The Official Gungrave Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zatch_Bell
Gungrave just started playing on G4TV and that is my new favorite anime.

grey fox
its kinda liike hellsing

jnr hiphop
Gungrave is a good one.

Zatch_Bell
yep they went from present to past to present. confused me at first but then it made me understand it alot more.

jnr hiphop
I didn't really see much of this. Only 2 dvds. That's all.

Haru-Donovan
They need to get some new episodes of it. I've seen the ones their showing now. And now I have nothing to do at 12:00-1:00 a.m. sad

sk8stuff09
whats mangay?...oh i mean manga...

Haru-Donovan
It's the book form of anime. Kinda like comics but Japanese. I don't know if that'll help you out any but hey, I tried.

Haru-Donovan
And if I'm not right, I know some one will correct me.

Zatch
I saw I think all of them. It was a short anime. The last one the way they both die it is odd.

Big_Daddy2
I just started watching this anime. The first 2 eps confused me, thought I was getting ahead of myself there lol...as I see others have to.

I'm liking this series so far, i'll give my thoughts on this as I get further watching more Gungrave.

Big_Daddy2
Wow...i've watched up to episode 14 so far. What an incredible anime. Dramatic, and violent as it is, the storyline is really good. The relationship between Harry McDowell and Brandon Heat has been crafted really well......Congratulations, I've never gradually hated a character over time as much as Harry......I guess that's the feeling the producers were trying to convey on the viewers overtime as they try to explain the events of the first episode regarding how Brandon was betrayed. Can't wait to finish the series.

EDIT: This is a short anime, only 26 episodes.

Balance
i love gun grave it is on my top list of anime but my teacher hates gun grave but loves inuyasha i hate inuyaha any way gun grave is a short anime series but not as short as flcl though its about 18 or 17 episodes then i think theres a movie

King KAM
Just DLed it on bit comet, it is pretty good so far, ithas the same animation from trigun, seeing asHarry is a DEAD ringer for vash,lol, but so far i like it and i hope it only gets better.

Big_Daddy2
I think i'm on Eps 19...anyways, this series is really starting to pick up and the soundtrack is pretty interesting too...some spoilers hidden.

I'm still not finished yet, looks like Grave is takin' the fight to Harry. Bob Poundmax is going head to head with his Superior form.

b-dan
i saw it on g4 to like 3 months ago its good the main cracter has my name and gets shot then shoots his best freinds brains out well they both do it at the same time it was cool

b-dan
it makes me wanna play the game

King KAM
Originally posted by b-dan
i saw it on g4 to like 3 months ago its good the main cracter has my name and gets shot then shoots his best freinds brains out well they both do it at the same time it was cool
it doesnt say that they killed each other, no-one knows.
and i just sawe it in japanese and it was awesome!!!!

Zatch
Originally posted by King KAM
it doesnt say that they killed each other, no-one knows.
and i just sawe it in japanese and it was awesome!!!! they do kill each other they blow each others brains out.

b-dan
ya after beyond the grave got like shot like 1,000 times

Zatch
yeah and Harry got shot like 4 times.

King KAM
Originally posted by Zatch
they do kill each other they blow each others brains out.
no they didnt, duh!!!!

but you like zatch bell, so i wouldnt expect more from you.....

b-dan
they did i remebure htta it was hte first episode i saw beyond the grave had like a boulder on him covergin him and harry then theses cops come in and then beyond the grave jumps in the air and kills them all and get shot 1,00 times harry gets it in the arm i think and he scream out brandon and it all goes white and then they are both almost dead so they point a gun to each others head BAM then the episode was over

Big_Daddy2
Hey guys, use spoilers for those who haven't seen the series yet. Ruining the ending like that isn't helping anyone.

Just finished the series, my initial thoughts:

I haven't watched anything yet so far, that includes a Syndicate or Mafia involved storyline. The family was constructed well, and Brandon and Harry raised themselves well through the ranks. A lot of questionable scenarios, but then, the good guy is a bad guy in the sense that he's only trying to make a better life for him and his friend, and that's really all he's known.

I liked the ending, it makes a lot of sense. The idea of balance to all of the chaos paid off...it was fitting to the storyline and to who Harry and Brandon were as Characters.

Good soundtrack, I don't think you can have a despairing moment without a strong piece of orchestrated background filler to help keep you involved. I was impressed with the gun work of Grave, lol...kept reminding me of Christian Bale in Equilibrium.

b-dan
i wanna see equilibrum but i cant find it anywere mad

Zatch
Originally posted by King KAM
no they didnt, duh!!!!

but you like zatch bell, so i wouldnt expect more from you..... I watched every episode and each one more than once so dont go runing your mouth.

MikaSato7
The ending was actually pretty good, it brought a lot of closure to the series.You actually know that it's the end and your not overly disappointed with the outcome.

Zatch
well Harry was shot multiple times as well.

Zatch
yeah and I agree...sorry been away from here for a bit...

Black Adam
I really liked this show smile

calvs
Originally posted by Black Adam
I really liked this show smile Same. Almost as good as Bebop.

Tallis
I especially liked the part where

SPOILER:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Harry killed Brandon I mean he shot him in the eye and he feel through a window that was pretty badass

calvs
Originally posted by Tallis
I especially liked the part where

SPOILER:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Harry killed Brandon I mean he shot him in the eye and he feel through a window that was pretty badass And this is why we have spoiler tags roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tallis
Originally posted by calvs
And this is why we have spoiler tags roll eyes (sarcastic)

You just love picking on me don't you

calvs
Originally posted by Tallis
You just love picking on me don't you
"The art of sarcasm is one that has been perfected over the centuries."

"Is it possible to understand this power?"

"Not if you are an idiot."

Zatch
Yeah even though the anime is short in itself. Going through it all was still excelent. Dragging it out longer would have bothered me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.