Should they totally remake 4,5 and 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Souer
I was thinking does anyone else share the view that they should remake episodes4,5,6? I only say this as Anakin is meant to be the most powerful Jedi/sith ever, but am I the only one who feels thats not shown in 4,5,6. I know the tec wasn't there but the fight between OBI and Darth should be so much better.

PVS
and this has what to do with ep3?

Sesse
I would gladly watch em for fun if they made those...
Like Starballz.

It would be comedy

Revan Souer
Originally posted by PVS
and this has what to do with ep3?
Because after watch episode 3 didn't ya just think they should keep going and remake the whole lot, think about it the cast from ep3 and the tec, but the classic story of 456

The Ones
yes. go ahead and remake them. then in a few more years when the whole saga wont be up to anyones standard and remake em some more.

*sigh*

but seriously i think they should do it so it can fit in to the PT and even if the effects will be bad in a few years, atleast they all look like the same films. not different films altogether

Revan Souer
Originally posted by The Ones
yes. go ahead and remake them. then in a few more years when the whole saga wont be up to anyones standard and remake em some more.

*sigh*

but seriously i think they should do it so it can fit in to the PT and even if the effects will be bad in a few years, atleast they all look like the same films. not different films altogether
Thats my point, I think the orginal are great but the everything in the movies look like they were made in the 70's. Look at yoda looks great in ep3 but like a puppet in ep5. Just think of what Darths duel with Obi would look like, battling there way through the DeathStar. They could even use some of the same actors

Revan Souer
it also would give lucas a chance to get rid of some of thous plot wholes

The Ones
obi wan could explain to luke about sifo dias ordering the army and explaining who he really was

JKozzy
Originally posted by Revan Souer
Thats my point, I think the orginal are great but the everything in the movies look like they were made in the 70's. Look at yoda looks great in ep3 but like a puppet in ep5. Just think of what Darths duel with Obi would look like, battling there way through the DeathStar. They could even use some of the same actors I have no problem with the way they connect. I think it's fine the way it is, really. Then there'd be two version of 4, 5, and 6, and they'll have to redo 1, 2, and 3 again. It'd be an endless cycle. But, if they did it, it's not like they're taking away what's already here. So if they do it, they do it. I'll watch it, as will everyone. But really? I don't think they need to. And they probably won't.

The Ones
actualy. just remake some bits not the entire trilogy. then add em in the dvd or cinema

JKozzy
That's what they've been doing wink

Saberstylemasta
Thats my point, I think the orginal are great but the everything in the movies look like they were made in the 70's. Look at yoda looks great in ep3 but like a puppet in ep5. Just think of what Darths duel with Obi would look like, battling there way through the DeathStar. They could even use some of the same actors

Yoda was a puppet in ep5

The Ones
Originally posted by JKozzy
That's what they've been doing wink

yes but the additional effects suck (well some of them)

Lana

Have you even seen the OT? They WERE made in the late 70's/early 80's, and Yoda WAS a puppet in EpV.

No, they should not remake the OT. Leave them as they are.

Ast Rofan
I dont care as long as Lucas doesnt call the them the only versions of 4,5,6. mad

And I dont know why, but Lana, your sig is creeping me out. eek!

palpy_666
I disagree with the majority. I believe that the entire OT should be redone with fresh new, CG effects. Spiffing up the duels and battles, replacing puppets with pixels, fixing up outdated looking computer systems (such as the death star computers in IV), fixing the sabers once and for all, and adding in some scenes of Palpatine and the Imperial Senate on Coruscant... these changes would make the OT way better.

Adding Vader and Palpatine on Coruscant would also be cool-- if they could find a good place to add this into one of the movies (most likely IV). I think Coruscant adds to the breadth and scope of the films... it makes SW seem very epic and huge.

Anyways, I believe that GL will one day spiff up the OT to match the PT... When watching the final edition of the OT, you won't even be able to tell the difference between the two trilogies (Effects wise)... it will be as if the PT and OT were made in the same generation... in order of I-VI.

For a sample of what can be done to spiff up the OT, just watch all of the menus on the OT DVD's... they look great. The best one is on the bonus disc where Luke is practicing with his saber on board the Falcon (from IV)... it looks so cleaned up and perfect! Really awesome.

The Ones
i totaly agree with palpy 666 every word is so in place and correct

DeVi| D0do
I totally disagree with palpy 666...

gentmax
I don't think that it should be done. Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood.

But...

I would watch them if they are redone.

Morning_Glory
I was thinking does anyone else share the view that they should remake episodes4,5,6? I only say this as Anakin is meant to be the most powerful Jedi/sith ever, but am I the only one who feels thats not shown in 4,5,6. I know the tec wasn't there but the fight between OBI and Darth should be so much better.

NOOO...mad I would be pissed off if some other girl played Princess Leia-- they would get someone who was anorexic or something to play her and that would piss me off

solsmitch
the only people who want the originals to re-done are annoying nerds who are obsessed with absolutely perfect continuity. if they were to be re-made it would cause a public outcry. people were annoyed enough after just a few minor changes

The Ones
i wasnt

spekdah
I reckong GL would do something like this, his philosophy of movie making is rooted in 'story telling' and pushing the tech to get the story told as the story teller visualizes it.
Being an independant movie maker also means its gotta make $$$, and Starwars would $$$ regardless of it being a rehash or remake.

Even if I didnt like the idea of 5, 6 and 7 being remade, so you seriously think I wouldnt go and see it?

spekdah
Originally posted by solsmitch
the only people who want the originals to re-done are annoying nerds who are obsessed with absolutely perfect continuity. if they were to be re-made it would cause a public outcry. people were annoyed enough after just a few minor changes

"Public outcry"!! get the f**k outta here, since when does an independent movie maker who's telling a story, building a business to tell it and working his ass off to get it done have to sway his artwork to accomadate the public?

Revan Souer
Originally posted by solsmitch
Im not a nerd, its just the older trilogy don't work anymore. As if they did you wouldn't get so many forums arguing about plot holes. I have kids and I bet they would appreciate them being redone. As for a public outcry that would depend on how well they were done

Red Superfly
Im not a nerd, its just the older trilogy don't work anymore. As if they did you wouldn't get so many forums arguing about plot holes. I have kids and I bet they would appreciate them being redone. As for a public outcry that would depend on how well they were done

No, the PT doesn't work.

The OT was there first, so by rights they really should have made more of an effort to keep the new PT in-line with the OT.

There's no need to redo them. WTF?

Like I have said before, why don't you go and remake Casablanca and Citizen Kane while you're at it.

Jesus H Christ.

spencerspider
ok y not make 7,8,9 instead i mean ive seen 4,5,6 and i dont care that they dont look half as good as the PT its ok.it was made way earlier.they would just be messing things up and i have no clue what 7,8,9 r about so i think it would be pretty cool to see the other 3 movies

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Red Superfly
No, the PT doesn't work.

The OT was there first, so by rights they really should have made more of an effort to keep the new PT in-line with the OT.

There's no need to redo them. WTF?

Like I have said before, why don't you go and remake Casablanca and Citizen Kane while you're at it.

Jesus H Christ.
Remakes happen all the time, look at king kong. You couldn't now remake the new tri even though its them that are really out of sink, but it is would be very intresting to se what Lucas could do with the old ones with the tec we have now. I doesn't work when they just update them as its clear where the updates have taken place. A complete remake is the best answer.

Red Superfly
Remakes happen all the time, look at king kong. You couldn't now remake the new tri even though its them that are really out of sink, but it is would be very intresting to se what Lucas could do with the old ones with the tec we have now. I doesn't work when they just update them as its clear where the updates have taken place. A complete remake is the best answer.

Actually, leaving them alone is the best answer.

They are done. End.

Revan Souer
Still think they should

Red Superfly
lol, OK, fair do's

Revan Souer
So are you telling me you wouldnt watch it?

Lana
Why do people keep saying the OT is out of sync? It is the original story, the PT was made AFTER. Lucas should have put more effort in keeping the PT lined up with the OT's storyline so there wasn't all the plotholes that came up. If anything, fix the damn PT.

Red Superfly
Thankyou Lana.

And Revan, no, I'd watch it, but if it's anything like the PT I'll be running back to the originals everytime.

The Ones
your saying the PT is crap? ****ing hell!

at the moment, PT smashes OT's ass, cooks it and eats it then poops it out

dont get me wrong, i love star wars. all the movies, but if your watching them in numerical order the OT will get boring as they wont look like the PT and they wont blend together. remake the OT so they look like the same movies. heres some of the things im on about

space battles:

PT=great cg space battles/ OT= crap battles where they use the same background plate over and over again and you can see the green behind the TIE fighters where the tried to take it out and the BG plates dont look rendered

saber fights

PT= great fights where they move super fast/ OT= only complaining about ep 4 here.. slow battles where they just push there sabers toward eachother very slowly. i understand that DV couldnt move well as he is half cybernetic half human. but look at how fast he moved in 5 and 6. he shouldve took down ben a long time before the final stike as ben moved so slow due to old age

Puppets

PT: digital characters that look so real and perfect/ OT: crap yoda, the clones/stormtroopers dont look as well done in ep2 and 3. and that asteroid monster. how shit and obivious did that look. and dont even talk to me about jabba in ep6

the list goes on. the only reason i want them redone is to make it look like the PT

if any body here that saw sw in 1977 and think that the PT is crap and think the cg should be taken out of the PT and not into the OT. think again. without cg there would only be about 4 minutes of each film and no story.

thats my 2 cents.

Apex512
Even though I like all the tech in the prequels and the light saber battles the OT is classic, and its not like King Kong, you just can't make a new one, Star Wars is a story told over 6 movies. I highly doubt the OT will ever be totally remade. besides I like the saga as a whole and enjoy both trilogys, although ROTS is my favorite episode.

Red Superfly
The Ones, All you have stated is how much the effects are better. Effects do NOT make the stories any better, in fact they are the reason as to why most people hate the PT or don't like it as much as the OT.

When you grow up, you may appreciate the OT story more than the flashy effects.

OT = Where the main bulk of the story happens. Better characters, funnier, more interesting, more varied characters and a proper space adventure.

PT = Flashy back-story full of digital wizardry. Fun, but nowhere near as good as the OT in terms of real character.

One day, you'll be mature enough to understand that effects do not make a great movie, and you'll stop judging the movies based on the damn graphical quality.

And, I've watched them in order, and frankly the movies get better in general as they go from 1-6. I get so sick of Episode II's crap that I can't wait till Vader shows up in III and we can get on with the important bit.

The Ones
maybe your right. but the effects told the story better. without effects we wouldnt be able to see the clone wars, if we didnt have effects we wouldnt be able to see the final battle in ep 3.. etc

Red Superfly
Why not?

There are go-arounds and compromises. The OT was built on them.

If GL wanted to make the Clone Wars in 1977, he could have done, only he would have used real actors in suits, in a field.

Big epic battles have been a movie staple for decades now. The Clone War would have been shot just like any other movie.

The final battle wouldn't have needed to have been on a lava planet to make the story any better. Change the lava to an indoor reactor and you'd still have the same story. It may not look as flashy but the story would be no different at all - and that is what is important right?

What I'm saying is, the effects do not dictate a good story. A good director would be able to pull off the same story as the PT but without such a heavy reliance on CGI, and in many ways, it could have been better, especially because the actors wouldn't be on green screen sets all the time.

And I dunno about you but some of the duel in Episdoe III reminded me of a video game, especially the very fake looking lava hopping.

I mean I like the movies, but when it comes down to it, you remove the effects, and the OT still shines (because most of the key and famous scenes were CHARACTER driven), while the PT is exposed and weak without it (because it's best scenes relied totally on effects and flashy stunts).

Apex512
I do think the old trilogy focused more on the characters and had a lot more emotion put into it. Whereas with the new trilogy, instead of all the real emotion, shows us lots of flashy effects to entertain us. In the old trilogy we had a cast that was in every movie and we could relate better, but with the PT characters just come and go and you don't really get to know them unless you buy a book ... for example Maul, Grevious, Dooku, etc. Anyway good point Superfly

Revan Souer
But if they remade the ot you could have it all, the great character based story with the added advantage of seeing Darths full power which you don't see in the OT. You got to admit the duals are pretty weak

The Ones
i agree with revan. if they put better effects in with the exact same plot and story and emotion, it will be the best saga ever! (not that it allready isnt)

Red Superfly
But if they remade the ot you could have it all, the great character based story with the added advantage of seeing Darths full power which you don't see in the OT. You got to admit the duals are pretty weak

Wait a minute, do you mean remake the OT with the existing footage or remake the OT COMPLETELY?

Updating the OT? Sure, as long as it's done right this time.

Remaking it? Hell no.

Revan Souer
i agree with revan. if they put better effects in with the exact same plot and story and emotion, it will be the best saga ever! (not that it allready isnt)
Thank you,
Please understand I don't have anything against OT but think given that the Duals were better in ep3 and all the computers have 3d images in PT. Would it just be great to see them all look like there one film in six parts rather then ep456 and the new ep123?

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Wait a minute, do you mean remake the OT with the existing footage or remake the OT COMPLETELY?
If they could update the OT which made VADA seem like the most powerful jedi ever then great but I just can't see them making that work

DeVi| D0do
Vader is in a frickin suit, has no real limbs, and relies on a mask to stay alive! He's NOT the most powerful Jedi ever! Which is why Palpatine wanted Luke. Because Luke would be everything Vader could be without the suit...

Revan Souer
Having Machine parts shouldn't effect a Jedi, Sith or not. As a Little green thing said "Judge me by my size do you. As well you should not"
Quite simply the six films don't match and the only way of doing it is to remake ep456. They could even use Portman as Leia, bet you'd wanna watch that

Red Superfly
No because Carrie Fisher is Leia......

What the f**k?

DeVi| D0do
So you expect to see Vader jumping around the room like a frog on speed?

Ya know what the smart thing would've been? To make the PT in line with the OT. duh.

If anyone remakes the OT I will personally hammer rusty nails into their ears and gouge out their eyes.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
So you expect to see Vader jumping around the room like a frog on speed?

Ya know what the smart thing would've been? To make the PT in line with the OT. duh.

If anyone remakes the OT I will personally hammer rusty nails into their ears and gouge out their eyes.
yes ep123 should of been inline but they're not as for the rusty nail thingwouldn't want to piss you off offline. Your a litle scary sad

DeVi| D0do
Haha. I'm really not. I just don't see the point in remaking these almost-perfect movies (ESB anyway).

If they were to be remade they'd have the style of the PT which I hate.

Anyway, why are we even discussing this? IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Revan Souer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Haha. I'm really not. I just don't see the point in remaking these almost-perfect movies (ESB anyway).

If they were to be remade they'd have the style of the PT which I hate.

Anyway, why are we even discussing this? IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
Because Hollywood won't let the StarWars films just disappear you know there do something and probably something even worse than a remake

Red Superfly
I would be happy for them to update the OT some more. The picture quality is consistent with the prequels, and some of the effects have been updated sufficiently, they just need to get their act together and nail those other technical issues they missed (and created by simply trying and failing to make it better eg lukes green saber in ANH).

Would be fine if they added new effects to the existing print and just do the job they should have done for the DVD's

DeVi| D0do
I have no problem with them updating the OT.

The saber FX NEED to be fixed! I just can't stand to watch Vader with a pink lightsaber. In the 'Making Of' book Lucas says when reviewing the OT DVDs that the Bespin shot needs to be updated 'for any future releases'. Good call. And they really need to fix Jabba in ANH, he just looks horible. I'd also not have a problem with updating the space battle at the end of ANH. And by that I don't mean making it longer or changing any camera angles - I think it's great how it is - but getting rid of some of the horrible out-dated model work. It just looks shamefull with all the other updates...

Red Superfly
Yeah. There's an awful failed shot of a very tiny-looking (but meant to be huge) power conduit that an X-Wing blows up. It has electricity surging around it and it looks bloody awful.

Things like that, the failed lightsabers, the pixelated boxes and some of the bad animations need to be updated.

I wouldn't mind if they CGI-ified some of the plasticine model work - namely the Tauntaun from ESB and the Chess Match in ANH. The animation looks crap and a nice bit of CGI would be a lot better.

DeVi| D0do
mm, If they can make the tauntaun look the same (but move more fluidly) and not look like those turds in the PT (namely the Eopie) I'd be happy. But I like the chess game looking stop-motioned big grin

They also need to fix the Rancor. And I don't mean the animatronic work which I think is fine, but there are shots where you can just totally tell it's fake. (eg when Luke goes to put the bone in its mouth - awful).

Revan Souer
What about the Jaba sceen they added to ep1, something has to be done with that

Darth hi
i think they shouldn't change the story line but just update the techstarwars
ps i agree wit the part that ben v vader wasn't very good

tomcat i love planes

The Ones
I dont want to see a TOTAL REMAKE of the OT with different actors. just update the effects so it fits in to the PT since the PT kicked ass.

heres a list of things i would like to see changed in the OT

Lukes green and white sabers to be blue

Jabba in ANH and (even worse) in ROTJ to be better

change vaders lightsaber to red

update the space battle as you can see the green around the ties of where they shot it seperatly and tried to blend in (mostly in anh)

use a bit more cg to make ben and vader better (the fight, not the characters)

the asteroid monster needs to be changed so its not obviously a hand puppet

taun tauns better

SS cg to make it look like there the same as the ones from ROTS

(if possible) make the computers in the death star more like the ones weve seen in ROTS.

i think thats everything

Revan Souer
I dont want to see a TOTAL REMAKE of the OT with different actors. just update the effects so it fits in to the PT since the PT kicked ass.

heres a list of things i would like to see changed in the OT

Lukes green and white sabers to be blue

Jabba in ANH and (even worse) in ROTJ to be better

change vaders lightsaber to red

update the space battle as you can see the green around the ties of where they shot it seperatly and tried to blend in (mostly in anh)

use a bit more cg to make ben and vader better (the fight, not the characters)

the asteroid monster needs to be changed so its not obviously a hand puppet

taun tauns better

SS cg to make it look like there the same as the ones from ROTS

(if possible) make the computers in the death star more like the ones weve seen in ROTS.

i think thats everything
I agree with all the changes, they also need to do something about yoda just to keep in line ep123. But still I can't see them doing it with out changing around 50% of the OT. So why not just do it all again. E.M could keep as Obi. But I would be intresting to see who would get the role of Luke and Han

The Ones
a total remake? agree with you i do not

the actors are superb the way they are. if they remade everything including the actors then it wont be watchable. i cant see anyone taking the place of carrie, mark or harrison. they ARE the characters. and they cant remake it with the original actors cause they look so different and older. not good. updating the effects will make the OT better. but a total remake, will be georges last seconds on earth

Revan Souer
a total remake? agree with you i do not

the actors are superb the way they are. if they remade everything including the actors then it wont be watchable. i cant see anyone taking the place of carrie, mark or harrison. they ARE the characters. and they cant remake it with the original actors cause they look so different and older. not good. updating the effects will make the OT better. but a total remake, will be georges last seconds on earth
I do agree a upgrade would better but I can't see them blending new and old tec very well, its not worked before. But really if they did do a Remake who do you think should have the main parts?

Lana
I liked puppet Yoda FAR better than CG Yoda, personally.

And guys, the duel between Obi-wan and Vader in ANH isn't supposed to be insanely good like the PT duels. It's an old man vs. someone who's half man-half machine, and who are probably quite out of practice with duelling.

DeVi| D0do
^ Totally agree, Lana.

Bardock42

Revan Souer

Bardock42
I don't mean jumping around just more dramatic, Ben(Alec Guinese) was to old to really fight, but an aged Ewan would do great. I could be wrong but the lightsaber also looked crap evil face

Yes, well I wasn't refering to you actually...I was just saying in general that their fighting style doesn't necessarily have to be worse.

And I wouldn't mind a remake in a few years either but I also don't really need it...

Lord Chariol
Are you all crazy? Episodes IV, V, and VI are classics and remaking them would be the most blasphemous thing anyone could ever do or even think about. Do you call yourselves fans? This is disgraceful. I can't believe anyone would ever suggest it. Adding the Jabba the Hutt scene in A New Hope was terrible, it looked awful and took away from the original masterpeice. Would anybody paint highlights in the hair of the Mona Lisa? No, and you should be ashamed of thinking of remaking some of the best movies ever made. It would cheapen the remake and also cheapen the original just like they did with Psycho.

AmrothSkywalker
Agree with everything you said I do Lord Chariol

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Lord Chariol
Are you all crazy? Episodes IV, V, and VI are classics and remaking them would be the most blasphemous thing anyone could ever do or even think about. Do you call yourselves fans? This is disgraceful. I can't believe anyone would ever suggest it. Adding the Jabba the Hutt scene in A New Hope was terrible, it looked awful and took away from the original masterpeice. Would anybody paint highlights in the hair of the Mona Lisa? No, and you should be ashamed of thinking of remaking some of the best movies ever made. It would cheapen the remake and also cheapen the original just like they did with Psycho. you make a very good arguement you might of changed my mind well done

DarkAge
To update a movie is one thing, but remaking it and then not acknowledging the existence of the first version is like trying to deny history.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.