Duel Of Fates

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

muserke
So what do you think of the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn vs Maul and the Obi-Wan vs Maul fights? I think they were awesome and the Obi vs Maul one was fast. It's my favorite lightsaber battle, next to the Anakin vs Obi one in Ep3.

Does anyone have some pics of the Obi-Wan vs Maul fight?

Red Superfly
I love it.

Makes Episode II's duels look absolutely awful.

muserke
I just keep watching it over and over again.

Apex512
rock Easily one of the best duels ever of any movie.

Bishop X
Qui-Gon was absolutely amazing. He was so agile and he made Luke look like he had rheumatoid arthritis.

Saberstylemasta
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/pielover666/obimaul.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/pielover666/obimaul2.gif

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I love it.

Makes Episode II's duels look absolutely awful.
Indeed. But then again, the Episode IV duel makes the Episode II duels look awful :P

Apex512
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Darth Travizzle
You know what, I need to watch this movie again.

Stealth Agent
the episode 1 duel was great the real climax was when qui-gon died, obi-wan i think gives i9nto his anger cuz he's moving faster and quicker then ever and it's real intense.
it was a real crowd pleaser to reintroduce the star wars prequels to the public, if it had started with an episode similar to 2 i dont think it would of got anywhere.

Ast Rofan
I loved the Duel of the Fates, I thought the Obi/Maul part was insanely fast(though not as fast as THE DUEL now).

Barka
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
I loved the Duel of the Fates, I thought the Obi/Maul part was insanely fast(though not as fast as THE DUEL now).

yes The Music was top Notch too

http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/3384/1deathofquigon6mg.gif

Sith-Nerd
Originally posted by Darth Travizzle
You know what, I need to watch this movie again.

im gonna watch it too, but im just gonna skip to the duel

Darth Zenemij
I watch it over and over again, Quigon had plenty of open shots to kill maul.

Sith-Nerd
i just watched right now

SithHappens
I just watched it today just for that scene, and then I found this thread. "Nothing happens by accident" Qui Gon ep1.

b-dan
its the only redeeming quality of phantome menace

Sith Solo
Yes it saves the prequel trilogy along with Old Ben Obi Wan Kenobi VS Anakin Vader Skywalker Duel

Red Superfly
I would actually go as far as to say Phantom Menace has possibly the best duel out of all three prequel movies.

Doesn't come close to the emotional OT ones, but it damn near topples the almost forgettable Anakin vs Obi-Wan fight I'm afraid (I remember the Sidious vs Palpatine confrontation more fondly).

Captain REX
Sidious versus Palpatine? laughing out loud

Which Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight, Superfly? The ROTS or the ANH one? stick out tongue

You're right though; not as much emotion in these newer duels, except Anakin vs. Obi-Wan ROTS.

viking12344
Say what you will about ep2's duel's BUT....you have to admit, the first time you actually got to see Yoda bring it, was AWESOME.

I thought so anyway.

Captain REX
Meh...

viking12344
LOL, my feelings on it now for sure. But after seeing that little green guy hobble around since 1980, well, I just did not know he had it in him.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sidious versus Palpatine? laughing out loud

Which Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight, Superfly? The ROTS or the ANH one? stick out tongue

You're right though; not as much emotion in these newer duels, except Anakin vs. Obi-Wan ROTS.

Yeah, idn't you hear, Palpatine was really depressed and tried to commit suicide. He posted goth poetry all over the Holonet and that caused more damage than the Death Star ever did.

Darth_Janus
I'll admit seeing Yoda go apeshit was like "Whoa" for the first time. But really, I don't like it now. Actually, I would have been content had Yoda never picked up a lightsaber.

Btw, Duel of Fates is amongst my favorite duels, with the finale in ROTS and ROTJ running a close second and third.

muserke
Originally posted by viking12344
Say what you will about ep2's duel's BUT....you have to admit, the first time you actually got to see Yoda bring it, was AWESOME.

I thought so anyway.
There's a DVD included in the ROTS soundtrack, and they show moviefootage while they play the song. 'Dark Forces Conspire' is one of my favorites. Duel Of The Fates playing in the background while you see ep1 and ep2 footage. It's really cool to see some Obi vs Maul and Yoda vs Dooku flashes while listening to the song. Really, it was like wow. Just like in ep3 Duel Of Fates started playing in the Yoda vs. Palpy fight. That gave me goosebumps.

Sith Solo
I Agree Totally!, It was the only time in both trilogies that i was given the "willies" to quote Barret FF7, Yoda VS Sidious + Duel of Fates an immortal moment for me and the whole star wars experience, Good VS Evil, Justice VS Chaos, Master Jedi VS Master Sith
And Now The Banana Will Dance.... Happy Dance

Nactous
The Duel of Fates music was awesome, but I love Battle of Hero's. My favorite duel of all, would have to be the Vader vs. Luke duel on the second Death Star.

bilb
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I'll admit seeing Yoda go apeshit was like "Whoa" for the first time. But really, I don't like it now. Actually, I would have been content had Yoda never picked up a lightsaber.

totally

and DOTF is second only to BOTH to me

Captain REX
I put the ESB and ROTS fights above ROTJ and AOTC.

bilb
you would stick out tongue

jk

I love the OT fights but the choreography in th ePT is jsy soooo much better IMO

DeVi| D0do
I agree... with the exception of the AOTC duels. I'll take the ANH duel over all of the AOTC duels any day.

bilb
true, the AOTC duels were pretty lame

theredbaron
You know what's funny about this battle being called 'Duel of the Fates'? It's a battle being two of the most extraneous characters in the entire saga: Maul and Jinn.

theredbaron
The OT saber battles were far more symbolic of emotional conflict than those in the PT (perhaps with the exception of Vader vs. Obi-wan in ROTS), and because of that they were more emotionally intense. Fancy stunts are one thing, but REAL CONFLICT is where it's at.

SithHappens
It's the Duel of Fates because it controlled the fate of Anakin. I believe had Jinn trained him he wouldn't have truned.

chinabing
I think it's true the saber battles in Eps II and III suffer a little because of the computer generated leaping and the blades-spinning-like-propellers.

It looks as if most/all of Ep I's duels used actual actors all the time; I'd have to take it apart frame by frame to see if they used any digital replacement. Maybe that's why everyone likes it so much. In part I think it's more believable than Eps II and III because we never saw that furious kind of fighting in the OT, of the school of thought that "we've never seen that before, so it must be fake" type thinking.

If you're ever in a lightsaber duel, never hold your saber blade above your head! That's how Qui-Gon buys it.

pr1983
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I would actually go as far as to say Phantom Menace has possibly the best duel out of all three prequel movies.

Doesn't come close to the emotional OT ones, but it damn near topples the almost forgettable Anakin vs Obi-Wan fight I'm afraid (I remember the Sidious vs Palpatine confrontation more fondly).

i agree... and i still believe the rotj duel has ten times the emotion of the rots one...

Originally posted by chinabing
I think it's true the saber battles in Eps II and III suffer a little because of the computer generated leaping and the blades-spinning-like-propellers.

It looks as if most/all of Ep I's duels used actual actors all the time; I'd have to take it apart frame by frame to see if they used any digital replacement. Maybe that's why everyone likes it so much. In part I think it's more believable than Eps II and III because we never saw that furious kind of fighting in the OT, of the school of thought that "we've never seen that before, so it must be fake" type thinking.

If you're ever in a lightsaber duel, never hold your saber blade above your head! That's how Qui-Gon buys it.

Another thing we have to remember is that ray park (maul) is a martial artist by trade... he's naturally good at combat, so he can do the sommersaults and flips by himself... no cgi needed...

King Kold
Episode One Phantom Menace had one of the best lightsaber duels plus. Obi Wan younger seemed to be better then the older one.

Sesse
Its strange....

First Obi-wan was a great fighter.
The second one was a pathetic saber swinger.
The thrid one kicked ass once again.
And fourth was a philosophical uncle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.