, if you knew someone was going to die soon, why then kill them??

chewbacca II
naga wanted to kill marka because that would have confirmied him as the dark lord of the sith wether if marka died by himself he would have had to fight ludo kresh(i think its him) for the title

chewbacca II
and yoda does hav no chance, its like saying..........for instance maul has a chance against sidious, maul is good but he could never in this world beat sids

sasee tiin
anyway, the fact that noone challenged Ragnos, doesn't alone proove his strength.

Fishy
Originally posted by sasee tiin
Of course Yoda has a chance, and i don't agree completely when you say Ragnos is the most powerful sith ever, Chewbacca II.
I've heard the argument: "Naga sadow didn't even doubt to challenge Marka Ragnos when Ragnos was on his death bed!!!" like a thousand times, and everytime i wonder, what the heck should be the point for Sadow, i mean, if you knew someone was going to die soon, why then kill them??

He didn't want to do it before then either and Ragnos ruled for 150 years. 150 years were everybody hated him wanted his title or just wanted the half blood gone.

If Sadow would have killed Ragnos when Ragnos was dying he would have claimed the title of Dark Lord without having to fight for it. He had plenty of reasons to kill Ragnos even then but still for some reason he didn't. He was scared.

chewbacca II
yes it does, wne ragnos was around it was a time wen there were thousands of sith and atleast 100 of them wanted to be dark lord of the sith, and plus only about 5 percent of all the dark lords of the sith of that time died by old age al the ohters died by assination, or in battle, so the fact that he didnt does prove his strngth

sasee tiin
you don't seem to understand....
just an example (perhaps not very suitable, but anyway)
If we are ten friends at my home, watching a movie, then suddenly a crazy monster appears. all my friends try to fight it, but they die. I know the house, so i just run and hide. That doesn't prove my strength?

My point is, you can survive without necessarily being extremely powerful.

Fishy
you don't seem to understand....
just an example (perhaps not very suitable, but anyway)
If we are ten friends at my home, watching a movie, then suddenly a crazy monster appears. all my friends try to fight it, but they die. I know the house, so i just run and hide. That doesn't prove my strength?

My point is, you can survive without necessarily being extremely powerful.

Yeah but in this case Ragnos was the monster and Sadow was the boy hiding and he definitly above all wanted the monster to die. And he wasn't just any boy, he was a damn strong powerful smart boy and yet he still couldn't kill the monster. The strongest person in the world could not fight that monster. That makes Ragnos one hell of a powerful monster.

chewbacca II
xactly, thanks for the arguements fishy

Darth Plagues
Marka Ragnos I would say has a beter mastery of the Force...But Yoda has it with his lightsaber. Marka Ragnos...if I'm not mistaken uses a cortosis sword. A cortosis sword is like a mid-evil sword...very heavy and is slower than a lightsaber while trying to be swung. Yoda on the other hand has a lightsaber, giving him the advantage of speed and plus his mastery of form IV adding on to that speed.

Yoda wins with a lightsaber.
Marka Ragnos with the Force.

chewbacca II
fair enough i guess, but for instance if marka ragnos used a light saber like his more advanced counterpart(yoda), MARKA WOULD WIN, i think

Fishy
Don't underestimate the blade. Its not a lightsaber and not as powerful no doubt but it can block lightsaber swings and with somebody like a Sith who are pretty big and strong even without the force it should be in good hands add the force and I don't think the weight is much of a problem anymore.

sasee tiin
i don't disagree with Ragnos being powerful, but why didn't anyone doubt to challenge him?
who did he beat?

Fishy
i don't disagree with Ragnos being powerful, but why didn't anyone doubt to challenge him?
who did he beat?

No names, he defeated rebellions however. He didn't want the Sith Empire to expand because he knew it would collapse so instead of making the Sith fight the republic he made them fight him. Meaning he had a shit load of enemy's almost all the time trying to kill him but they all failed.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Fishy
No names, he defeated rebellions however. He didn't want the Sith Empire to expand because he knew it would collapse so instead of making the Sith fight the republic he made them fight him. Meaning he had a shit load of enemy's almost all the time trying to kill him but they all failed.

I disagree, I've read a lot of official things about Ragnos and none of them even come close to saying things like "Ragnos was extremely powerful" or "Everyone hated him" or "Naga was scared of him". So I have to disagree with those statements since nothing official comes close to saying anything like that that I know of. Why wouldn't Sadow try to kill him?

1) he was patient and could wait for Ragnos to die naturally without Ragnos' supporters coming after him. Seriously, if he killed a guy on his deathbed people would've tried to kill him.

2) Letting Marka die naturally caused chaos and confusion without a Dark Lord making it easier for Naga to become the next.

3) Who cares? He was probably stronger than Naga, a guy who used Sith magic to detonate stars but never defeated anyone in combat. Maybe Ragnos could blow up two stars at once, not like it would help against Yoda.

I honestly don't know who would win since we have no idea how powerful Ragnos is except he's basically got to be weaker than Exar Kun so I will say Yoda.

Fishy
1.) Sith are patient, they take power when they can, not when it works into their schedule.

2.) Kill Ragnos and you become the Dark Lord immediately.

3.) Two stars would hurt like hell... stick out tongue

sasee tiin
Originally posted by Fishy
3.) Two stars would hurt like hell... stick out tongue and kill both, making a tiewink

thanks for your post Revan, good stuff thumb up

Emperor Revan
1. Sidious?

2. Have to face all his supporters and be hated by all other Sith for being a coward, or let him die on his own?

3. Lol, yeah but they would all be fried now wouldn't they?

And same to you sasee. cool

Fishy
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
1. Sidious?

2. Have to face all his supporters and be hated by all other Sith for being a coward, or let him die on his own?

3. Lol, yeah but they would all be fried now wouldn't they?

And same to you sasee. cool

1.) Sidious isn't a real Sith and he was pretty much alone, as soon as he had an apprentice he started his thing, and he couldn't face them all head on he was to weak for it.

2.) He wouldn't be hated it was the Sith thing to do. Look at it like this, sleep with a dog here and everybody looks at you weird and thinks your sick. Do it in ancient greece a few thousand years ago and its an okay thing. Culture difference

3.) Well a tie is better then losing stick out tongue

Emperor Revan
1. He waited a long time, strategically planning his move. Naga may have been as well.

2. Maybe you're right but I still think the other Sith wouldn't have liked someone killing their Dark Lord who was already on the death bed.

3. True. Hope everyone's gettin off planet...

Fishy
1.) No, you see Sidious couldn't have survived if he did it another way, neither could Sadow have... He waited becuase he had no other choice bot because he didn't want the title yet.

2.) They wouldn't have cared, its just not the Sith way. You stronger? Kill the leader take his place. Simple as that they don't care about the situation. Just look at how Malak defeated Revan, some protested most didn't. And thats with people that embraced the religion for a few years at most. Think about those that were raised like that they really wouldn't care.

Emperor Revan
1. I always figured by the time he got powerful enough, Ragnos was already about to die and therefore too weak.

2. Like you said, many protested but none of them were even anywhere close to Malak's power. Ludo Kressh on the other hand, rivaled Naga's power by himself.

Fishy
1.) Could be but that brings us to point two

2.) Not many a few protested most didn't care about it it was the way things go. But the protest thing wasn't what you should look at it the second part. They were only in the religion for a few years, the Sith for their entire life. The Real Sith are going to care less about that then those rip off Sith

Darth Abominus
actually a book about the darkside, from lucas clearly states that marka ragnos was, in fact, feared, obeyed, and admired among the sith. if you haven't seen that then maybe you haven't looked up info well enough.

it also says that ragnos was a war-lord of tremendous physical power as well as a frightening grasp of the dark side.

marka ragnos took the mantle of dark lord of the sith from another dark lord of the sith named simus. he became the 9th dark lord of the sith not only by killing simus but also rose to power through a series of short, ruthless campaigns against those who opposed him.

lol, naga sadow thinking of waiting for marka ragnos to die out and then take power? sorry but that's just silly. you don't understand the sith fully then. among them, especially the sith of that time, there was no "okay i'll wait for this guy to end and then i'll take over."
in such a brutal society you took power when you could and when the opportunity presented itself. not waiting, or you'd lose your chances, and obviously sadow had a lot of hesitation in himself when it came to ragnos.

as for his sword i don't think it would slow him down at all against yoda, after all he was extremely strong and could wield that sword for god knows how long with ease, and as one grows in strength in the dark side the sith sword becomes much more powerful. one can only imagine how deadly the sith swords marka ragnos and naga sadow had were.

Darth L. Dipsit
I believe Marka Ragnos wins this. I think Yoda's extremely powerful, but I don't think he can beat Ragnos. He is brutally respected and just plain fits the profile of an exponentially powerful anomaly.

Lord Darkstar
I agree with the other people who have posted in favor of Marka, he is just too much for Yoda to handle. By the way Dipsit, where have you been?

Darth L. Dipsit
Working...

Please pardon the absence, but it's good to be back - I'm also quite pleased to know that I was missed.

Peace, friend.

Darth Abominus
Originally posted by Darth Abominus

lol, naga sadow thinking of waiting for marka ragnos to die out and then take power? sorry but that's just silly. you don't understand the sith fully then. among them, especially the sith of that time, there was no "okay i'll wait for this guy to end and then i'll take over."
in such a brutal society you took power when you could and when the opportunity presented itself. not waiting, or you'd lose your chances, and obviously sadow had a lot of hesitation in himself when it came to ragnos.

after re-thinking what i said here in this paragraph i didn't choose my words right, didn't get the meaning i wanted. in any event that is the smart thing to do, in sadow's case. as strong as he was, he must've had some pretty serious doubts in his abilities against ragnos, had too much respect for him, or just down right shook in his boots at the thought of fighting his master.

good to see your darth. l dipsit!

Darth L. Dipsit
Thanks, man!

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Darth Abominus
after re-thinking what i said here in this paragraph i didn't choose my words right, didn't get the meaning i wanted. in any event that is the smart thing to do, in sadow's case. as strong as he was, he must've had some pretty serious doubts in his abilities against ragnos, had too much respect for him, or just down right shook in his boots at the thought of fighting his master.

good to see your darth. l dipsit!

Perhaps, but like I said before, he could kill him now and face all those who don't want his as the Dark Lord, or wait for Ragnos to die, let chaos run, and then enter in a time of disorder. I think Naga is smarter than you guys give him credit for, and I'll admit that Marka is stronger than the Sith magician, but that sure doesn't mean he could beat Yoda, or that Yoda could beat Marka. We just don't know enough about Marka so therefore my vote goes to Yoda anyway.

Fishy
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Perhaps, but like I said before, he could kill him now and face all those who don't want his as the Dark Lord, or wait for Ragnos to die, let chaos run, and then enter in a time of disorder. I think Naga is smarter than you guys give him credit for, and I'll admit that Marka is stronger than the Sith magician, but that sure doesn't mean he could beat Yoda, or that Yoda could beat Marka. We just don't know enough about Marka so therefore my vote goes to Yoda anyway.

But what if somebody else killed Ragnos, he just didn't have the change. After Ragnos died he still had to fight for the crown and he didn't win that fight, other people could have killed Ragnos as well. It wasn't really worth the risk. Sadow could never ever beat Ragnos and Sadow is more powerful then Yoda

Emperor Revan
What makes you think Sadow is more powerful than Yoda?

Fishy
Blowing up stars, there is nothing that would suggest it was something like battle meditation so it would take an extreme amount of force power. Something that Yoda was good at, but Yoda sure as hell could not blow up stars

Darth Plagues
Why would Yoda need to blow up stars? He's a Jedi Master...they defend life not destroy it. Just because he didn't do it, doesn't mean he can't.

Emperor Revan
I agree with Plagues. Not to mention Naga was using Sith magic so I don't know how much "Force" power he was using. Besides if that's his only trick it's not gonna help him fighting Yoda.

Damarus
i think yoda.just a thought though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.