The Black Mages

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RagnaViper
If you haven't heard these guys yet, then you're missing out. As my favorite band, I am obliged to inform you of their awesomeness. They cover the music from the Final Fantasy games in a rock format.

The end result: Awesomeness.
The music is symphonic at it's roots (obvious since it is based on the Final Fantasy music) with the ripping guitars and excellent drumming that makes you headbang until you have your boss looking at you like you're a complete nut-case.

They use a keyboard, two guitars, bass, drums, and an electric organ (manned by Nobuo Uematsu himself).

The albums aren't too hard to find, though I doubt you would find them in your local Target. They have two albums released, of which I found on eBay pretty easily. They also have a live DVD which is next to impossible to find.

If you want a sampler, search for The Black Mages on iTunes. You can also buy their albums there.

Enjoy the awesome that is *The Black Mages*.

TrAnCeDuO
theyre okay i guess...ive only heard "the decisive battle(ffVI)" by them but i would only give it a 7.5 out of 10. the song starts pretty good but around 2:00 they seem to have turned it into a jam session that doesnt really have a direction. but hey ill keep my mind open to other songs by them if i ever get the chance to d/l em.

Cinemaddiction
I've heard "Force Your Way". Sounds like music they'd use for a 1980's Burger King training video. "Battle with Seymour" sounds like ****ing carnival music.

Not a fan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.