Anakins Portrayal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejay88
Hello, i'm new to this board, i've searched to see if there are any similar threads to this one but couldn't find any.I was just wondering how people felt towards the Anakin character in the movies? I personally, don't really think Anakin deserves the title as hero as the Original trilogy and general Star Wars mythology would have you to believe.I think the main reason for this is because of the following:

Episode1- Annoyin smart-ar*ed brat
Episode2-Arrogant know-all who ignores his peers.
Episode3-Weak and easily manipulated into doing the unthinkable (killing Padme and children)

If anything i was glad to see Anakin get his ass whupped by Obi-Wan and get burned to bring him down a peg or two?
How did the rest of you feel when this happened, any thoughts?

brendy
i just thought it was a kick @ss fight. Ob1 RULES!!!

Welcome to KMC by the way

peejay88
Thanks.
The fight did rock , you're right!
And Obi-Wan does rule, by far the best character in the Star Wars universe! IMO

spencerspider
aww my fav character is anakin the fight was great yes but i didnt like him getting burned

DenKi
i should of played Anakins Character, it would of been immense

Revan Souer
old or young ana

R2D2-89
young anakin is sooo annoying...sorry if iv just offended, but he really got on my nerves

DeVi| D0do
I hate Hayden. He was terrible in this film (for the most part).

Darth_Nefarus
I think Hayden was alright, but they could have gotten someone better.
Imagine if it would have been christian Bale, the new batman!
He would have torn the house down as Vader.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus

He's too old. Otherwise Christian Bale would've been brilliant for ANY role in SW. His cold emotionless look from Equilibrium would be incredi-cool for a Boba/Jango/clone commander character, or even for a Jedi. His American Psycho fits of rage would've been perfect for a Sith....he's bloody brilliant.

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
Too old my balls, makeup does wonders, along with the right hair

But even so, Topher Grace from that 70's show would have been better lol
and I'm serious

LordSorgo
Originally posted by peejay88
Hello, i'm new to this board, i've searched to see if there are any similar threads to this one but couldn't find any.I was just wondering how people felt towards the Anakin character in the movies? I personally, don't really think Anakin deserves the title as hero as the Original trilogy and general Star Wars mythology would have you to believe.I think the main reason for this is because of the following:

Episode1- Annoyin smart-ar*ed brat
Episode2-Arrogant know-all who ignores his peers.
Episode3-Weak and easily manipulated into doing the unthinkable (killing Padme and children)

If anything i was glad to see Anakin get his ass whupped by Obi-Wan and get burned to bring him down a peg or two?
How did the rest of you feel when this happened, any thoughts?

Anakin killed his children, eh?

Well, i guess that explains why there is no Luke or Leia in Episodes IV-VI....

*COUGH*

Bicnarok
Obi Wan is defintely the coolest character.

Anniken is just some confused young lad getting manipulated by everyone.

Wickerman
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Anakin killed his children, eh?

Well, i guess that explains why there is no Luke or Leia in Episodes IV-VI....

*COUGH*

Come on Sorgo...he obviously meant the younglings

~wickerman~

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Wickerman
Come on Sorgo...he obviously meant the younglings

~wickerman~

Right... And i am guessing killing younglings is violent?

It wasn't violent because...

A. I hate Younglings

and

B. They didn't show them getting killed. For all we know, they dueled Anakin, escaped and placed dummies of themselves on the Library floors.... C'mon, Wickerman!

Wickerman
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Right... And i am guessing killing younglings is violent?

It wasn't violent because...

A. I hate Younglings

and

B. They didn't show them getting killed. For all we know, they dueled Anakin, escaped and placed dummies of themselves on the Library floors.... C'mon, Wickerman!

shifty

now i KNOW you're not being serious

~wickerman~

DarkYoda
Let's enumerate Anakin's good qualities...

confused

laughing out loud

but seriously...

He did care about people (sometimes) roll eyes (sarcastic)

And whether he was an ass or not, he did put his life on the line to save others... that does make you a hero (even if you are whiney/arrogant)

peejay88
Hayden was pretty bad, well wooden.Imagine though if Leonardo Dicaprio was actually chosen for this role?? That really would have sucked, he's a completely different type of wooden.

theshakl
Well Anakin Represents All of us when we loose it...it represents us not holding back...it represents what we would do if we didn't have to hold back.... if we had the power he had....all the other jedi are strict..but Anakin has emotions like Love, hate etc. and I loved Anakin, he's a normal lil kid.. (brat) who cares its normal..yet he is still smart and stuff
In episode 2 he seems like a normal guy growing up... and You guys can't forget that hthis guy has been taken out of a normal life..imagine how that would feel?!?!

and in episode 3 you guys are again forgetting about the Dark Side Addiction.

He is a guy who made mistakes, and in the end after so many years of being in a mistake he sees that he was wrong and he gives up his life for it.....

and that my friens..is a true hero...a hero with flaws...not the happy Spiderman type

peejay88
Originally posted by theshakl
Well Anakin Represents All of us when we loose it...it represents us not holding back...it represents what we would do if we didn't have to hold back.... if we had the power he had....all the other jedi are strict..but Anakin has emotions like Love, hate etc. and I loved Anakin, he's a normal lil kid.. (brat) who cares its normal..yet he is still smart and stuff
In episode 2 he seems like a normal guy growing up... and You guys can't forget that hthis guy has been taken out of a normal life..imagine how that would feel?!?!

and in episode 3 you guys are again forgetting about the Dark Side Addiction.

He is a guy who made mistakes, and in the end after so many years of being in a mistake he sees that he was wrong and he gives up his life for it.....

and that my friens..is a true hero...a hero with flaws...not the happy Spiderman type

*wipes tear from eye* That was one hell of a speech, musta been because for the 1st time ive seen things from Anakins point of view.

theshakl
oh and yeah the Dark Side doesn't get enough credit in Anakin's Downfall because the Dark Side is like a drug..addicting..and confusing

When Anakin killed the Tusken Raiders it was like... he got a lil sip of Dark Side...and thats where the addiction began
when he killed Dooku again. the darkside was there and he could feel it... and he wanted to feel the DarKside again. And palps encourgaging him only made things worse..then when he kills Mace Anakin looks really drugged up...that is when the Dark side has completely blinded and taken over him he is no longer rationaly. He let the addiction take over him...and not until episode 6 is he able to get away from this powerful addiction...which we really have no idea how it feels since we are not force users and stuff

peejay88
I suppose Anakin can kinda be forgiven for killing the younglings, even though killing kids is probarbly one of the worst things you can do. At the time he was not really 'Anakin' because he was twisted by the Dark side, as yoda says.And he was actually Darth Vader at the time.

Darth Travizzle
Originally posted by peejay88
Thanks.
The fight did rock , you're right!
And Obi-Wan does rule, by far the best character in the Star Wars universe! IMO
Ya welcome dude. But personally I felt sorry for Anakin. But in the end he got what he deserved. And Obi-Wan ROCKS MY WORLD! Jk. But he is cool though.

p. skywalker
i'd take ani right before he got in it with obi.. cause the more evil he got .. the hotter he got!!!!!!! LOL.. I liked Anakin in all the movies.. i thought hayden did have a few courney lines here and there.. but all and all he did just fine in my book.. i should have been padme though...LOL

Ani's Girl
I thought that Hayden did a good job as Anakin. It seemed to me like time and again, he tried to do the right thing (including telling Mace that it was wrong to kill Palpatine, he should be brought in; telling Padme he knew he shouldn't want more and he felt lost, etc).

Palpatine really sold him on the Jedi being out for power, and played on his love for Padme. For some time, he believed he was bringing peace. Once he felt that he had lost Padme, it was just too late to turn back...

Ani's Girl
How come my Avatar isn't showing up?

DarkAge
I can see it.

Anyway yeah I agree that Anakin just gave up on himself when he was told he'd killed Padme. It is true that love can make someone do very ruthless things. He just became less and less rational as the PT went on (I think the look of his hair was intended to represent this). When you think about it, the pursuit of wanting someone to love you is in some way, selfish. It's actually pretty interesting how what happens to Anakin in Sith closely resembles my own life right now.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkAge
I can see it.

Anyway yeah I agree that Anakin just gave up on himself when he was told he'd killed Padme. It is true that love can make someone do very ruthless things. He just became less and less rational as the PT went on (I think the look of his hair was intended to represent this). When you think about it, the pursuit of wanting someone to love you is in some way, selfish. It's actually pretty interesting how what happens to Anakin in Sith closely resembles my own life right now.

that's beyond the point. He was a jedi. He should have abided the rules. Emotional weakness is weakness none the less even if it's understandable. Mace was 100% correct not to trust him.

~wickerman~

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus

Amazing how fast people are jumping on the Bale bandwagon. stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
Amazing how fast people are jumping on the Bale bandwagon. stick out tongue

I've been on the Bale bandwagon since American Psycho stick out tongue And i ain't coming off big grin

~wickerman~

Ast Rofan
I've been on the Bale bandwagon since American Psycho stick out tongue And i ain't coming off big grin

~wickerman~

I latched on after Equilibrium, still need to watch psycho, I have only seen parts.

My friends kept doubting him as Batman, I wanted to smack them upside the head. But the movie has done that for me.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ast Rofan
My friends kept doubting him as Batman

SUch insolence will not go unavenged
box

~wickerman~

DarkAge
that's beyond the point. He was a jedi. He should have abided the rules. Emotional weakness is weakness none the less even if it's understandable. Mace was 100% correct not to trust him.

~wickerman~

To be completely honest, I'm not sure I wouldn't have done the same thing as Anakin. If love truly is the meaning of life, does anything else really matter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.