Strongest of the JLA/JSA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
List these 6 JLA/JSA members in order from Physically strongest (1) to weakest (6).

Superman
Martian Manhunter
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman
Power Girl
Aquaman

True Sinister
tie superman/CM
MM
WW
aquaman
power girl

armandovalles
list them in order from strongest at 1 to weakest at 6!

jrodslam
Originally posted by True Sinister
tie superman/CM
MM
WW
aquaman
power girl

Agreed.

Though I think Aquaman and Power Girl are tied also.

Fanboy
Superman,Captain Marvel,WonderWoman,Powergirl,MartianManhunter,Aqua
man.

gautam
1. Superman
2. Captain Marvel
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Wonderwoman
5. Powergirl
6. Aquaman

Fanboy
Why is Wonder Woman so under rated along with Powergirl. Wonderwoman should be 3rd Powergirl 4th and Martian Manhunter Before Aquaman.

Cosmic Cube
MM isn't stronger than Diana.

Dizzle
I'm pretty sure he can get right around WW for a few minutes though...

My order would be 1. Superman 2. Captain Marvel 3. WW 4. Manhunter 5. Power Girl 6. Aquaman

kgkg
Originally posted by Dizzle
I'm pretty sure he can get right around WW for a few minutes though...

My order would be 1. Superman 2. Captain Marvel 3. WW 4. Manhunter 5. Power Girl 6. Aquaman
yep
me to

DigiMark007
Argh! This is strongest, right? Not overall power but just strength.

Power Girl has stated she's the strongest member of the JSA, and Marvel didn't object to it nor did he seemed shocked or doubtful at all. Cpt. Marvel has her beat overall because he's faster, more durable, etc. but the only reason CM hangs with Superman is because he has a magical power source which is Supes' weakness. He's not on the same level of strength as Supes (or even Power Girl/WW/etc.) but he's close.

1. Superman
2. WW
3. Power Girl
4. CM
5. Aquaman

...not sure where to put MM because he can fluctuate so much.

-DM

Dizzle
I was taking MM when he amps his strength to its max, which he can only keep up for minutes at most. He's right around the level of Wonderwoman. Though I did forget about Power Girl supposedly being stronger than CM... And then there's Draco's entire thing on how WW is stronger than CM. (WW>Hercules>CM, or something to that effect)

DigiMark007
It's WW>Jigglypuff>Marvel>toothpaste.

Draco's actually provided plenty of solid evidence for saying WW's stronger than Marvel. He's a WW fanboy, but when fanboys use real facts rather than bs I'll accept it readily. And I just can't see Power Girl being stronger than WW but I guess we don't really know...though overall she's the weakest of the bunch (except maybe for Aquaman) since she only has strength going for her and isn't as fast or durable as any of the others (not to mention the lightning, laser vision, telepathy, etc. of the others).

-DM

Sango_Dare
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Power Girl
Aquaman

DrDoom
Big Blue
The Princess
The Big Red Cheese
Chesty LaRue
J'onn (should be CM/PG level, but he fluctuates too much)
Arthur

I dunno about PG > CM in strength, because Marvel may have just decided it was wiser to just keep his mouth shut instead of arguing with her. He does have Solomon's wisdom y'know. Billy might have plans to hit it in the future, and he didn't want to get on her bad side.

PG does have a bad temper...

jrodslam
Aww dam. I forgot about Atom Smasher.

If we put MM up in the rankings because he can augment his strength, then why not Atom Smasher? When he does, hes well over 100 cl. Therefore my list goes as.....

1. Superman/Captain Marvel
2. Wonder Woman
3. Atom Smasher/Martain Manhunter
4. Power Girl
5. Aquaman

Slight edit in my list.

DrDoom
I dunno j, I remember Simone posting that WW is stronger than Herc a while back, and CM has Herc's strength, so she should be stronger than him--if only by a bit.

jrodslam
Originally posted by DrDoom
I dunno j, I remember Simone posting that WW is stronger than Herc a while back, and CM has Herc's strength, so she should be stronger than him--if only by a bit.

Yea that IS true Doom. WW is stronger than Herc, BUT Captain Marvel can combine strengths of Gods. He combined the Strength of Hercules and Atlas to match Supes's strength.

Thats why its always said that he and Supes are equal. Without the combining of Gods, then yea Wonder Woman has him beat.

Just how Manhunter, Atom Smasher can augment their strength, Marvel can combine Gods to make him stronger.

DrDoom
True dat. I remember that scan of them arm wrestling when CM said that.

The cheese takes the #2 spot. I STILL think Supes is just a wee bit stronger though.

jrodslam
Ill give you that.

Though me being a Cap supporter, i say its only because Supes is more popular. stick out tongue

DrDoom
cool I'll take whatever I can get.

Look out though, Supes is prolly gonna do some crazy **** during Crisis...and DC is finally deciding to show CM some respek!!

jrodslam
Yup I agree.

Supes and Cap have a comic coming out in a month. Cant wait! Cap might even get another on going.

DrDoom
He should...DC dropped the ball with CM, he should be on Supes level of respect/admiration in the DCU, but he's mostly been 2nd tier. Such a shame.

jrodslam
Indeed.

olympian
Power Girl isent stronger than Captain Marvel.

"He should...DC dropped the ball with CM, he should be on Supes level of respect/admiration in the DCU, but he's mostly been 2nd tier. Such a shame."

How can they " drop the ball" if hes one of the few who doesnt lose against Superman. Unlike Power Girl and Wonder Woman. Inside DC universe as a character id agree, he was created by a rival company that outsold Superman. He will never have the same treatment.

"Yea that IS true Doom. WW is stronger than Herc, BUT Captain Marvel can combine strengths of Gods. He combined the Strength of Hercules and Atlas to match Supes's strength."

Wonder Woman is only stronger than Mortal Herc. Against regular aka God of Strenght she isent. Its nothing but a pun.

And Captain Marvel combining powers dont make him above either Supes and Diana ( but in the same class ) for one simple reason. He doesnt have the full power of any its patrons.

jrodslam
I never said that combing powers makes him above Supes. But it does however make him above Wonder Woman.

True he doesnt have the full-power, but its enough dammit lol. If he had the full-power, hed be unstopable. Which DC wouldnt allow.

DC - "Stronger than Superman? Naaaaw!"

ImmortalOne
True, NO FULL POWERS OF ITS PATRONS !!!
While in the other hand, Supez full-power is still unknown to us !!!
Who knew that he can phase himself through solid objects ??

But CM, we know his limits cuz we know his patrons !!

olympian
Hey i never said the fraction he has of its patrons isent enought! Its sure enough to Ko supes wink

"DC - "Stronger than Superman? Naaaaw!"

Thats the rule number one if you want to work at DC peeps.

jrodslam
Originally posted by olympian
"DC - "Stronger than Superman? Naaaaw!"

Thats the rule number one if you want to work at DC peeps.

laughing Yup.

All characters have to be Superman level strength and lower.

olympian
Yeah if they manage to be above under some writer its "retconned" in a speedblitz.

long pig
Captian Marvel doesn't get enough respect imo either, I still look at him a bit above Superman.

KC Cap was cream.

DrDoom
Originally posted by olympian
How can they " drop the ball" if hes one of the few who doesnt lose against Superman. Unlike Power Girl and Wonder Woman. Inside DC universe as a character id agree, he was created by a rival company that outsold Superman. He will never have the same treatment.

I said DC dropped the ball with him, comic-wise for the reasons you said, but also marketing-wise. He SHOULD have had an ongoing since he debuted in the DCU, and it never should have gotten cancelled (DC has put out a lot weaker series since crisis).
I mean, little kids should LOVE the Marvel family: They are all almost as powerful as Supes (and in CM's case, more powerful toe-to-toe) AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY KIDS!! DC has missed out on a goldmine.

Solidus Snake
Supes
Wonderwoman
CM
MM
Aquaman
Powergirl

olympian
Dr Doom i agree with that. Marketing wise DC has a mine there but doenst use it because theyr afraid CM will be more popular again like he was in the Golden Age.

olympian
And the list goes like:

Supes/Captain Marvel

Wonder Woman

Martin Manhaunter

Power Girl

Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.