Green Lantern movie rumors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Plagues
I've heard that there is going to be a Green Lantern movie...any information on this?

black robb
i have not heard anything about a GL movie...

armandovalles
me neither.

DigiMark007
I heard they're going to make Hal a woman.

Not really, but I'd laugh hard if they did.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I heard they're going to make Hal a woman.

Not really, but I'd laugh hard if they did.

-DM

don't be stupid......... women can't be superheroes..... who would make the dinner?

stick out tongue

WindDancer
Nothing conclusive yet. There has to be a Green Lantern movie! With the success of Batman Begins I'm sure DC will be encourage to bring out other superheroes movies. Green Lantern deserves a film! The question is which GL? No doubt it should be Hal Jordan!

Mainstream
Originally posted by WindDancer
Nothing conclusive yet. There has to be a Green Lantern movie! With the success of Batman Begins I'm sure DC will be encourage to bring out other superheroes movies. Green Lantern deserves a film! The question is which GL? No doubt it should be Hal Jordan!

Kyle!!!!

DigiMark007
They'd do Hal or people would be pissed. I'd like to see Alan myself, and he is the original GL, so it's a possibility. But others would probably make cameos, and they'd probably mention and/or show the Corps. Still, the movie would be a long way off, if it gets made at all (DC has bigger properties like Wonder Woman and Flash that they'd do first).

-DM

Mainstream
Originally posted by DigiMark007
They'd do Hal or people would be pissed. I'd like to see Alan myself, and he is the original GL, so it's a possibility. But others would probably make cameos, and they'd probably mention and/or show the Corps. Still, the movie would be a long way off, if it gets made at all (DC has bigger properties like Wonder Woman and Flash that they'd do first).

-DM

yeah I know they'd do Hal...he the "greatest GL" and he'd fight Senstro

WindDancer
Originally posted by Mainstream
Kyle!!!!

Nah! Kyle is a little puke. Hal all the way! stick out tongue

Mainstream
Originally posted by WindDancer
Nah! Kyle is a little puke. Hal all the way! stick out tongue

he anit that little been hitting the gym character43

WindDancer
I'm pretty sure he will be included. I wonder if they're going to make Kilowag completely CGI. Hmmm....

Wolverine2006
I made a thread about news on the GL movie and didnt know this one was here so I will continue it here. Jack Black might play the Green Lantern in the new movie.

redcaped
I would like the guy from Smallville TV Series

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scoobless
don't be stupid......... women can't be superheroes..... who would make the dinner?

stick out tongue

Damn I'm funny!

big grin

grey fox
They should have a cameo in smallvile (Unless it's ended..has it ? ) for a Gl. I don't know , make the ring out of K-nite or something ...

redcaped
I'm serious, he looks good to me for Hal Jordan. The superheroe flies just like Superman does...

MattDay
I can play a green lantern, but i only look like kyle Rayner embarrasment

Scarlet_Spidey
Wow if there is a green lantern movie to come, which is my favorit hero, i'll certainly go and watch. Only, i think they are going to need an enormous budget to make his rays look real and his enemies of course.
And with the sequel of batman begins coming up costing a lot of money as well to pay all of those star actors, i think the GL-movie idea will rest a while.

redcaped
People want nothing but superheroes today (besides sex) you should have seen how excited they were. They make We see.

Darth Vicious
I dont think it will happen anytime soon. GL will require a lot of CGI which would cosat a lot of money. A lot of money for a character not that well known outside comic books.

WrathfulDwarf
Most likely Kilowog would be all CGI. I don't see any other way.

"C'mon you poozers! get to it!"

HellMaster93
there should be a Killowog movie! eek!

Wolverine2006
but its goin to be Jack Black

roughrider
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
but its goin to be Jack Black

Not unless he spends some months at a fat farm & gym.

GL is one of the top properties for DC to make into a film, along with Wonder Woman and the Flash. Joel Silver, a comics fan, first expressed interest way back in 1988. Now, with all this CGI tech, it's a matter of time.

If Tim Burton was directing, we all know who he would cast: Michael Keaton! stick out tongue

Wolverine2006
Here is the proof

http://superherohype.com/news.php?id=4394

Swanky-Tuna
Here is the proof

You goomba. It says nothing about Jack Black actually having the role, it just says they're thinking about it.

Ganner Rhysode
Obviously, movie continuity is seperate from comic continuity, so I think if they do make this they should take a few liberties with it. Maybe introduce Kyle, Guy, and Hal all at the same time, make them sort of a GL team, but still have Hal be the main hero.

That would work well, I would think, no?

roughrider
Here is the proof

Jack Black said as much as two years ago he's NOT doing it; put it to rest.

WrathfulDwarf
I wouldn't mind if former GL's were to make an apperance. Even if that includes that annoying puke of Kyle. Guy has to be in the film. Along with Alan and maybe Steward. Yes, Hal should be GL there is no question about it.

Scoobless
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I wouldn't mind if former GL's were to make an apperance. Even if that includes that annoying puke of Kyle. Guy has to be in the film. Along with Alan and maybe Steward. Yes, Hal should be GL there is no question about it.

No chance... if anything it'll be an origin film and there should be only 1 human GL... probably Hal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.