question about a closed thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
Just wondering here, why was THIS thread closed? There was only one post there made by Devil Dodo, saying "spam". Now, i don't wanna sound insulting or anything, but i've been root admin on two message boards, a moderator for a long long time on another message board, and member of a few others. Given my experience, i have to say i didn't consider that thread to be spam, trolling, or anything else. Ok, maybe it was a bit off-topic, but that's off-topic and not spam.

As an admin/mod whenever i closed/moved/etc. a thread or even a post i'd post a reason (i noticed Paola does as well, and Ken Kenobi too). Now, i'm not sure if that Devil Dodo person is a moderator and if he closed it, so that's pretty much my dilemma here.

1. if he is a moderator and that was the post explaining why (a smilie holding a sign that says "Spam"wink i REALLY don't think that's good enough (not bashing anyone, just stating my opinion).

2. if he isn't the moderator, i'd like to know the reason why the thread was closed and not moved or something like that.

thanks for the time

~wickerman~

edit: wrote "deleted" instead of "closed"

Bardock42
It was Deleted by Ken Kenobi, he edited the post and removed the Spam....Devil Dodo is not a mod....and the reason just is that the Thread was Spam...I guess he posted a Website and Ken removed the link.

Clovie
yes there is that 'edit' note in the first post. there must have been links.
and it is not allowed

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Wickerman
Just wondering here, why was THIS thread closed? There was only one post there made by Devil Dodo, saying "spam". Now, i don't wanna sound insulting or anything, but i've been root admin on two message boards, a moderator for a long long time on another message board, and member of a few others. Given my experience, i have to say i didn't consider that thread to be spam, trolling, or anything else. Ok, maybe it was a bit off-topic, but that's off-topic and not spam.

As an admin/mod whenever i closed/moved/etc. a thread or even a post i'd post a reason (i noticed Paola does as well, and Ken Kenobi too). Now, i'm not sure if that Devil Dodo person is a moderator and if he closed it, so that's pretty much my dilemma here.

1. if he is a moderator and that was the post explaining why (a smilie holding a sign that says "Spam"wink i REALLY don't think that's good enough (not bashing anyone, just stating my opinion).

2. if he isn't the moderator, i'd like to know the reason why the thread was closed and not moved or something like that.

thanks for the time

~wickerman~

edit: wrote "deleted" instead of "closed"

I usually do post a reason why I closed a thread, but Devil Dodo summed it up nicely with his post.

The thread starter posted 3 links to other sites, that is not allowed, plus the member in question is trying to recruit our respected members onto a site that he wants to make, which is a sleazy way to gain members.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I usually do post a reason why I closed a thread, but Devil Dodo summed it up nicely with his post.

The thread starter posted 3 links to other sites, that is not allowed, plus the member in question is trying to recruit our respected members onto a site that he wants to make, which is a sleazy way to gain members.

Aaah, okay, i see now. Thanks for responding, all 3 of you, esp. you kenobi. I understand now. Didn't realize that was a rule here. Good thing i found out. That's not present in the Codes of Conduct i made for my forums, since i prefer to have an Intraweb Community with more forums/sites interconnected with my own as an important part. I don't see anything wrong in people recruiting from my forums, but if it's in the rules here i can respect that.
Thanks for the answer again.

~wickerman~

Ken Kenobi
Aaah, okay, i see now. Thanks for responding, all 3 of you, esp. you kenobi. I understand now. Didn't realize that was a rule here. Good thing i found out. That's not present in the Codes of Conduct i made for my forums, since i prefer to have an Intraweb Community with more forums/sites interconnected with my own as an important part. I don't see anything wrong in people recruiting from my forums, but if it's in the rules here i can respect that.
Thanks for the answer again.

~wickerman~

It's not in the rules persay, but it's stll never been allowed on KMC.

Lana
Actually, Ken, it is stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lana
Actually, Ken, it is stick out tongue

Hmm...yeah well....i don't really see that as something good. More like alienating posters with that rule...but that's just me.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
Hmm...yeah well....i don't really see that as something good. More like alienating posters with that rule...but that's just me.

~wickerman~

Well people just register to spam then...so better no one spams...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well people just register to spam then...so better no one spams...

Not in this case however. This wasn't off topic, nor was the content of the site related to in the links (i should think). It was about a Star Wars weblog project idea, and the dude was asking for some help in creating it. and he was doing it in a Star Wars forum. So i don't see what's wrong with that. Like i said, it's better to have an Intraweb Community and be the heart and center of it, rather than look (to some, not all) as being TOO restrictive.

~wickerman~

Lana
Ahh, yes, but there's this bit: "We generally class SPAM as a website with which the person has a personal interest in", which he obviously did.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Lana
Ahh, yes, but there's this bit: "We generally class SPAM as a website with which the person has a personal interest in", which he obviously did.

Yeah, i got that Lana, but it still seems wrong to me. But oh well...not like i can do anything about it confused

~wickerman~

Ken Kenobi
Yeah, i got that Lana, but it still seems wrong to me. But oh well...not like i can do anything about it confused

~wickerman~

Sorry, but it's just the way KMC is run.

I myself encourage Advertising on my website, but only in designated areas.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Sorry, but it's just the way KMC is run.

I myself encourage Advertising on my website, but only in designated areas.

Exactly. I don't want a million "check out my website" threads either, but i'm all for a nice and tight community of websites/message boards that have a theme connection.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
Not in this case however. This wasn't off topic, nor was the content of the site related to in the links (i should think). It was about a Star Wars weblog project idea, and the dude was asking for some help in creating it. and he was doing it in a Star Wars forum. So i don't see what's wrong with that. Like i said, it's better to have an Intraweb Community and be the heart and center of it, rather than look (to some, not all) as being TOO restrictive.

~wickerman~

Well yes, but you have to see thaat some people maybe don't....

Wickerman
Well yes, but you have to see thaat some people maybe don't....

heh, yeah. As to the rules of this forum i don't find them too imposing (for now at least). I remember visiting another forum once where the admin was a prune-crazy moron that had like 50 members and kept banning them....they didn't even deserve it. So i just HAD to make a "Arbeit Macht Freit" (sp?) thread there...meh...won't go into that.

~wickerman~

Bardock42
Arbeit macht frei......hahah that'S good.

Yes I actually think the Admin here is pretty good...well when he is around at least....and I see that its easier just to ban all spam the mods really can'T be bothered to look into all of them.

Wickerman
Arbeit macht frei......hahah that'S good.

Yes I actually think the Admin here is pretty good...well when he is around at least....and I see that its easier just to ban all spam the mods really can'T be bothered to look into all of them.

OMFG i just noticed your location is Germany laughing
Didn't mean to insult you or anything, embarrasment and yeah, i don't think there's any need for that here. But yeah, i lead an uprising against that admin till he cooled down. thumb up

~wickerman~

Clovie
i don't find it funny. it was the biggest... bigggest... cry

Bardock42
Nah, no problem....is a pretty good joke.....might offend jews though.
You probably don't even know Raz...he's pretty cool...and I think its possible to get along with the rules too.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Clovie
i don't find it funny. it was the biggest... bigggest... cry

biggest......crying smilie face? sad

Bardock: no, i don't know him, i'm sure he's cool though, otherwise this forum wouldn't be so successful

~wickerman~

Clovie
biggest mistake in the history of europe. that they've chosen that evil person for the cancellor

Bardock42
biggest mistake in the history of europe. that they've chosen that evil person for the cancellor

He never had the majority...he wasn't chosen he was brought to power by people like Hindenburg, Papen, and Schleicher....and I agree it was a big mistake...not the biggest though...not even the bigggest in the last century...the biggest mistak in the last century wwas World War 1

Clovie
which was also started by germans no expression

Wickerman
He never had the majority...he wasn't chosen he was brought to power by people like Hindenburg, Papen, and Schleicher....and I agree it was a big mistake...not the biggest though...not even the bigggest in the last century...the biggest mistak in the last century wwas World War 1

exactly. But anyway, real world history had no place in this thread, and it's all my fault sad sorry bout that. Errm....anyway, thanks for all the answers guys, i got what i wanted smile

~wickerman~

Bardock42
which was also started by germans no expression
This now just is a ****ing lie.......no expression

Clovie
and russians and other evil ppl who invaded my poor little country cry

Bardock42
and russians and other evil ppl who invaded my poor little country cry

Get your facts straight and not everything is meant as an offense to Poland....and WE did NOT start that war.

Clovie
Get your facts straight and not everything is meant as an offense to Poland....and WE did NOT start that war. but the prussia (future germany) was occupying us then cry

and i know you didn't exactly...bag

Storm
This is the News & Questions forum, NOT the GDF! Either go there or take it to PM' s.

Bardock42
Yes they did....for Hundreds of years already though...and not a lot either...a lot of it was just german at that time. (oh and what do you mean with future germany).

And yes thatnks I just don't like that people point at germany for that one cause we were not on the wrong side we just helped our allies and they had all reason to be pissed (Yes I know Willhelm II was stubborn and didn'T want to stop it but he didn'T start it)

Clovie
Yes they did....for Hundreds of years already though...and not a lot either...a lot of it was just german at that time. (oh and what do you mean with future germany).

And yes thatnks I just don't like that people point at germany for that one cause we were not on the wrong side we just helped our allies and they had all reason to be pissed (Yes I know Willhelm II was stubborn and didn'T want to stop it but he didn'T start it) 123 years to be exact... so please don't exagerate.

I know. sorry for that.

still i don't see why the WWI would be worse than WWI. for me it was the opposite. confused

and Storm, i know where we are, but thanks for pointing it out.

Bardock42
Because WWI caused WWII

Clovie
i haven't thought of that. blink but you're right.

Bardock42
i haven't thought of that. blink but you're right.

Thankies happy

Clovie
np

Paola
thanks for the info guys thumbsup

now, question answered...

closing...closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.