Strongest of the Avengers/Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
List these 6 Avengers/Defenders in order from Physically strongest (1) to weakest (6).

Thor
Wonder Man
Hercules
Savage Hulk (Base Strength)
Namor
Silver Surfer

True Sinister
Thor
Silver Surfer
Savage Hulk
Namor
Hercules
Wonder man

EvilCap America
Isnt Herc just basically Thor without the Hammer and Flagship character status?

jrodslam
Savage Hulks base strength?

Thor
Namor
Hercules
Surfer
Wonder Man
Hulk

Sentry
Savage Hulk - 1

Physically Hulk is the strongest. C'mon, moving the inertial mass of a solar system. What's a few googol tons to the Hulk?

Thor 2 - I like Thor better smile

Herc 3 - Lifted earth for a little while

Namor -4 Namor class 200,000 plus ton when written right

Wonder Man - 5 Wonder Man's my favorite powerhouse, but Namor was written stronger Wonder's max when he's uber pi$$ed is right around Abomination's 200 ton mark.

Silver Surfer - 6
Surfer's strength isn't pure physical strength. It's cosmic energy bolstering his strength. That's like saying Magneto's the strongest because he lifted a 100,000 ton aircraft carrier with his magnetic powers.

jrodslam
Sentry, Hulk is at base strength. At base strength, Hulk is only 70 cl.

armandovalles
I think it goe slike this:
1) Hercules
2) Thor
3) Namor
4) Wonder Man
5) Silver Surfer
6) Savage Hulk

jrodslam
See something, I wonder.

Whats Thors strength lvl

Its been said that on land Hercules and Namor are equals in strength. Namor in the water supasses him.

Is Thor stronger than Hercules or vise versa? Im lost.

whirlysplat
Sentry just seems to make up what he wants to happen, he never produses any proof big grin

jrodslam
Keep the faith?
rock

whirlysplat
Originally posted by jrodslam
Keep the faith?
rock

Yup Jrod!

Keep the faith rock

armandovalles
See something, I wonder.

Whats Thors strength lvl

Its been said that on land Hercules and Namor are equals in strength. Namor in the water supasses him.

Is Thor stronger than Hercules or vise versa? Im lost.

Hercules is stronger than Thor. Hercules is also much stronger than Namor on land. In water, Herc is still stronger, but only by so little its hardly noticeable.

EvilCap America
To the best of my knowledge

1 Savage Hulk
2 Thor/Hercules
3 Namor in the Water
4 Wonderman
5 Hulk while frolicing through the fields happilly with Snuggy Dove

armandovalles
what about SS?

jrodslam
Originally posted by armandovalles
Hercules is stronger than Thor. Hercules is also much stronger than Namor on land. In water, Herc is still stronger, but only by so little its hardly noticeable.

Uhh says who?

No land Herc and Namor fought and they were evenly matched. Avengers #262.

Its been stated that Hercules and Namor on land are equal in strength. In water, Herc is no match. - Namor #58.

Ive also heard that Namor and Thor fought to a stalemate, but i dont know the comic.

EvilCap America
Uhh says who?

No land Herc and Namor fought and they were evenly matched. Avengers #262.

Its been stated that Hercules and Namor on land are equal in strength. In water, Herc is no match. - Namor #58.

Ive also heard that Namor and Thor fought to a stalemate, but i dont know the comic.

Thats a little funky one of my oldest comics has Namor fighting a normal Hulk losing on land then tackling him into the water where he had the advantage.Cant say exactly where the match went from there though since i dont have any of those pages sad

jrodslam
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Thats a little funky one of my oldest comics has Namor fighting a normal Hulk losing on land then tackling him into the water where he had the advantage.Cant say exactly where the match went from there though since i dont have any of those pages sad

That was by far "normal Hulk" He was already enraged. True Hulk was dominating one land, but in water, Namor swam a whirlpool around Hulk and knocked him out.

Sentry
Originally posted by Sentry
Savage Hulk - 1

Physically Hulk is the strongest. C'mon, moving the inertial mass of a solar system. What's a few googol tons to the Hulk?

Thor 2 - I like Thor better smile

Herc 3 - Lifted earth for a little while

Namor -4 Namor class 200,000 plus ton when written right

Wonder Man - 5 Wonder Man's my favorite powerhouse, but Namor was written stronger Wonder's max when he's uber pi$$ed is right around Abomination's 200 ton mark.

Silver Surfer - 6
Surfer's strength isn't pure physical strength. It's cosmic energy bolstering his strength. That's like saying Magneto's the strongest because he lifted a 100,000 ton aircraft carrier with his magnetic powers.

Oh calm.

Hulk's base is class 100

Hulk is #1...

Thor #2...

I'm wanna say Herc, I wanna say Namor... I'm torn. Namor #3 I like him better than Herc.

Herc #4

Wonder Man #5

Silver Surfer #6 If enhanced by the power cosmic he'd be number 2 or 3.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sentry
Oh calm.

Hulk's base is class 100

Hulk is #1...

Thor #2...

I'm wanna say Herc, I wanna say Namor... I'm torn. Namor #3 I like him better than Herc.

Herc #4

Wonder Man #5

Silver Surfer #6 If enhanced by the power cosmic he'd be number 2 or 3.

Strength Level: The Hulk possesses superhuman strength of the Class 100 level, enabling him to lift (press) in excess of 100 tons. The Hulk only attains this strength level when he is enraged. In a totally, calm state his functional strength is significantly less, perhaps in the 70 ton range. In human form Bruce Banner possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in no regular exercise.

Looks like we got different sources. big grin

black wolverine
y isnt scarlet witch on this she could slap anyone there

True Sinister
Originally posted by black wolverine
y isnt scarlet witch on this she could slap anyone there u already stated the reason smile

jrodslam
Originally posted by black wolverine
y isnt scarlet witch on this she could slap anyone there

Thread says physically the strongest.

black wolverine
dam sorry breaty in trough ya nose out through ya mouth its going to be ok

Cosmic Cube
Sentry, Hulk is at base strength. At base strength, Hulk is only 70 cl.

Wrong. Savage Hulk's base strength is still Class 100+.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Wrong. Savage Hulk's base strength is still Class 100+.

What does base matter Hulk can jump levels in seconds it doesn't really matter.

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
What does base matter Hulk can jump levels in seconds it doesn't really matter.

True, but starting off hes not the strongest on the list.

Cosmic Cube
True, but starting off hes not the strongest on the list.

Yeah, he is. Hulk, while calm, is still strong enough to move tectonic plates. Thor might be stronger, but no one else on this list is anywhere near him.

Wynndar
At Base strength Thor may be stronger...but this has never been demonstrated. There is some site on the internet that says a calm hulk has class 70 strength but everything published from Marvel has always said Hulk is class 100+. I would also like for someone to ever find an instance when the Hulk wasnt strong enough to do something, suggesting he was limited in strength in a calm state.

Silver Surfer is probably stronger than everyone but Hulk and Thor on the list. Even without increasing his strength with t he power cosmic he is still class 100. She Hulk punched him one time and only hurt her fist. His strength is very underrated.

jrodslam
Thor might be stronger, but no one else on this list is anywhere near him.

Not at all. No one else is anywhere near him? Tell that to Namor.

armandovalles
i completely disagree with u wynndar. in my opinion the only one on this list that is not stronger than him in a calm state is Silver Surfer. I think Wonder Man, Namor, and especially Hercules are all far above Hulk at base strength.

Cosmic Cube
Not at all. No one else is anywhere near him? Tell that to Namor.

Namor is nowhere near as strong as calm Savage Hulk is. When they fight, which is usually underwater where Namor's strength is greatly enhanced, he still can't come close to matching Hulk's strength. He has to use his control over water to fight Hulk.

i completely disagree with u wynndar. in my opinion the only one on this list that is not stronger than him in a calm state is Silver Surfer. I think Wonder Man, Namor, and especially Hercules are all far above Hulk at base strength.

Wrong. None of these guys are even close to Hulk's base strength. The only Hulk with a base strength of 70 tons is the Grey Hulk. Silver Surfer can lift over 100 tons. Wonderman can lift 95 tons. Same with Namor. Herc is a little bit below Thor. Savage Hulk is always high 100+, and has lifted billions of tons, while 100% calm.

Wynndar
HAHAHa...sorry man, not so. A calm Hulk has greater feats of strength than any of them except for Thor and SS. Thor's most remarkable feat of strength was lifting the jormungad serpent, but he was wearing his belt of strength at the time, i believe. he also held up/supported the world trade center once.

A completely calm Hulk has dragged millions of tons of lumber through the forest for miles on one occasion, something the other guys would have no chance at all of accomplishing.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Wynndar
HAHAHa...sorry man, not so. A calm Hulk has greater feats of strength than any of them except for Thor and SS. Thor's most remarkable feat of strength was lifting the jormungad serpent, but he was wearing his belt of strength at the time, i believe. he also held up/supported the world trade center once.

A completely calm Hulk has dragged millions of tons of lumber through the forest for miles on one occasion, something the other guys would have no chance at all of accomplishing.

Not even his greatest feat. Savage Hulk, while 100% calm, lifted a mountain weighing billions of tons in Hulk/Sentry. He moved a tectonic plate, which easily weighs trillions of tons. Hulk's "base strength" is way higher than 70 tons. He doesn't really have a specific "base strength."

armandovalles
no, cosmic cube, your wrong. the biggest thing Hulk has ever held was an 150 billion ton mountain. But that wasnt when he was calm. He was pissed off. And still 150 billion tons is nothing to Herc, who held Manhattan as a demi-god (which ways alot more than 150 billion tons) and he held the earth as a full-god, and thats probly a billion times heavier than a mountain.

and by the way, when Hulk held a mountain, it wasnt like he lifted it in the first place and put it on his shoulders like Herc did with the earth. And just so u know, it wasnt in Hulk/Sentry, it was in Secret Wars.

jrodslam
Namor is nowhere near as strong as calm Savage Hulk is. When they fight, which is usually underwater where Namor's strength is greatly enhanced, he still can't come close to matching Hulk's strength. He has to use his control over water to fight Hulk.

What about TTA #100? No control over water there, and Hulk got his ass knocked out. Its been show already regardless of what you think. Lol.

Wrong. None of these guys are even close to Hulk's base strength. The only Hulk with a base strength of 70 tons is the Grey Hulk. Silver Surfer can lift over 100 tons. Wonderman can lift 95 tons. Same with Namor. Herc is a little bit below Thor. Savage Hulk is always high 100+, and has lifted billions of tons, while 100% calm.

Guess we get our information from different places.

Absorbing Man, Thing, Abomination always whoops Hulks ass till he goes 100 cl and higher. Gimme a break. Hulk at calm state is 70-80 cl.

Cosmic Cube
What about TTA #100? No control over water there, and Hulk got his ass knocked out. Its been show already regardless of what you think. Lol.

Guess we get our information from different places.

Absorbing Man, Thing, Abomination always whoops Hulks ass till he goes 100 cl and higher. Gimme a break. Hulk at calm state is 70-80 cl.

Did you even read it? I have the comic. Namor used a whirlpool to stop Hulk. There was no knockout punch. That was Banner-Controlled Hulk, not Savage. Know the difference. wink

I get my information from Hulk's comics. I don't know where you get yours from, but it obviously isn't canon.

The few times Abomination has faced Savage Hulk, he has gotten beat within inches of his life.

Absorbing Man tries to absorb Hulk's strength to fight him. He definitely isn't stronger.

Thing has never come close to beating Savage Hulk.

no, cosmic cube, your wrong. the biggest thing Hulk has ever held was an 150 billion ton mountain. But that wasnt when he was calm. He was pissed off. And still 150 billion tons is nothing to Herc, who held Manhattan as a demi-god (which ways alot more than 150 billion tons) and he held the earth as a full-god, and thats probly a billion times heavier than a mountain.

and by the way, when Hulk held a mountain, it wasnt like he lifted it in the first place and put it on his shoulders like Herc did with the earth. And just so u know, it wasnt in Hulk/Sentry, it was in Secret Wars.

That's not Hulk's greatest feat. For your information, I'm not talking about Secret Wars #4. Have you read Hulk/Sentry? Manhattan isn't larger than the Andes mountain range. What issue does Herc support the Earth in?

jrodslam
Did you even read it? I have the comic. Namor used a whirlpool to stop Hulk. There was no knockout punch. That was Banner-Controlled Hulk, not Savage. Know the difference. wink

My error. I was reffering to Hulk #118. And he sure as hell wasnt Banner controlled Hulk there.

armandovalles

That's not Hulk's greatest feat. For your information, I'm not talking about Secret Wars #4. Have you read Hulk/Sentry? Manhattan isn't larger than the Andes mountain range. What issue does Herc support the Earth in?

Herc supports the earth in his first appearance. Even though people think his first appearance was against Thor or in that Avengers issue, it wasnt. He had a one shot in the early 60's. Thats what he did it in. I have it, if u look it up it says its worth about $80,000, but i tried to sell it and it didnt sell cuz even though its worth so much, no one knows that it existed, so they dont know if its really worth alot.

Cosmic Cube
My error. I was reffering to Hulk #118. And he sure as hell wasnt Banner controlled Hulk there.

Yeah, it was. I have it. Namor used a whirlpool in that one too.

Cosmic Cube
Herc supports the earth in his first appearance. Even though people think his first appearance was against Thor or in that Avengers issue, it wasnt. He had a one shot in the early 60's. Thats what he did it in. I have it, if u look it up it says its worth about ,000, but i tried to sell it and it didnt sell cuz even though its worth so much, no one knows that it existed, so they dont know if its really worth alot.

Issue #?

armandovalles
it was a one shot! it was made just to introduce the character.

Cosmic Cube
it was a one shot! it was made just to introduce the character.

Issue #?! Was it a poster, or something? Sheesh...

armandovalles
it said a #1 on it. But it was a one-shot, meaning it was a one-issue long story.

armandovalles
has anyone found it yet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.