Birthdays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Can anyone help me work out when the characters birthdays are? Harry's is obv July 31st and JK has stated that Hermione's is Sept 19th and Fred and George were born - when else? - on April Fool's Day.

Does anyone know any others?

Phoenix
Just found quote from JK saying Ron was born in the 'February 18 - March 17 period'

shaber
Dolores Jane Umbridge (born on April 20, 1927)

April 20th is the anniversary of Adolf Hitler's birthday. One way in which the author makes her anthropological views clear is to depict the characters most preoccupied with blood purity and aesthetic archetypes as being deranged as well as villainous. Umbridge is the especially obvious case, hating non-humanoids pathologically without being the most normal little critter herself.

shaber
Minerva McGonagall (born October 4, ca. 1924)

daeri
Originally posted by shaber
Minerva McGonagall (born October 4, ca. 1924)

Isn't that pet's/animal day? :P Maybe because she turns into a cat? smile

air
how old do you think Dumbledore is cause he was grey and old when Harry went back 50 yrs ago in book 2 so saying he aged well he was lets estimate 65 years old add 50 so thats 105 do you think or was he older in Tom Riddles day....how old can wizard live to in know they live longer than muggles but just how much longer???

Phoenix
I thought he had auburn hair when Harry went back 50 yrs ago?

NightCrawler341
Dumledore is way to old... Do you think he used the Sorcorers (sp?) stone on himself? He did say Nicolas will die because the stone was destroyed, but it never said how much longer. And with how old Dumbeldore is it might prove that.

air
i don't know but he was old then, or harry classed him as old i don't think Dumbledore would have used the Philosophers Stone because Nicholas Flamel died shortly after it was destroyed 'he had enough elixir in store to sort himself out (or something like that) then Dumbledore said something like yes Harry then he will die...i personally think its something to do with Fawkes but i don't know do you think hes over 150?

NightCrawler341
He very well looks like it, though if he is, he is in good shape for 150!

shaber
Wizards age more slowly than squibs and muggles and suffer less from ailments of decrepitude. Dumbledore must have a great innate magical gift so it makes sense that his lifespan should be longer than that of a non-magical person.

alberto8159
JK said wizerds/witchs can live alot longer then muggles dumbldor is 150 and minerva is 70.I think the whole thing with the philoaspers stone was all just one big mistake(but thats becouse it wasnt really important) I mean in alchemy(and the book) the stone can make/is the elixer of life and will make a person immortal immortal meaning you wont die so when dumbldor says flamel has enough elixer left to put his stuff in order this wrong or else he isnt immortal the stone is just sustanning him.

tigress
Draco's is hune 5th I think Ill check on TLC lol Dobby's was the 27th though lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.