Master Qui-Gon vs Master Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joli Bug-Azi
Would Obi-Wan in Episode III defeat his old master.

I think yes because of how Obi-Wan fared against young Skywalker in 3, and how Anakin fared against Dooku.

But I could be wrong!

Fishy
Obi Wan would probably win, he fought more Sith okay he got his ass handed back to him by Dooku but his style is superior to that of GQJ who will be used to Obi's old style and make his first mistake immediately.

Obi also made a lot of progress since TPM and QGJ will still think of Obi as the guy he trained in TPM or at least expect Obi to behave something like that. Not to mention Obi has fought a lot more and he's ninja.

Darth Plagues
I think most of us underestimate Qui-Gon Gin...he is a Jedi Master and he would acknowledge that Obi-Wan wan no longer his apprentice. Darth Maul beat him because he got a surprise attack on Qui-Gon's head, if that never happed...Qui-Gon might still be kicking. Plus both guys in this battle have an advantage, because they know of each others attacks and etc. Its hard to say...I'm gonna say Master Kenobi

darth-yoda
im gonna go with qui-gon obi is good but qui-gon is a great jedi master i wish he was still alive in AOTC and ROTS they coudl only be made better by his presence

Darth Plagues
That would be cool, although he would have been the Master of Anakin, instead of Obi-Wan...it would not go with the OT

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Plagues
they know of each others attacks and etc. Its hard to say...I'm gonna say Master Kenobi

i think not. It's more one-sided. Obi Wan knows Qui gon's moves, but not the other way around. remember Obi Wan changed his fighting style after TPM to Soresu because he was traumatized by how easily his master went down.

~wickerman~

Fishy
Originally posted by Wickerman
i think not. It's more one-sided. Obi Wan knows Qui gon's moves, but not the other way around. remember Obi Wan changed his fighting style after TPM to Soresu because he was traumatized by how easily his master went down.

~wickerman~

Exactly, great advantage for Obi and QGJ will be confused as pie in hell

chewbacca II
master kenobi would rape qui-gons ass ! qui-gons only advantage was that he was wise and composed, but now kenobi is just as wise and composed as him exept with better lightsaber skills

Emperor Revan
I think most of us underestimate Qui-Gon Gin...he is a Jedi Master and he would acknowledge that Obi-Wan wan no longer his apprentice. Darth Maul beat him because he got a surprise attack on Qui-Gon's head, if that never happed...Qui-Gon might still be kicking. Plus both guys in this battle have an advantage, because they know of each others attacks and etc. Its hard to say...I'm gonna say Master Kenobi

That is not why Maul won. Read wikipedia or the Star Wars website or something, it was clear that Maul was superior when he was just using one blade. He saw an advantage and took it instead of wearing Qui-Gon down to the point that he couldn't fight anymore. Obi's got this one.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Obi's got this one.

No doubt about it. Obi's style is just what's needed vs. qui gon.

~wickerman~

Kun-ni Habeo
obi

Bishop X
So I guess Anakin could beat him as well?

Anakin>Obi-Wan>Qui Gon

Note: Both Anakin and Obi-Wan from ROTS.

Darth Plagues
They wouldn't fight...Obi-Wan would be so glad his Masters alive that he'd go hug him and then they live happily ever after. wink

SnakeEyes
Obi-wan takes the cake here folks.

Joli Bug-Azi
They wouldn't fight...Obi-Wan would be so glad his Masters alive that he'd go hug him and then they live happily ever after. wink

It's a Hypothetical question, Master Jedi.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Qui Gon is one of the coolest s.o.b.'s in the SW universe....and liam neeson is rob roy, and trained batman

but obi wan keninja wins this, and here is why......

"chancellor palpatine....sith lords are our specialty"

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
Qui Gon is one of the coolest s.o.b.'s in the SW universe....and liam neeson is rob roy, and trained batman

but obi wan keninja wins this, and here is why......

"chancellor palpatine....sith lords are our specialty"

LOL....dude...you're demented...but in a good way laughing out loud
Don't forget Obi's a drugged teenager in Trainspotting. thumb up

and Bishop: i don't think Anakin is better than Obi Wan. I'm one of those people that think that no matter where the battle would've taken place, not only Mustafar, Obi Wan would've won.

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
Really?
I think if the battle would have taken place elsewhere, Obi-Wan would have escaped, and Anakin would have f***ed it up on his own.
IF there was no lava to fall into, Anakin would have never suffered such horrible injuries, maybe he still would have lost his limbs, who knows, but the fact is, Anakin is more powerful and equally skilled with a saber as his master is, the duel shows that.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i agree with my homie^^ but i mean, obi is a ninja...

anakin is more powerful, and maybe has better skill saber wise.

but obi is more patient, level-headed, and has way more experience.

Darth_Nefarus
True, I think he would have escaped, leaving Anakin pissed beyond measure.

Wickerman
Anakin may have more raw force power, but all in all i don't think (force-wise) he's more powerful than Obi. Want proof of this? When they duel and both try to force push each other at the same time....remember the result?
As for the lightsaber fight, none really dominated the other in the fight, so yeah, i'd say they're pretty much equal. However, Obi Wan's Soresu would win again IMO. Anakin would get over confident and make another mistake, and Obi would win again.

~wickerman~

Darth_DaNThEMaN
lol, then Vader becomes more powerful than a strong wiff of ammonia, and catches up with ninja, and owns.....IMO

Wickerman
lol, then Vader becomes more powerful than a strong wiff of ammonia, and catches up with ninja, and owns.....IMO

i don't remember in the OT Vader owning Kenobi (though he was and DID win contrary to common belief). But yeah, Vader would put the pwn in pwn4g3 thumb up
But i was talking about Anakin sad

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
Anakin and OBi-Wan equalled one another in the force push contest because obi-wans control equalled anakins raw power

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i meant if he never went mech.

Wickerman
i meant if he never went mech.

then you are 100% correct my good sir. When that happened and he lost all that raw power....that was sh!tty. I mean, imagine all that power + control over it....dum dum duuuuuum O_o

I believe that's what Sidious is refering to when he says Anakin would become stronger than both him and Yoda....he was assuming he didn't get chopped up.

~wickerman~

Joli Bug-Azi
Now these are all good answers. But you guys seem to have drifted from the question slightly. I know that in order to work out how someone fares in a hypothetical battle you've gotta look at their past duels and compare but with all do RESPECT Lord Vader and his unfortunate loss of limbs doesn't have much to do with this thread.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Joli Bug-Azi
Now these are all good answers. But you guys seem to have drifted from the question slightly. I know that in order to work out how someone fares in a hypothetical battle you've gotta look at their past duels and compare but with all do RESPECT Lord Vader and his unfortunate loss of limbs doesn't have much to do with this thread.

true. But i think we've already said pretty much everything needed to be said. Obi Wan has a clear advantage in knowing Qui Gon's moves, while Qui Gon doesn't know Obi Wan's moves. As for force power, in the fight with Maul, Qui Gon didn't show a lot of force abilities, so...
I think Obi Wan wins

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.