Vader's Hands -- Changed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Undoubtedly this has been noticed by many people, and Rick said that it would be explained, or that we'd understand why this was changed. Only reason I can think of was that it'd be awfully hard to rip off the restraining on his arms if he were in this position, that and it just looks plain uncomfortable. Anyone got any insight into this change in the movie?

http://img243.echo.cx/img243/6144/vaderhands8wn.jpg

Bespin Bart
It also looked kinda sorta dumb, in my opinion. Like Vader was trying to perform the Y.M.C.A.

DarkYoda
I think it was just a situation where there was absolutely no reason for his arms to be held up in the air. He was laying down when all of this transpired and one of his arms was chopped off... how would you fit the new mechanical arm on him with his elbow bent??? Anakin was unconscious and completely at rest.

It is also much more dramatic to see his hands come up into the air when he breaks loose than to have them come down. wink

JKozzy
Yes, but it would've probably shown his strength, possibly what they originally intended for. After all, they did shoot it. They must've thought it looked dumb, later.

Darth Halo
I don't understand why he was even chained up.

adamrubin
why is he wearing restraints anyways?

Morpheus
raver it was for the Trailer. raver

JKozzy
No, have you seen the movie?

The restraints were to stop Vader from fidgeting around and hitting the droids. You tend to do that while in pain from losing your remaining three limbs.

Lana
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
It also looked kinda sorta dumb, in my opinion. Like Vader was trying to perform the Y.M.C.A.

*snorts*

Oh, Chris....stick out tongue

adamrubin
Originally posted by JKozzy
No, have you seen the movie?

The restraints were to stop Vader from fidgeting around and hitting the droids. You tend to do that while in pain from losing your remaining three limbs.

ok thanks

Killer_Dennis
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
It also looked kinda sorta dumb, in my opinion. Like Vader was trying to perform the Y.M.C.A. laughing He's right..but where's the M.C.A? confused

vader476
FMA ROCKS

palpy_666
Yeah, Vader's hands in the original posistion looked gay. I'm sooo damn happy they changed this scene. Looks a whole lot better.

PVS
im so glad they changed it.
i thought his hand and arms looked totally wrong in the trailer.
too damn scrawny

2Tidus!
Yeah... It looked really stupid. But maybe they showed it to proove how strong he was... Or maybe it's the mechanical arms.

JKozzy
Originally posted by palpy_666
Yeah, Vader's hands in the original posistion looked gay. I'm sooo damn happy they changed this scene. Looks a whole lot better. Yes, quite homosexual stick out tongueOriginally posted by PVS
too damn scrawny Yeah, I saw it and was like...

Vader!! eek!.... confused Looks like he had a rough night.

matreid
Originally posted by Morpheus
raver it was for the Trailer. raver

Yep!

JKozzy
No!! He was restrained in the movie too.

2Tidus!
Ok, here's my theory. They did it to let the audiance see that Anakin has been fully healed. He has mechanical arms, they bend, and they are holding up.

Jerico
Anakin still has his eyebrows when the helmet is put in the machine, yet in the new DVD version of the OT they are gone!

Dude Vader
I thought I was imagining thing when I first saw the change!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by PVS
too damn scrawny

This is likely to be the bones of it......
He had minute little hands in the trailer shot and plenty of people noticed it on the net and were not shy in making their objections known..
..myself included... Now it could've been that the feedback reached 'em at ILM, or they weren't happy with it themselves or a combo of both...

But Im so glad they changed it..... smile

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by DarkYoda
I think it was just a situation where there was absolutely no reason for his arms to be held up in the air. He was laying down when all of this transpired and one of his arms was chopped off... how would you fit the new mechanical arm on him with his elbow bent??? Anakin was unconscious and completely at rest.

It is also much more dramatic to see his hands come up into the air when he breaks loose than to have them come down. wink

Yeah I guess so. I guess he did look more like a prisoner.

JKozzy
Heh, prisoner. Maybe they thought it looked cool, until they got the fan reaction. Should've showed that "nooooo" beforehand, maybe that could've been a grown stick out tongue

Wickerman
yep, that's whati was thinking as well. He looked well too scrawny in the shot. Not to mention it would make absolutely no sense to put his robotic arms on bend in that position.

~wickerman~

Swanky-Tuna
I wanted to see the "arms up" in the movie because I really wanted to know if they were fake arms or not. They look bent in the middle. Especially the right (his left) arm.

DarkAge
I think Christensen should have bulked up for this role. David Prowse was a bodybuilder, this Vader was a bit too scrawny.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkAge
I think Christensen should have bulked up for this role. David Prowse was a bodybuilder, this Vader was a bit too scrawny.

This is exactly what i was thinking. And i don't mean he had to be like David Prowse, but even Ray Park seemed more buffed than him IMO...

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.