What is more powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revan Souer
After watching all the flims what side do you think is more powerful, the Jedi or the Sith?

Revan Souer
For me it has to be Sith

Apex512
I like the Jedi, but everyone has an opinion, I guess it depends on what you like.

Red Superfly
Watch Return Of The Jedi. The winner is pretty obvious.

The Ones
both are powerful as eachother in different ways. sith have some advantages, jedi have other advangtages

Red Superfly
The proof is in the pudding. The good side won.

Darkside is based on power and greed. It may be more powerful, but is equally more seductive and life destroying. It's unnatural, therefore it brings death to itself. Death does not equal power.

Lightside will always win. It isn't even called the lightside, it's just "The Force". It's the main thing, the real energy of the universe. The darkside is some freak thing that corrupts and hurts all living things - how can that be more powerful? It is destined to destroy itself - just as The Sith have tried and failed to stop it destroying them. The darkside simply blinds people into thinking it is infinitely more powerful, but they fail to notice that they are destroying each other and ruining their power everytime they take a life.

The Force wins everytime because it's unselfish and balanced. It doesn't destroy itself.

Revan Souer
The good side did win in the films in the end but only because Sid is a moron and gives the plans to the rebels. Come on wouldn't you give them false info about the weakness of the DS. And Luke only out powered Vada when he used the darkside, he gave in to his emotions. Also Vada killing Sid is down to the darkside as well because again he gives in to his emotions, Jedis don't do that or at least there not meant to.

Bishop X
I think the Darkside is powerful as there only meant to be two Sith, while there are leagues and leagues of Jedi Masters, Knights, Padawans, etc.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Bishop X
I think the Darkside is powerful as there only meant to be two Sith, while there are leagues and leagues of Jedi Masters, Knights, Padawans, etc.
Great point, but there used to be a whole planet of Sith at one stage. Wonder what the galaxy was like then. Also it took just two Sith to bring about order to the galaxy but even with the Masters Knights and Pads there was a kind of chaos

Red Superfly
Er, no, wait a minute.

Why do you think they were arrogant? Why do you think Palpatine died? Overconfidence. Overconfidence in their own powers. Palpatine thought he was so powerful, when he wasn't. The darkside was both his strength and his weakness. It made him strong, but he was fooled into thinking he was invincible.

The darkside will eventually catch up to you in the end. The lust for power will destroy you.

The Force is ultimately more powerful. Lucas has explained this. Wisdom, patience, love, all sorts of moral values are associated with strength in the Star Wars world. Greed, impatience, lust for power etc are all things associated with weakness. They corrupt the soul and sicken the spirit, but the user is totally unaware, blinded by their aggressive power.

The benefits of the light side are less obvious, but are long term whereas the dark side benefits are short term, instant, and obvious. To any person, the dark side offers the most up-front, and is more seductive because of it. The catch is, it isn't more powerful at all.

The reason why there's two Sith is because they always try and eliminate each other. That's not through power, that's because they destroy each other. That has no bearring at all to actual power.

Come on, this is Star Wars. Good is better than evil. ROTJ confims this.

You can be a living breathing Sith God, but you won't win.
Physical power is only a part of the overall power.

PloKoon
Id say Jedi because every Sith shown in the movies has been killed at one point or another. Not all Jedi have been killed ( Yoda, Luke, Obiwan -he becomes one with the force and i dont consider him to be defeated)

Red Superfly
Not only that but if you are super good you become immortal and "more powerful than you can possibly imagine" when you die.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Er, no, wait a minute.

Why do you think they were arrogant? Why do you think Palpatine died? Overconfidence. Overconfidence in their own powers. Palpatine thought he was so powerful, when he wasn't. The darkside was both his strength and his weakness. It made him strong, but he was fooled into thinking he was invincible.

The darkside will eventually catch up to you in the end. The lust for power will destroy you.

The Force is ultimately more powerful. Lucas has explained this. Wisdom, patience, love, all sorts of moral values are associated with strength in the Star Wars world. Greed, impatience, lust for power etc are all things associated with weakness. They corrupt the soul and sicken the spirit, but the user is totally unaware, blinded by their aggressive power.

The reason why there's two Sith is because they always try and eliminate each other. That's not through power, that's because they destroy each other.

This is Star Wars. Good is better than evil. ROTJ confims this.

Physical power is only a part of the overall power.
Yet love is a emotion that by Ana own words Jedi aren't allowed to have, but as I said earlier Luke beating Vada AND Vada destorying Sid are all down to there love for something else

Red Superfly
Erm, I'm not talking about THE JEDI.

I'm talking about the good side.

The moral of Return Of The Jedi is that love prevails. The love of a father and son brought balance to the force.

That's a pretty simple moral.

The Jedi may have been misguided, but that has nothing to do with the fact the light side IS more powerful. Love and compassion is part of the natural order of the force, regardless of whether the Jedi believe in it or not. Vaders attachment to Luke saved the day.

You need to realise that what the Jedi say is right may be misguided - they failed. In the end, Star Wars is a moral tale. Love and good is the power that brought balance to the universe.

Combine that fact with Qui-Gon and how he sussed out the immortality thing, despite the fact he was a "maverick" in the eyes of the Jedi shows that the Jedi were misguided, and only realised their mistake when it was too late.

So, good side is powerful. Palpatine doesn't become immortal, he just dies. I count three Jedi immortals by the end. IMMORTAL! Good side wins.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Erm, I'm not talking about THE JEDI.

I'm talking about the good side.

The moral of Return Of The Jedi is that love prevails. The love of a father and son brought balance to the force.

That's a pretty simple moral.

The Jedi may have been misguided, but that has nothing to do with the fact the light side IS more powerful. Love and compassion is part of the natural order of the force, regardless of whether the Jedi believe in it or not. Vaders attachment to Luke saved the day.

You need to realise that what the Jedi say is right may be misguided - they failed. In the end, Star Wars is a moral tale. Love and good is the power that brought balance to the universe.

Combine that fact with Qui-Gon and how he sussed out the immortality thing, despite the fact he was a "maverick" in the eyes of the Jedi shows that the Jedi were misguided, and only realised their mistake when it was too late.

So, good side is powerful. Palpatine doesn't become immortal, he just dies. I count three Jedi immortals by the end. IMMORTAL! Good side wins.
You make a very good arguement, but you have to admit the bad guys are always a little cooler. Don't know anyone who would want to be Vada or Boba fett

DeVi| D0do
Of course the Dark Side is cooler. But the Light always prevails and is much more powerful.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Of course the Dark Side is cooler. But the Light always prevails and is much more powerful.
How on earth can you talk about the good side being strong when you threaten rusty nails on another tread

DeVi| D0do
Because being evil is more fun.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Because being evil is more fun.
TRUE

Darth_Nefarus
RAW POWER: Sith
WISDOM: Jedi
COURAGE: Jedi
CONNECTION TO THE FORCE: Jedi
TACTICS: Sith

3-2 Jedi win

Revan Souer
But if you have the better tactics and strenght wouldnt you always win?

Joli Bug-Azi
Originally posted by Revan Souer
But if you have the better tactics and strenght wouldnt you always win?

The simple answer would be no. Although Raw Power and Cunning are helpful little buggers, that's not what life consists of.

This thread isn't about who's cooler, it's about who's more powerful. From a physical standpoint, the Sith out match the Jedi, but thier lack of understanding of good nature is what brought thier downfall.

Now in their dying years the Jedi became fanatical about their old ways and forgot the true purpose of the Order. The were to protect life in all ways and forms, including love. Obivously they didn't and that's what made the Jedi Order fall.

The upside for the Jedi was that they believed in mercy and SERVED the Force and not USE the Force like the Sith did.

Now I may have gone off on a tangent but I'm just trying say that what Red Superfly said was perfectly correct and should have ended this thread.

Revan Souer
But saying the good side always wins is a little nieve(sorry can't spell). At you are going for the fact that the Sith are evil when isn't a matter of point of view. I bet Not everyone was happy that the Empire fell. Some people would of found it better for them that there wasn't a huge depate all thetime to get something done. As Obi said ALOT OF THINGS DEPEND ON OUR POINT OF VIEW. That the war in irac for example, was it right was it wrong? If you think it was wrong then isn't Bush evil? However he has a habit of winning. So do Arsenal and there are the most evil team in football(my point of view). So just saying something is Evil that means it won't win isn't true

Your Father
I'd say the Sith during the time when there was more than a Master and apprentice becuase they unleash their anger and fury while jedi aren't supposed to. Plus there were Sith who mastered double bladed lightsabers jedi never did that

dflood
jedi cuz yoda said it to luke

Sicky666
Sith rules cause it inspires and without the Sith there was nothing to do for the Jedis, while reversed: the dark side has always something to do... so? The Sith rules!

AmrothSkywalker
Like Red superfly and all of the other good side supporters said the good side prevails in the end. That proves that the good side is stronger. Overconfidence is the dark sides biggest weakness (Anakin-limbless, Emperor-Flat lined, dooku-look ma no hands, maul-2 for 1 deal) All of these sith died because they were too overconfident especially the emperor.

Dark Thor
why are ppl saying the sith when it was the jedi who won?

Darth Somebody
Both sides negate the other, I believe. In terms of will and goals - the Jedi. In terms of combat power - the Sith. Remember. Palpatine was easily torturing Luke - preparing to kill him. It required another Dark Lord - now redeemed - to kill Palpatine. Vader killed him - but died in return.

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Both sides negate the other, I believe. In terms of will and goals - the Jedi. In terms of combat power - the Sith. Remember. Palpatine was easily torturing Luke - preparing to kill him. It required another Dark Lord - now redeemed - to kill Palpatine. Vader killed him - but died in return.

Wouldn't though the mili-second vader decided to save luke he was anakin again, so by the time he actually attacked the emperor it was anakan not vader who saved Luke.

This is my opionon on the whole matter, in the long run the jedi win. But when it comes down to power i think there is no winner.
Anyone can be stronger then the other with the force. I say it depends on the user. Each side of the force is equal but what shows there power is the person using it.

(I hate midi chlorians but ill use em as an example.)
If mr Darkie has 156 midichlorians
and mr lightie has 134 midichlorians
then the darkside is stronger.

If used the right way both sides can have the same strength but some people are more cut out to use the lightside and use it the right way and vice versa with the darkside.

Aight cool

Darthburgerking
I'm gonna go with Sith because of Dark Lightning I mean sure Yoda could launch it back at him and Mace could block it, but they are masters you don't even need to be that powerfull of a sith to use Dark Lightning, but then again I guess it depends on what you think power is.

JediMasterLuke5
Jedi are more powerful, Yoda says in Empire Strikes Back that the Light Side is stronger.

Darth Travizzle
Jedi, it proves that in RoTJ.

Red Superfly
But saying the good side always wins is a little nieve(sorry can't spell). At you are going for the fact that the Sith are evil when isn't a matter of point of view. I bet Not everyone was happy that the Empire fell. Some people would of found it better for them that there wasn't a huge depate all thetime to get something done. As Obi said ALOT OF THINGS DEPEND ON OUR POINT OF VIEW. That the war in irac for example, was it right was it wrong? If you think it was wrong then isn't Bush evil? However he has a habit of winning. So do Arsenal and there are the most evil team in football(my point of view). So just saying something is Evil that means it won't win isn't true

What? No sorry, this is Star Wars. Good is good and evil is evil.

Good wins. Seriously, anyone looking for a more detailed explanation can glance over my previous posts, but like I said before, ROTJ is the end, and in the end the Light Side wins.

This has very little to do with how powerful a single Sith vs a single Jedi is. Any Sith can be more powerful than any Jedi. Due to training, due to affinity in the force, due to wisdom, a Sith can become more powerful than any Jedi. But this is not what the question is asking. The question is, what side of the force is stronger? Dark or light? It isn't asking WHO is more powerful.

The dark side is an anomolly, and a unnatural imbalance. The Force rights itself through whatever means it can. The Force cannot and will not stay corrupted and abused, because the Force is the equivalent of God, and is infallable. It cannot be proven wrong, and is all powerful. Those that SERVE the Force's true purpose in life gain a power beyond any Sith's wildest dreams (immortality and eternal wisdom), and therefore only those who are self-less and caring will ever achieve such a power.

Star Wars is a moral story, so the bad side will never win.

AmrothSkywalker
I disagree the dark side is not an anomaly it is a natural part of the force. Like the cave on Dagobah some things in the galaxy are just strong in the dark side and the first sith discovered this. It is like two forms of a religion (eg Christianity- catholiscism and protestantism) Both have core beliefs but different specifics about them. Sith and Jedi both rely on the force and use it to an advantage. Sith use it for power and greed. Jedi use it for defense and the greater good. And I dont know about anyone else but I think Yoda is the strongest force user ever and he said the dark side is not stronger and the sith use the dark side so for my last comment the Jedi use the light side so they are stronger.

JediMasterLuke5
Tell me if this sounds crazy or not.

I think the Dark Side is easier and faster to achieve power then the Light Side becuz you feed your actions off of your hate, anger, and emotions to fight, but by using the Dark Side you cant gain as much power as you would using the Light Side. Using the Light Side takes more devotion and more time to achieve power but if you master it you can become far stronger then you could on the Dark Side.

AmrothSkywalker
I don't think that sounds crazy at all. I think there is some truth in that but not all of it is true. I think that the dark side clouds your judgement so you actually think you can get powerful quicker than the light like anakin did. He knew he had to rush to save Padme so he thought he had no choice but the dark side. Then once he turned and he killed jedi and ultimately got mauled by Obi-Wan that all just helped to fuel his anger and think all the more the jedi betrayed the republic. But he really did not become more powerful when he turned (at least not right away) because I think that he could've beaten Obi-Wan in a duel if he was still on the light. And there is one main weakness of the dark side that Anakin possessed; overconfidence. He thought overnight turning to the darkside he was nasty ill better than obi wan and that he coud take him on "the high ground" and we saw what happened. So ultimately I believe "The quick and easy path" is not so easy and is not stronger because nearly every Sith is destroyed by either betrayal or overconfidence, that is the way of the sith where all things end in death.

AAskywalker
the sith their are only two their were at one times hundreds of jedi

Darth Nhilus
I think that the jedi are more powerful but the sith have much more offensive force powers. Palpatine and vader were the 2 most powerful sith ever. Of course they were good at lightsaber combat. But the sith just rely on brute strength and skills when the jedi use the force. Therefore the jedi are more powerful.

SithHappens
Sith can do anything Jedi can and more so...

matreid

Go Arsenal! Woot! Woot! youpi

Sorry, but they are my favorite football team!

sbauer
evil face helo eveyone

sbauer
smokin' (obi) u cant do that on scool grounds (me) uuo no wait oh yea
telepathy who should i call oooo hida darth vader yor mi only hope (obi) no! rrrr! wait (ahhchhhhrAAaxc) (thump).its chewy.(get off me you fool so you wanna bee a sith.ok here yore uniform let go to the deat star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.