Fett's Slave I vs Vader's TIE Advanced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DiamondBullets
Who would win this dogfight?

Fishy
Well Fett has the superior ship but Vader well, its Vader... One of the greatest pilots ever not to mention he has the force. He coudl pull it off

Lord Caltor
were does it say he is one of the greatest pilots ever? i remember in the films saying he was a great pilot but never one of the best....

Fishy
Okay great, but if you see him fly... Well he does some great shit

Darth Plagues
Darth Vader is a great pilot. If you see him in ANH he's locking on all the ships by hand...he dosen't use a targeting computer...that takes skill. Darth Vader would win this one.

Emperor Revan
Boba Fett is a good pilot too, and with a much better ship. I think Boba takes this one.

Fishy
Yeah Boba was a good pilot too, but his dad who could just as well be piloting the slave (cause there was no pilot specified) couldn't take out Obi who wasn't even near the piloting skills of Anakin or Vader

Emperor Revan
Obi was a really good pilot, he just didn't like flying, and Jango did come extremely close. Obi probably had second thoughts about fighting him after nearly dying twice.

Fishy
Obi was good, but no Anakin

Darth Plagues
Obi-Wan was not close to Anakin with piloting skills.

Lord Darkstar
actually in ANH Obi says that he was "the greatest pilot in the galaxy" or something along those lines, and he had faced off against Jango and been in enough space battles that he knew what he was talking about. So even though Boba has the better ship, Vader takes this. In RotS even with 2 missiles fired at him he can avoid them, he also wanted to go help some squadren, and when you see what the squad was fighting, it was dozens of droids, yet both him and Obi seemed sure that he could deal with it, Obi just wanted him to focus on the mission

Emperor Revan
Yes, he was fighting droids, not someone like Boba who's father nearly killed Obi-Wan. Obi was a very good pilot and Lucas says: "Anakin wasn't the best starpilot in the galaxy, Obi was just trying to make Luke feel better" or something on that lines. I believe it's in the episode IV dvd commentary when Luke is in Ben's house.

Darth Plagues
Still he's good. Slave l would blow up...

Lord Darkstar
"Anakin wasn't the best starpilot in the galaxy, Obi was just trying to make Luke feel better" or something on that lines. I believe it's in the episode IV dvd commentary when Luke is in Ben's house.
Orginally posted by Emperor Revan

Really, I didn't know this, thanks for the info.

And yes, I know those guys were droids, but it is still impressive that he could have taken on dozens of them.

I still say Anakin, though I don't really have any reasons besides what I already said. Man that makes me sound like a fanboy, meh, gut feeling I guess.

Darth L. Dipsit
I agree. Vader is amazing. This is simply a fact. Boba is a great pilot, but Vader has powers of intuition which would come in handy in an air battle that Boba does not. Regardless of how many weapons the Slave I has and no matter the experience Boba has, this is a fight in which Vader's skill will be the determining factor, I believe.

Wickerman
AFAIK force users have some affinity to piloting, shown by Anakin, Obi, and Asajj's skill. Now, i don't wanna talk outta my arse (which i might be doing) but i think Saesee Tiin could easily take out Anakin in a space fight (yes, i know that's off topic). However, i think VADER would take out Fett's Slave.

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
Vader's got the experience edge on Boba and the force. It will be an epic battle, but Boba would lose.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
if its vader and fett piloting, than vaders interceptor wins.....but if it is two unknowns with the exact amount of flying ability....then slave 1 owns.

Lord Darkstar
^ yup, I have to agree with what Dan said above, (first time for everything)

Darth_DaNThEMaN
we all join the darkside at sum point.....only a matter of time.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
http://alf.disim.com/photos/album/alf/alf13.jpg

Lord Darkstar
lol, now that I've joined the dark side do I get cookies?

Darth_DaNThEMaN
no, but you get a sh!T load of Alf.http://alf.disim.com/photos/album/alf/alf22.jpg

Lord Darkstar
AHHHHH *jumps up and down in awe and excitment*

Lord Darkstar
*looking at last post* man, sarcasm is so lost over the internet

Darth_DaNThEMaN
lmao, i got it.

DiamondBullets
But the Imperial TIE series of star fighters had no shielding, secondary weapons or life support systems. I wonder if maybe Fett woulda just dropped one of those auditory black-hole bombs his dad used against Obi-Wan and then just haul-ass outta the blast radius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.