Tom Cruise Proposes to Katie Holmes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
blah blah blah ....

PARIS (AP) - Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I've never been to the Eiffel Tower. It's Paris, it's a beautiful city, it's very romantic."

Cruise said no date for a wedding has been set: "We haven't discussed that - one step at a time," he said. "Let's see. We're not sure."

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film "War of the Worlds" next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Holmes did not speak to reporters, but at one point, Cruise whispered to her: "Are you OK?" Afterward, the two hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

"I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had," said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.

Cruise and Holmes have faced repeated rumors of marriage. The relationship started after Cruise split from actress Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their long-standing engagement.

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, "Batman Begins." She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology - Cruise's religion. The former star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050617/D8APA3BG2.html

silver_tears
That's awesome for them big grin

botankus
I grew up wanting to marry Sharon Stone and look where that got me. Stuck on KMC.

Cinemaddiction
..yeah, but did Katie accept? It's not as obvious as you may think.

Mana4X2
And, like, is that a good thing?

Morning_Glory
Ive never wanted to marry Tom.. that's icky... and he just seems so weird now

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
..yeah, but did Katie accept? It's not as obvious as you may think.

yea she accepted... it says in the article that Tom was now engaged to magnificant woman.. or whatever

golden moon
good for them stick out tongue
they make a nice couple
but of course it won't be long until they get divorced... roll eyes (sarcastic)

sblomie545
toms all wack now and stuff because he got a new publisits blah blah blah, its the same with most celebs....

did you see him on oprah? sick

me watch oprah?? haha no

i met Tom Cruise though, part of War of the Worlds was filmed in my town and i was doing an audition at a theatre right next to where they were filming it and he walked right by me! i think he's a pig and stuff, but still really hot

Morning_Glory
a pig?

sblomie545
narsisistic-ish pig

one of those... not like a dirty pig

but an arrogant pig

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
Ive never wanted to marry Tom.. that's icky... and he just seems so weird now

yeah, i've always thought he was good looking and blah blah blah - but he does seem weirder now - dunno if it's me that's changed or him messed

Clavis
SCIENTOLOGY TO THA MAX eek!

charmedFairy
Originally posted by sblomie545
toms all wack now and stuff because he got a new publisits blah blah blah, its the same with most celebs....

did you see him on oprah? sick

me watch oprah?? haha no

i met Tom Cruise though, part of War of the Worlds was filmed in my town and i was doing an audition at a theatre right next to where they were filming it and he walked right by me! i think he's a pig and stuff, but still really hot

i wouldve pinched his butt at least ninja

sblomie545
i had an urge to pull his hair eek!

Morning_Glory
ok... confused

Morning_Glory
there is a pic of her ring .. on this site.... it's actually pretty

http://www.drudgereport.com

charmedFairy
i had an urge to pull his hair eek!

i wouldve chewd on itdroolio

the rings pretty.

Morning_Glory
yea Im going to steal that ring... and pawn it... i need to buy a new car and a house... that ring should cover all that

KillTheLight
you could probably go to Hawaii as well..eat

Morning_Glory
yea i could buy a house, a new car (2005), and i could take 2 of my KMC friends to Puerto Rico or Bahamas!! eek!

*makes a plan right now to steal the ring* Big Kiss! x

KillTheLight
eek!..wootness

*packs bags*

Morning_Glory
confused I guess cF doesnt want to go... guess I'll have to take one of the Freaks or sblomie ... erm

KillTheLight
i think she's coming ..she's probably just deciding on what to wear..

Morning_Glory
no.. she's out!... she shouted at me in one of my pointless off topic threads just now...

stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
blah blah - i think this was right before the tom thing

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/BlueApple26/041105-a.jpg

ThePhantomsKiss
Why Paris?!?! Of all places PARIS! (: (

AWWWW MAN!!!! I wanna goto Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey any of you want to take me to paris?! I'll be your best friend! lol
happy

sblomie545
i hope what she was wearing was something for a role

sick

Morning_Glory
it's cute dress

Lana
....who cares?

sblomie545
it's cute dress

oh.... i kinda think its ugly, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions embarrasment

Morning_Glory
blah

sblomie545
yes linds sent me an article on how tom payed katie like 5 million dollars or something, but idk if i believe it, but... you never know

sk8stuff09
i bet their engangement is a publicity stunt...

ThePhantomsKiss
Don't know O_o

Morning_Glory
yes linds sent me an article on how tom payed katie like 5 million dollars or something, but idk if i believe it, but... you never know

I think the whole thing is fake... i think it is a publicity stunt to help their careers or .. well Katie's career....

but Tom hasnt had a public romance in a while ... so who knows...

post the article...about the $5 million...

sblomie545
i'll see if linds has it

i like ur new siggy MG btw

i bet it's fake, he's trying to help his career, which sadly it is, he's getting more attention now than he was....

Morning_Glory
but Katie got caught from the the sequel to the next batman.. all because of this engagement hoopla... we will see if they actually get married erm

sblomie545
i doubt it, if they do i'll be shocked, i mean, how long have they been dating??

Morning_Glory
^ oops I meant "cut"

only really been dating like 2 -3 months.. erm

sblomie545
in my opinion it's all publicity erm

hbanana
He's paying her, for sure. I heard he "auditioned" different "starlets" before choosing her. I mean, 5 mil, I bet she doesn't make that in a year normally! Plus, it's not necessarily bad business, he's cute after all...

Morning_Glory
when he was on Oprah ... Oprah kept asking how and where they met-- and he could never quite answer that question...

he acted so stupid on that show

sblomie545
i didn't see it but i heard all about it, he probably met her through his agent

Morning_Glory
o you should download it.. it's funny but sad... i mean he looks like a fool (in my opinion)

Oprah always looks like a fool

sblomie545
o you should download it.. it's funny but sad... i mean he looks like a fool (in my opinion)

Oprah always looks like a fool

lately his public persona is idiocity yes

maybe i will download it for my own amusment, who doesn't enjoy seeing a grown man act like a 13 yr old, thats what i heard he was acting like

Morning_Glory
here is the page with the Oprah interview - it doesnt take long to download

http://www.tomcruisefan.com/media/videos.php

amity75
I used to like Tom Cruise but recently he's made me want to vomit.

Morning_Glory
dont we all ^

ThePhantomsKiss
Heheheh

KillTheLight
I love the interview on Oprah it's one of the best thing ive seen Tom act in..he should seriously consider doing comedy

Morning_Glory
I wish I could have been a supporting actress.. you know sitting in the crowd acting like a giddy 25 yr old chic

KillTheLight
tsk! you know you have to be 30 plus or on a verge of a midlife crisis to sit in the audience

Morning_Glory
sad

KillTheLight
aww no worries MG im sure your time will come..and if your lucky Katie could be the main guest and you could major fan girl scream at her with the rest of your peers

Morning_Glory
katie katie katie katie katie katie katie ...

(Im on my way) big grin

sblomie545
found the article

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/gossip/

Morning_Glory
thanks

sblomie545
ur welcome happy

ThePhantomsKiss
ROFL
He really is a idiot! I thought I hated his acting..But now I think I actually want to hit him even more

Morning_Glory
he is a good actor.. but this whole katie thing is hurting his career

zrockerchick
I think he is a good actor, but i think it was just a publicity stunt!

Morning_Glory
it is... read the article sblomie posted...

zrockerchick
oh but that could just be what the tabloit says i mean they make up stuff all the time!

Morning_Glory
so...you should still read it.. it's interesting

sblomie545
and you never know, it could be true.....

KillTheLight
no i dont believe it..cause on that same website there's a link to an article saying orlando bloom is NOT gay..no2

Morning_Glory
Im not sure if that article is right not.. cause there are a lot of weird links to other articles on that same page that seem weird.. but I do think this whole relationshop is fishy fish

zrockerchick
so...you should still read it.. it's interesting
Okay, i read it and it sounds real enough but you never know!

sblomie545
Im not sure if that article is right not.. cause there are a lot of weird links to other articles on that same page that seem weird.. but I do think this whole relationshop is fishy fish

haha fishy, but even if he didn't pay her money there's something else he did, or they did, or something

somethign isn't right

zrockerchick
True, i mean how much older is he than her? like twenty years? dude find someone your own age!

Morning_Glory
he is 42 - and she is like 25 or 26

zrockerchick
Still big difference i mean that would be like being a senior and dating a baby! Not Right!

Morning_Glory
naw... i dont think its a big deal in the age.. I would date a guy who was 40 ??? well..maybe

GCG
maybe they are getting married to promote their own movies srug

...just a thought confused

Morning_Glory
the whole thing just seems fishyanimals_5

GCG
and paparazzi are ready to pounce on fishy stuff cat_2

sblomie545
yes im seriously beginning to think it's all one big fishy scam

botankus
Originally posted by zrockerchick
Still big difference i mean that would be like being a senior and dating a baby! Not Right!

Or even seventeen. Not many seventeen year olds are taking 1-year olds to dinner and a movie. Unless its their kid, of course.

zrockerchick
HaHa! well i am just saying what a big difference that is! I mean i can understand 5 to 10 years diference but i don't know i just don't think that its right! but it is just my opinion!

botankus
Well, the lowest I ever went was I dated a 16-year old when I was 23. Other than that, they've always been around the same age.

zrockerchick
how old are you?

botankus
29, and that is 100% accurate.

zrockerchick
Oh the highest i went was a guy who was 17, when i was 13, tell you what though my mother wasn't too happy about it!

zrockerchick
Originally posted by botankus
29, and that is 100% accurate.

Cool, i wish i was old enough to get out of my moms house! talk about drama drama and a more drama!lol!

botankus
And let me tell you how excited the 16-year old's mother was everytime I showed up at her house, too!

zrockerchick
Oh, i imagine she was furious and probavly watching everything you did, unless she trust her daughter!

botankus
Originally posted by zrockerchick
Cool, i wish i was old enough to get out of my moms house! talk about drama drama and a more drama!lol!

Except for paying bills and stuff, it's worth it.

zrockerchick
Bills, ech! i guess that is why you have to get a job!

botankus
I would like to have Tom Cruise's job, that would make it a lot easier.

zrockerchick
Yeah you wouldn't have to worry about any of it cause you would have your secretary do everything! Well that would be fun!

FLICKNAVY
The Tom Cruise/Holmes marriage is a big cover up. In reality, Tom is gay. A friend of my caters to his friends and his parties and has seen stuff go on. Him being gay would be unacceptable to a lot of the media and thats why he's not out of the closet (It probably goes against his scientology religious beliefs too).

sorrow
i dont think this thing will last that long..
just another sensation :/

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by FLICKNAVY
The Tom Cruise/Holmes marriage is a big cover up. In reality, Tom is gay. A friend of my caters to his friends and his parties and has seen stuff go on. Him being gay would be unacceptable to a lot of the media and thats why he's not out of the closet (It probably goes against his scientology religious beliefs too).

I believe he is gay too... but he didnt seem gay in "Eyes Wide Shut" ...

so was the whole marriage to Nicole fake... i think that was real and the relationship with Penelope was real? erm

ickeris2003
I dont really care about the whole tom katie relationship, who they are dating and things like that is their own thing. I just like to watch them act in movies and tv for my entertainment.

Morning_Glory
Katie cant act.. she bores people banana5

sblomie545
Katie cant act.. she bores people banana5

yes they claim she was cut from the second batman because of engagement crap, but i personally think they cut her because she sucked

Morning_Glory
laughing out loud that would be funny... if it was really for the reason cause her acting and stuff is crap

KillTheLight
she bores me yawn

Morning_Glory
you love her

KillTheLight
uh huh i want to have her children banana5

Morning_Glory
confused good luck with that clover

KillTheLight
thanks you can be their godmother

Morning_Glory
Im so thrilled rolleyes2

KillTheLight
i know you are..your so excited your making out with your cat eek!

Morning_Glory
no expression stop with the cat stuff.. I dont want everyone on KMC knowing what i do and dont do with my cat... meow

KillTheLight
aww want to keep all your action in the bedroom..shifty

Morning_Glory
rolleyes2

KillTheLight
*sigh*

Morning_Glory
Tom was hot in War of the Worlds perv perv ... maybe cause he was running from Aliens and stuff

KillTheLight
i didnt know katie was in the movie..blink

Morning_Glory
bwwaaahhaaaaa haaa ha ha no expression

What the f**k?

KillTheLight
sleep

Morning_Glory
toot wake up...

KillTheLight
make me eat

Morning_Glory
you look awake now...

KillTheLight
no..im not.. i just got up for a tom cruise alien snack...sleep

Morning_Glory
http://spielbergfilms.com/images/war4.jpg

KillTheLight
cute couple..i guess once she's legal..she'll be his next katie holmes happy

Morning_Glory
awww wont that be adorable. happy

i want to be the next katie holmes

KillTheLight
lick your shoes and punch the air and maybe just maybe your little wish will come true..eek!...i cant wait for your Oprah interview

Morning_Glory
OPRAH!!!!!!! Ive always wanted to be on Oprah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*screams like a desperate 30 something harmonal woman*

KillTheLight
tsk! guests cant do that..you can only jump on furniture pump your fist and punch the air..leave the mid life crisis audience screaming for us guys..

Morning_Glory
no

KillTheLight
yes...now go practise running away from tom on international tv..

Morning_Glory
dance how is this

KillTheLight
flick your hair and giggle more...

Morning_Glory
no... sleeping

Morning_Glory
he looks like "get the f*ck away from me lady" in this pic

either that - or "your breath smells like hamsters" erm

http://www.centralchronicle.com/20041212/12a.jpg

KillTheLight
shave your head and paint it orange..i think you'd look hot then droolio..plus it might remind tom of aliens droolio

KillTheLight
he looks like "get the f*ck away from me lady" in this pic

either that - or "your breath smells like hamsters" erm

http://www.centralchronicle.com/20041212/12a.jpg

he looks like he needs cheese

Morning_Glory
NO he doesnt... he looks like he need a good smack in the head.. or well Oprah does

KillTheLight
you find that pic hot ..your already frying it ..and planning to eat it right before you make out with your cat..

Morning_Glory
why does my cat have to be involved in my love life now confused

KillTheLight
shock you had better hope days isnt reading this..other wise there will be no nookie for you tonight when you get home nono

Morning_Glory
SHUUUUUUUTTTTT UP!!!!!!!!!

zrockerchick
Okay, break it up!

Morning_Glory
hug ok... erm

Morning_Glory
no expressionno expression

http://www.boomspeed.com/allhailme/070605_tomknowspsychiatry.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.