Lightsaber Hilts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

matreid
What is your favorite hilt from ROTS? Personally, i think Palp's looks really slick. How bout you?

LordSorgo
Fisto's was pimp.

Dude Vader
Still has to be Anakin's Classic, Stylish, Practical.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Dude Vader
Still has to be Anakin's Classic, Stylish, Practical.

how is it practical, all the crap on it makes it very awkward to hold. the most practical saber was Qui-Gons

as sabers go i like Sids saber and windus (but i dont like the purple blade)

Obi wans Eps 1/2 saber was pretty good too.

lukes ROTJ saber and obi's ROTS/ ANH saber are also ok, but the big clunky square button makes it hard to hold...

SithSpy
how did you guys see fisto's?? anyone got a pic? but yeah i like ani's and palps is pretty cool too glad they made it all black instead of the chrome and pearl they were gonna make it.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by SithSpy
how did you guys see fisto's?? anyone got a pic? but yeah i like ani's and palps is pretty cool too glad they made it all black instead of the chrome and pearl they were gonna make it.

huh? palps saber is not black...

this is what it looks like

SithSpy
thats what i thought, but in the movie it looked all black when it shot out of his sleeve, anyone got a screenshot? coulda been the lighting

Jedi Styles
Obi-Wans

Anakin's

Yoda's because it's plain and simple.... But yeilded by one of the most powerful Jedis

Maces

The Ones
yodas is to small for 2 human hands

LordSorgo
Originally posted by SithSpy

This is Fisto's lightsaber hilt.

SithSpy
yeah that is pretty cool, never seen that pic, whered ya get it from?

LordSorgo
Can't remember. downloaded it a while back.

tlbauerle
Fisto's hilt looks a bit too much like a dildo....

vader519
I would have to say Anakin's, Obi-wan's, and Mace.

LordSorgo
Plo Koon inherits Mace's Episode II saber and makes the saber color blue.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
huh? palps saber is not black...

this is what it looks like

That is Palpatines Lightsaber when he fights Mace. He loses it when Mace smacks it out of his hand and out of his office window. During the battle with Yoda, he uses his backup which looks like this. Same design, except white replacments where the black is.

Saberstylemasta
h ttp: // w ww. starwars .nu/ bilder /bildarkiv/ guide/ lightsabers_ big1 .jpg

get rid of the spaces and go there.

It has all the lightsabers of all the main charactors (except Yoda and Palp)

matreid
That pic shows Ki Adi Mundi with a purple saber. I believe he has a blue one. By the way, LordSorgo sweet pics!photo

Boris
In Rots, Anakin's or Maces', it's such a pimp saber, BMF all the way big grin .

TMACalicious
I reckon Dooku's lightsaber is nice. With the unique curved look.

But then there's Maul's double saber

EHmasterJedi
The Sidious saber is purplelish on the outer parts and chrome on the iner parts, i can confirm this because i saw one of the actual prop at C3, i can also confirm from C3 that Master Replicas version of Palpi's saber is nearly identical to the actual prop, in the pic below i have palpi from the movie on the left and Master Replicas prop replica on the right, as you you can see in one of the pics Palpi doesnt even use his saber in most of the Windu fight, he uses Anakins, i think this is product of a scene that was cut, because originaly Anakin was watching the hole fight, they should of reshot the hole fight and palpi should never of ever used two hands on his lightsaber. embarrasment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/SidiousSabers.jpg

THEJEDIMASTER
I like Dooku's saber with the curve.

matreid
Obi Wan's hilt is ROTS and ANH is also one of my favorites. It has a nice design. I don't think Anakin's hilt would be paticulary easy to use. The Anomaly is right, it has too many knobs and buttons for a smooth design. Qui-Gon's looks simple and easy to use.

Director_Joe
Yeah my all time fav is definetley Ben's from ANH... I liked the old and used look it had....

Darth Travizzle
Hmm... this is difficult, but I have to go with Obi-Wan's.

Darth_fury
Dooku and palpys are my favourites

dflood
rotj lukes green saber is the best lightsaber .

Revan Souer
Is there anntwhere that i can see all of them together as I'm not sure which one's the best. Thou Darth original is a classic

THEJEDIMASTER
here

matreid
Does any one have a pic of Jocasta Nu's saber? I swear I saw it somewhere and it was sweet.

THEJEDIMASTER
yeah i found one here

matreid
Nice! thank you. Now that is a sweet hilt!

matreid
On the front of a Jedi Quest book there is Yaddle with her saber raised. Her hilt is about as big as Yoda's but a much cooler design. If I were a jedi I would want to construct a saber with that design for sure.

EHmasterJedi
http://www.rebelscum.com/mrsabers.asp

This link has detailed pics of each saber

Darth Mantis
I like Mace Windu's lightsaber in ROTS...

Darth Vegas
The Vader Classic.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
The Sidious saber is purplelish on the outer parts and chrome on the iner parts, i can confirm this because i saw one of the actual prop at C3, i can also confirm from C3 that Master Replicas version of Palpi's saber is nearly identical to the actual prop, in the pic below i have palpi from the movie on the left and Master Replicas prop replica on the right, as you you can see in one of the pics Palpi doesnt even use his saber in most of the Windu fight, he uses Anakins, i think this is product of a scene that was cut, because originaly Anakin was watching the hole fight, they should of reshot the hole fight and palpi should never of ever used two hands on his lightsaber. embarrasment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/SidiousSabers.jpg

None of this changes the fact that Sidious uses a White one with Yoda and a Black one with Mace.

Revan Souer
From all the pictures I'd have to say Vada's and thanks for posting them by the way.

matreid
Yah, vader's is sweet to, but which one. I think he had two or three versions during the OT because they were constantle getting destroyed.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by matreid
Yah, vader's is sweet to, but which one. I think he had two or three versions during the OT because they were constantle getting destroyed.
The one in this pic very cool

matreid
Yes that version is my favorite. big grin

Revan Souer
It looks so slick, basic but so very very cool

Revan Souer
Yes that version is my favorite. big grin
This is the best image I have do you know of any others

ShadowKing
In the combined saber photo, (thanks JediMaster) it looks like someone transposed the purple blade of Mace with the blue blade of Ki-Adi...

Anyone have pictures of other lesser Jedi lightsabers? Aayla Secura, Barris Offee, Plo Koon, etc?

Revan Souer
Originally posted by ShadowKing
In the combined saber photo, (thanks JediMaster) it looks like someone transposed the purple blade of Mace with the blue blade of Ki-Adi...

Anyone have pictures of other lesser Jedi lightsabers? Aayla Secura, Barris Offee, Plo Koon, etc?
Yep they're not the right colours, does anyone know where a good place to buy a light saber is

EHmasterJedi
Originally posted by Revan Souer
This is the best image I have do you know of any others

Go to my rebelscum link on the page before that one of the pics from that page there are multiple pics more in depth then that one

O and the other poster, there is no white or black palpi saber its just the light, now there may have been painted versions for the stunt sabers, which may have just been painted silver and black but the hero prop is exactly the same as the Master Replicas pics i posted on the other page. And the hero prop is the true saber version

matreid
Originally posted by Revan Souer
This is the best image I have do you know of any others Nope sorry.

matreid
If I can remember, Plo Koon had a yellow saber in the TPM and made a new one that was blue. I'll try and find some pics.

adamrubin
my fav

adamrubin
here

Boris
Light O' Sabers!

adamrubin
Darth Sidious, Sith Lord

CONFIRMED: SIdious, looses this lightsaber in combat with Mace Windu, into the depths of Coruscant. He is not without a lightsaber for long as he carries an identical backup.

dflood
that lightsaber looks like a mix btween qui gonns and obis ep1 saber

SithSpy
thats a very cool site, thanks for the link Boris!

Revan Souer
I must admit it is pretty cool but Darth vadas ESB is the one for me, thou that would be a close second

matreid
I love that site! Some of the histories I wonder about though... like the blue Dooku saber.confused

LordSorgo
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
Go to my rebelscum link on the page before that one of the pics from that page there are multiple pics more in depth then that one

O and the other poster, there is no white or black palpi saber its just the light, now there may have been painted versions for the stunt sabers, which may have just been painted silver and black but the hero prop is exactly the same as the Master Replicas pics i posted on the other page. And the hero prop is the true saber version

Oh my god! I can't believe it! You were right this whole time!

I bet that's what you want me to say. Too bad your WRONG!

When the first saber whips out of his sleeve at the Office fight, IT'S CLEARLY BLACK!

When Sidious swings his saber at Yoda in the Senates hearing room IT'S CLEARLY WHITE!

Either your color blind or just simply.... COLOR BLIND!

Revan Souer
Does anyone know a really good place to buy lightsabers from with the blades

DeVi| D0do
Lightsabers-R-Us, 43 Coruscant Way (opposite the Jedi Temple.)

Revan Souer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Lightsabers-R-Us, 43 Coruscant Way (opposite the Jedi Temple.) thanks i'll go there eek! laughing

grey fox
i heard a rumour about a jedi carrying a organic lightsaber can anyone confirm this

Boris
With the blades? The Force Fx line has them, although you can't take them off, from master replicas, or you could try here
they make good ones.

ShadowKing
Boris...that Saber site (here) was schweeet! I have two Master Replica models but I have to get my hand on one of this guys blades. That double bladed one that comes apart rocks hard!

Damn...wish I had taken more shop classes...

Revan Souer
Thanks Boris

Bicnarok

matreid
Originally posted by grey fox
i heard a rumour about a jedi carrying a organic lightsaber can anyone confirm this

I think there talking about the FX lightsabers. Those are sweet. I got a luke ROTJ. Happy Dance

Angelboy817
does anyone know where i can get a replica of aaylas lightsaber i saw a pic of it its awesome

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Fisto's was pimp.

True dat! AND it was water-proof.

General Zodiac
Dooku's!

Boris
Originally posted by ShadowKing
Boris...that Saber site (here) was schweeet! I have two Master Replica models but I have to get my hand on one of this guys blades. That double bladed one that comes apart rocks hard!

Damn...wish I had taken more shop classes...

Nice! I'd like to get one myself though they cost a pretty penny.. smile

Angelboy817
aayla securas lightsaber hilt its awesome!

matreid
That is a nice hilt!

((The_Anomaly))
Nah, Sids, And Qui-Gons. With Obi's sabers coming in a close second. (oh and lukes ROTJ saber since its almost the same)

If i had to chose one for myself it'd be Qui-Gons.

but I'd rather make my own stick out tongue

Sith-Nerd
Yoda, windu, and palp, the best sabers because they are easy to hold and easy to maneuver

Sith-Nerd
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
True dat! AND it was water-proof.

how do you know all of the hilts wernt water proof, youve never seen another one under water...( but i do agree that its kool that his is, if all the other ones arnt)

b-dan
dookus was bent so probly that one

Darth_Rankkor
Dooku and sidious hilt. I know that you guys are going to grill me for this, but I can't forget Freedon Nadd and the dark woman's hilts. I KNOW I KNOW IT'S EU..... stick out tongue

Zabrine Qui
The best lightsaber in ROTS was Mace's. I think it showed just how cool he was.

Sith-Nerd
Originally posted by vader519
I would have to say Anakin's, Obi-wan's, and Mace.

dude, i have anakins, its crap, it has soo much crap on it, its hard to manuever

I AM JEDI
omg a hilt is something that protects your hand from the blade do u mean handle i mean it's stupid to call it that ... plus the"hilt" on a lightsaber is called an emitter guard!

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by grey fox

Yeah, a Mon Calimari in the NJO Book Darksaber uses one. She was one of Luke's students until she passed. EVERYTHING about Mon Calimari is organic.

Angelboy817
Originally posted by I AM JEDI
omg a hilt is something that protects your hand from the blade do u mean handle i mean it's stupid to call it that ... plus the"hilt" on a lightsaber is called an emitter guard! dude calm yer ****ing hormones

I AM JEDI
well id think you guys would figure this out after saying it over and over.. what did u hear the word hilt and go ok thats what a f*ckin handle is called!??!!

Angelboy817
it IS what the handle is called! emitter guard and hilt THERES NO DIFFERENCE they both protect your hand from the searing beam of energy

matreid
well id think you guys would figure this out after saying it over and over.. what did u hear the word hilt and go ok thats what a f*ckin handle is called!??!!

Who cares? I am just asking what handel/hilt you like from the movies.

Does this really matter. I think people know what I mean when I say "what is your favorite hilt?"

Darth_Rankkor
I like this one on my sig big grin

matreid
That is nice!

Looks kinda Asajj Ventress's saber.

bobcrickett
I like the ones I created for my RPG character. I should have Rex post them some time... big grin

Two purple blades, the emitter guard is very bulky, since she does not do the two-handed thing where she holds it very close to the emitter guard. the rest of it is very slender, has grips, etc. button activation. She's tied a red ribbon to each.

Darth_Rankkor
That is nice!

Looks kinda Asajj Ventress's saber.

hmmm, wasn't ventress's given to her by dooky (and replicas of dooku own saber). I understand what you're saying because the handle is a bit curved but the similarity ends there ;D

LordSorgo

If you don't like the fact that we use a different word for the same definition, keep your opinions to yourself, or i'll smack your ugly face.

matreid
If you don't like the fact that we use a different word for the same definition, keep your opinions to yourself, or i'll smack your ugly face.

Please do. wink

Captain REX
HILT! eek!

These are Asajj Ventress's lightsabers, given to her by Count Dooku.

http://thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/Asajj3aSM.jpg

http://thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/Asajj3bSM.jpg

Darth Calladus
Count Dooku's lightsaber

the curved look is so unique...i swear thas the best lightsaber i have ever seen.

Captain REX
http://thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/Dooku1SM.jpg

I found Dooku's original lightsaber quite curious...

EHmasterJedi
My current collection of Master Replicas lightsabers big grin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/mysabers.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/EHmasterJedi/saber2.jpg

All of course come with what orginaly came from MR, displays, COA stuff like that wink

Captain REX
Nice!

Angelboy817
Originally posted by Captain REX
HILT! eek!

These are Asajj Ventress's lightsabers, given to her by Count Dooku.
those are hot but i still like aaylas the best

Sith Master X
I gotta say that Palps and Obi-Wans ROTS sabers are my favorites.

matreid
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I gotta say that Palps and Obi-Wans ROTS sabers are my favorites.

Agreed. smile

kalsemo
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Fisto's hilt looks a bit too much like a dildo....

That was my thought exactly!!! hehehe

Captain REX
Did Fisto and Aayla still have the standard lightsaber props? Tons of Jedi used the same lightsaber hilts in Episode II.

Captain REX
Just checked, and there are a large group of Jedi using the lightsabers Fisto and Aayla do. Barriss Offee uses the same as Aayla, for example. No distinction.

KMCF
Palpatines Saber was sleek

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/SidiousROTSSM.jpg

matreid
Just checked, and there are a large group of Jedi using the lightsabers Fisto and Aayla do. Barriss Offee uses the same as Aayla, for example. No distinction.

I think they are called clan-sabers. Jedi use similar models to some other Jedi as a sign of friendship and trust. Kind of like when a padawan bases his new lightsaber design on his masters.

Angelboy817
i see

Captain REX
Clan sabers was just thelightsaber.com's excuse for why all the extra Jedi have the same lightsaber.

Quite annoying really; they should have made more.

Darth Nhilus
I like anakin's the best. It has a nice hilt, very cool blue blade , the color of a jedi guardian's blade.

matreid
Yah, it's pretty cool.

EHmasterJedi
Basically any saber that wasnt used by the lead SWs characters suck, Lucas got cheap with that, just made 3-4 different and not very creative styles for all the background jedi, to bad cause im sure they all should of had there own like the lead characters

Master Liahon
i dunno if you noticed, but it seemed to me, that anakins saber hilts were all pretty much the same, they looked like it. if you look at them carefully, even as darth vader they seem the same.

i also like Qui-gons, but its hard with anakins and Mace windu

nate100
i've got to say my favourite saber hilt is obi wans from episode one and two. i think it has something to do with it was one of the first things i saw of episode one when all the buzz was around from it coming out. the fact that it's a sexy ass hilt as well doesn't hurt.

before this i always loved (and still do) all of the original trilogies (?) sabers. apart from the fact they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool it's also a feeling of remembering the toys you grew up with. they were my first experience with lightsabers and you never forget your first!

Captain REX
In a realistic sense, Qui-Gon's and Obi-Wan's Padawan/Knight lightsabers would have been the easiest to wield.

I agree, EHmasterjedi, it would have nicer if that had their own lightsabers. Lucas even took the unique lightsabers from some of the Council members that were in the fight scenes of Geonosis, quite lame.

In ROTS, though, I noted that some people had unique lightsabers.

Darth Koroni
I like Palpatine's because it is simple and elegant, and Dooku's because it remind's me of Giger's Alien.

Lord Matreid
Dooku's is awesome!

Stunrun
That is Palpatines Lightsaber when he fights Mace. He loses it when Mace smacks it out of his hand and out of his office window. During the battle with Yoda, he uses his backup which looks like this. Same design, except white replacments where the black is.

ya know i never did realise thatstick out tongue that explains alot of things, thanx

Stunrun
Best saber from ROTS and the whole saga:

Anakin's ROTS, Luke's ANH and ESB
big grin - its a classic and it looks well cool! cool

Stunrun
Clan sabers was just thelightsaber.com's excuse for why all the extra Jedi have the same lightsaber.

Quite annoying really; they should have made more.

Lucas got lazy i guess

garn
WHO THE F*CK NOTICES THESE THINGS!?

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by garn
WHO THE F*CK NOTICES THESE THINGS!?

Communists, they're all Star Wars geeks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.