Saiyuki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2Tidus!
Who else has seen this Anime? I just started watcihng it! I LOVE IT!

EvilCap America
Ive got all of season 1 on DVD.Saiyuki is great i enjoyed it alot despite a few disposable stories.Im hoping to get the next part sometime soon but finances keep from doing so

I love the way each of them have this innate ability to find and get to the HIGHEST place to stand up and look cool at right before a fight breaks out big grin

shadow12
i've seen like four seasons of it

2Tidus!
I watched 2 episodes. I'm wiating for Anime Network On Demand to put on more. Hakkai rocks!

EvilCap America
I tend to be more of a Goku fan myself but Sanzo is just SO cool especially when he threatens the others with death big grin

soundtrack
this is one of my favorite animes. it has a great story line and really detailed characters. they also have a really good cast of voice actors for the show. ive seen the first season and a lot of the second. i've also watched the movie saiyuki: requiem . all in all it's a great show!

moises
This anime makes me relax....=]

silvertsume
i lyke the manga series better.. most people dont tho... but either way, its an excellent series... yes

sai12
I loved Saiyuki!! I've only seen the 1st season and the movie! But I really enjoyed both! I can't wait to see more of it! *bounces*

I haven't read any of the manga though...

Flame Alchemist
Is Saiyuki a gun show???

shadow12
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
Is Saiyuki a gun show??? not really

soundtrack
ok, heres the stroy of saiyuki...
a long time ago, humans and demons lived togther in peace and harmony. but now the demons got ride of their restraints and became openly hostile to the human race. now the gods intrusted a monk with the task of traveling west to find out what's causing this disruption and to stop the resurrection of gyumaoh . to make this story more interesting, the creators throw in 3 other very creative characters: son goku , sha gojyo , and cho hakkai . hakkai's side kick/partner is hakuryu . this show has one of the most intresting storys ive seen in awhile. each character has their own past and it really makes the show great.

sai12
Originally posted by soundtrack
ok, heres the stroy of saiyuki...
a long time ago, humans and demons lived togther in peace and harmony. but now the demons got ride of their restraints and became openly hostile to the human race. now the gods intrusted a monk with the task of traveling west to find out what's causing this disruption and to stop the resurrection of gyumaoh . to make this story more interesting, the creators throw in 3 other very creative characters: son goku , sha gojyo , and cho hakkai . hakkai's side kick/partner is hakuryu . this show has one of the most intresting storys ive seen in awhile. each character has their own past and it really makes the show great.

Wow, you're really good at coming up with those descriptions! *amazed*

Yeah, but she's got it right there. That's the idea behind the anime! Its really good. I can't wait to get my hands on the second season!

Flame Alchemist
O,I never rented it 'cause I thought it wasw a gun show like Trigun or something.

shadow12
it's really funny

Flame Alchemist
Funny. How?Like a comedy anime orlike Miroku(Inuyasha)funny.

shadow12
kinda miroku type funny
well of example goku and gojyo keep calling each other names and sanzo threatens the two that he will shoot them if they don't shut up

Flame Alchemist
I dont watch DragonBallZ but I think I understand.

sai12
Originally posted by Flame Alchemist
I dont watch DragonBallZ but I think I understand.

Who said anything about DBZ? Goku is a character in the anime. He's a cool little (you guessed it) monkey boy! He's a very powerful demon in the anime...but a total blockhead most of the time.

The story is about much more than gun fighting as well. All the characters have very interesting pasts. And they add a bit of myths..reincarnation type of stuff. Anyway....

I hope you look into it! Its worth buying! smile

Flame Alchemist
I love monkey love

2Tidus!
Hakkai is still the best stick out tongue.

The weird thing is. Goku is a full similarity of the DBZ Goku!

Their both kinda monkeys! Their both name's are "Son Goku"

sai12
I know! But which came first? I guess I could look that up. I'm guessing Dragonball Z came way before Saiyuki. Then again...I could be wrong (usually am :P)

I like Goku from Saiyuki better than Goku from DBZ....

EvilCap America
Originally posted by sai12
I know! But which came first? I guess I could look that up. I'm guessing Dragonball Z came way before Saiyuki. Then again...I could be wrong (usually am :P)

I like Goku from Saiyuki better than Goku from DBZ....

Saiyuki and DBZ are both based on the same old Chinease Monkey king/Journy to the West legends.Goku is sort of based on the Monkey King meanwhile Saiyuki is basically an alterante telling of the story just with the other characters besides Goku beng more important/Capable/Better looking

mssharrow
correct!
son goku of saiyuki & dragon ball really have some similar in character---likes to eat.
of all, I like sanzo he's really cool & hakkai he's the peacemaker of the group.

LeAtHerRFace
how many episodes are there?

LeAtHerRFace
i should check it out.. my friend got me a limited edition action figure of this guy

sai12
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
how many episodes are there?

That's a good question....

http://reviews.theotaku.com/view.php?action=retrieve&id=49

And there is a good answer. And for those of you too lazy to click the link. There are 50 episodes (I knew it was long...just couldn't remember exactly how many there were). Also I love their little description of the anime there.

From the link:

Saiyuki is an anime series loosely based off the classic Chinese novel "Journey to the West" written by Wu Ch'eng-en. It follows the quest of a group of four trouble-makers on their journey to India to reclaim a stolen holy item known as the Saten Scripture and stop the resurrection of a most powerful demon known in the show as Gyumaoh.

Throughout the series, the four men: Genjo Sanzo, Son Goku, Cho Hakkai, and Sha Gojyo face many hardships on their journey. As the story progresses, you see how the four met and how their journey is integral to saving mankind from a horrible fate.

This show is full of morals and lessons to life, and this is one reason why it is so popular. They touch base on many large-scale themes, like beliefs of religion, and believing in yourself through adversity.

The show also mixes in a great variety of humor alongside episodes filled with seriousness and heartfelt emotion. The antics of Goku will surely make you laugh time and time again. All four characters are well rounded and have pasts that are equally tragic. This is one thing that gives this series such strength.

The only problem in the show is that every once in a while there tends to be a "filler" episode. One that doesn't seem like it belongs, for it doesn't progress the story nor show the strengths of the characters.

The visuals are excellent, since the studio that produced it was experimenting with a new type of computer graphics design, giving Saiyuki a trump card above other anime that were produced at the same time.

Although I've only watched the English translation, the voice actors are superb. There isn't a better voice actor I could suggest for any of the characters. They fit so well.

So... if you're expecting something that will touch your heart and give you plenty of action and a little language to go with it (there is plenty in it for the record)... then I suggest watching this series. If it wasn't for the "fillers", Saiyuki would have recieved a 10.

LeAtHerRFace
thanks sai but i dont get this \/

Gensou Maden Saiyuki 50 2000
Saiyuki RELOAD - 2003
Saiyuki RELOAD Gunlock 26 2004
Saiyuki Requiem 1 2001

theres a "gensou maden saiyuki" which was released in 2000 and has 50 episodes. then a "saiyuki reload/gunlock? released 2004 and has 25-26 episodes. and the last one is requiem. are they all the same? and why does one have 50 and the other have 26? is reload/gunlock an extra season or something?
heres the site i got the info off... http://animenfo.com/search.php?option=keywords&query=saiyuki&queryin=anime_titles

thanks

sai12
Oh the 50 episodes is the first one. The other two..I'm unsure of how long they are! Also Requiem is just a movie of it. smile

LeAtHerRFace
lol thanks stick out tongue

soundtrack
i could probably be 100% wrong, but im going to take a wild guess and say that the saiyuki RELOAD and the sayuki RELOAD gunlock are the same thing, except with the difference of little pieces of clips missing from one or the language. . *just a wild guess here though*

sai12
Hmm, as far as I can tell they are two separate series.

Saiyuki-50 episodes
Saiyuki Reload-25 episodes
Saiyuki Gunlock-26 episodes

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2693

That's the Reload info

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4167

That's the Gunlock info

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3615

And what's this? Gensomaden Saiyuki : Kibou no zaika (OAV). That's something new...I must investigate further! smile

And I guess I'm a link kinda person. Sorry if it annoys any of you. I like crediting my sources :P

sai12
Oh I have to share this one! Course after I found that new title thing for an OVA of the Saiyuki series I had to go try and find info on it!

http://www.sleepisfortheweak.org/reviews/saiyuki/#

That has a very good review on the entire Saiyuki world!! If you want to know what kind of stuff there is!

NightCrawler341
Hakkai rules!

sai12
Apparently, Saiyuki Reload Gunlock will be appearing in America in 2006. They wish to finish up the Reload season first. Then begin on the other season. This is according to Anime Insider. smile

LeAtHerRFace
very helpful thanks!!big grin

mssharrow
saiyuki reload gunlock is now showing here, animax asia, I think its almost in its ending, too bad I can't watch everything on it, people at home didn't like watching anime, only me sad

icemistral
Saiyuki's awesome =D especially the manga...although the anime isn't half bad either ;D, I've started to watch the first episode. o_o' Is it true that the dubbing for Reload is terrible? o.O;; -wants to watch it- Like...does it ever improve later?

mssharrow
I haven't finish reading all of the episodes of this manga, until what series is there, is there reload gunlock already?

I think almost all of the anime dubbed is not good, reload dubbed is not that good too. wink

sai12
No, I think they're still working on Reload...I dunno though. The manga...I haven't really looked in on the manga.

mssharrow
ah yes I think your right, its only until reload.
Reload only have few episodes.

Flame Alchemist
Well I think the best ever on Saiyuki is Nataku.And Saiyuki Reload has only let out the first 8 episodes put they have the preview for the next episode at the end.But to watch Saiyuki Reaload you have to deal with the annoying voice change.Does anyone know if Nataku ever wakes up.

Flame Alchemist
And i'm going off topic here but why has no one heard of E's otherwise,or Please Twins(Please Teacher)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.