Bastila vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Plagues
Who would win this double-bladed lightsaber frenzy?

Darth_Nefarus
shoooot this will take a lot of debating lol
I really think Maul would win, but I'm keeping my mind open when I get better info on Bastila

Apex512
Wow... I have no idea about this one. I like Maul, and Bastilia only fought in KOTOR, and its hard to compare videogames to movies. Im so confused. This gives me a headache just trying to think about it. confused

Lord Darkstar
Well like the others I'm not 100% sure, but I will say Maul. They had both been training for around the same amount of time, but Maul focused on battle whereas Bastila was focused on battle meditation, and that wouldn't help her in a duel. Also, she was never that impressive in the game. Maul on the other hand was able to beat both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the same time, I don't think Bastila could do that.

The only reason she was chosen to be Malak's, and later Revan's apprentice was because she had battle meditation, and like I said earlier, that wouldn't help her in a duel. Maul however, had personalized instruction from a powerful sith lord for over 20 years, focusing on combat and offensive force powers, he can take this

Darth Plagues
You have a good point, but her whole life wasn't just spent on just Battle Meditation...

Lord Darkstar
no, but most of it was, she did not focus on lightsaber combat, she focused more on the battle meditation and on the defensive force powers (like heal, valor), not battle.

Apex512
I think Maul would win, he is easily the better swordsman. You're right about Bastilia in the game, she's not impressive when it comes to light sabers. The game focuses on her battle meditation not her skill with a lightsaber. Maul wins, and with out much trouble, but maybe I'm just saying this because I like Maul better. big grin

Darth Abominus
imo, maul, as stated, he's an awesome warrior. bastilla isn't a pure warrior.

too bad maul went down to obi over a stupid mistake sad i liked him!!

DarthMandalore
Maul.

Darth Infidus
Bastila

Why? Because she beat three Jedi (Juhani,Jolee, and Revan) when they were at the temple, given, Revan kicked her beautiful arse after that little talk they have, but she does beat three IMPORTANT jedi.
1.Revan(Excellent Warrior/Force User.)
2.Juhani(Pretty good Warrior)
3.Jolee(Good Force User)
>
1.Qui-Gon(Pretty good Warrior)
2.Obi-Wan(Pretty good Warrior)

Darth_Otaku

Emperor Revan
Bastila's powerful. She was already in combat a lot before meeting Revan and then she became bonded to him, she was in combat as much as he was and was learning from him and later Malak. Her power was much greater than most give her credit for IMO. It would be close but even still I think Maul would barely win.

Fishy
She didn't learn anything from Malak she could not have been the apprentice for more then a few days. From Revan and fighting with them she could have learned a lot and probably did. But there is still a difference between speed course and taking your entire life to learn. She has improved a lot but she will not be as powerful as somebody who focused on war their entire life. At least I don't think she will be.

Besides unlike Maul Bastila is actually constantly arrogant, bitchy and whiny. Not to mention she lost her lightsaber once. Maul may be stupid sometimes but he isn't that stupid.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Fishy
She didn't learn anything from Malak she could not have been the apprentice for more then a few days. From Revan and fighting with them she could have learned a lot and probably did. But there is still a difference between speed course and taking your entire life to learn. She has improved a lot but she will not be as powerful as somebody who focused on war their entire life. At least I don't think she will be.

Besides unlike Maul Bastila is actually constantly arrogant, bitchy and whiny. Not to mention she lost her lightsaber once. Maul may be stupid sometimes but he isn't that stupid.

Oh? Yet Bandon had maybe 8 months of training from a Sith lord yet you think he could beat Maul who trained from a Sith lord all his life, especially for combat. Every dark Jedi we know fell before Bastila's blade just like that whole Bandon thing, and Wikipedia calls him more powerful (for whatever that's worth). Bastila fought constantly with Revan, increasing her already substantial power exponentially. As for her arrogance, she isn't totally arrogant. A little but she knew she couldn't beat Malak for instance on the Leviathan. She also lightens up with the bitchy whiny thing too pretty quick. As for losing her lightsaber, she was concentrating on her battle meditation which did leave her a little exhausted and didn't have much time in that escape pod. She did get much better since then. I still think Maul would win, I'm just defending her a bit.

IMO, Maul is stronger than Bastila who's stronger than Bandon.

Serra_Keto
Bastila Wins.

Apex512
You seem like you have a legit reason why Bastila would win. Convince me. Because I don't know much about her except for KOTOR.

Darth L. Dipsit
I don't understand either. But she knows her stuff. No kidding. I'm just going to see if she educates me on this matter.

Lord Darkstar
well no disrespect to Serra, but all we know of her is from KotOR, and frankly in that, I see nothing that would allow her to beat Maul

Darth_DaNThEMaN
my homie would whip that ass.

Darth_Otaku
So Maul wins

Lord Darkstar
yeah Maul wins

JKBart
not much of a battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.