Marvel vs. White Martian Invasion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nigel45
Basically everyone on Marvel Earth below Surfer against a secret invasion by the White Martians from DC.

Scenario is parrallel to that of the White Martian's first invasion of DC Earth. If you haven't read it, I'm sure there are some people who could explain it better than me that would be willing to.

White Martians are alot like Martian Manhunter, meaning they have power levels very similar to Superman, including flight, super-strength, invulnerability, invisibility, intangibility, shape-shifting, Martian vision (similar to an optic blast), and high level telepathy.

There is a total of 70 Martians in the invasion force. Their ultimate goal is to control and/or destroy the planet. Could they do it?

leonidas
are you kidding?! i did this thread just a little while ago . . .

what the hell are the odds of 2 of THIS thread popping up? anyway, do a search. and i used WAAYYYYYY more martians than 70 and people still MOSTLY convinced me marvel would win.

nigel45
Oh wow. Really sorry about that, I didn't even think a search would be necessary on this one. Sorry. embarrasment

People thought Marvel would win eh? Certainly possible.

leonidas
heh.

that's cool. i never would have searched for this thread either! and yah, i was a bit surprised too, but some people had some pretty good arguments . . .

Sentry
Dr. Strange will save the day. The millions of mutants on marvel earth will fight alongside their comrades the X-men. The New Avengers along with Sentry. Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, Namor and Atlantis, Hulk, Etc... Dr. Doom and other world villains are not gonna sit idly by while white martian take over the earth. That's their job.

Glimmerone
The White Martians are powerful. In the Terror Incognita story arc, which goes from JLA # 55-58, they were barely stop from succeeding in taking over DC earth. The white martians were successful in taking out all of the dc earth heroes, save for any who may have not been on earth at that time or refrained from getting involve and hid. They all have most of superman's powers and a few he doesn't have, powers on superman's level just as one of you mention and they're vicious killers who enjoy torturing their victims. They will telepathically gang up on or combine their mental powers in an assault and take down beings stealthily. They did this and more using their full number of 70 white martians (Including fireproofing earth's atmosphere) to the heroes of dc earth. The white martians were only stop through an extreme, last ditch effort by the JLA which involve moving the moon closer to/within earth atmosphere. So, marvel earth better not take them for granted in the least way, since if they're aware of the white martians' presence, it will be a hard fight. However, if initially they are unaware just as dc earth was, then marvel earth could finds itself in the same predicament as dc when battling the white martians.

Cosmic Cube
Are they allowed to use fire?

long pig
Human torch w/protection against telepathy would do damn good.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by long pig
Human torch w/protection against telepathy would do damn good.

That's what I was thinking.

Sentry
Torch & Strange

long pig
We could always set the Hulk on fire and tell him the martians did it.
That'd be fun too.

Sentry
Hulk is gonna be pi$$ed. Savage Hulk is stupid enough to fall for that. He could mow through a bunch of'em.

long pig
A telepathy protected Hulk, on fire. He'd kill em all.

Swanky-Tuna
It will turn out the Earth the white martians took over was an Earth in a pocket dimension in Franklin Richards' Stretch Armstrong that he sent the martians to subconsciously.

Khellendros
Meh. Point the Hulk at them and say they have Betty hostage. Hook Torch and Sunfire up with some of the gear that protected the Avengers and everyone else from Onslaught's TP. Other than that, ditto what Sentry said. Marvel earth has a lot more super powered beings who are neither heroes or villians, but would put up a fight if their lives were at risk. Hell, given enough time Reed could figure a way to shunt them intot he Negative Zone and tell Blastaar and Annihilus they were coming tot ake over the joint. Sell the footage on pay per view to pay for the damage the Martians did before they got kicked out the joint.

CorderaMitchell
was't this already done?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.