Max Payne 2:The Fall Of Max Payne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JToTheP
(If there is one you can merge this or delete it if you want mods/admins)

I just bought this today at Best Buy for $10, and I'm VERY glad that I did. I have Ps2 & GC, and and an old PC, so I had to buy it for Ps2. I loved the first one, but didn't want to pay $50 for it, so I traded it in and got like $40 credit for it and bought another game. This saga I feel does NOT start off slow at all, they throw you right into the fire, and things always seem to get worse & worse for Max throughout the game.

I cant wait for 3! eek!

dave123
The hell can I be bothered to look for a MP2 thread... I'll just leave it be here stick out tongue If someone can be arsed to look, I'll merge em thumb up

Personally, the game wasn't all that. Obviously very similar to MP1, so nothing new or original, really. For example, bullet time isn't anywhere near as fun when you're doing it for the 1000th time... sad

dark1365
I beat the first one. I loved the comic strips, the "film/noir" theme. It added to the plot.

The gameplay was excellent too, they threw in a bit of puzzles, not too difficult.

I have yet to play 2 though.

SnakeEyes
I did not play the first one, but I got MP2 for the PC a long while ago and beat it. I think its a pretty awesome game.

ragesRemorse
I couldnt stand max payne2. though the first max payne had it's problems. The pro's greatly outweighed the cons. the gameplay was fresh and cool, and the story was engrossing. Even the atmosphere was right on. The sequal, however, is a different story. First off, the story went from a good movie to a bad comic book. the game's technical issues actually got worse from the orginal. It was more glitchy, sluggish and the response time even seemed to be worse. I love the max payne character and becuase of that i played half of the game untill the camera kept freezing on me, and max wouldnt fire his gun when i pressed the buttons.

jnr hiphop
MP2 was a pretty good game, but once you get to somewhere in the middle of it, it gets boring. I only when up to the part when you have to protect thta Vinnie dude or something, and I just couldnt be stuffed to play anymore.

§P0oONY
MP2 was very fun, especially the weird bits in the cardboard town defiantly worth a buy!

§P0oONY
Originally posted by jnr hiphop
MP2 was a pretty good game, but once you get to somewhere in the middle of it, it gets boring. I only when up to the part when you have to protect thta Vinnie dude or something, and I just couldnt be stuffed to play anymore.

I gave up then too! laughing out loud

DarkCrawler
It's Finnish!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I couldnt stand max payne2. though the first max payne had it's problems. The pro's greatly outweighed the cons. the gameplay was fresh and cool, and the story was engrossing. Even the atmosphere was right on. The sequal, however, is a different story. First off, the story went from a good movie to a bad comic book. the game's technical issues actually got worse from the orginal. It was more glitchy, sluggish and the response time even seemed to be worse. I love the max payne character and becuase of that i played half of the game untill the camera kept freezing on me, and max wouldnt fire his gun when i pressed the buttons.

Many of those problems were probably because you don't have it for the PC... wink

dark1365
Yeah, I played MP PC and it was good on the computer.

JToTheP
Since I have to buy it for Ps2, Max Payne is one of the sagas that make me stand by what I say: Gameplay>>>>>Graphics. The game itself may look like garbage, but the story is mezmorizing, and the gameplay is so addicting, and besides, who doesnt love bullet time? Reloading with a spin, and diving into 4-5 enemies guns blazing?

JToTheP
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
First off, the story went from a good movie to a bad comic book.

I won't even begin to explain why Max Payne 2's plot is better then the first one in EVERY.SINGLE.WAY, I also think your controller sucked.

jnr hiphop

ChickinMeat
classic game, love it to bits.

I never had a problem with controls/camera problems, my PC version works a dream, with stunning graphics and no lag at all. hooray!

JToTheP
I'm stuck in the Construction yard, I think Chapter 6, Mona really takes alot of damage! laughing out loud

pr1983
i have it on ps2, im stuck at the part where you're mona and have to play sniper...

SnakeEyes
I beat the game! HAHAHAHA! Suckers!

jnr hiphop
Uhum.. right.. umm, congratulations.

SnakeEyes
Thank you... I was just being sarcastic/teasing all of those people who were stuck at certain places.

dark1365
I loved the "nightmare" scenes in MP1....I don't know what they're like in MP2, even if they are there.

SnakeEyes
There are nightmare/dream sequences in MP2... but they are not that great...

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Thank you... I was just being sarcastic/teasing all of those people who were stuck at certain places.
I had a feeling that you were being sarcastic. Meh. I didn't reall get "stuck". Just couldn't be bothered to go on anymore, if you know what I mean. wink

jnr hiphop
I don't really like the nightmare/dream sequences, I wish they just show you, and give you a choice of skipping it, instead of you having to play through it.

JToTheP
Originally posted by dark1365
I loved the "nightmare" scenes in MP1....I don't know what they're like in MP2, even if they are there.

They aren't ridiculous mazes in 2 like they are 1, and that baby screaming was so horrificially loud it was like 2 am the first time I got to it & my tv SCREAMED when I fell, I was PISSED.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by jnr hiphop
I had a feeling that you were being sarcastic. Meh. I didn't reall get "stuck". Just couldn't be bothered to go on anymore, if you know what I mean. wink

Yeah, I know what you mean... There have been tons of games that I own where I get pretty far and just sorta gave up or lost interest...

pr1983
Yeah, I know what you mean... There have been tons of games that I own where I get pretty far and just sorta gave up or lost interest...

i havent played mine in about 8 months... embarrasment

SnakeEyes
lol... You should really pick up where you left off...

pr1983
lol... You should really pick up where you left off...

i know... embarrasment

SnakeEyes
Does anyone know if a Max Payne 3 is gonna be made?

jnr hiphop
Is there even gonna be another MP? I wish there was; and Mona dies, I have a slight feeling they won't make another MP.

dark1365
Thank you for the spoiler! cry

Neo_Version 7
MAx Payne was the shit though.

He was the American-Chow Yun Fat.

sad

dark1365
Yeah! big grin

SnakeEyes
Its true, but imagine how cool it would be to release another game in the series with awesome graphics and new plot...

jnr hiphop
Originally posted by dark1365
Thank you for the spoiler! cry
Oh, damn, I'm sorry. It's just that most people here have finished the game.

jnr hiphop
Its true, but imagine how cool it would be to release another game in the series with awesome graphics and new plot...
I see what you mean. More features and all. If there was a new one it would be good. I can imagine it. The only thing I'm a bit unsure about is a new plot.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, it would be kinda hard to incorporate a good, new plot into the series, but I have faith in them and I think they could do it.

MrBones
i like that mode where you have to fend off a countless number of goons to see how long you can survive...

Morridini
This is Max Payne related and not Max Payne 2, but I couldn't bother to make a thread for a 7 year old game.

Max Payne's one of those series' I've never gotten around to trying, until I bought Max Payne earlier this week, and omg what a great game. What finally made me decide to buy it was because some said that the narrative and plot was reminiscent of Raymond Chandler, and being a huge Chandler fan I had to see it for myself. Just begun Part III, and I must say I love the plot, I'll try to pick up MP 2 next week and play through that one as soon as possible.

FistOfThe North
Max Payne 2 was good. Real good. (for the pc)

Max and the game reminded me of Batman.

A Max Payne 3 would be perfect.

Morridini
Just finished Max Payne now, awesome game, Max Payne 2 should come in the mail this Monday.

Morridini
(Sorry for 2x post)

Just finished Max Payne 2, another great game. I had a bit trouble with the new controls at the beginning since I had just finished the first game, however I quickly got into this new style. The unlimited shoot-dodges sure made this game a whole lot easier then the first one. And the bullet time I hardly ever used, only on the last two chapters did I feel a need to use it.

As for the plot, it was just as great as MP 1, the fact that Vlad was a traitor actually really hit me, I really liked him in MP 1, yet it also felt natural. usualy when games make someone a traitor it's either obvious, retarded or simply someone I don't care about. However here I liked the character and was more or less surprised that he was bad.

And the final words of the game I really liked.
"I had a dream of my wife. She was dead. But it was all right."

Great ending, everything closed, however I would still like a third game, but I don't feel like we need one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.