Can Anakin/Darth really overthrow Palpatine/Sidous?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthVaderII
Remember in Mustafar(I forgot), Padme arrived and talked to Anakin. He said that he can overthrow Palpatine and together they can rule the galaxy. Can He really kill Palpatine?

vader476
he did in episode 6

DarthVaderII
Originally posted by vader476
he did in episode 6

No like, fight him. Lightsaber battle and Force battle. Darth just threw Palpatine into a pit.

Bishop X
Yea he could have. In fact, I think Anakin could have beaten Mace. But, that's just my humble opinion.

Revan Souer
At what stage? If you mean in ep3 then No he's to reckless as you see when he fight Obi. However be probably could take him in ep4/6 but we'll never know.

Bishop X
Well Dark Anakin could. If they fought in a well protected part of the temple, I think Anakin could have killed him. But as aforementioned, that is just my humble opinion.

Revan Souer
Originally posted by Bishop X
Well Dark Anakin could. If they fought in a well protected part of the temple, I think Anakin could have killed him. But as aforementioned, that is just my humble opinion.
I do think Ana would of been capable but whether he'd be able to control himself, thats another matter

Bishop X
Yea he was too volatile and arrogant at times.

Revan Souer
But you have to wonder why hasn't Vada taken control before, maybe his powers are reduced by the Machine parts

vader476
thats what i think

Darth Travizzle
That's a big 10-4!

viking12344
Vader, according to the novels (ESB ROJ) did indeed think he could overthrow Palps but only with....a very big WITH, Lukes help. During several of their conversations in both books (vader/sidious), Vader was amazed at his Master's command over the dark side. This fact alone kind of let the reader know that Vader was outgunned, one on one with palps. With Luke, he knew it would be so....cept Luke did not join him as we all know.

In ep3, Anakin would have been spanked by palps, without a doubt. If he kept his human form tho, it was just a matter of time and not the 19 years to ANH. Knowing the stories and characters, I would guess(lol) that palps would have been killed within 5 years because no one in the universe could have controlled a human anaking(darth vader) skywalker.
Hell, the empire would still be there today.

Darth_Nefarus
In Episode 3 Anakin is forced to choose, he chooses evil. However, had he killed Palpatine when he had his saber raised to him, the Sith oppression would have ended right then, he would have become a Master and all would have been well.

Darth_Nefarus
And if you really don't think he could, consider it this way, the force is so strong with Anakin if he and Sidious got into it, it would guide Anakin into victory. Even if he did get angry and come near the darkside, he wouldn't turn, he would defeat Palps and be a master like i said.

Darth Halo
I think if Anakin never lost his limbs he would have beaten Palpatine within due time. I don't think he would have allowed the emperor to get away with the lies he told Anakin. He would have overthrown. Since he didn't have Padme anymore he just would have ruled the galaxy. I think he would have been a tyrant.

Robin Darkside
Vader should have overthrown the emperor long before, unless he couldn't do it. Maybe Vader didn't want to because he would not have an apprentice. Maybe Vader was waiting for his oportune moment, but ironically, it occured when he turned to the goodside.

DeVi| D0do
Haven't we been through this before? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why would Vader want to overthrow Palpatine? To Vader, all Palpatine has done is be a good friend and mentor.

Robin Darkside
yeah but, Vader was blinded, Palpatine was no friend, he only uses him. Anakin/Vader is too stupid to realize it. Palpy kinda pissed me off in EP III, thats all

Revan Souer
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

Why would Vader want to overthrow Palpatine? To Vader, all Palpatine has done is be a good friend and mentor.
Beacause the way of the sith would force him to, the Sith destory the weak and if at any stage Vada thiught he was stronger he must challenge him. As we saw when Vada speaks to Luke, he clearly believes he can.

Swanky-Tuna
You'd think for someone so strong with the force he would of just regenerated his skin and limbs.

Darth_Duffy
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
You'd think for someone so strong with the force he would of just regenerated his skin and limbs.

where the hell has it ever been said or even incinuated that the force can regenerate limbs? sad

dflood
yeah coz he is more pwerful and has more medichloriones

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Darth_Duffy
where the hell has it ever been said or even incinuated that the force can regenerate limbs? sad
If it's possible to throw stars and fiddle with black holes via the force I just figure it could regenerate a foot.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

well the OT actually asks two questions. about: 1. Anakin and 2. Vader

1. No, in Ep. 3 i don't think Anakin could have beaten Sidious on his own, mainly because of his arrogance. I mean he sees Sids get beaten by Mace (Which was for show really) so he'd probably be just as arrogant as in his fight with Obi Wan....therefore lose.
As to the motive for Anakin to do this:
1.a: Normal Anakin could've taken a different route and fought him because he was a sith lord.
1.b: Dark Anakin showed the desire to take out Sidious to become the ruler of the galaxy.

If he had NOT become mechanical he might've had a very good chance at killing Sidious. When he lost both arms and both legs, imagine the number of midi-chlorians he lost. The one thing he has as Vader is great control over his powers. Young Anakin's raw force power could be considered much greater than Vaders, but it was unfocused. SO IMO if he hadn't been chopped up yeah, he would've as soon as he would've realized how to control his power.

2. As Vader, i just stated above why i don't think he could take Sidious. Sure, he still has dexterity for lightsaber fighting, his connection with the force is stronger, even if it's less as raw power. However, i dont think that would've been quite enough for a one on one with Sidious.
As to the motive for Vader to do this:
2.a: Now as VADER he really begins to have motive. He's now given himself to the darkside. And as we all know, there's not a lot more treachery involved anywhere other than in the Sith ranks.

~wickerman~

DeVi| D0do
If Vader had never been sliced and diced I believe he would have become more powerful than Sidious. But even then, I really don't see why he would overthrow his friend and mentor.

It wasn't until Vader found Luke that he saw reason to overthrow Palpatine. He wanted to rule the galaxy with Luke. He knew Luke could be more powerful than both the Emperor and himself. But he needed Palpatine to turn Luke. And Palpatine needed Luke to kill Vader to turn him. Palpatine and Vader need eachother.

GABRIEL05
Originally posted by Revan Souer
But you have to wonder why hasn't Vada taken control before, maybe his powers are reduced by the Machine parts

Thats true. Before he god delimbinated, he was potetially the most powerful force wielder of all time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.