everyone listen up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
this isnt a vs thread.

anyone who thinks yoda "won" against sids....see my post in "about Darth Sidious vs Mace"

it explains how ignorant u are.

Darth_Nefarus
People actually thought Yoda won?

Wickerman
i don't think people thought Yoda won in that duel per se, but that they think he would've kept on fighting and maybe even eventually win if the battle would have taken longer. At this point, some people say that Yoda ran away cause he's a scared little green gremlin, and others say he left because there was no way he'd be able to stick around waiting for 30 clone troopers to walk in and start taking shots at him + Sidious's own attacks.

I personally don't know for sure.

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
I think Yoda got beat, not entirely because of his lack of skill, but because he overestimated his powers, or underestimated Sidious' powers.

Darth Mantis
banana5

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I think Yoda got beat, not entirely because of his lack of skill, but because he overestimated his powers, or underestimated Sidious' powers.

he most definitely lost THAT duel, no doubt about it. The reason doesn't matter. Whether sids was better, or Yoda just had bad luck...point is he lost that duel. Now...whether he would lose again under different circumstances is a WHOLE different thing. but yeah...he lost that duel.

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
True, but I've always said Obi-Wan could take on Sidious.

Darth_Nefarus
Yoda didn't think he could, he was arrogant, and foolish a bit, and that's why he lost also.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
nefarus, dont go that far.

ninja would whip that ass, but would lose.

Darth_Nefarus
I'm not saying Obi-Wan would win, just escape barely

Darth_Nefarus
BARELY

Darth_DaNThEMaN
i agree he culd hold him off for a few minutes before escaping.

Wickerman
Obi Wan vs. Sidious? Ok...aren't we taking this a biiit too far? I mean yeah, he's a lucky SOB and all, but how much luck can one get? Soon we'll start saying how Obi Wan would've taken Ragnos too O_o .

~wickerman~

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, if Mace could do that well, I think Obi-Wan could. He's all about the defense.
He'd escape and all hell would break lose around Sidious

Darth_DaNThEMaN
no one said obi would win.....just escape.

Mace is da shiZ....but got played around with. if the fight was fight to the death, mace would die again....but still do really well.

Darth_Nefarus
agreed

Darth Mantis
CermDocuments and Settings\J\My Documents\My Pictures\yodathurmond.jpg

Darth_Nefarus
LOL

Wickerman
k, well, yeah, no one said it, but i thought people meant it.
As for "if mace could do it, obi wan could" that's crap.

1. Mace LOST to Sidious and it looked like he was winning because Sidious allowed it.
2. Mace's style against Sidious worked better than Obi's would've IMO
3. ^ because: While Soresu is an excellent style, because you stay on the defense and take advantage of the mistakes the other one does, there's NOTHING saying the opponent gets tired after you do.

If Mace would face Obi, Mace would win, simply because Obi would most likely get tired before Mace did. The same goes if Sidious were to face Obi IMO.

~wickerman~

Darth_DaNThEMaN
take it easy! no one said he would win! just survive long enuff to be smart and escape!

Darth Mantis
Well this Yoda could beat Sidious any day of the week...

CermDocuments and Settings\J\My Documents\My Pictures\images.jpg

Darth_Nefarus
And crap to you!
Obi-Wan is in his prime and is far above Windu at that point. He spent more time in battles in the clone wars and honed his skills to utter brilliance.

but truth be told Mace and Obi are equal I think

Wickerman
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
Well this Yoda could beat Sidious any day of the week...

CermDocuments and Settings\J\My Documents\My Pictures\images.jpg

no, that yoda would keep staring at Aalya's breasts all day long laughing

edit: "take it easy! no one said he would win! just survive long enuff to be smart and escape!"

Alright then.

edit2: "And crap to you!
Obi-Wan is in his prime and is far above Windu at that point. He spent more time in battles in the clone wars and honed his skills to utter brilliance.

but truth be told Mace and Obi are equal I think"

*sigh* yeah, that's why Obi Wan is the second in command to Yoda...oh no...wait....he's not...

~wickerman~

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Originally posted by Wickerman
no, that yoda would keep staring at Aalya's breasts all day long laughing

~wickerman~

in that case.....it might as well be my face on that yoda.

Darth Mantis
lol

Darth_Nefarus
and mine and all the men here

Darth_DaNThEMaN
indeed

yo guys, im out.....B back tomorrow!

Darth Mantis
See ya then!

Darth Mantis
CermDocuments and Settings\J\My Documents\My Pictures\gm_yoda.jpg

Darth Mantis
The job Yoda had before he was a jedi master...

CermDocuments and Settings\J\My Documents\My Pictures\CAJ3GQWL.jpg

Darth Abominus
i never said yoda defeated sidious. i think, under other circumstances, yoda could defeat sidious but in this case, he failed at the task he was hoping to accomplish, which was kill sidious.

on another point, sidious also failed, he was hoping to have all jedi killed, that was his goal - he failed. yoda, and obi wan lived.

Wickerman
which was a good thing actually. By applying the "two at a time" rule to the jedi....they came out winning in the end thumb up

~wickerman~

Darth Plagues
196 INT. CORRIDOR-SENATE ARENA-CHANCELLOR'S HOLDING OFFICE-NIGHT

YODA enters, using the Force to throw two RED GUARDS against the wall, knocking them unconscious. DARTH SIDIOUS turns his chair toward YODA. MAS AMEDDA stands behind SIDIOUS's desk.

YODA: I hear a new apprentice, you have. Emperor, or should I call you Darth Sidious.

DARTH SlDIOUS: Master Yoda, you survived.

YODA: Surprised?

DARTH SlDIOUS: Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda. Now you will experience the full power of the dark side.

The Dark Lord raises his arms, and LIGHTNING BOLTS shoot out, surrounding YODA.
YODA is picked up and thrown across the room, hitting the wall and sliding down in a crumpled heap. DARTH SIDIOUS chuckles.
199 INT. CORRIDOR-SENATE ARENA-CHANCELLOR'S HOLDING OFFICE-NIGHT

MAS AMEDDA leaves the room. PALPATINE approaches a stunned YODA.

DARTH SlDIOUS: I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend. At last, the Jedi are no more.

YODA: Not if anything I have to say about it, Lord Sidious.

YODA uses the Force to throw DARTH SIDIOUS back, knocking him clear over his desk and onto the floor in a heap.

YODA: (continuing) At an end your rule is and not short enough it was, I must say.

DARTH SIDIOUS flies through the air, cape flapping, heading toward the exit. At the last second, YODA flies into the exit and stops the Dark Lord.

YODA: (continuing) If so powerful you are, why leave??

YODA ignites his lightsaber.

DARTH SlDIOUS: You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us.

DARTH SIDIOUS ignites his lightsaber.

YODA: Faith in your new apprentice, misplaced may be, as is your faith in the dark side of the Force.

Their swords CLASH. The battle is extremely fast and furious.
201 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMBER-MAIN ARENA-NIGHT

PALPATINE seeks refuge in the vast Senate Chamber. He gets into the Chancellor's Podium and it starts to rise up into the Arena. YODA makes a giant leap into the control pod. The sword fighting is intense in the confined space.
203 INT. CORUSCANT-SENATE CHAMRER-MAIN ARENA-NIGHT

YODA unleashes a ferocious assault on PALPATINE, causing him to almost go over the edge. The Dark Lord drops his lightsaber but recovers with a BLAST OF ENERGY from his hands that surrounds YODA. YODA is deflecting the Sith Lord's lightning bolts.

The energy bolts begin to arc back on the Emperor. It looks as if the Dark Lord is doomed.

YODA: Destroy you I will, just as Master Kenobi, your apprentice will destroy.

YODA jumps to a lower Senate Pod. PALPATINE reaches out with one hand, and a Senate pod is released from its mooring and heads toward the Podium. PALPATINE uses the Force to hurl pod after pod at YODA, who ducks and jumps from one flying pod to another.

YODA leaps away from the pods. He uses the Force to hold one pod suspended in the air. The pod spins and YODA throws it back at PALPATINE, who leaps away at the last moment.

YODA leaps after him, but PALPATINE quickly turns and aims the full force of his energy bolts at the tiny green Jedi, catching him in mid-air and throwing him back hard against the Podium. The force causes YODA to drop his lightsaber. YODA blocks the lightning and throws PALPATINE backwards off the podium. YODA is knocked off the Podium and falls several hundred feet to the base of the Podium. PALPATINE follows in his pod, searching for YODA.

This is a reference from the script to show how Yoda lost (For people that are questioning it)

Fishy
Btw Mantis, image linking really has no use when you try to link it to your C drive... We can't see that

Emperor Revan
I wouldn't say he won the fight, but was winning until he gave up. If they fought in a normal field without Palpatine's clones on the way then Yoda would most likely win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.