Obi-wan is just as bad as Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I recall Obi-wan saying "don't let your personal feelings get in the way" So Obi-wan had to kill Anakin. But he left Anakin to die rather than to finish him off because he was like a "brother" to him. He broke his own words.

DeVi| D0do
Indeed. The fact that Obi-Wan sees Anakin as a brother is enough to suggest he's kind of a hypocrit.

Darth Koroni
The Jedi Order beleives you can shove emotions under the carpet, which is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. That is why so many bad things have happened because of the anti-selfcounciousness rule.

DeVi| D0do
Yup. It is because of the Jedi's belief that you should let go of your feelings that Anakin turns. If they had let Anakin be open about his feelings for Padme I don't believe it would have happened.

DarkAge
^Exactly, you can almost not blame him for turning.

LordSorgo
Still would have happened. Anakin still would have forseen her death.

Darth Koroni
But the marriage wouldn't have been secret, which would have taken alot of stress from them, and Anakin could have gotten some useful advice from Yoda, not hypocricy.

matreid
I don't believe lukes era of jedi try to hide their feelings. They do try to control their emotions though.

Cybervader
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Indeed. The fact that Obi-Wan sees Anakin as a brother is enough to suggest he's kind of a hypocrit.

How so? I thought compassion was essential to a jedi's life?

Huma
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Still would have happened. Anakin still would have forseen her death.

Would there of been a death? I thought she died of a broken heart. The Med. droid said her body was perfectly healthy at the time of and after birth. So, if Anikan hadn't of been so angry, stressed, and what not about the relationship I think he wouldn't of turned. Him expressing his feelings could of prevented his betrayal of the jedi and in turn, prevented Padmes death. There would of been no death to forsee. Does that make sense to anyone? That's how i see things in my head right now.

CrazyOcelot
But, the fact that he did foresee her death of a broken heart shows that it was an inevitable part of the future. He was always going to turn.
Its his fault but there were many contributary factors as always

ArynCrinn
Who cares if obi wan didn't kill him!
IF he had, the galaxy surely would have remained under the emperors rule since luke would never be strong enough to defeat him.
Maybe it is even possible that obi wan saw anakin destroying palpatine and decided not to finish the job? He never actually says to any one the he knew he was dead.
And yes the jedi ways during the republic were not right. They detracted so much from the original ways that it almost destroyed them.

Ast Rofan
Obi is a jedi through and through, unlike Anakin or Mace, he couldnt kill an enemy he had already beaten.

Darth_Duffy
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Obi is a jedi through and through, unlike Anakin or Mace, he couldnt kill an enemy he had already beaten.

good shout that man.
I dont understand why everybody thinks its cool to pick faults with obi-wan. Anakin was the arrogant, petulant and eventually evil one, not obi-wan.

Bardock42

Robin Darkside
Obiwan was a hypocrit, but come on, would you rather have Obiwan not think Anakin was like a bro to him?

DeVi| D0do
Obi-Wan was a hypocrit but only because the Jedi's beliefs are so stupid. He was right to see Anakin that way, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Cybervader
How so? I thought compassion was essential to a jedi's life?
Yes, compassion is essential to a Jedi's life... but the love you have for a brother is much more than compassion.

Ogami Itto
hmmmm it seems that Ani and Obi weren't very good jedi afterall!!

Swanky-Tuna
I think things are different when you're trying to prevent the galaxy from being overcome with evil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.